Colt stops production of long guns

Thus, civilian ARs are not military grade.

So, knock of the "weapons of war" and "military weapons" bullshit.

and open wheel Indy cars arent stretch limo's -

yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
They are not. How is that relevant, you twat?

the only relevant issue is your stupidity.
Yeah, so you are completely wrong? That's what I thought.

Colt makes two versions - they are discontinuing one and will continue to make the other.

you figure it out dumbass ....
Meaning one is for war and the other is not?

Have YOU figured it out yet?

It is a military weapon

You say it goes over my head then post that???

They dropped ar15 production to FOCUS on military weapons. Hence the ar15 is not a military weapon.

I think it's funny that people like you freak out because it looks like a military weapon

Colt is getting out of civilian grade AR's because of market saturation.

Their intent is to focus on MILITARY GRADE AR's...

read your article - sheesh.

I guess you're too stupid to know that the AR was being sold in the civilian market a full 5 years before the military adopted an upgraded version for general use.

Who are you to say that? It doesn't matter if I have a 30 round mag or 6. Thats none of your business.
Your deer wait around for you to unload 30 do they?

I don't use a 30 round mag for deer. I'd never get a second shot off if I missed.
Yes, no place in hunting for large capacity magazines.

Yes, there is a place. They're great for killing 5-10 wild hogs in one setting.
Night scope and a Springfield Scout. Now that is some kind of fun.

I've never done that but it sounds awesome.

It is a military weapon

You say it goes over my head then post that???

They dropped ar15 production to FOCUS on military weapons. Hence the ar15 is not a military weapon.

I think it's funny that people like you freak out because it looks like a military weapon

Colt is getting out of civilian grade AR's because of market saturation.

Their intent is to focus on MILITARY GRADE AR's...

read your article - sheesh.

I guess you're too stupid to know that the AR was being sold in the civilian market a full 5 years before the military adopted an upgraded version for general use.

Yes. He is that stupid.

And its easier to shoot rounds with a assault rifle, instead of a handgun.

Would a .223 be a good rifle for deer hunting? Lets say you have a 300-400 yard shot.
Large capacity magazines have no place in hunting.

Bullshit, they're great for hunting wild hogs.

killing hogs - hunting ? hard to call shooting hogs out of helicoptors or at night "hunting"

It's called exterminating. Who cares about hunting these pests. I'd bomb them if I could.

its called BBQ -

god bless the vermin

Would a .223 be a good rifle for deer hunting? Lets say you have a 300-400 yard shot.

killing hogs - hunting ? hard to call shooting hogs out of helicoptors or at night "hunting"

It's called exterminating. Who cares about hunting these pests. I'd bomb them if I could.

its called BBQ -

god bless the vermin

Yeah, they do taste good.

All rifles don't fire faster than some handguns. That's more liberal myth.

Sorry dude, I don't have a helicopter. Beside they wouldn't be very effective in the woods of SE Texas either. Guess you've never had a heard of hogs go through your yard. We don't shoot them for sport, it's to get rid of a nuisance.

Last edited:
Your deer wait around for you to unload 30 do they?

I don't use a 30 round mag for deer. I'd never get a second shot off if I missed.
Yes, no place in hunting for large capacity magazines.

Yes, there is a place. They're great for killing 5-10 wild hogs in one setting.
Night scope and a Springfield Scout. Now that is some kind of fun.

I've never done that but it sounds awesome.

It works pretty well.

Sorry dude, I don't have a helicopter. Beside they wouldn't be very effective in the woods of SE Texas either. Guess you've never had a heard of hogs go through you yard. We don't shoot them for sport, it's to get rid of a nuisance.

I own property in Wood County. I've had to repair the dam at the spillway on my 5 acre lake more times than I can remember.

5-6-700$ a pop depending how hot they got and how cool they needed to get ...

Sorry dude, I don't have a helicopter. Beside they wouldn't be very effective in the woods of SE Texas either. Guess you've never had a heard of hogs go through you yard. We don't shoot them for sport, it's to get rid of a nuisance.

I own property in Wood County. I've had to repair the dam at the spillway on my 5 acre lake more times than I can remember.

Then you would understand how IR scope and high cap magazine on a rifle with a noise suppressor would be of great help. I haven't gone through the hassle of getting a noise suppressor, yet.

Colt Suspends Manufacture Of Controversial AR-15 For Civilian Market

Makes no sense to me. More people are murdered with handguns but the scary AR 15 is eliminated?
does anyone read this article?

colt is going to stop because they feel there are too many people out there making AR15's. couple this with their financial issues, they said they are going to focus on military / police weapons, not a consumer rifle.

so - in colts eyes, the AR15 is NOT a police/military weapon the left says it is.
I read it. Sounded like spin to me. Profit is profit regardless of who you sell to.

I get it.
The Colt AR is far more expensive than the majority of AR manufacturers.
You can still get that quality through several other manufactures as well.
I think with the dwindling market share it makes sense.

I believe some 400 other manufacturers make it or similar models.

Then you would understand how IR scope and high cap magazine on a rifle with a noise suppressor would be of great help. I haven't gone through the hassle of getting a noise suppressor, yet.

I prefer my 300 Win mag and a 180 grain nosler in either ear - and I dont give a shit WHO hears it

Colt Suspends Manufacture Of Controversial AR-15 For Civilian Market

Makes no sense to me. More people are murdered with handguns but the scary AR 15 is eliminated?
does anyone read this article?

colt is going to stop because they feel there are too many people out there making AR15's. couple this with their financial issues, they said they are going to focus on military / police weapons, not a consumer rifle.

so - in colts eyes, the AR15 is NOT a police/military weapon the left says it is.
I read it. Sounded like spin to me. Profit is profit regardless of who you sell to.

I get it.
The Colt AR is far more expensive than the majority of AR manufacturers.
You can still get that quality through several other manufactures as well.
I think with the dwindling market share it makes sense.

I believe some 400 other manufacturers make it or similar models.

Yep....
There's definitely a crapload of em.
Personally I wont buy the cheap ones.
I love my Sig AR!!!

I've seen these on sale for like $425, plus a $50 Cabalas gift card and people buy the hell out of them. DPMS Oracle AR-15 Semi-Auto Rifle, 5.56 NATO, 16" Barrel, 30 Rounds, Black | Cheaper Than Dirt
Del-Ton Sport Mod 2 AR-15 Semi Auto Rifle 5.56mm NATO 16" Barrel 30 Rounds 6 Position Stock Black | Cheaper Than Dirt

A lot of people like them put a red dot on it and you are on your way.

The cheapest Colt is like $900, this why Colt is converting their civilian AR15 capacity to production for the military.

I prefer my 300 Win mag and a 180 grain nosler in either ear - and I dont give a shit WHO hears it

Well I want as many hits as I can get and I don't give a shit if they run off and die elsewhere and let nature reclaim them.

All rifles don't fire faster than some handguns. That's more liberal myth.

You know nothing.
Trying to hit a running target from a moving vehicle is a bitch!!!!

You know nothing.
Trying to hit a running target from a moving vehicle is a bitch!!!!

I'll leave moving vehicles to the pussies -

walking 10 miles, killing an elk and packing it out on horses is my style ...

Forum List

Back