Colt stops production of long guns

Of the 29 ARs that I have a half dozen are Colts. I am hoping that Colt stops making them for the civilian market so that mine become more valuable.

Other than Colt, I like BCM, Daniel Defense, LMT, and a plethora of other makers.
Daniel Defense is my favorite.
I have built a few Aero Precision rifles lately but have used DD CHF barrels. In fact I took one out this morning to zero.
I am in the market for an AP 20" 308 - sadly, their components are routinely out of stock.
I don't like to order AP from their website because they charge that stupid Washington state tax. My local FFL has AP parts for about the same amount. If I have to pay the stupid tax it might as well go to my home state.
You are right about them not having a lot of stuff in stock sometimes. I like their enhanced lowers and uppers.
I have a 15% of my first order coupon, so I want to make it count ;-)
I should be able to put it all together sans optic, for about $1100.

Other than Colt, I like BCM, Daniel Defense, LMT, and a plethora of other makers.
I have built a few Aero Precision rifles lately but have used DD CHF barrels. In fact I took one out this morning to zero.
I am in the market for an AP 20" 308 - sadly, their components are routinely out of stock.
I don't like to order AP from their website because they charge that stupid Washington state tax. My local FFL has AP parts for about the same amount. If I have to pay the stupid tax it might as well go to my home state.
You are right about them not having a lot of stuff in stock sometimes. I like their enhanced lowers and uppers.

It will be a nice AR-10 but for a few hundred more you could get a La Rue kit and that is even better. I think when I priced out the parts it came to about $1350.

Colt Suspends Manufacture Of Controversial AR-15 For Civilian Market

Makes no sense to me. More people are murdered with handguns but the scary AR 15 is eliminated?
Our worst mass shootings have been done with ar type rifles.
Irrelevant. Have more people been murdered by handguns or long rifles?

Murders in Chicago are so high that when you hear the news it sounds like a casualty report from a war zone. And most of those are murdered with hand guns. Yet not a peep from the left. WHY?
St. Louis is worse....why does no one talk about St. Louis?

It will be a nice AR-10 but for a few hundred more you could get a La Rue kit and that is even better. I think when I priced out the parts it came to about $1350.
I looked into that a little as well.

Makes no sense to me. More people are murdered with handguns but the scary AR 15 is eliminated?
Our worst mass shootings have been done with ar type rifles.
Irrelevant. Have more people been murdered by handguns or long rifles?

Murders in Chicago are so high that when you hear the news it sounds like a casualty report from a war zone. And most of those are murdered with hand guns. Yet not a peep from the left. WHY?
St. Louis is worse....why does no one talk about St. Louis?
I envision a day when highways have high walls on each side as they pass urban areas. Even to go further, new highways built or highways moved from dangerous areas.

I’m discussing homicide, not hunting, Large capacity magazines have no place in hunting,

Who are you to say that? It doesn't matter if I have a 30 round mag or 6. Thats none of your business.
Your deer wait around for you to unload 30 do they?

I don't use a 30 round mag for deer. I'd never get a second shot off if I missed.
Yes, no place in hunting for large capacity magazines.

Yes, there is a place. They're great for killing 5-10 wild hogs in one setting.
Night scope and a Springfield Scout. Now that is some kind of fun.

I'm not surprised it goes over your head. The AR-15 has been the choice of a number of shooters who want to kill a large number of people, It is a military weapon that causes much more damage to the human body than a handgun. There is no reason for a civilian to have one.

What makes the AR-15 style rifle the weapon of choice for mass shooters?

I'm not surprised it goes over your head. The AR-15 has been the choice of a number of shooters who want to kill a large number of people, It is a military weapon that causes much more damage to the human body than a handgun. There is no reason for a civilian to have one.

What makes the AR-15 style rifle the weapon of choice for mass shooters?
Reading comprehension fails you yet again.

I'm not surprised it goes over your head. The AR-15 has been the choice of a number of shooters who want to kill a large number of people,
And yet, most mass shootings are committed with - and most people murdered in a mass shooting are killed with - handguns.
It is a military weapon....
...that no military, past or present - issues to its personnel...
....that causes much more damage to the human body than a handgun
... just like every other center-fire round in the world.
.There is no reason for a civilian to have one.
There are dozens of traditionally legal purposes for which a firearm such as the AR15, et al, is well suited.

Thus, your mindlessly regurgitated talking points hold no water.

It is a military weapon

You say it goes over my head then post that???

They dropped ar15 production to FOCUS on military weapons. Hence the ar15 is not a military weapon.

I think it's funny that people like you freak out because it looks like a military weapon

Bullshit, from your link:

"The fact of the matter is that over the last few years, the market for modern sporting rifles has experienced significant excess manufacturing capacity," Colt Defense LLC president and CEO Dennis Veilleux said in a statement Thursday. "Given this level of manufacturing capacity, we believe there is adequate supply for modern sporting rifles for the foreseeable future."

The fact is Colt says there is a glut of supply and no public pressure effected their decision. It was purely a marketing decision, if the supply weakens they will resume production.

It is a military weapon

You say it goes over my head then post that???

They dropped ar15 production to FOCUS on military weapons. Hence the ar15 is not a military weapon.

I think it's funny that people like you freak out because it looks like a military weapon

Colt is getting out of civilian grade AR's because of market saturation.

Their intent is to focus on MILITARY GRADE AR's...

read your article - sheesh.

Forum List

Back