College educated liberals

What makes you think they are liberals? Family farms, for instance, probably aren't owned by liberals but could readily have children relying on their parents for money.

What makes you think they are liberals? Family farms, for instance, probably aren't owned by liberals but could readily have children relying on their parents for money.

Because they are the ideology of mooching...

So multi-generation farmers are moochers. Alrightie then.....clearly no discussion to be had here.....

Uh college kids who major in humanities, art, and blank studies, stupid crap like that, they are getting min wage jobs, except for a very select few. And added to the left's love of transfer payment and lack of work ethic, except for protesting....then yeah.

Vast majority of podcasts of Christian sermons I listen to seem quite liberal as well. They don't come right out and get into politics but the message is clear in regards to their stance against fear. At least that's what I pick up from listening to roughly a dozen sermons each week.

So multi-generation farmers are moochers. Alrightie then.....clearly no discussion to be had here.....

Uh college kids who major in humanities, art, and blank studies, stupid crap like that, they are getting min wage jobs, except for a very select few. And added to the left's love of transfer payment and lack of work ethic, except for protesting....then yeah.

History and religion majors are rolling in the dough though :crybaby:

Well when you get paid not to farm and all...
I thought you dems were well versed in attacking the American redneck.......slipping?

That's my point....DONT MAJOR in those.. because you can't support your self and you have to live with....drumroll please.......your parents!...duh!

I thought you dems were well versed in attacking the American redneck.......slipping?

Did I ever say I was a democrat?....and I think Obama did cut direct payments to farmers as part of sequestration cuts.

That's my point....DONT MAJOR in those.. because you can't support your self and you have to live with....drumroll please.......your parents!...duh!

Maybe it was because of the out of control housing prices up to 2008 that caused some of those people not to be able to afford to move out. Don't know. I used the recession to get me a good deal on a house I otherwise wouldn't be able to afford when most of my friends are still sharing apartments.

Did I ever say I was a democrat?....and I think Obama did cut direct payments to farmers as part of sequestration cuts.

So you're saying the farmers are moochers?

what is your obsession over farms...that is not in the story.
I just gave you the reason why, they don't major in anything useful.
I was gonna major in history, then I thought hey what can I do with it....nothing, so I switch to computer science...and now I have a great job.

I was gonna major in history, then I thought hey what can I do with it....nothing, so I switch to computer science...and now I have a great job.

Maybe you would have taken your history degree and become a stock broker. The degree usually is just checking a box. It does not have to control your destiny.

I don't have an obsession with farms. I was just pointing out a situation in which it would be reasonable to have CONSERVATIVES dependent on their parents...waiting the out to die or retire so they could take over the driver's seat.

Maybe you would have taken your history degree and become a stock broker. The degree usually is just checking a box. It does not have to control your destiny.

I don't have an obsession with farms. I was just pointing out a situation in which it would be reasonable to have CONSERVATIVES dependent on their parents...waiting the out to die or retire so they could take over the driver's seat.

I get that....but that's not the point of the article...it's not farms....and it didn't say what their ideology was...I was making an educated guess....based on years of study and experience....I'd put money it's liberals who major in crap and that article makes it seem like they are lazy and have no work ethic.

Yes you can get a history degree and do other things, but it is a lot tougher. I got a great job, specifically because I was a computer science major...We need more of those and less humanities...that's why they have the H1B visa program.

I get that....but that's not the point of the article...it's not farms....and it didn't say what their ideology was...I was making an educated guess....based on years of study and experience....I'd put money it's liberals who major in crap and that article makes it seem like they are lazy and have no work ethic.

Yes you can get a history degree and do other things, but it is a lot tougher. I got a great job, specifically because I was a computer science major...We need more of those and less humanities...that's why they have the H1B visa program.

I was commenting on the thread title when I spoke of farms....you know the one with "liberals" in it.

I was commenting on the thread title when I spoke of farms....you know the one with "liberals" in it.

Yeah, I get it, but that's my point.....they aren't doing anything with their life...atleast running a farm gives you a future...staying home and watching BRAVO all day does nothing for you.

Yeah, I get it, but that's my point.....they aren't doing anything with their life...atleast running a farm gives you a future...staying home and watching BRAVO all day does nothing for you.

The article doesn't indicate that is happening though. I have observed it across different situations: the xbox slackers, semi-closeted gay people with no real social life; people with substance abuse issues; people with out of wedlock children; family farms (again); parents with health issues; children with health issues, people who lost their job, etc. I am not sure you can draw a general rule.

Forum List

Back