Company With Ties To Trump Receives Millions From Small Business Loan Program

This is why we need independent oversight for these vast sums of money going out...100 million in sales and still a "small business"....?

While many small businesses have found it difficult or impossible to get one of the Small Business Administration's Paycheck Protection Program loans, a company owned by a prominent Chicago family with close ties to the Trump administration was able to get a $5.5 million loan under the program, according to documents the company filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on Monday.

U.S. Ambassador to Belgium Ronald Gidwitz, who was appointed in 2018, was then-candidate Donald Trump's campaign finance chair for Illinois in the 2016 presidential campaign. According to filings with the SEC, Gidwitz's family owns the majority of Continental Materials Corp., which secured the 1% interest loan.

Continental Materials makes heating and cooling equipment and construction products. While it had more than $100 million in sales last year, it qualified for the loan because it meets the Small Business Administration's industry-specific "small business" size standards, according to company chief financial officer Paul Ainsworth.

Still, the company's loan is much larger than the typical PPP loan, according to a summary releasedby the Small Business Administration last week. The average loan was just over $200,000, and fewer than 1% of the loans under the program were greater than $5 million.

While the company may qualify as a small business under the PPP program, there are many much smaller businesses that have been unsuccessful in obtaining or even applying for the loans from their banks.

Why aren't you complaining about Ruth's Cris?

They have over 6,000 employees, had over $400 million in sales last year, and they secured over $20,000,000 in small business relief.

Kinda' dwarfs the example you're whining about, doesn't it?

As for what smaller businesses haven't received any relief, I read an article this morning which talked about a guy named Damon West who'd been convicted of murder, sentenced to prison in 2009, got paroled in 2015 and turned his life around and became a motivational and key note speaker. He applied for the loan because he could no longer travel.

His criminal record precluded him from getting the loan.

A question on the application form asked whether, within the last 5 years, he had been convicted of or pleaded guilty or no contest to a felony or "been placed on any form of parole or probation." Another asked whether anyone who owns at least 20% of the company was incarcerated, under indictment, on probation or parole. If so, they are ineligible.

Criminal records shut small biz owners out of aid program

There could be any number of reasons someone is denied a loan. This is just one example...

and the policy from trump wasn't to simply separate any and all either was it? only those who are being arrested because they continue to come through illegally time and time and time again. now when arrested, should we arrest the kids too? saying trump simply separated families for giggles and shits isn't exactly an honest approach to what he was doing was it? if a family in montana gets busted for selling drugs and they have (2) kids; parents are going to jail. do we send the kids too so we don't break up the family?

you're not being "Honest" here yet you expect me to treat these statements as if they are. they are EMOTIONAL. i get that. i understand that. i get you hate trump. but that doesn't make this action wrong.

tell me then, what do you do when you arrest someone for continued actions that break our laws and satisfy the requirements of treating people who do this and keep the families together. stop bitching at trump and tell me what you would do? simply not arrest them and let them in the country? now that doesn't satisfy punishing people who break out laws, does it? simply inviting them into the country? what do you do here, coyote?

as for dishonest "right wing" claims - i have NEVER seen you get all upset about "dishonest left wing claims".

like trump putting kids in cages and showing pictures of it - yet that was from obama's time. where was your rage?

like having to photoshop a kid out because they couldn't find an example to keep it honest. i believe at the time you called it "representative photography" or some such. no - it was a bullshit lie and a photoshopped picture to create the illusion of their claim. this "general photo" crap for named events needs to stop. it's bullshit.

like AOC crying in front of a fence with no one on the other side.

putting a small fence in front of a child and taking the pic to make him look like he's in cages

the "left wing" does dishonest shit by the hour and i have yet to see you equally full of rage. you only seem to be upset when trump does something and have excuses when obama did it too.

so - my conclusion is you're mad at the person, not the activities. any activity you can make fit your hate.

My conclusion is this, and I will keep it short.

There are things Trump has done that are truly indefensible and to see people continually attempting to defend, create false equivalencies or deflect does seriously piss me off.

Why can’t you look at this one issue without doing that? Without deflecting to “but the left dies dishonest shit by the hour”? This isn’t dishonest shit. This is WRONG, and for God’s sakes, what has happened to our sense of right and wrong in this country?

