Colorado baker told to bake that cake

He's always self-righteous in every single post. He likes to impose his views on others and then uses language to imply guilt on them for his own made-up citizen social crimes.

Precisely ... And uses words like they should mean something ... Simply in a Social Sense and absent any Principles or Depth.

Like "Bigotry" ... Which is basically holding an intolerant view ... And so what?
I have a rather intolerant bigotry against fire ants ... I even kill the little bastards when I can ... :auiqs.jpg:

Indeed, but he is not obligated to make every cake known to the human race, only those he chooses to offer. How many times does this have to be pointed out.

New car dealers as well, only offer certain brands, the government has no right to make them offer every brand. 🤦‍♂️

She asked for a cake.

I do, you, and you understand that two heterosexuals can Marry, as stupid as it is, Obergfell made it 100 % legal. Quit being a bigot.
Go back and read the post that I replied to--you stated, in post #120, Example: if he’s made same sex cakes for a same sex heterosexual marriage How can you have a "same sex heterosexual marriage?" C'mon man.

Go back and read the post that I replied to--you stated, in post #120, Example: if he’s made same sex cakes for a same sex heterosexual marriage How can you have a "same sex heterosexual marriage?" C'mon man.

Look at the law. Same sex marriage is legal. It makes no qualification as to the sexuality of the couple.

If the baker won’t make one for hetero or homo, he is not discriminatory.

St Peter: I see here where you baked a cake for a customer that said something you didn't like. We can not let you enter.

Makes about as much sense as calling him a she ...
I mean if we are going to grant People the Power and Authority to change the meanings of words ...
Why don't we just make ourselves Gods.

Go make me a sandwich ... :auiqs.jpg:

I can see it now.

Baker at the Pearly Gates.

St Peter: I see here where you baked a cake for a customer that said something you didn't like. We can not let you enter.

How does one sin if the sinner does not proclaim the sin?

Makes about as much sense as calling him a she ...
I mean if we are going to grant People the Power and Authority to change the meanings of words ...
Why don't we just make ourselves Gods.

Go make me a sandwich ... :auiqs.jpg:

The Baker can call the person whatever they wish. As far as I'm concerned they can bake the cake or not. I simply do not understand the hate.

Hate out of those who claim to be a Christian.

He probably has a history of the cakes he has made in the past. That should be evidence enough.

Example: if he’s made same sex cakes for a same sex heterosexual marriage, he would be obligated to make cake for all same sex. If he hasn’t? Then it’s not one he offers.
There is no such thing as a same sex cake. Except in your head.

But where do you draw the line? If you are a racist, should you have the right to refuse service to people of different races.
Or if you think that race mixing is bad, should you have the right to refuse a wedding cake to an interracial couple?

Well, no, it's two different issues. We have laws for a reason to protect the consumer. If we allowed everyone to refuse service on a dubious religious grounds, we'd have all sorts of problems.

fda3252949f5d92093a9717ea6366f856f3a7a64dbb854379df09603be70b582_1.jpg

Wait, who is whining about being oppressed again? It seems to me the worst whiners are so-called Christians.

Me personally, I wouldn't have kept messing with the guy... but I can see where people would be offended by his stance.

But did the baker really refuse service? would the baker allow the couple to buy anything else in the shop? or was it just that one item?
Pretty sure it was just about making one cake, and the baker didn't refuse them to spend their money in the shop.

I think the couple have a right to protest the Baker's business. That way everyone has their say, and their voice is heard..... forcing someone then to make a cake however would be an infringement on religious freedom and goes too far.

Are you saying this because they are just cruising looking for bakers to harass and don't actually want the cakes at all?

Because that's my impression.

Judge Judy would call them "kochleffel" or pot stirrer -- someone who delights in stirring up trouble.

Maybe they should just shut up and get to the back of the bus ?

Forum List

Back