Common sense question.... How many hours do most long distance truck drivers drive per day?

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
Now some of you might ask "So WHAT"??? But once again given the truly lack of common sense that the "one size fits all" community exhibits is the major reason truck drivers are protesting in Canada and will be blocking "supply chain" in the USA!

How many hours can a truck driver drive?
In summary, a truck driver can drive 11 hours before needing to take a 10-hour break, while also complying with time logging requirements and following several other Hours of Service rules. All are described below, including changes taking effect Sept. 29, 2020.

So how many interactions with people occur in those 11 hours?

Where is the "following the science" mentality?

Now some of you might ask "So WHAT"??? But once again given the truly lack of common sense that the "one size fits all" community exhibits is the major reason truck drivers are protesting in Canada and will be blocking "supply chain" in the USA!

How many hours can a truck driver drive?
In summary, a truck driver can drive 11 hours before needing to take a 10-hour break, while also complying with time logging requirements and following several other Hours of Service rules. All are described below, including changes taking effect Sept. 29, 2020.

So how many interactions with people occur in those 11 hours?

Where is the "following the science" mentality?
Truck drivers are the best everyday drivers in the world because their training makes them think safety, precision driving whether at maximum or minimum weight, and they're really out there to avoid accidents and show good sportsmanship in keeping with their training.

Truck drivers are the best everyday drivers in the world because their training makes them think safety, precision driving whether at maximum or minimum weight, and they're really out there to avoid accidents and show good sportsmanship in keeping with their training.
I agree 100%! They are for the most parties very professional, i.e. trying to complete their tasks as well as possible!

My eldest son drives a truck but not long haul anymore so he works an eight hour shift.

He drives the night shift so he doesn't meet very many people.
Well, I as many really appreciate your son's job! People like him are so important in our supply chain and I
just am disappointed that authorities think one size fits all, i.e. EVERYONE must wear a mask, i.e. like your son
who hardly meets many people. Thank him again for all of us!

Forum List

Back