Let’s seriously, honestly and without partisan bias look at these arguments, because I am being 100% honest when it comes to my view on this policy.

1. “and the policy from trump wasn't to simply separate any and all either was it?”

Yes, it was...from the moment the policy was conceived that was the purpose.

Attorney General Jeff Sessions said the U.S. will take a stricter stance on illegal crossings at the Mexico border by separating parents from children, rather than keeping them together in detention centers.

The new policy is being implemented with the goal of a 100% prosecution rate for all that enter the U.S. illegally, officials said. Charged adults will be sent directly to federal court. Children in turn will be sent to the Department of Health and Human Services’ Office of Refugee Resettlement, which works with shelters or relatives in the U.S.

This policy officially ran from April to June 2018, but continued unofficially until October 2019.

Facts:

More than 5,400 children were separated from their families at the border (at final count, after the administration lied about the numbers several times).

There was no provision or plan in place to reunite parents with their children. This, in my view is reprehensible.

Parents were promised deportation WITH their children if they signed over their rights to seek asylum. This did. not happen. Many were deported without their children, who remained behind in US detention. The government response was it wasn't their responsibility. Private entities have been seeking the parents and attempting to reunify them, but when you are talking remote villages in the Guatemalan mountains, it's a monumental task.

As of now, 3 years later, 150 children (who have not waived reunification rights) remain unreunited with their families. Of that number: 50 have parents who were deported, 70 have parents still in the US. Of the first group - 5 have parents who have not been found.

Now - with what you said:

1. if a family in montana gets busted for selling drugs and they have (2) kids; parents are going to jail. do we send the kids too so we don't break up the family?

That's a common response, but is it comparable? First off - while crossing the border illegally is a crime, seeking asylum is NOT. It's a legal right under our laws, and it makes no difference how they enter the country (there is nothing in the law that makes that distinction). Secondly - false moral equivalency (one of many in these arguments) - is this really comparable to selling drugs, or for that matter murder or robbery etc? Lastly - courts often consider family situations during the pre-trial period. Someone convicted of a minor drug charge who is the main caretaker of a child or dependent adult, is often granted some leniency prior to their court hearing. There is no automatic "zero tolerance" separation policy applied, it's taken in a case by case basis.

2. (dishonest leftwing claims) like trump putting kids in cages and showing pictures of it - yet that was from obama's time. where was your rage?

Actually - I did condemn it, it was a very dishonest attempt by the media who used a picture taken from when we had the huge influx of unaccompanied minors. I *think* you are trying to also make that situation comparable to the one under Trump. Under Obama, yes - kids were temporarily put into "cages" - these kids were unaccompanied minors, and the law was upheld - they were kept there less than 72 hours I believe. That has not been the case under the Trump administration who, in fact, has fought that court requirement for detention of children.

The question I have for you though is this: while these situations you mention are wrong, are they truly morally equivalent to what I outlined above? Answer honestly.

There are valid criticisms that are not just "emotional meltdowns over Trump" - and, as in the OP of this thread - the lack of good independent oversight for a bill giving out trillions of dollars is a HUGE deal, and it is a valid criticism and it is one area where the Democrats were dead on in insisting for.

Last edited:
This is why we need independent oversight for these vast sums of money going out...100 million in sales and still a "small business"....?

While many small businesses have found it difficult or impossible to get one of the Small Business Administration's Paycheck Protection Program loans, a company owned by a prominent Chicago family with close ties to the Trump administration was able to get a $5.5 million loan under the program, according to documents the company filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on Monday.

U.S. Ambassador to Belgium Ronald Gidwitz, who was appointed in 2018, was then-candidate Donald Trump's campaign finance chair for Illinois in the 2016 presidential campaign. According to filings with the SEC, Gidwitz's family owns the majority of Continental Materials Corp., which secured the 1% interest loan.

Continental Materials makes heating and cooling equipment and construction products. While it had more than $100 million in sales last year, it qualified for the loan because it meets the Small Business Administration's industry-specific "small business" size standards, according to company chief financial officer Paul Ainsworth.

Still, the company's loan is much larger than the typical PPP loan, according to a summary releasedby the Small Business Administration last week. The average loan was just over $200,000, and fewer than 1% of the loans under the program were greater than $5 million.

