Colin Powell Denies Affair with Romanian Politician

Why does everyone make a big deal of it if some prominent man has an affair? According to statistics, about 76% of American men cheat on their wives and something like 98% of them fantasize about having sex with women other than their wives.

So quit acting so damn holier-than-thou, guys! Good grief.

Last edited:
Why does everyone make a big deal of it if some prominent man has an affair? According to statistics, about 76% of American men cheat on their wives and something like 98% of them fantasize about having sex with women other than their wives.

So quit acting so damn holier-than-thou, guys! Good grief.

News-candy for those who can't tell the difference. Keeps 'em distracted so they don't notice their phone's being tapped. Works great too.

Last edited:
The media's motives are not at all relevant to whether or not you this story is newsworthy. If we waited for the media to have good motives, we'd never know the news. Furthermore, from a legal standpoint, they are on solid ground in reporting the story.

I don't have any burden of proof to prove anything to you about this affair being available for public consumption. You have no legal case against it. If you're arguing a moral case, that's fine. But, I am not obligated to have the same moral position as you and therefore still have no burden. You see what I mean about you lacking simple common sense?

"I don't have the agenda. You do (see (C)). And the hacker does. My position is I'm simply leaving Colin Powell the fuck alone. Gonna be hard to make an "agenda" out of that."

Your "position" is an agenda, numb nuts.

The media's motives are not at all relevant to whether or not you this story is newsworthy. If we waited for the media to have good motives, we'd never know the news. Furthermore, from a legal standpoint, they are on solid ground in reporting the story.

I don't have any burden of proof to prove anything to you about this affair being available for public consumption. You have no legal case against it. If you're arguing a moral case, that's fine. But, I am not obligated to have the same moral position as you and therefore still have no burden. You see what I mean about you lacking simple common sense?

"I don't have the agenda. You do (see (C)). And the hacker does. My position is I'm simply leaving Colin Powell the fuck alone. Gonna be hard to make an "agenda" out of that."

Uhhh... you're the one arguing a "moral" case, not me. I'm just noting that case of yours has no legs. Again, that's your problem -- not mine.

Uhhh... you're the one arguing a "moral" case, not me. I'm just noting that case of yours has no legs. Again, that's your problem -- not mine.

Actually, moron. We've both made moral cases.

Actually, moron. We've both made moral cases.

Don't see how. You're arguing that such a case exists; I say it doesn't.

Basically as far as "positions" and "agendas" it works like this:

Tabloid: "E-mail Hacker Says Colin Powell Had Affair"

Me: "So?"

You: "Waaah! Call a priest! It's the end! We're doomed! Adulterer! Blasphemer! Sex! Moral rectitude! Depravity! Sex!
-- Any more details?? :evil:

Me:
yawn.gif

You tell me which of those is an "agenda".

If you're going to mock, be right. Otherwise, you look stupid; no matter how inventive your mockery might or might not be.

(At least part of) my moral case: The public is right to indulge news about the personal affairs of public figures and make judgments of character and/or regard how this affect his/her job and/or standing in public.

(At least part of) your moral case: The media should disregard such stories. The sexual affairs of public figures do not speak to their character.

If you're going to mock, be right. Otherwise, you look stupid; no matter how inventive your mockery might or might not be.

(At least part of) my moral case: The public is right to indulge news about the personal affairs of public figures and make judgments of character and/or regard how this affect his/her job and/or standing in public.

(At least part of) your moral case: The media should disregard such stories. The sexual affairs of public figures do not speak to their character.

My version was more picturesque. So sue me.

Same question remains: which of those is an 'agenda' and which is just leaving people's personal affairs to them?

Your problem is, the latter is the Liberal approach-- leave people alone. Authoritarian types want to control other people's bedrooms according to some make-believe hypocritical "moral code". I just see that as disingenuous crap.

My version was more picturesque. So sue me.

Same question remains: which of those is an 'agenda' and which is just leaving people's personal affairs to them?

Your problem is, the latter is the Liberal approach-- leave people alone. Authoritarian types want to control other people's bedrooms according to some make-believe hypocritical "moral code". I just see that as disingenuous crap.

Speaking of disingenuous: I've never at any point, even remotely stated that I want to regulate people's bedroom activities.

The reality is that the adulterous affairs of public figures will always be newsworthy. You can cry your little eyes out while you pursue your "agenda" that it should not be. And you can try and make your ad hominem attacks against me and you still won't be changing the reality.

Who gives a freaking fig of what goes on in the bedrooms of these people!

My God! if they do their jobs well... let them have a life if that's what they want!!:mad:

The reality is that the adulterous affairs of public figures will always be newsworthy. You can cry your little eyes out while you pursue your "agenda" that it should not be. And you can try and make your ad hominem attacks against me and you still won't be changing the reality.

You don't have the foggiest idea what "ad hominem" means, do you? :lol:

And no, holding the position that there is no there there is not an "agenda". It's the absence of one.

My God! if they do their jobs well... let them have a life if that's what they want!!:mad:

Apparently, you do. Or you'd ignore the thread instead of coming by and berating people for discussing the issue.

You don't have the foggiest idea what "ad hominem" means, do you? :lol:

And no, holding the position that there is no there there is not an "agenda". It's the absence of one.

Actually, I do. And you just made another ad hominem attack, IDIOT.

Apparently, you do. Or you'd ignore the thread instead of coming by and berating people for discussing the issue.

Excuse me?

I am berating nobody.

I'm using the term somewhat liberally. But, this is like the 4th time you've came around to tell us your quasi-nonsense that we're not supposed to care about the issue.

Excuse me?

I am berating nobody.

I'm using the term somewhat liberally. But, this is like the 4th time you've came around to tell us your quasi-nonsense that we're not supposed to care about the issue.

TGG you are absolutely right I am more concerned with expired coupons for cut rate shoes and Powell's love for Corvettes.

Excuse me?

I am berating nobody.

I , me, myself care .... I am saying that people should leave other people's bedrooms alone...

Like the hacker on the OP ... was the hacker under Powell's bed? everything was told in glowing detail... how many times they kissed? and how? and how?

C'mon now. Grow up.

Excuse me?

I am berating nobody.

TGG you are absolutely right I am more concerned with expired coupons for cut rate shoes and Powell's love for Corvettes.

You're a troll that brings dead issues to conversations and I'd block you, but I'm not allowed to block mods. So instead, I'll just issue a heart fuck off.

Forum List

Back