Cohen meet with Schiff for more then TEN hours to prep

Cohen met with Schiff staff for over 10 hours before House Oversight Committee hearing, sources say

If this doesn’t force him to recuse him self not sure what will!
Or a treason charge.

How in the blue fuck do you get "treason" out of this? Or a "recusal"?

What, do people on your planet need notes from the teacher to talk to a person?
Hey little girl. This is White MAGA Man! Calm down.

After you get your eyes checked, see if you can actually answer the goddam question, Wimp.
Due to my White Privilege, White MAGA Man doesn't have to answer your question. Always remember that!

Cohen met with Schiff staff for over 10 hours before House Oversight Committee hearing, sources say

Or a treason charge.

Hey little girl. This is White MAGA Man! Calm down.

After you get your eyes checked, see if you can actually answer the goddam question, Wimp.
Due to my White Privilege, White MAGA Man doesn't have to answer your question. Always remember that!

Ah, an Ignore List request.

Without objection, so ordered.

Or a treason charge.
What is your point? Investigators shouldn’t be allowed to interview defendants?
Nice try, and like CNN, MSNBC you're trying to deflect.
It is indeed common practice for prosecuting investigators to have sit downs with potential witnesses...common as day.
HOWEVER, it is NOT common for such extensive meetings and direct communication right before appearing. These meetings are for determining what a potential witness knows, and whether to include them as witnesses. A series of meetings and communication leading right up to his appearance is entirely unusual and certainly concerns anyone interested in the integrity of his statements.

Or a treason charge.

It won't force him to recuse himself. The Dems have embraced the By Any Means Necessary agenda.

Y'all don't seem to understand what recusal is.

re·cus·al
Dictionary result for recusal
/riˈkyo͞ozəl/
noun
NORTH AMERICAN•SOUTH AFRICAN
the withdrawal of a judge, prosecutor, or juror from a case on the grounds that they are unqualified to perform legal duties because of a possible conflict of interest or lack of impartiality.

HOW does this apply here? Aaaaaaaaaand GO.

Or a treason charge.

Do you know the definition? Do you know what Schiff is trying to overturn the government and our laws.

Or a treason charge.

Do you know the definition? Do you know what Schiff is trying to overturn the government and our laws.

Um... I just posted the definition, Evelyn Wood.

Or a treason charge.

Pogo, that's a fair question, because in America has different standards for treason based on passage of time and many American leaders demolished by criticism, some of which is true, and some based on pre-existing rancor. Almost universally in other countries, treason is merely uttering a single word against a sitting ruler, be he military, elected official, or king. Here in America, we think more in terms of Constitutional adherence, but even then, some people hate the part of the Constitution that least benefits themselves or their family. A lot of people seem allergic to too much lawyering to get some people a favorable public opinion and others a ticket to the nearest jail.

I'm sad to say "treason" as used here tends to follow party lines, which are generally gleaned from questionaires sent out to registered voters of the party a voter belongs to, if any. This concept is not easy, I've noticed, in USMB members who follow no party and are likely registered as independents. If it is treason based on loyalty to the Constitution, as it would be in the case of a military indictment, Mr. Cohen would be in the deepest mire imaginable. If it were a matter of one friend stabbing another in the back who happens to be a U. S. President, that would be a cause of poisoning the well for people of that President's party. Balanced with the opinion of the opposition party who had a use for the President's former lawyer, the only thing they can hope for is for the man to disclose just a smidgen of an opportunity to destroy his former boss.

I personally would stand against a lawyer I paid my money to, to go around the country shilling my demise to people I don't even know. In its best light, Cohen breached the ethics of disclosing details that should have been covered on lawyer-client privilege. The kind of disclosure from a Democrat Party denizen might welcome it considering who it hurts. Same disclosure would draw fire. I'm not a lawyer, and after I read article 3, this entire excerpt from recent American history is still difficult to understand what is required of people in this complex case made less pleasant by what looks like a pecking ritual against one scrawny chicken in a chicken yard delivering pecks to the victim to its death.

Or a treason charge.