While the company may qualify as a small business under the PPP program, there are many much smaller businesses that have been unsuccessful in obtaining or even applying for the loans from their banks.
Lone Star...I am your mother's sister's nephew's former roommate

Well then Dark Helmet... what does that make us?

Absolutely nothing Lone Star...which is the exact factual content of this OP that links this loan to Trump .

:lol: you mean the op sounds a lot like most of what you guys post about Biden?

It is factual that family owning this business has strong ties to Trump. That's usually enough "fact" for the right.
I expect better from you. You're supposed to be one of the sane ones.

If you're telling me you're no better than the lowest political denominator I'll take you at your word...but that was not my prior position.

That is a fair point. Sometimes the low bar here gets to me and a slap is what I need.

My point here, really, is that this bill was poorly constructed. Everyone - Trump, Dem, and Republican - are influenced by lobbyists and I'm sure that allowed for the loose language in what is defined as a small business. In this area - trying to tighten it and impose greater oversight, the Dems were absolutely right. It's to bad they were unable to get more of what they wanted in that regard. As a result - the real small business' are getting crumbs, if anything at all. The second article I posted (from the same source) is even more damning and doesn't mention Trump.
Happens to me too...I get frustrated by the talking point wars.

Your one of the good ones...when I read your posts I take them under consideration...and you've changed my opinion in the past. You and Care4all Pogo Dr Grump g5000 bodecea sealybobo Seawytch jillian Toro... And a bunch of others... You guys give me an honest insight from the other side. :thup:

Trust me...we all need that.
honest insight form that group? other than coyote you just named off a lot of my ignore list. they don't talk issues, they tell you you're wrong. not saying others don't do that but i've likely got those people "ignored" also.

we certainly need honest insight but you won't find honesty from someone who's never been wrong.
Just because they think they're right doesn't mean they aren't being honest. I think I only have Mr Shaman on ignore...he had a posting style that just got on my last nerve.

If you honestly believe what you're saying...and not just regurgitating talking points to score political points..those are the folks I want to hear from...cuz I'm not always right...and we can both be right....from our own perspective.

The only two questions that should be asked in this thread is, were any laws were broken, and is anyone who might have a relationship with Trump a political figure?

Why?
Why should we be limited by laws being broke which effectively shuts down conversation about a badly written bill?

A badly written bill? Funny I didn't see anything about a badly written bill in your title. I guess that wasn't really the conversation you wanted to have, was it?

Did you read the OP?

Don’t bother to answer. You did not.

Actually I did, it didn't say anything about a badly written bill. I just said fewer than 1% of the loans exceeded 5 million. So what's your point?

No. You did not.

This was my commentary (original content) part (at the beginning of the post):

Still don't see anything about a bad bill. Did you just pull that out of you a$$? BTW, if it was a bad bill you can blame palousey for not fixing it while she held it up for more than a week.

oh yes...blame it all on Pelosi. Nothing to do with the Republicans who refused to accept all the stricter requirements...or Trump who stated he didn’t need to abide by the requirement for independent oversight.

talk about pulling it out of your ass.
where was Obama oversight on global warming funding?

yes this will be a common question until addressed.

They have over 6,000 employees, had over $400 million in sales last year, and they secured over $20,000,000 in small business relief.

WHY did they get a small business loan? They shouldn't have. Kind of makes my point about poor language defining what a "small business" is in the bill and lack of good independent oversight doesn't it?

As for what smaller businesses haven't received any relief, I read an article this morning which talked about a guy named Damon West who'd been convicted of murder, sentenced to prison in 2009, got paroled in 2015 and turned his life around and became a motivational and key note speaker. He applied for the loan because he could no longer travel.

A question on the application form asked whether, within the last 5 years, he had been convicted of or pleaded guilty or no contest to a felony or "been placed on any form of parole or probation." Another asked whether anyone who owns at least 20% of the company was incarcerated, under indictment, on probation or parole. If so, they are ineligible.

There could be any number of reasons someone is denied a loan. This is just one example...

Ok that is one guy. Is that representative of all? For example many encountering problems with banks creating roadblocks. T These are genuine small business.

