Colt stops production of long guns

There is 23 companies making a version of the AR15, with a similar name since Colt's patent ended in 1977. Now Colt's trademark on the name AR15 is still in force, so yes no more AR15's will be sold to the public in the near term. There is also literally dozens of companies making components for the AR15 platform and most of these parts are interchangeable for one manufacture to the other.

There is 10 companies that sell more to the public than Colt.

It is a military weapon

You say it goes over my head then post that???

They dropped ar15 production to FOCUS on military weapons. Hence the ar15 is not a military weapon.

I think it's funny that people like you freak out because it looks like a military weapon

Colt is getting out of civilian grade AR's because of market saturation.

Their intent is to focus on MILITARY GRADE AR's...

read your article - sheesh.
Thus, civilian ARs are not military grade.

So, knock of the "weapons of war" and "military weapons" bullshit.

It is a military weapon

They dropped ar15 production to FOCUS on military weapons. Hence the ar15 is not a military weapon.

I think it's funny that people like you freak out because it looks like a military weapon

and open wheel Indy cars arent stretch limo's -

yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Colt Suspends Manufacture Of Controversial AR-15 For Civilian Market

Makes no sense to me. More people are murdered with handguns but the scary AR 15 is eliminated?
Our worst mass shootings have been done with ar type rifles.
Irrelevant. Have more people been murdered by handguns or long rifles?

Murders in Chicago are so high that when you hear the news it sounds like a casualty report from a war zone. And most of those are murdered with hand guns. Yet not a peep from the left. WHY?
Completely relevant. One shooter should not be able to kill 50+ people really quickly in one shooting. Why do you think bombs are illegal?
The gun isn't the reason. The killer is. And you can shoot as many people with a handgun as you can with a long rifle. In fact a handgun theoretically is more dangerous because it can be easily concealed.....yet the focus is on long guns that fire rounds at the same rate handguns do.

So why do shooters use an assault rifle for mass shootings??

Do they?

mass shooters.jpg

Tell the class how many of these used them.

Our worst mass shootings have been done with ar type rifles.

Murders in Chicago are so high that when you hear the news it sounds like a casualty report from a war zone. And most of those are murdered with hand guns. Yet not a peep from the left. WHY?
Completely relevant. One shooter should not be able to kill 50+ people really quickly in one shooting. Why do you think bombs are illegal?
The gun isn't the reason. The killer is. And you can shoot as many people with a handgun as you can with a long rifle. In fact a handgun theoretically is more dangerous because it can be easily concealed.....yet the focus is on long guns that fire rounds at the same rate handguns do.

Do they?
View attachment 280248
Of 98 shooters, I count 19 white men. 19.4%

It is a military weapon

They are not. How is that relevant, you twat?

We have a big gun problem.

No, we have a BIG cultural problem. Sadly the left is too much of a coward to address this problem.
Yes we have a gun culture problem.

Countries with strong gun control have homicide rates a fraction of ours and rarely have mass shootings.
It's not a gun culture issue. It is a breakdown of society issue. There are just as many guns in the suburbs but all the violence is in the inner city's. See if you can figure it out
And we have mass shootings everywhere. Again, any mass shootings are rare with strong gun control. Other countries have gangs and crime, they are just not as well armed.

So what's your plan to disarm American gangs?

Colt Suspends Manufacture Of Controversial AR-15 For Civilian Market

Makes no sense to me. More people are murdered with handguns but the scary AR 15 is eliminated?
does anyone read this article?

colt is going to stop because they feel there are too many people out there making AR15's. couple this with their financial issues, they said they are going to focus on military / police weapons, not a consumer rifle.

so - in colts eyes, the AR15 is NOT a police/military weapon the left says it is.
I read it. Sounded like spin to me. Profit is profit regardless of who you sell to.

I get it.
The Colt AR is far more expensive than the majority of AR manufacturers.
You can still get that quality through several other manufactures as well.
I think with the dwindling market share it makes sense.

Because they look cool. The gun is no more deadly than any other semi auto weapon. The only difference is looks
You have sure been fooled by the gun lobby. They shoot rifle rounds which are more likely to kill. They have large capacity magazines. Rifles are easier to fire faster. Police are often outgunned by these rifles.

All rifles don't fire faster than some handguns. That's more liberal myth.

And its easier to shoot rounds with a assault rifle, instead of a handgun.

Would a .223 be a good rifle for deer hunting? Lets say you have a 300-400 yard shot.
Large capacity magazines have no place in hunting.

Bullshit, they're great for hunting wild hogs.

It is a military weapon

the only relevant issue is your stupidity.

Yeah, so you are completely wrong? That's what I thought.

You have sure been fooled by the gun lobby. They shoot rifle rounds which are more likely to kill. They have large capacity magazines. Rifles are easier to fire faster. Police are often outgunned by these rifles.

Would a .223 be a good rifle for deer hunting? Lets say you have a 300-400 yard shot.

killing hogs - hunting ? hard to call shooting hogs out of helicoptors or at night "hunting"

Yeah, so you are completely wrong? That's what I thought.

Colt makes two versions - they are discontinuing one and will continue to make the other.

you figure it out dumbass ....

Do they?
View attachment 280248
Of 98 shooters, I count 19 white men. 19.4%

The question was, how many used utility rifles?

killing hogs - hunting ? hard to call shooting hogs out of helicoptors or at night "hunting"

It's called exterminating. Who cares about hunting these pests. I'd bomb them if I could.

Forum List

Back