Colorado Sheriffs Threaten Not To Enforce Their Own State’s Gun Laws

Oh I am fairly confident that the Sheriffs will enforce the guns laws on those elements of society that they personally do not approve of.

After all that's pretty much how every other law gets enforced.

Thanks for sharing this, it shows the trend thats coming

Connie Weirick

You're welcome. And yes it is the trend that's coming from radical extremists who selectively enforce and obey only those laws they agree with - yet they preach the Constitution.

What just like the radicals in new york,where just about every Sheriff's dept and associations are denouncing Albanys departure from reality also??
New York is just chocked full of radicals after all.

You know its bad legislation when the cops are up in arms over it.

The legislators who passed these new gun laws were duly elected by the citizens of Colorado. Therefore, if the Governor signs them into law, any sheriff who refuses to enforce the new laws should be arrested and tried accordingly. I'm sure the Colorado Constitution doesn't allow a sheriff to pick and choose which laws to enforce.

These laws, whether passed by duly elected officials or not, are un-Constitutional and they should not be enforced by anyone, nor followed by anyone.

Absolutely. I must agree that the Sheriff has every right not to enforce a law that is violating the constitiutional rights of american citizens. That is his duty and all law enforcement should follow his lead. I applaud him. Bravo! :clap2:

- Jeremiah

Time to stop threatening and time to start doing meaningful things to take our nation back from the elitist despots who seem to have forgotten that they do NOT rule over us, but rather SERVE us.

Time for the stupid gun nuts to realize that elected officials serve the general public, not a radical and senseless minority.

the Constitution is not set up to necessary do as the masses say

if it we would simply be mob rule

We are a nation of laws not men. What you right wing 2nd amendment morons are promoting is lawlessness. Enforcing laws like criminal background checks are NOT unconstitutional.

You folks are really showing who and what you are...anti-American SCUM.

We are a nation of laws not men. What you right wing 2nd amendment morons are promoting is lawlessness. Enforcing laws like criminal background checks are NOT unconstitutional.

get back to us when you hold the prezbo to the same enforcement standards

get back to us when you hold the prezbo to the same enforcement standards

??? Empty headed babble...

Maybe these maverick sheriffs are indicative of why "current" gun laws aren't being properly enforced - let alone "new" gun laws. Sheriffs enforce laws - they don't make them. Sheriffs don't have the legal right to pick and choose which laws they enforce.

But they have the moral obligation to not enforce laws they see as unconsitutional.

Or would you rather have some lawful automoton as sherrff, who enforces the law just because its the law, regardless of any moral issues?

Maybe these maverick sheriffs are indicative of why "current" gun laws aren't being properly enforced - let alone "new" gun laws. Sheriffs enforce laws - they don't make them. Sheriffs don't have the legal right to pick and choose which laws they enforce.

But they have the moral obligation to not enforce laws they see as unconsitutional.

Or would you rather have some lawful automoton as sherrff, who enforces the law just because its the law, regardless of any moral issues?

There are avenues our founding fathers provided to address the laws. Not enforcing them by tin bit sheriffs is not one of them. If that were the case, they could decide to MAKE a law to fit their agenda.

You right wing turds really need to THINK for probably the first time in your lives.

There are avenues our founding fathers provided to address the laws. Not enforcing them by tin bit sheriffs is not one of them. If that were the case, they could decide to MAKE a law to fit their agenda.

You right wing turds really need to THINK for probably the first time in your lives.

An appeal for me to "think" is ironic coming from someone who's only ability seems to be regurtiating the latest Talking Point from his Progressive betters.

When legislatures take it upon themselves to override consitutional rights, I would expect court cases to be filed. Until then we rely on those who enforce the laws to realize the legislatures have overstepped their bounds, and hold off on enforcing things unconsitutonal until the courts can fix the problem. However nowadays the courts can be even worse than the legislature.

When police said they would refuse to enforce local anti pot laws, the left found them brave patriots.