WHY did they get a small business loan? They shouldn't have. Kind of makes my point about poor language defining what a "small business" is in the bill and lack of good independent oversight doesn't it?

I don't know why they got the loan and, quite honestly, I agree that they probably shouldn't have gotten it. The point I was making, though, was unrelated to whether or not they should've gotten it. My point is that you chose to whine about someone who received far less, even though they're technically a small business, for no other reason than you want to whine about Trump...

Ok that is one guy. Is that representative of all?

Yeah, it is, at least with regards to those small businesses whose owners have criminal records or who employ those with criminal records. It's a disqualifying factor...

Gee, nobody saw that coming when the blob fired the watch dog

How could he have fired someone he hadn't appointed yet?

True...he appointed his lawyer instead...how...convenient.

A lawyer was good enough for your dear leaders HINI response team, why not an IG who will be checking to see that the law was followed.

What IG?

How much money was given out for a stimulus during H1N1?

How much does a lawyer know about responding to an epidemic? From what I've heard they know quite a bit about the law.

What difference does that make, what does a lawyer know about epidemics? Your dear leader put one in charge of the H1N1 response. I'd say a lawyer would do a much better job as an IG.

oh....just a two trillion dollar difference...that’s all...

yes, let’s put his personal lawyer in charge.

Disparaging a person just because you don't like their boss is a bit childish, isn't it. I have yet to hear a reason why he isn't qualified.

Not disparaging him at all. I have no knowledge of him personally. That is another fail on your part.

Here are the key words: Independent Oversight.

Let’s see if you can make the connections or, failing that, the disconnect between “personal lawyer” and “independent”.

So you're implying he can't be independent when he changes jobs? That's definitely disparaging when you admit you know nothing about him.

I am not implying anything. I am stating something. When one is the personal lawyer of the one needing watchdogging, you can be Ghandi and it still isn’t going to look good.

Are you imp,yong there were no other possible choices?

Really, do you really think Trump is personally making the decisions on who is qualified and gets the loans in PPP? If you don't, why would you think he needs a watchdog?

Would it REALLY surprise you if he wasn't having someone contact XYZ company and telling them to apply even though the XYZ company didn't need any bail out monies?

On the marketplace podcast today, someone contacted the hosts with that exact scenario...businesses were "stupid" to not take what they were calling "free money" offered by the government because, it seems, their competitors were taking it. A tough IG would keep that from happening. But of course your blob fired the IG.

Damn you're ignorant, a tough IG wouldn't stop a company from applying if they were qualified under the program. His job would be finding companies that weren't qualified and got money anyway. Oh, and I find your little conspiracy theory funny as hell. You commies just crack me up. LMAO

Last edited:

A lawyer was good enough for your dear leaders HINI response team, why not an IG who will be checking to see that the law was followed.

What IG?

How much does a lawyer know about responding to an epidemic? From what I've heard they know quite a bit about the law.

What difference does that make, what does a lawyer know about epidemics? Your dear leader put one in charge of the H1N1 response. I'd say a lawyer would do a much better job as an IG.

Disparaging a person just because you don't like their boss is a bit childish, isn't it. I have yet to hear a reason why he isn't qualified.

Not disparaging him at all. I have no knowledge of him personally. That is another fail on your part.

Let’s see if you can make the connections or, failing that, the disconnect between “personal lawyer” and “independent”.

So you're implying he can't be independent when he changes jobs? That's definitely disparaging when you admit you know nothing about him.

I am not implying anything. I am stating something. When one is the personal lawyer of the one needing watchdogging, you can be Ghandi and it still isn’t going to look good.

Really, do you really think Trump is personally making the decisions on who is qualified and gets the loans in PPP? If you don't, why would you think he needs a watchdog?

Would it REALLY surprise you if he wasn't having someone contact XYZ company and telling them to apply even though the XYZ company didn't need any bail out monies?

On the marketplace podcast today, someone contacted the hosts with that exact scenario...businesses were "stupid" to not take what they were calling "free money" offered by the government because, it seems, their competitors were taking it. A tough IG would keep that from happening. But of course your blob fired the IG.

