Come on Republicans........Don’t you think it is time to Impeach?

You know that if any President deserves it....Trump does

He launched an insurrection against the US Congress. People died needlessly because of it.

But we know you still fear Trump. What if he sends a nasty Twitter against me?
But is there ever a better time than now to get rid of your “Trump Problem”?

He has already lost the election, he has disgraced your party, he has disgraced the country. Impeach him NOW and he will never run for President again. Impeachment will politically neutralize him. Impeachment ends Trumps control of the party once and for all.

But face the real reason to impeach
It is the right thing to do
Don’t you think it is time to Impeach?

No, why do you ask? He's leaving in a few days, you want to spend millions of taxpayers hard earned money for what?

What an idiotic waste of bandwidth with this thread
i
Impeachment puts a final stamp of disapproval on the Trump Presidency

It also puts an end to any dreams he has of running again in 2024
It certainly isn't worth the cost to taxpayers to let you have your wet dream, dude.

It is well worth the cost to hold a President responsible for an attack on Congress.

Allowing him to slink away in ten days legitimizes what he did
Let's not ignore the fact that similar cretins are planning a similar attack on democracy Jan 19 and 20

He launched an insurrection against the US Congress. People died needlessly because of it.

He has already lost the election, he has disgraced your party, he has disgraced the country. Impeach him NOW and he will never run for President again. Impeachment will politically neutralize him. Impeachment ends Trumps control of the party once and for all.

No, why do you ask? He's leaving in a few days, you want to spend millions of taxpayers hard earned money for what?

i

It certainly isn't worth the cost to taxpayers to let you have your wet dream, dude.

It is well worth the cost to hold a President responsible for an attack on Congress.

Let's not ignore the fact that similar cretins are planning a similar attack on democracy Jan 19 and 20
Anti-Fa let you in on their plans? Tell us more.

In 2020, Democrats launched an insurrection against the American people, causing riots, which people died needlessly because of it.
Stop comparing BLM to what happened in the Capitol.

BLM was not right vs left. It was minority communities reacting to their perceived persecution by law enforcement after the unnecessary death of a black man.

The Capitol riot was a political riot perpetrated by a political party and political supporters for the benefit of their politician to affect by force the outcome of a political process.

These are not even remotely the same.
Yes they are you idiot. By YOUR definition this was a peaceful protest. You don’t get to run away from YOUR sides bullshit because you can’t defend it. These people did not murder, loot, or destroy property like YOU people did. So no, they aren’t the same. These protesters were right. You people were criminals.

Murder.
US Capitol Police officer dead following injuries suffered during riot | Fox News

Loot.
Laptop stolen from Pelosi's office during Capitol riots | TheHill

Destroy.
Curators Scour Capitol for Damage to the Building or Its Art - The New York Times (nytimes.com)
You are pathetic. Comparing YOUR sides millions of dollars in theft and destruction with a broken window and an alleged stolen laptop. Sorry idiot. You still lose. Peaceful protest.

Seems to me one violent riot in congress is not as bad as millions forced out of work and small businesses forcibly shut down.
Jobs will return. Businesses will reopen.

Our democracy is irreplaceable.
Our democracy on the other hand is also fragile.

It depends on the good will of the majority of our citizens.

And given the events unfolding...yea..be careful.

In 2020, Democrats launched an insurrection against the American people, causing riots, which people died needlessly because of it.

BLM was not right vs left. It was minority communities reacting to their perceived persecution by law enforcement after the unnecessary death of a black man.

The Capitol riot was a political riot perpetrated by a political party and political supporters for the benefit of their politician to affect by force the outcome of a political process.

Yes they are you idiot. By YOUR definition this was a peaceful protest. You don’t get to run away from YOUR sides bullshit because you can’t defend it. These people did not murder, loot, or destroy property like YOU people did. So no, they aren’t the same. These protesters were right. You people were criminals.

Murder.
US Capitol Police officer dead following injuries suffered during riot | Fox News

Loot.

Destroy.
Curators Scour Capitol for Damage to the Building or Its Art - The New York Times (nytimes.com)
You are pathetic. Comparing YOUR sides millions of dollars in theft and destruction with a broken window and an alleged stolen laptop. Sorry idiot. You still lose. Peaceful protest.
My side? I'm a Democrat. You're side is fascists.

Murder.

Loot.

Destroy.
My side? I'm a Democrat. You're side is fascists.
Repblicans are not facists

the closest we have to fascists is ANTIFA

I will say it as I said it in my other thread do a censure and let ride this out until January 20th 2021and why?

His base will revolt and many innocent people will die and is it worth it?

So censure please!
If you impeach he cannot hold public office again.

He was impeached last year and ran again this year, that blows your claim that if he is impeached he can't hold office.
Not just impeached, also convicted in the Senate. Can't run again, if convicted, I believe the rule is. Huh. Maybe he could RUN again, but not take office ever again. It's something like that, anyway.

