Colt stops production of long guns

Colt has trolled the anti-gun loons into, yet again, exposing their ignorance.

They think Colt's move is significant because they do not know the AR market is flooded with quality low-cost rifles, and Colt rifles, of the same quality but higher price point, are not selling as well because if it.

There are few people easier to dupe than an anti-gun loon.

Colt Suspends Manufacture Of Controversial AR-15 For Civilian Market

Makes no sense to me. More people are murdered with handguns but the scary AR 15 is eliminated?
does anyone read this article?

colt is going to stop because they feel there are too many people out there making AR15's. couple this with their financial issues, they said they are going to focus on military / police weapons, not a consumer rifle.

so - in colts eyes, the AR15 is NOT a police/military weapon the left says it is.

They actually did market a civilian M4-gery style AR that was pretty low priced, but it didn't even come with a rear sight. I don't believe it sold well at the $700 MSRP because you can custom build something a lot better with a $65 lower and another $600.

AR-15's have become something of a set of LEGOs for dudes. (and hot chicks).

Makes no sense to me. More people are murdered with handguns but the scary AR 15 is eliminated?

colt is going to stop because they feel there are too many people out there making AR15's. couple this with their financial issues, they said they are going to focus on military / police weapons, not a consumer rifle.

so - in colts eyes, the AR15 is NOT a police/military weapon the left says it is.

They actually did market a civilian M4-gery style AR that was pretty low priced, but it didn't even come with a rear sight. I don't believe it sold well at the $700 MSRP because you can custom build something a lot better with a $65 lower and another $600.

can you ACCESSORIZE??? i knew you could... :)

Colt has trolled the anti-gun loons into, yet again, exposing their ignorance.

They think Colt's move is significant because they do not know the AR market is flooded with quality low-cost rifles, and Colt rifles, of the same quality but higher price point, are not selling as well because if it.

There are few people easier to dupe than an anti-gun loon.
Dude....SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

BE QUIET!

THEY THINK COLT IS JOINING THEIR FIGHT! THEY THINK IT'S ALL OVER!

LET THEM!

:lol:

Not to mention the 80% lowers, etc. But, let's not discuss that.

shhhhhhh

The gun-grabbers are now threatening banks who deal with firearm manufacturers and dealers with boycotts. It's been going on for a couple years....Maybe Colt sees no reason to threaten the rest of their business by producing ARs at this time. The wording is "suspension" which will probably last until January 2021 after Trump's second inauguration.

Other than Colt, I like BCM, Daniel Defense, LMT, and a plethora of other makers.

Part of Colt's problem is their unionized work force. They should have moved from CT years ago, and made their products somewhere else in a non union shop.

Our worst mass shootings have been done with ar type rifles.
Irrelevant. Have more people been murdered by handguns or long rifles?

Murders in Chicago are so high that when you hear the news it sounds like a casualty report from a war zone. And most of those are murdered with hand guns. Yet not a peep from the left. WHY?
Completely relevant. One shooter should not be able to kill 50+ people really quickly in one shooting. Why do you think bombs are illegal?
The gun isn't the reason. The killer is. And you can shoot as many people with a handgun as you can with a long rifle. In fact a handgun theoretically is more dangerous because it can be easily concealed.....yet the focus is on long guns that fire rounds at the same rate handguns do.

So why do shooters use an assault rifle for mass shootings??

For the same reason a person wants one for protection...they work.

Other than Colt, I like BCM, Daniel Defense, LMT, and a plethora of other makers.

The problem with Colt is they still want to sell their 6920s for $900 when you can buy a quality AR now from another manufacture for $600-700. You can get a decent budget AR for $350.

That Union shop is screwing them on labor cost.

Daniel Defense is my favorite.
I have built a few Aero Precision rifles lately but have used DD CHF barrels. In fact I took one out this morning to zero.
I am in the market for an AP 20" 308 - sadly, their components are routinely out of stock.

I don't like to order AP from their website because they charge that stupid Washington state tax. My local FFL has AP parts for about the same amount. If I have to pay the stupid tax it might as well go to my home state.

You are right about them not having a lot of stuff in stock sometimes. I like their enhanced lowers and uppers.

The problem with Colt is they still want to sell their 6920s for $900 when you can buy a quality AR now from another manufacture for $600-700. You can get a decent budget AR for $350.

That Union shop is screwing them on labor cost.

Unions eventually ruin every company, especially in today's global economy. This is why so many companes are leaving union states and moving to right to work states. Makes perfect sense on many levels, including taxes are typically lower in non-union states.

Forum List

Back