College Education In America Is A Giant Money Making Scam

The problem with the mortgage industry was that the government ceased to be involved, and the Glass-Steagal Act was repealed. Had that not happened, there would not have been the crash. And guess who pushed the repeal of the Glass-Steagal Act?

Seriously, are you really this blind?
Ever heard of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac...have you?

Because Glass-Steagal was repealed. That, then the creation of FM. OK?

The idea that college continues to be for tomorrow's leaders is a sick joke.

Just means that among those we need who graduate are those we throw back in the pond.

Last edited:
29 Shocking Facts That Prove That

By Michael, on May 7th, 2013 @ 29 Shocking Facts That Prove That College Education In America Is A Giant Money Making Scam

I know a lot of people are gonna try to debunk this and there isn't a lot I can do other than to point to the numerous links provided in the article. Here's an excerpt of a couple of claims.

-”After two years in college, 45% of students showed no significant gains in learning; after four years, 36% showed little change.”

-”Students also spent 50% less time studying compared with students a few decades ago”

-”35% of students report spending five or fewer hours per week studying alone.”

-”50% said they never took a class in a typical semester where they wrote more than 20 pages”

-”32% never took a course in a typical semester where they read more than 40 pages per week.”

As an American, I will say my comrades are morons. I will also admit I am not good in Math even though I got interest in it and I am not bad in Science, but I probably could get outbeated by an non-American. But I took up learning on my own though while I was (and still am) in college. I buy books (more then I should with my poor state :D) on Military History, Business, Leadership and so on. Why? No one is going to teach it to you so teach yourself.

And I'm smarter then most kids that I know. Officaly speaking maybe not. I may only have a 2.5 GPA at my 4 year school, but half the kids I go to school with can't remember the crap they learn after a month.... I can and they got a higher GPA then me :clap2:. So I really don't care.

And it is OK to go to 2 year schools. I got a AS from one in 2012 and one in 2013 with a Certificate and working on my Bachelor's. My last semester last year I had a 3.25 GPA, it helps to go to a 2 year school.

outbeated ?

Damn......college really is a scam

American students score 23rd in math and 31st in science when compared with 65 other top industrial countries. In math, we are beaten by countries from Lichtenstein and Slovakia to the Netherlands and Singapore. In science, we are beaten by countries from New Zealand and Estonia to Finland and Hungary.

U.S lag in science, math a disaster in the making - CNN.com

Note that the countries which perform best also have state-funded education.

ALL of these countries have state-funded high school education, which this study measures. Also, it compares AVERAGE scores, which are influenced by our heterogeneous population. When it comes to (legitimate) Nobel Prizes, Americans dominate all other countries.

29 Shocking Facts That Prove That

By Michael, on May 7th, 2013 @ 29 Shocking Facts That Prove That College Education In America Is A Giant Money Making Scam

I know a lot of people are gonna try to debunk this and there isn't a lot I can do other than to point to the numerous links provided in the article. Here's an excerpt of a couple of claims.

-”After two years in college, 45% of students showed no significant gains in learning; after four years, 36% showed little change.”

-”Students also spent 50% less time studying compared with students a few decades ago”

-”35% of students report spending five or fewer hours per week studying alone.”

-”50% said they never took a class in a typical semester where they wrote more than 20 pages”

-”32% never took a course in a typical semester where they read more than 40 pages per week.”

As an American, I will say my comrades are morons. I will also admit I am not good in Math even though I got interest in it and I am not bad in Science, but I probably could get outbeated by an non-American. But I took up learning on my own though while I was (and still am) in college. I buy books (more then I should with my poor state :D) on Military History, Business, Leadership and so on. Why? No one is going to teach it to you so teach yourself.

And I'm smarter then most kids that I know. Officaly speaking maybe not. I may only have a 2.5 GPA at my 4 year school, but half the kids I go to school with can't remember the crap they learn after a month.... I can and they got a higher GPA then me :clap2:. So I really don't care.

And it is OK to go to 2 year schools. I got a AS from one in 2012 and one in 2013 with a Certificate and working on my Bachelor's. My last semester last year I had a 3.25 GPA, it helps to go to a 2 year school.

:confused:

Was that post supposed to be some kind of ironic, performance-art thing?

Forum List

Back