Committee Votes To Release Trumps' Taxes 24-16. Tell Me Why ThisI isn't Partisan Bullsh#T

I think they just voted to release the tax returns to the public. I don't know about any redactions. My guess is that even if they are there, there will be some leaks, some slip-ups, some oversights, exposing some sensitive information further harming Trump. Oops.

That is a rather profound truth. Kind of a corollary to many in the government's view that just because something is ILLEGAL doesn't mean you SHOULDN'T do it-- so long as you never get caught. :smoke:

Yes, and voluntary.

Same as the 8/8 raid on Trump's house-- -- if you really think you've got the goods on an ex-president so heinous as to justify the need to raid his home or force the public airing of years and years of his tax returns despite no legal compunction, then fine so long as you can justify it, and to date, NOTHING has been produced to justify anything, because if it were, then why haven't charges been filed against Trump?

But then, after the two impeachments: one over a phone call asking if Biden had been involved in dirt in Ukraine and following OLC counsel in not turning over unsubpoenaed documents to uphold the separation of powers between coequal branches, and the other stupidly a week before leaving office anyway over a party's displeasure and personal feelings that Trump was somehow responsible for a few hundred irate voters enticed to break into the Capitol when the Capitol was unprepared to fully stop it, nothing surprises me anymore.

Who knows, Trump might end up being the guiltiest man in the world, but if he is, it shouldn't take sham investigations flouting the law to prove it as a country is only as sound as its willingness to adhere to its OWN LAWS.

Yeah, I'm gonna go with the 3 judge appellant court, the full appellant court, the Supreme Court and the Ways and Means Committee on this.

Nope. Your entire argument now is nothing more than ignoring the appellant court that dismantled your entire pseudo-legal argument, word for word.

Again, good luck with that.
No....that's not it.
I didn't say that congress didn't have access.....I just know they'll abuse that right.
One thing I can be certain of is that I know these evil fucks like I know myself.
They already broke the law and are trying to make the fact that they broke the law appear legal.
The IRS had already turned all of that stuff over to them even before they started making public their intentions.
They probably did it illegally before Trump left office.....which means any legitimacy they might have had is bogus.

No....that's not it.
I didn't say that congress didn't have access.....I just know they'll abuse that right.
One thing I can be certain of is that I know these evil fucks like I know myself.
They already broke the law and are trying to make the fact that they broke the law appear legal.
The IRS had already turned all of that stuff over to them even before they started making public their intentions.
They probably did it illegally before Trump left office.

Yes, it is. You have nothing left but to ignore the appellant court and insist you know better.

The Trump Parties insist that the Request imposes too great a burden because it threatens to expose private financial information of the Trump Parties and will deny the Trump Parties their due process rights by interfering with an ongoing audit. These certainly are burdens on the Trump Parties. As discussed above, should the Committee find it necessary, it is possible that the information turned over to the Chairman might be made public. This is certainly inconvenient, but not to the extent that it represents an unconstitutional burden violating the separation of powers. Congressional investigations sometimes expose the private information of the entities, organizations, and individuals that they investigate. This does not make them overly burdensome. It is the nature of the investigative and legislative processes.

That you disagree is legally meaningless. You're nobody.

Due process has been served. Trump lost in his legal challenges.

Yes, it is. You have nothing left but to ignore the appellant court and insist you know better.

The Trump Parties insist that the Request imposes too great a burden because it threatens to expose private financial information of the Trump Parties and will deny the Trump Parties their due process rights by interfering with an ongoing audit. These certainly are burdens on the Trump Parties. As discussed above, should the Committee find it necessary, it is possible that the information turned over to the Chairman might be made public. This is certainly inconvenient, but not to the extent that it represents an unconstitutional burden violating the separation of powers. Congressional investigations sometimes expose the private information of the entities, organizations, and individuals that they investigate. This does not make them overly burdensome. It is the nature of the investigative and legislative processes.

That you disagree is legally meaningless. You're nobody.

Due process has been served. Trump lost in his legal challenges.
Dude....STFU.
I'm not ignoring the decision.
The fact is Trump never had a leg to stand on legally.
But he took the step to fight it as a delay tactic.
The fact still remains....that if they purposely release his returns to the public....it was their only purpose and it will nullify the appellant court's decision. They will have shown they had no legitimate legislative purpose other than to smear Trump rendering their right to that information null and void.