It won't force him to recuse himself. The Dems have embraced the By Any Means Necessary agenda.

re·cus·al
/riˈkyo͞ozəl/
noun
the withdrawal of a judge, prosecutor, or juror from a case on the grounds that they are unqualified to perform legal duties because of a possible conflict of interest or lack of impartiality.

It should apply. But as Schiff, as well as Nadler, has appointed himself Prosecutor, Judge and Jury, he won't.

As the Queen of Hearts once said:

“Sentence first; verdict afterwards."

Or a treason charge.

re·cus·al
/riˈkyo͞ozəl/
noun

It should apply. But as Schiff, as well as Nadler, has appointed himself Prosecutor, Judge and Jury, he won't.

As the Queen of Hearts once said:

“Sentence first; verdict afterwards."

Yyyyeeeahhh ummm..... Congress is not a court. It renders no "verdict". And perhaps to save time we should add that it also has no judges, prosecutors, juries, baliffs, robes, or sentences.

Or a treason charge.

Pogo, that's a fair question, because in America has different standards for treason based on passage of time and many American leaders demolished by criticism, some of which is true, and some based on pre-existing rancor. Almost universally in other countries, treason is merely uttering a single word against a sitting ruler, be he military, elected official, or king. Here in America, we think more in terms of Constitutional adherence, but even then, some people hate the part of the Constitution that least benefits themselves or their family. A lot of people seem allergic to too much lawyering to get some people a favorable public opinion and others a ticket to the nearest jail.

I'm sad to say "treason" as used here tends to follow party lines, which are generally gleaned from questionaires sent out to registered voters of the party a voter belongs to, if any. This concept is not easy, I've noticed, in USMB members who follow no party and are likely registered as independents. If it is treason based on loyalty to the Constitution, as it would be in the case of a military indictment, Mr. Cohen would be in the deepest mire imaginable. If it were a matter of one friend stabbing another in the back who happens to be a U. S. President, that would be a cause of poisoning the well for people of that President's party. Balanced with the opinion of the opposition party who had a use for the President's former lawyer, the only thing they can hope for is for the man to disclose just a smidgen of an opportunity to destroy his former boss.

I personally would stand against a lawyer I paid my money to, to go around the country shilling my demise to people I don't even know. In its best light, Cohen breached the ethics of disclosing details that should have been covered on lawyer-client privilege. The kind of disclosure from a Democrat Party denizen might welcome it considering who it hurts. Same disclosure would draw fire. I'm not a lawyer, and after I read article 3, this entire excerpt from recent American history is still difficult to understand what is required of people in this complex case made less pleasant by what looks like a pecking ritual against one scrawny chicken in a chicken yard delivering pecks to the victim to its death.

There isn't any Constitutional question here. This is simply a hearing to investigate what one person did/knows. Whether any of the actions he may describe amount to Constitutional threats is a question that would be addressed elsewhere.

One can't tell from the OP whether his call for "treason" refers to Cohen or Schiff but there's no basis for either one. The wording implies he's referring to Schiff but clearly he doesn't understand either of his own terms.

Or a treason charge.
It is indeed common practice for prosecuting investigators to have sit downs with potential witnesses...common as day.
HOWEVER, it is NOT common for such extensive meetings and direct communication right before appearing. These meetings are for determining what a potential witness knows, and whether to include them as witnesses. A series of meetings and communication leading right up to his appearance is entirely unusual and certainly concerns anyone interested in the integrity of his statements.
The witness was supposed to appear before then, but Trump and his syndicate were threatening the witness’s family. I suppose your goal is for nobody to be able to meet with Cohen.

Or a treason charge.
Absolutely but not prep them
Yes that is an imaginary thing you invented. Meanwhile, back in reality, investigators are allowed to interview the people they are investigating.

Or a treason charge.
The witness was supposed to appear before then, but Trump and his syndicate were threatening the witness’s family. I suppose your goal is for nobody to be able to meet with Cohen.

My favorite part in that bit was when Rump started wailing about how they should question Cohen's father-in-law..... and then doesn't even know his name. :auiqs.jpg: :eusa_doh:

Forum List

Back