Colorado Sheriffs Threaten Not To Enforce Their Own State’s Gun Laws

The police do not have a responsibility to protect individual citizens - that's why you can't sue if they don't show up in time to prevent you from being harmed. You have a responsibility to defend yourself at least until the police arrive - you also have a right to do so.

The mayor and chief of police are both wrong in this situation and the sheriff's advice was sound. Everyone has the responsibility to determine if they will protect themselves, run , hide, or try to bargin with an attacker. If you are going to protect yourself then get training to do so. That way you understand the law and your application of a proper defense.

The police do not have a responsibility to protect individual citizens - that's why you can't sue if they don't show up in time to prevent you from being harmed. You have a responsibility to defend yourself at least until the police arrive - you also have a right to do so.

The mayor and chief of police are both wrong in this situation and the sheriff's advice was sound. Everyone has the responsibility to determine if they will protect themselves, run , hide, or try to bargin with an attacker. If you are going to protect yourself then get training to do so. That way you understand the law and your application of a proper defense.

Everyone has the responsibility to determine if they will protect themselves, run , hide, or try to bargin with an attacker.

Is that your only options? They will not work for me. I'm to old to run, too big too hide, and I don't bargain with criminals.

We all know cops fudge the law. HOWEVER...

Failure to enforce certain minor violations that seemingly pose no risk to others is one thing - but failure to enforce certain major violations such as background checks is quite another.

Now you are kidding yourself. You acknowledge they can fail to enforce some laws, but limit them to some etheral standard of "minor violations" as compared to "major violations". Sorry it does not work that way... did you know they can even offer what is known as "plea bargains" and... even worse "immunity from prosecution for turning states witnesss"? I know it is hard to believe, but they sometimes even do this for mafia hit men.

This is mostly an adult board - meaning most of us already know the basic crap you're posting. I'm 66 and well aware of county politics.

you're 66:eek:
I thought you were around 15-18 years old

The legislators who passed these new gun laws were duly elected by the citizens of Colorado. Therefore, if the Governor signs them into law, any sheriff who refuses to enforce the new laws should be arrested and tried accordingly. I'm sure the Colorado Constitution doesn't allow a sheriff to pick and choose which laws to enforce.

If it's good enough for Eric Holder... :dunno:

Last edited:
The legislators who passed these new gun laws were duly elected by the citizens of Colorado. Therefore, if the Governor signs them into law, any sheriff who refuses to enforce the new laws should be arrested and tried accordingly. I'm sure the Colorado Constitution doesn't allow a sheriff to pick and choose which laws to enforce.

If it's good enough for Eric Holder... :dunno:

nice set of double standards they have there

--LOL

There is only one way to deal forcibly with law enforcement to uphold nonsense laws.

Legislatur to sheriff. Did you see any unregistered guns today?

Sheriff to legislature. Nope didn't see any. Not a one.

Legislature. Arrest 50 random people every day for having an illegal gun. Break down doors on suspicion. Pay informers for telling you what you want to hear. That's your quota. Let them fight it in court.

Don't you like it now?

There is only one way to deal forcibly with law enforcement to uphold nonsense laws.

Legislatur to sheriff. Did you see any unregistered guns today?

Sheriff to legislature. Nope didn't see any. Not a one.

Legislature. Arrest 50 random people every day for having an illegal gun. Break down doors on suspicion. Pay informers for telling you what you want to hear. That's your quota. Let them fight it in court.

Don't you like it now?

actually they would have to police do it

Many of Colorado's police chiefs are also in favor of stricter gun control laws in the state. CBS4 spoke with Tom Deland, head of the Colorado Association of Chiefs of Police, who said that police chiefs across the state support the universal background check bill and the high-capacity magazine ban bill that would limit firearm magazines to only 15 bullets. “Do we believe that this is going to solve the entire issue?" Tom Deland asked CBS4. "We know that it’s not, but it is one important step." Deland says that his organization supports ideas like these that keep Colorado citizens, and its police, safer.

Amen.

LOL......typical far left asshole!!! Look at the sig:up:.......these people insist on living in a world where there are zero absolutes. They're for shit, but with this stipulation. Their against shit, but never propose an alternative thats reasonable. Its the definitive example of connect the dots where none of the dots connect.........except to the far lefty. Thank God these people are the political fringe and that most people dont spend their lives falling all over themselves to live in this gray world.

Deland says that his organization supports ideas like these that keep Colorado citizens, and its police, safer.

And pro-gun groups are more interested in those goals. They just think the problem should be addressed with logic instead of hysteria.

Forum List

Back