Dude....STFU.
I'm not ignoring the decision.
The fact is Trump never had a leg to stand on legally.
But he took the step to fight it as a delay tactic.
The fact still remains....that if they purposely release his returns to the public....it was their only purpose and it will nullify the appellant court's decision. They will have shown they had no legitimate legislative purpose other than to smear Trump rendering their right to that information null and void.

You lost. You don't have the character to just admit that the appellant court dismanted your entire silly argument, word for word.

Your entire argument is ignoring the appellant court, ignoring the supreme court, and ignoring the ways and means committee......insisting you know better then all of them.

No one is being arrested or charged with any crime because you're butthurt about losing a debate.

You folks know, I am not a Trump supporter, not a party member and have stated my Independent status many times. That said, what is this action other than partisan bullsh#t? While quite aware, it has become tradition for a candidate before an election, but this crap is about him not doing it before the 2016 election and whether I liked or you liked it or not, he was elected, anyway. That was then. This is now. I am aware, the Supreme Court the Supreme Court ordered that he release the information to Congressional scrutiny. I am good with that, but they never said release it to the public, that I am aware of. This is just a spitefull, partisan action and I tend to think, public release at this point is an undue release, an invasion of privacy (even if he's an asshole) and possibly illegal. My representative is on that committee and voted against. Barring him not doing something stupid (which he doesn't have much history of) I shall vote for him again, next time he runs.

It is their job to investigate the actions of the head of the Executive Branch, and tell the public of their findings. These are some of those findings.

One could argue that his tax returns from before he was elected aren't relevant, but if, for example, he hid information from the public with the intent to deceive, that certainly qualifies, I think, as a pressing concern.

That's just one instance off the top of my head. I'm positive that a room full of lawyers and politicians can show plenty of cause to whomever asks.

It is their job to investigate the actions of the head of the Executive Branch, and tell the public of their findings. These are some of those findings.

One could argue that his tax returns from before he was elected aren't relevant, but if, for example, he hid information from the public with the intent to deceive, that certainly qualifies, I think, as a pressing concern.

That's just one instance off the top of my head. I'm positive that a room full of lawyers and politicians can show plenty of cause to whomever asks.

The specific argument that the Ways and Means Committee made was that they were investigating if the IRS accurately applied its audit rules for Presidents. The 3 judge appellant court found this to be a legitimate legislative process and authorized the Ways and Means Committee to access Trump's tax returns.

• Thanks
Reactions: cnm
You lost. You don't have the character to just admit that the appellant court dismanted your entire silly argument, word for word.

Your entire argument is ignoring the appellant court, ignoring the supreme court, and ignoring the ways and means committee......insisting you know better then all of them.

No one is being arrested or charged with any crime because you're butthurt about losing a debate.
Nah....congress doesn't have to right to do what they're planning to do.

I'm not ignoring anything.
You're ignoring everything but the fact that congressional committees have a right to use his returns in an investigation.
You're ignoring the fact that they have been in possession of those documents already and have already conducted an investigation and plotted out a false scenario in advance of the decision. Any release of information will prove they've had them for a very long time.
You're ignoring these facts because you think that a few words gives them the right to destroy Trump's reputation so he can't run against Biden in the next election.
You're ignoring the fact that Trump didn't do anything illegal and his returns will show that he filed them properly.

Last edited:

And you have proof that he hid things from the public....other than his own tax returns?

Are you one of those idiot Democrat voters that can't name one single crime Trump supposedly has committed, yet want him arrested anyway?

Nah....congress doesn't have to right to do what they're planning to do.

I'm not ignoring anything.
You're ignoring everything but the fact that congressional committees have a right to use his returns in an investigation.
You're ignoring the fact that they have been in possession of those documents already and have already conducted an investigation and plotted out a false scenario in advance of the decision. Any release of information will prove they've had them for a very long time.
You're ignoring these facts because you think that a few words gives them the right to destroy Trump's reputation so he can't run against Biden in the next election.
You're ignoring the fact that Trump didn't do anything illegal and his returns will show that he filed the properly.

Says you, citing you. And you're nobody.

The Ways and Means Committee and Appellant Court say otherwise. The Supreme Court upheld that ruling without a single dissent.

Ignore as you wish. Your ignorance is gloriously irrelevant to any legal outcome.

Says you, citing you. And you're nobody.