Damn you're ignorant, a tough IG wouldn't stop a company from applying if they were qualified under the program. His job would be finding companies that weren't qualified and got money anyway. Oh, and I find you little conspiracy theory funny as hell. You commies just crack me up. LMAO

And prioritize requests by need; not by connections.

So it doesn't pass your purity test. So what?

Trump has ties to huge numbers of people in business. ANd you found one that got money from a program designed to hand out money?

Shocking.

Key Terms for those suffering TDS (Trump Defense System): Independent Oversight.
I remember distinctly the repubs and Drumpf wanted no parts of independent oversight.
They wanted no part of the Dims to insert some mole into the works of the Administration.

What IG?

Damn you're ignorant, a tough IG wouldn't stop a company from applying if they were qualified under the program. His job would be finding companies that weren't qualified and got money anyway. Oh, and I find you little conspiracy theory funny as hell. You commies just crack me up. LMAO

How would the Dim stool pigeon do that?

He would be eligible to collect unemployment.

What IG?

Does the law require "need", I don't thinks so. The law states the qualification for the program, not the IG. Here's one for ya, what about the guy that owns the golf cart concessions at a Trump golf course. Their business has been devastated, should they be disqualified? Come on commie, lets see if you have one shred of intellectual honesty.

Perhaps.

But we're not discussing unemployment...

So, a guy worked for a company and resigned from it two years ago to go into the Trump admin.......................and two years later that company applies for a loan to pay it's employees during a pandemic, you claim that is "ties to Trump".

You are a pathetic troll. :iyfyus.jpg:
no - like most people more than likely didn't go deep into the details. IF this is correct then it kinda proves my point. people see headlines and put in their own story. that's why headlines are so poorly written anymore.
Coyote never reads past the headlines. That takes rational thought.

That's why his/her threads always blow up in his/her face.
So you are bitching at her for not paying attention yet you don't know her gender.

That's some funny shit right there.
Not sure what her inability to read past headlines has anything to do with my indifference to her plumbing.

Trump has ties to huge numbers of people in business. ANd you found one that got money from a program designed to hand out money?

Shocking.

This isn't just some random company that happened to have ties to Trump. It is his Campaign Finance Chair for Illinois, and the man he named as ambassador to Belgium, and the company did more than 100 million dollars of business last year who got 5.5 million by claiming to be a small business. Everything and everybody associated with that obese orange fool turns out to be a scam taking money from people who really deserve it.
A "small business" is defined to be one with under 500 employees. 100 million in revenues wouldn't be unusual for such a company.

Should be.
Based on what, dumbass?

100 million in revenues is not a SMALL BUSINESS
500 employees is considered small business by the SBA, dingbat.

Yes, I know that ass hole. 100 million in receipts is considered a small business too. We both know that is not a small business, no matter what the SBA says. A small business is small.
Is that like a "fair share" of taxes? 'Living wage"?

How much in receipts is too much for a small business?

Shocking.

This isn't just some random company that happened to have ties to Trump. It is his Campaign Finance Chair for Illinois, and the man he named as ambassador to Belgium, and the company did more than 100 million dollars of business last year who got 5.5 million by claiming to be a small business. Everything and everybody associated with that obese orange fool turns out to be a scam taking money from people who really deserve it.
A "small business" is defined to be one with under 500 employees. 100 million in revenues wouldn't be unusual for such a company.

Should be.
Based on what, dumbass?

100 million in revenues is not a SMALL BUSINESS
500 employees is considered small business by the SBA, dingbat.

Yes, I know that ass hole. 100 million in receipts is considered a small business too. We both know that is not a small business, no matter what the SBA says. A small business is small.
Is that like a "fair share" of taxes? 'Living wage"?

How much in receipts is too much for a small business?

100 million is WAY too much for a small business.

So, a guy worked for a company and resigned from it two years ago to go into the Trump admin.......................and two years later that company applies for a loan to pay it's employees during a pandemic, you claim that is "ties to Trump".

You are a pathetic troll. :iyfyus.jpg:
no - like most people more than likely didn't go deep into the details. IF this is correct then it kinda proves my point. people see headlines and put in their own story. that's why headlines are so poorly written anymore.

Actually...part of he problem HERE is people not reading past the headline but not in the way you think.

