Coal miners…

The perfect is the enemy of the good. Alternatives present far more benefits that defects.
Until they perfect alternatives people should not be forced into them…
Were you "forced" into coal? Do you know what fuel provides your power? Do you know what plant produces your power?
No, because it's the only viable source, Powder River coal power plant...
And is Powder River 'perfect'? Where do they dispose of their coal ash? Do they have scrubbers on the stacks? Can they burn high sulfur coal?

How close to the Powder River perfect standard do alternatives have to get?
First of all renewables don't fill all gaps, till then it's best with an all of the above strategy.

Powder river is up to the standards that Wyoming requires… That's all that is needed
I've heard the challenges coal faces. The future does not look good. Trump and the GOP will support your dying industry and buy you some time but you better start diversifying.

What's funny is just a few years ago Republicans were saying Detroit was doomed and now we are back and it's the energy companies who did well under bush are counting on Republicans to falsely jack up the prices on oil like they did on bushs watch. I see $4 gas coming. Remember back then the oil companies were making record profits. My cousin cuts trees now he misses the days on the oil fields where he too made $50k before overtime

Need to keep on doing their jobs, because without their jobs, coal mining jobs what would they do?
At the signing of our Constitution, 90 percent of Americans were farmers.

Today, less than 2 percent are farmers.

What are the other 88 percent doing now?

Until they perfect alternatives people should not be forced into them…
Were you "forced" into coal? Do you know what fuel provides your power? Do you know what plant produces your power?
No, because it's the only viable source, Powder River coal power plant...
And is Powder River 'perfect'? Where do they dispose of their coal ash? Do they have scrubbers on the stacks? Can they burn high sulfur coal?

How close to the Powder River perfect standard do alternatives have to get?
First of all renewables don't fill all gaps, till then it's best with an all of the above strategy.

Powder river is up to the standards that Wyoming requires… That's all that is needed
I've heard the challenges coal faces. The future does not look good. Trump and the GOP will support your dying industry and buy you some time but you better start diversifying.

What's funny is just a few years ago Republicans were saying Detroit was doomed and now we are back and it's the energy companies who did well under bush are counting on Republicans to falsely jack up the prices on oil like they did on bushs watch. I see $4 gas coming. Remember back then the oil companies were making record profits. My cousin cuts trees now he misses the days on the oil fields where he too made $50k before overtime
Agree, till then an all of the above strategy is best.
I see over in Wyoming/north dakota they are starting to hire miners and oil field workers again in greater numbers. Miners and roughnecks buy a lot of firearms… That is a good thing. :dance:

Need to keep on doing their jobs, because without their jobs, coal mining jobs what would they do?

It depends, what are progressives doing?(leeching off the federal government).
The rest of us just want the fucking federal government out of our business…

What are government employees supposed to do without their jobs?
Get a real job
And coal miners can't?
Well coal miners get six-figure incomes, two weeks on two weeks off, profit-sharing, many times at least triple pay on holidays... and they are not fleecing the American public like civilian federal government jobs to do.
We should pay them well for producing something that's not needed? Talk about welfare.
We could not exist up here without coal and oil…
Thank god we're sitting on a bunch of coal and oil. A smart species though would developer a much smarter cleaner cheaper source of energy.

And we all know your industry doesn't want what's best for everyone. You care selfishly. I get it. It's sad. But car companies purposely make cars not last 30 years. And oil companies don't want battery cars. I get it.

I sell accessories. I hope shit breaks on my customers. I'll give them a good deal but my hopes are selfish.

Get a real job
And coal miners can't?
Well coal miners get six-figure incomes, two weeks on two weeks off, profit-sharing, many times at least triple pay on holidays... and they are not fleecing the American public like civilian federal government jobs to do.
We should pay them well for producing something that's not needed? Talk about welfare.
We could not exist up here without coal and oil…
Thank god we're sitting on a bunch of coal and oil. A smart species though would developer a much smarter cleaner cheaper source of energy.

And we all know your industry doesn't want what's best for everyone. You care selfishly. I get it. It's sad. But car companies purposely make cars not last 30 years. And oil companies don't want battery cars. I get it.

I sell accessories. I hope shit breaks on my customers. I'll give them a good deal but my hopes are selfish.
Capitalism is the name of the game, it's a game we all play. Whether we like to admit it or not… Fact

-

So you have no idea what you are talking about, and just parrot random talking points in a jumble. Check.

Even when your business is bad business. Today trump lifted a regulation on companies that violate labor laws. So for example when the coal mine collapses because the coal mine company was cheap, the family gets nothing. He knew the risk. Basically I feel sorry for the workers in your state. They do work I wouldn't have wanted to do even when I was in college. But I would have done it if the pay was good.

We will see what corporations do when government gets out of their business. People get hurt

The coal mining jobs are gone. Obsoleted. They are not coming back. Natural gas is replacing coal. Adapt or perish. That's the American way.

-

So you have no idea what you are talking about, and just parrot random talking points in a jumble. Check.
I don't depend on the federal government for my well-being

This just in: There is no such thing as clean coal.
Just another of the ten thousand things Trump doesn't know.

The coal mining jobs are gone. Obsoleted. They are not coming back. Natural gas is replacing coal. Adapt or perish. That's the American way.
Oil, natural gas and coal will always be linked. An all of the above strategy is the best… Fact

-

The coal workers who don't adapt to reality will become government wards.

Oil, natural gas and coal will always be linked. An all of the above strategy is the best… Fact

Jesus! Just more parroting bullshit from you!

Do you have an original thought in your head?

Coal is being supplanted by natural gas. Fact.

Adapt or perish, rube.

This just in: There is no such thing as clean coal.
Just another of the ten thousand things Trump doesn't know.
65773299.jpg

There is no such thing as reliable affordable renewable energy. I will consider it when that changes…

Adapt or perish, rube.
65773299.jpg

-

The coal workers who don't adapt to reality will become government wards.
They will eventually move to the oil fields...

Adapt or perish, rube.
Coal, oil, natural gas and shale oil... are here to stay and live with it bed wetter

Adapt or perish, rube.
As China leaves America in the dust with developing alternative energy.

Forum List

Back