I can't see that as a good reason to impeach and get everyone all upset. He IS showing ---------- let's say, some wear and tear -------- and he'll be four years older in four years. I'd say, take the chance, let it go.

He still could run again, that would be a separate vote after the conviction.

Are you stupid? What point is there in trying to impeach a guy who is gonna leave office in 11 days?

There is a real chance this time that will get 17 Republicans to convict him.

I will say it as I said it in my other thread do a censure and let ride this out until January 20th 2021and why?

So censure please!

He was impeached last year and ran again this year, that blows your claim that if he is impeached he can't hold office.
Not just impeached, also convicted in the Senate. Can't run again, if convicted, I believe the rule is. Huh. Maybe he could RUN again, but not take office ever again. It's something like that, anyway.

I can't see that as a good reason to impeach and get everyone all upset. He IS showing ---------- let's say, some wear and tear -------- and he'll be four years older in four years. I'd say, take the chance, let it go.

They can do the vote right after the conviction. The great thing is that vote only requires a simple majority!

Ain't gonna happen and I'm not sure why everyone's wasting their time on talking about the 25th and impeachment. There's no stomach on the Republican side to do anything about this man. He cucked them. All of them. Talk to Pence, talk to the rest of the cabinet, talk to the White House council. Take away his toys, lock his social media accounts if he utters one more word about a stolen election, make sure the military leaders don't let him start a war. He's done at noon on the 20th. Let him sit there and stew in his utter shame and embarrassment. The more hours that go by, the more of his soft core supporters drain away.

The worst he can do right now is pardon people. While it's distasteful, he cannot blanket pardon. And he cannot pardon himself. The SC has already ruled that even a President isn't above the law. I'm sure there is a shitload of legal action coming down the pipe for him. Even more than there was before Wednesday. Let him leave and let the legal system handle him.

Sure it can happen. Trump does not even have to be in office when it happens. I'm sure there are at least 17 Republicans in the Senate who don't want Trump to be the nominee in 2024, and this insures he will NEVER be the nominee for the Republican party ever again.

At this point, impeachment would be stupid. The hearings and trial wouldn't be completed in the next 12 days, when his removal occurs anyway. He stands no chance of ever being elected in the future.

I don't believe Trump "launched an insurrection". Making that accusation is nothing but an emotional outburst.

I don't think Trump envisioned such a scenario playing out at the Capitol. His comments, I believe, were largely rhetorical, and any response to this needs to keep that in mind...

Trump does not have to be in office to be impeached, and they can disqualify him from ever holding elected office again.

No, certainly not for president: I looked it up today.

Which wasn't hard --- it's all over the Interweb. After being convicted in an impeachment, the convicted person cannot run again.

Trump does not have to be in office to be impeached, and they can disqualify him from ever holding elected office again.

There is something going on about that --- continuing impeachment after he leaves office. I've heard mention of it twice today. I haven't got any sort of clear idea what they are getting at, and I don't believe it, either.

i

Couple machine guns mowing down a few hundred scum should stop the traitors

So censure please!

They can do the vote right after the conviction. The great thing is that vote only requires a simple majority!
Thanks for telling me what I already knew, I didn’t need your approval.

No, certainly not for president: I looked it up today.

Which wasn't hard --- it's all over the Interweb. After being convicted in an impeachment, the convicted person cannot run again.

It isn’t automatic, it’s a two vote process, one to convict with a 2/3rds majority and then not allowing to hold office again it is a simple majority vote.

FTA: Senate rules provide that such a ban may be enacted by a simple majority vote after two-thirds of the Senate has voted for conviction in an impeachment trial. It has never happened to a president before because none has been convicted. But is is clearly a penalty severable from the primary sanction of removal from office.

Ain't gonna happen and I'm not sure why everyone's wasting their time on talking about the 25th and impeachment. There's no stomach on the Republican side to do anything about this man. He cucked them. All of them. Talk to Pence, talk to the rest of the cabinet, talk to the White House council. Take away his toys, lock his social media accounts if he utters one more word about a stolen election, make sure the military leaders don't let him start a war. He's done at noon on the 20th. Let him sit there and stew in his utter shame and embarrassment. The more hours that go by, the more of his soft core supporters drain away.

The worst he can do right now is pardon people. While it's distasteful, he cannot blanket pardon. And he cannot pardon himself. The SC has already ruled that even a President isn't above the law. I'm sure there is a shitload of legal action coming down the pipe for him. Even more than there was before Wednesday. Let him leave and let the legal system handle him.

Sure it can happen. Trump does not even have to be in office when it happens. I'm sure there are at least 17 Republicans in the Senate who don't want Trump to be the nominee in 2024, and this insures he will NEVER be the nominee for the Republican party ever again.

That's neither here nor there. Even if Donald J. Trump were disqualified, Trump would just ask Mrs. Trump to run as a proxy. I can't see anyone primarying Melania in 2024.

Forum List

Back