Colorado baker told to bake that cake

I'm sure I could make a cake out of plaster.

I would make a beautiful cake with just a bit too much baking soda.

Is a cup and a half too much baking soda? Who's the baker here?

And about a tablespoon of cinnamon essential oil in the icing.

Nobody says it has to be a "good" cake, right? And besides, "good" is so subjective.

Absolutely. Public businesses should serve the public. You advocate for Jim Crow.

You shouldnt force anyone to have to "create" something that goes against their religious belief. You would still be free to patronize the bakery.... buy anything you want that is for sale in the shop... but it's not right for you, to say you can force a baker to create something that is offensive to him.

You could be an adult about it.... get your cake made in one of the probably hundreds of bakerys around who would be willing to bake any kind of cake you wanted,.... go ahead and protest the original baker, as that is your right.

Then.. you can stop pretending the world is against you... this is Jim crow all over again... and fucking grow up.

OR.... you can live your life as a political. petty little hack and try to destroy one persons life..like a baker who has some religious belief.... but takes nothing away from anyone's life.

Sow the ford dealer that doesn’t sell Chevy products is hateful?

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
It’s reprehensible to discriminate against those gay and transgender.

The idea that accommodating those gay and transgender somehow ‘compromises’ one’s religious beliefs is ridiculous; indeed, the bigotry and hate of conservatives alone is ridiculous.

You shouldnt force anyone to have to "create" something that goes against their religious belief. You would still be free to patronize the bakery.... buy anything you want that is for sale in the shop... but it's not right for you, to say you can force a baker to create something that is offensive to him.

You could be an adult about it.... get your cake made in one of the probably hundreds of bakerys around who would be willing to bake any kind of cake you wanted,.... go ahead and protest the original baker, as that is your right.

Then.. you can stop pretending the world is against you... this is Jim crow all over again... and fucking grow up.

OR.... you can live your life as a political. petty little hack and try to destroy one persons life..like a baker who has some religious belief.... but takes nothing away from anyone's life.
I agree!

The idea that accommodating those gay and transgender somehow ‘compromises’ one’s religious beliefs is ridiculous; indeed, the bigotry and hate of conservatives alone is ridiculous.
Go eat shit.

But the deal is that they act as though people's faith really does hurt them.

What makes them like this?

Is it because they have nothing to believe in, except possibly drugs and sex and fake climate change bullshit?

True, it is ridiculous.

Public accommodations laws don’t ‘violate’ religious freedom.

Bigoted Christians are at complete liberty to maintain their unwarranted fear and hatred of those gay and transgender.

So why do you fear Christians?

Tell us how a Christian ever hurt you, personally.

Likely so.

He offers cakes. How many times does this have to be pointed out?

Indeed, but he is not obligated to make every cake known to the human race, only those he chooses to offer. How many times does this have to be pointed out.

New car dealers as well, only offer certain brands, the government has no right to make them offer every brand. 🤦‍♂️

No it isnt. YOU just dont understand their religious belief. Why is it that when criminals with a rap sheet a mile long, can beat people up, loot stores... trashing the places they steal from... car jack motorists... and in worse cases commit murder....and we see Leftist Democrats clamoring to say.....we just need to UNDERSTAND them.... understand what is driving them to do these things....

Yet, a law abiding citizen who has a business and contributes to society... gets none of that benefit of the doubt. Where are you leftists trying to UNDERSTAND why a baker with a religious belief, feels the way he feels?

As I pointed out, he doesn’t.

So go away kid and quite acting like you’re an adult.

If you have any proof that the government can force a business to sell certain products, then link to it. If not, you lost.

Your emotions have no place in this discussion

I literally have had transgender people flip back n forth in their gender-fluid bullshit and they are catty, mean mother fuckers. I will not be forced into their lifestyle just because they want all of society to bend to their will. If they want to live like that go for it. But I am not going to and I don't have to and I don't have to be friendly or hang out or approve. Furthermore, they go out of their way to find slights and look for lawsuits. I would never go to gay bakers and insist they bake me a catholic cake. Come on this is nonsense and its a form of forcing conformity to their beliefs.

Not all transgender people suck but I've dealt with quite a few in social and professional environments and probably half of them do this for sport. Ironically are like some Christians in that they revel in self-righteousness pity pots. GTFO

As your constant hatred and fear of those who disagree with you shines out loud and clear.
self+awareness.gif

Indeed, but he is not obligated to make every cake known to the human race, only those he chooses to offer. How many times does this have to be pointed out.

New car dealers as well, only offer certain brands, the government has no right to make them offer every brand. 🤦‍♂️

Instead of advertising "All Occasion Cakes", he needs to advertise "Some Occasion Cakes" or "Certain Occasion Cakes".

Problem solved.

Are you clutching your pearls? You sound like an offended church lady.

But where do you draw the line? If you are a racist, should you have the right to refuse service to people of different races.
Or if you think that race mixing is bad, should you have the right to refuse a wedding cake to an interracial couple?

Well, no, it's two different issues. We have laws for a reason to protect the consumer. If we allowed everyone to refuse service on a dubious religious grounds, we'd have all sorts of problems.

fda3252949f5d92093a9717ea6366f856f3a7a64dbb854379df09603be70b582_1.jpg

Wait, who is whining about being oppressed again? It seems to me the worst whiners are so-called Christians.

Me personally, I wouldn't have kept messing with the guy... but I can see where people would be offended by his stance.

Instead of advertising "All Occasion Cakes", he needs to advertise "Some Occasion Cakes" or "Certain Occasion Cakes".

Problem solved.

He probably has a history of the cakes he has made in the past. That should be evidence enough.

Example: if he’s made same sex cakes for a same sex heterosexual marriage, he would be obligated to make cake for all same sex. If he hasn’t? Then it’s not one he offers.

Forum List

Back