The Ways and Means Committee and Appellant Court say otherwise. The Supreme Court upheld that ruling without a single dissent.

Ignore as you wish. Your ignorance is gloriously irrelevant to any legal outcome.
Again...I'm talking about apples and you keep talking about oranges.

Just because you think you're right doesn't mean we have to go along with it and not point out the flaws in your 2 dimensional argument.

Again...I'm talking about apples and you keep talking about oranges.

Just because you think you're right doesn't mean we have to go along with it and not point out the flaws in your 2 dimensional argument.

Again, you're talking about your subjective pseudo-legal opinions about what the law is supposed to mean. Citing yourself, of course.

And your personal opinions have zero legal relevance. No one is being arrested or charged with any crime because you have an opinion. You're quite literally irrelevant to this entire process.

Back in reality, the Ways and Means Committee findings on the legislative processes authorizing their access to Trump's tax returns are immediately and legally relevant. As affirmed by the 3 judge panel that sided with the committee on that authority. With the full appellant court upholding that ruling. And the Supreme Court upholding that ruling, without dissent.

Its not all of them that are wrong. Its just you.

I was referring to the 2020 stolen election. I know here are several so it can get confusing.

Oh that fantasy. Yeah, you've had years to back that up. And have failed spectacularly.

I believe your record in court was on of perfect failure. Like most conspiracies, it works best when not subject to standards of evidence.

That's if one takes the assumption the IRS does its job. I'm not going to assume that.

Just how the fuck do you think the IRS is going to overlook something in the tax returns of a multi-billionaire who was President for four years? An IRS that has audited him every year for the last 10 years, and has just hired 87,000 more agents?

Get the fuck out of here with that shit.

Yeah well it looks like he caught a break while being president. He was suppose to be audited annually as the president. Previous president were audited annually while they were president. Trump had only one audit in 2016 that was not even completed according to the investigation. 2 of his business were suppose to be audited but were not Things that make you go hmmmmm.

IRS failed to do their job under the Trump administration. Sounds like an investigation needs to be done

CNBC reports that the investigation found that when Trump was in the White House, the IRS failed to designate for mandatory audit Trump’s tax return for 2015, when he was running for president, and then again for the returns filed for the 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020 tax years.

So according to the investigation he really is not the most audited person

Congress is still not going to find anything the IRS doesn't already know.

Just release them and this all goes away. Why do wealthy people fight this? What do they all want to hide?

The entire Burisma conspiracy can be dismantled in 7 words? 8?

"Vice Presidents can't cut funding to anything."
Doubtful that any vice president could do something like that without knowledge and support of the president.

You folks know, I am not a Trump supporter, not a party member and have stated my Independent status many times. That said, what is this action other than partisan bullsh#t? While quite aware, it has become tradition for a candidate before an election, but this crap is about him not doing it before the 2016 election and whether I liked or you liked it or not, he was elected, anyway. That was then. This is now. I am aware, the Supreme Court the Supreme Court ordered that he release the information to Congressional scrutiny. I am good with that, but they never said release it to the public, that I am aware of. This is just a spitefull, partisan action and I tend to think, public release at this point is an undue release, an invasion of privacy (even if he's an asshole) and possibly illegal. My representative is on that committee and voted against. Barring him not doing something stupid (which he doesn't have much history of) I shall vote for him again, next time he runs.

Except he wasn't elected, he was selected. The people said "No". They've been saying NO loudly ever since, handing the GOP their asses in 2018, 2020 and now 2022.

Frankly, Candidates for office should be REQUIRED to release their tax returns. This shouldn't even be a debate.

What they are doing is beyond stupid and the fallout from it is on them!

They open these Pandora Boxes and when it bite them in the ass they complain!

Trump tax returns are not required by law to be released to the public and the USSC will have to make a ruling because you damn well know Trump lawyers are already going to try to stop this release!
Everyone else who has run for President since 1976 has released his tax records.

The only reason why Trump doesn't want to release his is because they'll show he's not as rich or successful as he's been telling everyone for the last 30 years.

Everyone else who has run for President since 1976 has released his tax records.

The only reason why Trump doesn't want to release his is because they'll show he's not as rich or successful as he's been telling everyone for the last 30 years.

IT does not matter why he choose not to, this committee has no right and no authority to release his personal information to the whole fucking world.

Forum List

Back