College Presidents

What should they be "under scrutiny" about?
Well, let's see. High salaries probably means higher tuitions to pay for them. Student loans are taxpayer funded. I would say they deserve plenty of scrutiny, especially since most student loans are never paid back.

Well, let's see. High salaries probably means higher tuitions to pay for them. Student loans are taxpayer funded. I would say they deserve plenty of scrutiny, especially since most student loans are never paid back.

Are you attempting to "gotcha" me somehow? Because you look like an idiot.

Either you're serious, and the most ridiculously hypocritical hack that I've ever seen, or you think somehow you'll get a "gotcha" on me when I call you out on your obvious hypocrisy. Either way, there's no need for me to point the hypocrisy out.

Either you're serious, and the most ridiculously hypocritical hack that I've ever seen, or you think somehow you'll get a "gotcha" on me when I call you out on your obvious hypocrisy. Either way, there's no need for me to point the hypocrisy out.
You asked a question and I answered it. If you have a valid argument against my answer, why don't you express it, instead of calling me names? Or is name calling all you have?

You asked a question and I answered it. If you have a valid argument against my answer, why don't you express it, instead of calling me names? Or is name calling all you have?

If you want a "valid argument" against your answer, go check the right-wing talking points from a few years ago about Obama's CEO salary cap back in 2009.

If you want a "valid argument" against your answer, go check the right-wing talking points from a few years ago about Obama's CEO salary cap back in 2009.
How about if YOU give a valid argument? Or are you incapable of doing that?

How about if YOU give a valid argument? Or are you incapable of doing that?

I'm capable of it, but I'm choosing not to. You know the answer.

My guess would be that pay has much to do with the responsibility of safeguarding reputation and endowment. Whether these ought to be the priorities of higher education (to say nothing of the compensation of athletic coaches) is unfortunately the prerogative of legislatures and trustees.

"University presidents may not be as generously compensated as their corporate counterparts, but their pay has been rising steeply over the past 15 years, especially compared with what college professors earn. The median income for public-university presidents in the 2007-08 academic year was $427,400. The average head of a private university* took home about $100,000 more."

Highest-Paid University Presidents: The Top 10 at Public and Private Colleges - BusinessWeek

Oct 1, 2012 – Two years after leaving school, students default on their federal loans at a rate of 9.1 percent, up from 8.8 percent at last count.
source

It is troubling (but understandable in this economy) that nearly 10% (not "most") of students are defaulting on their student loans.

10% is a very high rate of defaults.

But DO bear in mind that the clock keeps ticking, their interest on the debt continues to accrue and that it is impossible for those students to wipe out those debts via bankruptcy.

Forum List

Back