Colin Powell Denies Affair with Romanian Politician

Something in very wrong when hackers have this easy of a time hacking our leaders email accounts. Bush, Palin, Powell etc...

Colin Powell is denying that he had an affair with a female Romanian politician after a hacker posted a series of personal emails sent between the two for a period of several years.

In a statement to the website The Smoking Gun, which was confirmed by ABC News, Powell acknowledges that his correspondences with Corina Cretu, 46, became “of a very personal nature” over the course of 10 years.

“Those type of emails ended a few years ago,” Powell, 72, wrote in the statement. “There was no affair then and there is not one now.”

The two met when Powell served as secretary of state during the Bush administration, and Cretu worked in various positions in the Romanian government. She is now a senator in the European Parliament.

Powell blames a hacker for sifting through his email for the correspondences and according to The Smoking Gun, the hacker, known as “Guccifer” made a series of posts on Powell’s Facebook page that linked to the emails and several photos that appear to have been sent by Cretu to Powell. The emails document correspondences dating as far back as 2011, and as recently as this Wednesday.

Guccifer also claimed responsibility for hacking the Bush family’s emails, including publicly releasing George W. Bush’s private self-portraits.

Colin Powell Denies Affair with Romanian Politician - ABC News

They should hire the hackers.

And, get their noses out of other people's business.

When there was talk of Powell running for president he refused saying he did not want his backgound examined. This might have been what he was hiding.

That's what I thought, at the time. His wife had something on him and he didn't want it exposed, or a divorce....:eek:

Something in very wrong when hackers have this easy of a time hacking our leaders email accounts. Bush, Palin, Powell etc...

Colin Powell is denying that he had an affair with a female Romanian politician after a hacker posted a series of personal emails sent between the two for a period of several years.

In a statement to the website The Smoking Gun, which was confirmed by ABC News, Powell acknowledges that his correspondences with Corina Cretu, 46, became “of a very personal nature” over the course of 10 years.

“Those type of emails ended a few years ago,” Powell, 72, wrote in the statement. “There was no affair then and there is not one now.”

The two met when Powell served as secretary of state during the Bush administration, and Cretu worked in various positions in the Romanian government. She is now a senator in the European Parliament.

Powell blames a hacker for sifting through his email for the correspondences and according to The Smoking Gun, the hacker, known as “Guccifer” made a series of posts on Powell’s Facebook page that linked to the emails and several photos that appear to have been sent by Cretu to Powell. The emails document correspondences dating as far back as 2011, and as recently as this Wednesday.

Guccifer also claimed responsibility for hacking the Bush family’s emails, including publicly releasing George W. Bush’s private self-portraits.

They should hire the hackers.

And, get their noses out of other people's business.

That's true -- following this bullshit story is in effect approval of e-mail hacking. But nobody says a word about that; no, let's gossip about other people's (alleged) affairs that have nothing to do with us, even though we don't actually know they happened, even though we DO know e-mail hacking happened.

And there lieth the values of the unwashed.

Something is very wrong when hackers have this easy of a time hacking our leaders email accounts. Bush, Palin, Powell etc...

This is his business, if I were him I'd just be like yes I did fuck her, so what?

Since when does someone have to be in office to be scrutinized by USMB ? Poor man ? He's rich as hell. What's the pity for ?

Well ..what I am saying is that he is a grown up man and he can do what he wants and who are we to sit up as jury.

That's all my friend. :)

We pick everyone to DEATH in here. If the Right doesn't do it, The Left does it. I don't understand why Colin Powell deserves special treatment.
I think it says more about us than it says about him. Why the hands off treatment ?

Gee, ya think it just might be that it's wrong both times?

Duh??

Powell also has a Passion for Corvettes and Speed, now that is worth talking about ...not the man's sex life.....:doubt:

062507_2.jpg

Obviously, you want to ignore the subtext of this entire discussion. Conservatives feel betrayed by CP. Nobody cares about his corvettes.

Obviously your head is still up your tailpipe. A sexual affair has nothing to do with one's politics. Nor does a Corvette fetish. You're enslaved to your own partisan hackery.

Can anyone get his wife on twitter?

Let's give it to old "I'm perfect mr powell"

Exactly why he was targeted by a hacker no doubt. Colin Powell would be the last person I would expect to act this way while on the job. Too damn uptight. Just highlights once again...there aren't many in Washington you can trust.

If you're not the one married to him .... wtf?