My OP's original content portion is duly ignored because - like a matador with a red cape - people are only capable of focusing on "TRUMP" and use that as a deflection to ignore the larger issues despite repeated commentary and other linked articles.

If the article title had been Company With Ties To Biden Receives Millions From Small Business Loan Program - how do you think this thread would be going?

The point is - the Dems (and Pelosi) were right. We needed strong independent oversight, stricter language defining a "small business" and greater accountability. The language is weak in that regard. The Republicans (and Trump) said "no". Trump specifically said he did not feel bound by it. So now we are repeating the mistakes of the first stimulus bill under Obama only it's a lot more money.

Perhaps.

But we're not discussing unemployment...

The dude isn't a business, he's a contract worker.

and the policy from trump wasn't to simply separate any and all either was it? only those who are being arrested because they continue to come through illegally time and time and time again. now when arrested, should we arrest the kids too? saying trump simply separated families for giggles and shits isn't exactly an honest approach to what he was doing was it? if a family in montana gets busted for selling drugs and they have (2) kids; parents are going to jail. do we send the kids too so we don't break up the family?

you're not being "Honest" here yet you expect me to treat these statements as if they are. they are EMOTIONAL. i get that. i understand that. i get you hate trump. but that doesn't make this action wrong.

tell me then, what do you do when you arrest someone for continued actions that break our laws and satisfy the requirements of treating people who do this and keep the families together. stop bitching at trump and tell me what you would do? simply not arrest them and let them in the country? now that doesn't satisfy punishing people who break out laws, does it? simply inviting them into the country? what do you do here, coyote?

as for dishonest "right wing" claims - i have NEVER seen you get all upset about "dishonest left wing claims".

like trump putting kids in cages and showing pictures of it - yet that was from obama's time. where was your rage?

like having to photoshop a kid out because they couldn't find an example to keep it honest. i believe at the time you called it "representative photography" or some such. no - it was a bullshit lie and a photoshopped picture to create the illusion of their claim. this "general photo" crap for named events needs to stop. it's bullshit.

like AOC crying in front of a fence with no one on the other side.

putting a small fence in front of a child and taking the pic to make him look like he's in cages

the "left wing" does dishonest shit by the hour and i have yet to see you equally full of rage. you only seem to be upset when trump does something and have excuses when obama did it too.

so - my conclusion is you're mad at the person, not the activities. any activity you can make fit your hate.

My conclusion is this, and I will keep it short.

There are things Trump has done that are truly indefensible and to see people continually attempting to defend, create false equivalencies or deflect does seriously piss me off.

Why can’t you look at this one issue without doing that? Without deflecting to “but the left dies dishonest shit by the hour”? This isn’t dishonest shit. This is WRONG, and for God’s sakes, what has happened to our sense of right and wrong in this country?

Let’s seriously, honestly and without partisan bias look at these arguments, because I am being 100% honest when it comes to my view on this policy.

1. “and the policy from trump wasn't to simply separate any and all either was it?”

Yes, it was...from the moment the policy was conceived that was the purpose.

Attorney General Jeff Sessions said the U.S. will take a stricter stance on illegal crossings at the Mexico border by separating parents from children, rather than keeping them together in detention centers.

The new policy is being implemented with the goal of a 100% prosecution rate for all that enter the U.S. illegally, officials said. Charged adults will be sent directly to federal court. Children in turn will be sent to the Department of Health and Human Services’ Office of Refugee Resettlement, which works with shelters or relatives in the U.S.

This policy officially ran from April to June 2018, but continued unofficially until October 2019.

Facts:

More than 5,400 children were separated from their families at the border (at final count, after the administration lied about the numbers several times).

There was no provision or plan in place to reunite parents with their children. This, in my view is reprehensible.

Parents were promised deportation WITH their children if they signed over their rights to seek asylum. This did. not happen. Many were deported without their children, who remained behind in US detention. The government response was it wasn't their responsibility. Private entities have been seeking the parents and attempting to reunify them, but when you are talking remote villages in the Guatemalan mountains, it's a monumental task.

As of now, 3 years later, 150 children (who have not waived reunification rights) remain unreunited with their families. Of that number: 50 have parents who were deported, 70 have parents still in the US. Of the first group - 5 have parents who have not been found.

