Colt stops production of long guns

Because they look cool. The gun is no more deadly than any other semi auto weapon. The only difference is looks
You have sure been fooled by the gun lobby. They shoot rifle rounds which are more likely to kill. They have large capacity magazines. Rifles are easier to fire faster. Police are often outgunned by these rifles.

All rifles don't fire faster than some handguns. That's more liberal myth.

And its easier to shoot rounds with a assault rifle, instead of a handgun.

Would a .223 be a good rifle for deer hunting? Lets say you have a 300-400 yard shot.
Large capacity magazines have no place in hunting.

That wasn't the question. Do you understand the question?

why can you not define an assault rifle?
Any semi auto rifle capable of using large capacity magazines should be banned.

No, it should not.
Future mass killers applaud you.

I could care less what some nut job thinks about me.
Nor do you care our children are regularly gunned down.

I didnt say that. You said it...trying to infer some type of twisted logic.

The gun isn't the reason. The killer is. And you can shoot as many people with a handgun as you can with a long rifle. In fact a handgun theoretically is more dangerous because it can be easily concealed.....yet the focus is on long guns that fire rounds at the same rate handguns do.

So why do shooters use an assault rifle for mass shootings??

No, it should not.

Mass murders are a few hundred people a year and are irrelevant considering the murder rate is more like 20,000 people a year.
And it is clear weapons accessibility has nothing to do with it, because 90% if all murders are caused by the War on Drugs.
The War on Drugs makes drug profits so high they are too tempting, and it also makes it so dealers have to strictly use cash that they can't take to a bank or have police defend.

Obviously a mass killer problem is a symptom of something wrong with society, like no health care, unemployment, tuition too high, housing unaffordable, pesticides, cellphone radiation, or something. We need to discover actual causes and find solutions, not try to make symptoms by pretending hiding weapons is better.

You have sure been fooled by the gun lobby. They shoot rifle rounds which are more likely to kill. They have large capacity magazines. Rifles are easier to fire faster. Police are often outgunned by these rifles.

Would a .223 be a good rifle for deer hunting? Lets say you have a 300-400 yard shot.

I’m discussing homicide, not hunting, Large capacity magazines have no place in hunting,

No, it should not.

I could care less what some nut job thinks about me.
Nor do you care our children are regularly gunned down.

I didnt say that. You said it...trying to infer some type of twisted logic.
You work hard at arming their killers.

No, it should not.

Mass murders are a few hundred people a year and are irrelevant considering the murder rate is more like 20,000 people a year.
And it is clear weapons accessibility has nothing to do with it, because 90% if all murders are caused by the War on Drugs.
The War on Drugs makes drug profits so high they are too tempting, and it also makes it so dealers have to strictly use cash that they can't take to a bank or have police defend.

Obviously a mass killer problem is a symptom of something wrong with society, like no health care, unemployment, tuition too high, housing unaffordable, pesticides, cellphone radiation, or something. We need to discover actual causes and find solutions, not try to make symptoms by pretending hiding weapons is better.
Mass shootings are not a problem where there is strong gun control. Lots of guns give more people the capacity to kill. That increases homicide rates.

Because they look cool. The gun is no more deadly than any other semi auto weapon. The only difference is looks

Got to love that argument. If someone wants to pull the trigger on a gun it could be single shot and they would still do it. A gun could have a hundred round magazine and if someone does not want to pull the trigger it will not matter.
It is people not guns.

I’m discussing homicide, not hunting, Large capacity magazines have no place in hunting,

Who are you to say that? It doesn't matter if I have a 30 round mag or 6. Thats none of your business.

The reason Colt stopped making the civilian version is because there are too many cheaper clones.
They used to charge over $2500 each at one time. Now the clones are down to $600. So there no longer is enough profit in it.

Got to love that argument. If someone wants to pull the trigger on a gun it could be single shot and they would still do it. A gun could have a hundred round magazine and if someone does not want to pull the trigger it will not matter.
It is people not guns.
And killers with more dangerous weapons kill more people.

Who are you to say that? It doesn't matter if I have a 30 round mag or 6. Thats none of your business.
Your deer wait around for you to unload 30 do they?

Your hunting rifle might be used to gun down children. You prefer he can kill many without even reloading eh?

I don't use a 30 round mag for deer. I'd never get a second shot off if I missed.

I don't use a 30 round mag for deer. I'd never get a second shot off if I missed.
Yes, no place in hunting for large capacity magazines.

Colt Suspends Manufacture Of Controversial AR-15 For Civilian Market

Makes no sense to me. More people are murdered with handguns but the scary AR 15 is eliminated?
Our worst mass shootings have been done with ar type rifles.
Irrelevant. Have more people been murdered by handguns or long rifles?

Murders in Chicago are so high that when you hear the news it sounds like a casualty report from a war zone. And most of those are murdered with hand guns. Yet not a peep from the left. WHY?
Completely relevant. One shooter should not be able to kill 50+ people really quickly in one shooting. Why do you think bombs are illegal?
The gun isn't the reason. The killer is. And you can shoot as many people with a handgun as you can with a long rifle. In fact a handgun theoretically is more dangerous because it can be easily concealed.....yet the focus is on long guns that fire rounds at the same rate handguns do.

Think of the weapon as a penis extension in the mind of the shooter. The rifle is bigger than a side arm.

Your hunting rifle might be used to gun down children. You prefer he can kill many without even reloading eh?

Not possible.

What does hunting have to do with anything?

Yes, there is a place. They're great for killing 5-10 wild hogs in one setting.

Forum List

Back