College educated liberals

what is your obsession over farms...that is not in the story.
I just gave you the reason why, they don't major in anything useful.
I was gonna major in history, then I thought hey what can I do with it....nothing, so I switch to computer science...and now I have a great job.

Maybe you would have taken your history degree and become a stock broker. The degree usually is just checking a box. It does not have to control your destiny.

I don't have an obsession with farms. I was just pointing out a situation in which it would be reasonable to have CONSERVATIVES dependent on their parents...waiting the out to die or retire so they could take over the driver's seat.

I get that....but that's not the point of the article...it's not farms....and it didn't say what their ideology was...I was making an educated guess....based on years of study and experience....I'd put money it's liberals who major in crap and that article makes it seem like they are lazy and have no work ethic.

Yes you can get a history degree and do other things, but it is a lot tougher. I got a great job, specifically because I was a computer science major...We need more of those and less humanities...that's why they have the H1B visa program.

I was commenting on the thread title when I spoke of farms....you know the one with "liberals" in it.

Yeah, I get it, but that's my point.....they aren't doing anything with their life...atleast running a farm gives you a future...staying home and watching BRAVO all day does nothing for you.

The article doesn't indicate that is happening though. I have observed it across different situations: the xbox slackers, semi-closeted gay people with no real social life; people with substance abuse issues; people with out of wedlock children; family farms (again); parents with health issues; children with health issues, people who lost their job, etc. I am not sure you can draw a general rule.

Sure you can, because most conservatives disdain handouts....not all...but most....and therefore they are much more likely to feel guilty about it....and therefor attempt to pursue a career.....Liberals are much more like to get that big break in the music business....which almost never happens.

Maybe you would have taken your history degree and become a stock broker. The degree usually is just checking a box. It does not have to control your destiny.

I don't have an obsession with farms. I was just pointing out a situation in which it would be reasonable to have CONSERVATIVES dependent on their parents...waiting the out to die or retire so they could take over the driver's seat.

I get that....but that's not the point of the article...it's not farms....and it didn't say what their ideology was...I was making an educated guess....based on years of study and experience....I'd put money it's liberals who major in crap and that article makes it seem like they are lazy and have no work ethic.

Yes you can get a history degree and do other things, but it is a lot tougher. I got a great job, specifically because I was a computer science major...We need more of those and less humanities...that's why they have the H1B visa program.

I was commenting on the thread title when I spoke of farms....you know the one with "liberals" in it.

Yeah, I get it, but that's my point.....they aren't doing anything with their life...atleast running a farm gives you a future...staying home and watching BRAVO all day does nothing for you.

The article doesn't indicate that is happening though. I have observed it across different situations: the xbox slackers, semi-closeted gay people with no real social life; people with substance abuse issues; people with out of wedlock children; family farms (again); parents with health issues; children with health issues, people who lost their job, etc. I am not sure you can draw a general rule.

Sure you can, because most conservatives disdain handouts....not all...but most....and therefore they are much more likely to feel guilty about it....and therefor attempt to pursue a career.....Liberals are much more like to get that big break in the music business....which almost never happens.

Living with your parents does not mean you are unemployed.

No, but it means you are not taking responsibility for your life.....read the article, they are 30 and 40 years old, what the fuck???

No, but it means you are not taking responsibility for your life.....read the article, they are 30 and 40 years old, what the fuck???

"Receiving financial support" is fairly inexact. I worked for a guy in his 40's pulling down almost $500K just in his personal income who used to have to borrow anywhere from $30K-$100K at a time from his dad to keep the business going through slow months. That isn't mooching really but it is financial support. He kept everything leveraged to the hilt so if his wife left him she couldn't get any of the buildings so he couldn't personally borrow the money from a bank.

"Receiving financial support" is fairly inexact. I worked for a guy in his 40's pulling down almost $500K just in his personal income who used to have to borrow anywhere from $30K-$100K at a time from his dad to keep the business going through slow months. That isn't mooching really but it is financial support. He kept everything leveraged to the hilt so if his wife left him she couldn't get any of the buildings so he couldn't personally borrow the money from a bank.

that's a fairly strange and specific example...but in most cases it's not owning a business...it's people who get a shit degree or drop out and lack ambition.....that's 90% of those cases

Forum List

Back