🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

College Republicans Denied Admittance to Obama Speech

What if they were black College Republicans, or White-Hispanic College Republicans?
Or any non un-black variation thereof?

black College Republicans

After the Republicans support for killing black children, I suspect you won't find many.

You missed the part where the people barred from the public event said they weren't going to protest. You also missed the part where your cited instances were private campaign events, not public speeches on public college campuses.

It seems you are the one with a short memory. Progressives object to protesters being given a place to protest a Republican while at the same time outright banning Republicans from their events altogether.

Excellent point. Libtards can not tolerate opposition.

Of course the bed wetters still like to ignore the fact that leftist rabble tend to burn shit, break shit, and generally shit all over the place. Then they get butt hurt when the adults want to keep them contained.

When conservatives gather they clean the place up and it looks better than it did before the event.

Not always.

Cross-Burning.jpg

KKK Invites North Carolina Residents To 'Whites-Only' Cross-Burning -

Usually, when I post something akin to "you didnt complain when 'your side' did it" I do so to point to hypocritical faux outrage ... which of course is present in this thread.

However, with Bush and with Obama, I gotta ask ... gee what's wrong with trying to eliminate hecklers, whose only motive is to prevent free speech? I mean leaders need to give speeches and typically people are interested in hearing the information.

Bush still pre-screening questions at speaking events. | ThinkProgress

Of course there was no need to isolate and contain the sort of derelicts who "protest" by setting shit on fire, destroying private property, and attacking public officials in order to "promote peace".

See the last line of my signature.

Listening to Papa Doc obama without worship and agreement is a form of protest.

I've truly never seen a President like Obama.

He's the President of only progressives. Not of all the people of America. He only lives for "his side of the aisle".

Any one else is his enemy and is useless to him and is to be dismissed, discarded or destroyed.

Really, don't remember the same thing happening under President Bush?

On March 21, 2005, Appellants attended then-President George W. Bush’s speech at the Wings Over the Rockies museum. White House policy established who could attend the speech because it was a government-sponsored event. Prior to the event, the White House “established a policy of excluding those who disagree with the President from the President’s official public appearances.” Appellants, like most Americans, were unaware of this policy and proceeded to the event in a car adorned with a bumper sticker that read: “No More Blood For Oil.” After passing through security, Appellants were told to wait for Secret Service. Appellee then arrived and told Appellant Weise that “she had been ‘ID’d’” because of the sticker and “that if she had any ill intentions” or “tried any ‘funny stuff’ that [she] would be arrested, but that he was going to let [her] in.” Appellants then made their way to the event but were asked to leave moments after taking their seats.

The online supplement to the Denver University Law Review - DULR Online Articles - Weise v. Casper: Leave Your Free Speech at the*Door

or worse?

Brett Bursey, who was arrested for holding a “No War for Oil” sign at a Bush visit to Columbia, S.C. Local police, acting under Secret Service orders, established a “free speech zone” half a mile from where Bush would speak. Bursey was standing amid hundreds of people carrying signs praising the president. Police told Bursey to remove himself to the “free speech zone.”

Bursey refused and was arrested. Bursey said that he asked the policeman if “it was the content of my sign, and he said, ‘Yes, sir, it’s the content of your sign that’s the problem.’”

?Free-Speech Zone? | The American Conservative

In any case, on the face of it, I don't think the students should have been excluded, too much like President Bush if you ask me! What's next Free Speech Zones?

Of Course Obama can't stand anyone being near him who may disagree or not want to kiss his "ring". So it is easier just to deny them entry.

College Republicans Denied Admittance to Obama Speech | National Review Online

President Obama was bound to receive a warm response from the audience attending his speech at the University of Central Missouri yesterday — because some students who disagreed with him weren’t allowed into the building.

Christopher White of The College Fix reports that students wearing “Tea Party T-Shirts and others who wore patriotic or Republican-inspired clothing” were turned away at the door under the guise of security concerns, despite the fact that they held tickets to the event.

Can they legally do that?

Yep another Bush precedent we get to live with.

The online supplement to the Denver University Law Review - DULR Online Articles - Weise v. Casper: Leave Your Free Speech at the*Door

Recently upheld by the Supremes too.

Sucks too.

There is no sign whatsoever that the students denied entry intended to protest anything.

Merely being a republican is too much protest fo Papa Doc obama to handle.

His next speech should be "Trayvon could be my Baby Doc. "

Being a centrist, I am no fan of right-wing republican candidates or left-wing democrats, however, I believe that such candidates should be free from hecklers during a speech at a location to which they were invited to give.
All upon the stage should be given enough mature consideration as to allow them their complete time to speak their side of things. Those that object to a particular candidate can stand outside on the campus or in the streets with their signs, objecting to whatever it is they want to object to.

Being a centrist, I am no fan of right-wing republican candidates or left-wing democrats, however, I believe that such candidates should be free from hecklers during a speech at a location to which they were invited to give.
All upon the stage should be given enough mature consideration as to allow them their complete time to speak their side of things. Those that object to a particular candidate can stand outside on the campus or in the streets with their signs, objecting to whatever it is they want to object to.

No indication anyone was going to be a heckler.
If you want hecklers, you need the Left.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZChRd0irVOc]Heckler Disrupting UC Davis Event: Israeli Soldiers - YouTube[/ame]

Every time I hear the term "college Republican" THIS guy immediately comes to mind :up:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Abramoff#College_Republican_National_Chairman
College Republican National Chairman
After graduating from Brandeis, Abramoff ran for election as chairman of the College Republican National Committee (CRNC). After a campaign which cost over $10,000 and was managed by Grover Norquist, Abramoff won the election after the chief competitor, Amy Moritz (who later, as Amy Ridenour, became a founding director of the National Center for Public Policy Research, and was involved in several trips funded by Jack Abramoff), was persuaded to drop out.

Last edited:
What if they were black College Republicans, or White-Hispanic College Republicans?
Or any non un-black variation thereof?

black College Republicans

After the Republicans support for killing black children, I suspect you won't find many.

Republicans support killing Black children? Do you have proof of this or are you just quoting some Liberal race hack?

How any conservative can bare to listen to this embarrassing man at this point is beyond me.

He only wants a teleprompter, and a room full of Obamabots so he can keep spilling his divisive, dulusional Obabble.

What do you think those "college Republicans" are taking?

Certainly not science.

They usually suck at art or music.

We know from that dreadful and failed "reparative therapy" they are no good at psychology.

Math? I doubt it.

Sports? Not very likely.

So they are either working for a BS in Bible Study, or Bible Memorization or they study business to figure out ways to screw the middle class out of money. They don't build anything. They don't invent anything. Trickery is what they seem to be best at.

Forum List

Back