The legislators who passed these new gun laws were duly elected by the citizens of Colorado. Therefore, if the Governor signs them into law, any sheriff who refuses to enforce the new laws should be arrested and tried accordingly. I'm sure the Colorado Constitution doesn't allow a sheriff to pick and choose which laws to enforce.

So you are against sanctuary cities then.. got it

Now Sheriffs Will Choose What Laws to Enforce Because That’s What Sheriffs Think the Constitution Says

As all schoolchildren know, the Firsteenth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution reads, "No law passed by the federal government may be enforced UNLESS it is cool with a bunch of sheriffs of rural counties." Leave it to the NObama administration to flagrantly ignore this Divine Right of Random Sheriffs to Decide About the Legality All Laws Based on Just Whatever Pops Into Their Heads.

The WSJ notes the important ongoing legal work of the Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association, which amounts to a collection of dozens of county sheriffs publicly declaring that they won't enforce the Obama administration's new gun laws, should they pass. Because that's what good sheriffs do: unilaterally decide what is and is not constitutional, based upon their close reading of FoxNation.com. Here's the group's rallying cry, from retired sheriff and Martian legal scholar Richard Mack:

Mack to Obama, "you have no authority to tell me what kind of gun I can own, how big of a clip I can own, or even that I have to go through your stupid background checks. I'll own whatever kind of gun I want, and it's NONE OF YOUR DAMN BUSINESS!"

The U.S. president has no power to sign laws that would regulate the behavior of sheriffs. That is what the U.S. Constitution says. Look it up Take our word for it.

Sheriffs are duly elected and sworn to uphold the Constitution.

When an unconstitutional laws is passed they have an obligation NOT to enforce it,

You ought to head out to Colorado and make a citizen's arrest. Send video if you can.

Last edited:
Now Sheriffs Will Choose What Laws to Enforce Because That’s What Sheriffs Think the Constitution Says

As all schoolchildren know, the Firsteenth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution reads, "No law passed by the federal government may be enforced UNLESS it is cool with a bunch of sheriffs of rural counties." Leave it to the NObama administration to flagrantly ignore this Divine Right of Random Sheriffs to Decide About the Legality All Laws Based on Just Whatever Pops Into Their Heads.

The WSJ notes the important ongoing legal work of the Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association, which amounts to a collection of dozens of county sheriffs publicly declaring that they won't enforce the Obama administration's new gun laws, should they pass. Because that's what good sheriffs do: unilaterally decide what is and is not constitutional, based upon their close reading of FoxNation.com. Here's the group's rallying cry, from retired sheriff and Martian legal scholar Richard Mack:

Mack to Obama, "you have no authority to tell me what kind of gun I can own, how big of a clip I can own, or even that I have to go through your stupid background checks. I'll own whatever kind of gun I want, and it's NONE OF YOUR DAMN BUSINESS!"

The U.S. president has no power to sign laws that would regulate the behavior of sheriffs. That is what the U.S. Constitution says. Look it up Take our word for it.

So you want good little facist sherriffs, who follow the laws blindly regardless of if they see them as being unconstiutional.

got it.

political messagebords;6966952]Lakhota will be the first one running for protection by local and state militias when shit hits the fan. lololol

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtUM16Axgyg]Justice For Gun Owners - You Are Racist & Corrupt If You Support The 2nd Amendment - Jeanine Pirro - YouTube[/ame][/QUOTE]

Local and state militas are the last people needed in the debate over the 2nd amendment. I mean, they did so much after OKC. And the **** in your video there is the last person who should be talking about it considering the threw a cop in prison for using His 2nd amendment rights to defend his family.

Last edited:

So you want good little facist sherriffs, who follow the laws blindly regardless of if they see them as being unconstiutional.

got it.

Thank you for proving you are a pea brain. But at least you support the Firsteenth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution which reads, "No law passed by the federal government may be enforced UNLESS it is cool with a bunch of sheriffs of rural counties."

got it.

Thank you for proving you are a pea brain. But at least you support the Firsteenth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution which reads, "No law passed by the federal government may be enforced UNLESS it is cool with a bunch of sheriffs of rural counties."

You cant answer the question, so you resort to insults. I win.

Forum List

Back