🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Comey testifies before congress on Russia investigation

Follow Peter Daou ✔ @peterdaou 7. Hillary Clinton would likely be POTUS had voters known Trump's campaign was being investigated for possibly treasonous #Russia ties. pic.twitter.com/9RO4Srbvpp
. Hinesight 20/20 eh ?.... LOL... Another dreamer
:boohoo:

Putting all the blame on Comey is idiotic and partisan. Get a clue.

I can't imagine you're accused of being the smartest guy in the room all too often.

Trump has absolutely nothing to do with this discussion. Clinton broke the law before Trump won the election. Comey completed his investigation before Trump won the election. Comey was an abject failure at performing his duties before Trump won the election.

This has absolutely nothing to do with Trump beyond the Obama's and the AG's desire to do everything in their power to see that he was defeated in the general election.

She should've been charged and given the opportunity to defend herself. If she'd done nothing wrong, like she says, chances are she could've won the election (after she got done torpedoing Sanders, that is).

As for being partisan, Comey was a registered Republican well into 2016, and then became an independent.

Partisanship isn't a factor here. Doing what's right as opposed to doing what's wrong is the predominant factor here, and Comey failed to do that...
. Upon what happened in the election, I don't trust Comey. He seems highly unstable to me. Very politically motivated, and he gets caught in the tossing of the waves easily. I wonder if he's got a huge ego, and is on some sort of power Trip ?
Then the President should fire and replace him. IMHO, he's doing his duty and seems to have the support of Congress even though, at times, he's either pissed off the far Left or the far Right.
. Who is Comey's boss right now, I mean since the AG has recused himself or is the AG his boss at all or does he have a boss besides the President if even he is the boss of Comey ? Is Congress Comey's boss ? Who does he answer to right now ?

As part of the Executive branch he typically answers to the AG but could also just as easily answer to the president.

Putting all the blame on Comey is idiotic and partisan. Get a clue.

I can't imagine you're accused of being the smartest guy in the room all too often.

Trump has absolutely nothing to do with this discussion. Clinton broke the law before Trump won the election. Comey completed his investigation before Trump won the election. Comey was an abject failure at performing his duties before Trump won the election.

This has absolutely nothing to do with Trump beyond the Obama's and the AG's desire to do everything in their power to see that he was defeated in the general election.

She should've been charged and given the opportunity to defend herself. If she'd done nothing wrong, like she says, chances are she could've won the election (after she got done torpedoing Sanders, that is).

As for being partisan, Comey was a registered Republican well into 2016, and then became an independent.

Partisanship isn't a factor here. Doing what's right as opposed to doing what's wrong is the predominant factor here, and Comey failed to do that...
. Upon what happened in the election, I don't trust Comey. He seems highly unstable to me. Very politically motivated, and he gets caught in the tossing of the waves easily. I wonder if he's got a huge ego, and is on some sort of power Trip ?
Then the President should fire and replace him. IMHO, he's doing his duty and seems to have the support of Congress even though, at times, he's either pissed off the far Left or the far Right.
. Who is Comey's boss right now, I mean since the AG has recused himself or is the AG his boss at all or does he have a boss besides the President if even he is the boss of Comey ? Is Congress Comey's boss ? Who does he answer to right now ?
Still reports to the AG and, on certain issues, the director of the NSA. As we saw yesterday, Congress can compel both to report to them.

Congressional hearings are only when manure hits the fan, an exception rather than the rule. Congress can have anyone including the pres. report to them etc. etc.

Correct. With a comment that Director Comey's boss, President Trump, "has absolutely nothing to do with this discussion", clearly you are not the brightest bulb on the family tree much less the smartest guy in the room.

Lemme' set ya' straight, there, Dumbass: He has absolutely nothing to do with this discussion because Clinton should've been charged last year, long before the election.

Comey failed to properly execute the duties required by his position...

The fact remains if there was enough evidence for a conviction, then both the current President and the current AG are part of the problem. If there is not enough evidence, then it's understandable why those charges are not being made.

What's understandable is that, while Hillary was being investigated, Loretta Lynch was having a private meeting with Bill on the tarmac in Phoenix. Everyone understands that meeting happened. Remember, at that time, no one thought Trump had a prayer of winning. Clinton was your presumptive Queen-to-be. Bill was likely relaying to Lynch the perks and "appreciation" she would receive if charges were not forthcoming.

Only an idiot would try to argue that the blame for Comey's inaction doesn't rest directly on the collective shoulders of Obama, Comey. Clinton and Lynch...

I agree with x 2 caveats...
- historically there is a generally adhered to, unwritten code of sorts that a presidential victor doesn't prosecute their opponent (ie. their AG)
- I believe that Clinton e-mail gate is still being investigated, not focused on her necessarily but on the breakdown that led up to and facilitated the violations ongoing. I believe that it was in the news not too long ago about Sessions pursing some facet of this.

I agree with x 2 caveats...
- historically there is a generally adhered to, unwritten code of sorts that a presidential victor doesn't prosecute their opponent (ie. their AG)

There's no such thing.

When, in the past, did a Presidential victor even have the opportunity or circumstances to prosecute their opponent?

- I believe that Clinton e-mail gate is still being investigated, not focused on her necessarily but on the breakdown that led up to and facilitated the violations ongoing. I believe that it was in the news not too long ago about Sessions pursing some facet of this.

And those who committed those violations (we already know Clinton is one of those people) charges should have charges filed and prosecutions made against them. To not do that is to take a piss on our rule of law...

Tis a matter of perception, hens the "unwritten" part. It would not do Trump any favors to have Sessions pursue her even though that is exactly what should be done. Remember how he publicly acknowledged her on inauguration day saying what a wonderful, hardworking, great person she was, making the rest of the room stand for her... Disgusting but that is the "unwritten" protocol like it or not, acknowledge it or not...

Sessions investigating circumstances around e-mail gate ie. others and not seeking her for prosecution... Absolutely wrong and untoward but such is politics at the highest level where there are those not fettered by the inconvenience of laws written for the rest of us plebeians.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back