Now - with what you said:

1. if a family in montana gets busted for selling drugs and they have (2) kids; parents are going to jail. do we send the kids too so we don't break up the family?

That's a common response, but is it comparable? First off - while crossing the border illegally is a crime, seeking asylum is NOT. It's a legal right under our laws, and it makes no difference how they enter the country (there is nothing in the law that makes that distinction). Secondly - false moral equivalency (one of many in these arguments) - is this really comparable to selling drugs, or for that matter murder or robbery etc? Lastly - courts often consider family situations during the pre-trial period. Someone convicted of a minor drug charge who is the main caretaker of a child or dependent adult, is often granted some leniency prior to their court hearing. There is no automatic "zero tolerance" separation policy applied, it's taken in a case by case basis.

2. (dishonest leftwing claims) like trump putting kids in cages and showing pictures of it - yet that was from obama's time. where was your rage?

Actually - I did condemn it, it was a very dishonest attempt by the media who used a picture taken from when we had the huge influx of unaccompanied minors. I *think* you are trying to also make that situation comparable to the one under Trump. Under Obama, yes - kids were temporarily put into "cages" - these kids were unaccompanied minors, and the law was upheld - they were kept there less than 72 hours I believe. That has not been the case under the Trump administration who, in fact, has fought that court requirement for detention of children.

The question I have for you though is this: while these situations you mention are wrong, are they truly morally equivalent to what I outlined above? Answer honestly.

There are valid criticisms that are not just "emotional meltdowns over Trump" - and, as in the OP of this thread - the lack of good independent oversight for a bill giving out trillions of dollars is a HUGE deal, and it is a valid criticism and it is one area where the Democrats were dead on in insisting for.
this is short? :)

UNDERSTAND - i am not saying and i have never said no oversight = good. what i HAVE said is were up as upset when obama was giving away billions without any oversight. despite war and peace up there, this question remains, an open question.

now -

this is funny. may i remind you:

i say the left goes BUT OBAMA at will when it suits their need and get emotionally pissed off when a Pro Trump person references obama. please see my link for reference.

to wit - i said the left was beating the shit out of trump. you said "but obama had to put up with it for 8 years" - where's YOUR focus, daniel-san? how come you can't just address the TRUMP part of it? you know, play by your own rules and all?

reminder?

so i ask - why can't we focus on trump? i tell you trump is being "abused" and you run to BUT OBAMA and while i hate to say it - "like clockwork" and what i said you and others so all the time. as frustrating as it is for you to hear BUT OBAMA it's *JUST AS* frustrating to see you and others so it when it suits your purposes then get pissed when it happens to suit my purposes to reference what obama has done.

AND I TRY TO ONLY REFERENCE obama when it's 100% relevant. like your continued TRUMP SUCKS BECAUSE HE HAD NO OVERSIGHT.

great. i agree we needed the oversight on how the money was handed out, but i don't agree on how it was used. you're not telling people what is important and critical TO THEM as if your opinion matters more than theres.

TO ILLUSTRATE MY POINT you only care because of TDS i have asked you FOUR TIMES NOW - were you mad when obama didn't have oversight on his money gift to most of the world? this is a fair reference. it's our gov handing out billions to trillions of our money. if we need to have oversight on how our own country does it - WHY NOT WHEN WE GIVE MONEY TO NON AMERICANS?

why do you dodge that question? don't like the answer?

then you said:

why didn't they insist on the oversight for the billions given to other nations?

i'll be glad to discuss the bullshit photo policy and how the family separate is bullshit (if you have 5400 instances of it you don't need to photoshop a crying kids mother out of the picture to go SEE I TOLD YOU! i demand honestly not emotional validation from our media.

so ONE MORE TIME -

if oversight is good and needed when we hand out money - why do you continue to avoid giving your opinion on obama giving out money to the rest of the world with no valid oversight what so ever?

i'm a bulldog and it does upset people. if you don't want to answer this question say so. but stop ignoring it or i'll simply keep asking it. it's a 100% perfect illustration of why i feel you're only mad cause TRUMP.

the only way i can show this is to compare his actions to someone you didn't have an issue with under similar circumstances and simply ask why did you care in one instance and not the other?

at this point i have to guess i'm right - TRUMP did it so you're mad.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back