We pay the son of a bitch. What he does sure as hell is our business. Why do you have issues with people discussing him ?

Because you guys have a bigger problem with him getting something on the side than you do with the fact he got up in front of the United Nations and lied about Iraqi WMD's.

Talk about some fouled up priorities.

You guys ? I'm not on any team here. I have a big issue with him getting up and lying to the UN. I have a big issue with him cheating on his wife too or are we condoning adultery for men who have served a certain amount of years in the military. My father worked directly with Gen Powell in G-1 at Ft Carson. I bet if he were alive today he'd find this all very interesting.

The difference is: getting up in front of the UN and lying to set up a war affects one FUCK of a lot more people than "cheating" on his wife. We don't even know the latter; we do know the former.

THAT is a fucked up priority.

The two met when Powell served as secretary of state during the Bush administration, and Cretu worked in various positions in the Romanian government. She is now a senator in the European Parliament?

This is why this IS our business....Powell was "inside baseball" to every secret the US government held at the time and who's to say this Romanian honey wasn't a spy? The russians often used this tactic to entice important people into affairs and then blackmail them. Poor Colin....got caught with his dick in the wrong chick...that's the story, not who sneaked his emails. :eusa_eh:

over your head ??--check into the new book coming out about the Kennedys. Or do your morals prohibit you from that sorta stuff ?

Read more: New book details JFK's last year with Jackie: Affair with Marilyn, amphetamines from 'Dr. Feelgood' - NY Daily News

So you're still enslaved to this idea that other people's personal lives are somehow everybody's business.

Sad.

The Kennedys ?

I'd like to buy a verb please... :dunno:

The two met when Powell served as secretary of state during the Bush administration, and Cretu worked in various positions in the Romanian government. She is now a senator in the European Parliament?

This is why this IS our business....Powell was "inside baseball" to every secret the US government held at the time and who's to say this Romanian honey wasn't a spy? The russians often used this tactic to entice important people into affairs and then blackmail them. Poor Colin....got caught with his dick in the wrong chick...that's the story, not who sneaked his emails. :eusa_eh:

You actually believe sex is the only tool of spies? Or that spying is the only goal of sex?

This shoddy reasoning was trotted out before, Joe. BLAM. :Boom2:

You actually believe sex is the only tool of spies? Or that spying is the only goal of sex?

Another oddly disjointed snark from Miss Pogo having nothing to do with anything. :cuckoo:

oh be fair---he didn't make any claims about it being the "only" tool of spies or the only goal of sex.
Do you have to put words in peoples mouths just so you can refute them?

So you're still enslaved to this idea that other people's personal lives are somehow everybody's business.

Sad.

The Kennedys ?

Apparently you need an entire dictionary. The Kennedy clan's "private lives" were splashed all over the media. You couldn't take a shit with out hearing something good or bad about Camelot. They tossed Marilyn around like a two bit whore. Clintons private blow jobs got quite the attention too. Months and months of it. These people work for us. What they do is our business.

This happens though we are all men, General Patreus was fucking a Rolling Stone reporter he met in Iraq, he should be reinstated and issued an apology from this administration.

oh be fair---he didn't make any claims about it being the "only" tool of spies or the only goal of sex.
Do you have to put words in peoples mouths just so you can refute them?

Perhaps it wasn't worded the clearest way, but then again I wasn't exactly speaking to the intelligentsia. The point is that concluding a politically-connected sex affair automatically means spying, has no basis. If a plumber has an affair is there a danger the affairee will come away with esoteric drain secrets? He's jumping to a conclusion without a bridge.

He's scraping the bottom of the logical barrel. Joe likes it down there.

As for the affairee being a politician or whatever, that's simply who you intermingle with when your occupation is diplomacy. If Colin Powell had been, say, an airline pilot, then the affairee would likely be a stewardess. That doesn't mean she'd jump out of bed knowing how to fly a freaking plane.

Last edited:
The Kennedys ?

Apparently you need an entire dictionary. The Kennedy clan's "private lives" were splashed all over the media. You couldn't take a shit with out hearing something good or bad about Camelot. They tossed Marilyn around like a two bit whore. Clintons private blow jobs got quite the attention too. Months and months of it. These people work for us. What they do is our business.

What they do on the job is. Know the difference. Next you're going to call for a 24-7 webcam in the White House bedroom. Leave people the fuck alone.

When JFK was in office this kind of bullshit didn't get splashed all over the news. We've deteriorated (journalistically) since then.

Forum List

Back