Company With Ties To Trump Receives Millions From Small Business Loan Program

This is why we need independent oversight for these vast sums of money going out...100 million in sales and still a "small business"....?

While many small businesses have found it difficult or impossible to get one of the Small Business Administration's Paycheck Protection Program loans, a company owned by a prominent Chicago family with close ties to the Trump administration was able to get a $5.5 million loan under the program, according to documents the company filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on Monday.

U.S. Ambassador to Belgium Ronald Gidwitz, who was appointed in 2018, was then-candidate Donald Trump's campaign finance chair for Illinois in the 2016 presidential campaign. According to filings with the SEC, Gidwitz's family owns the majority of Continental Materials Corp., which secured the 1% interest loan.

Continental Materials makes heating and cooling equipment and construction products. While it had more than $100 million in sales last year, it qualified for the loan because it meets the Small Business Administration's industry-specific "small business" size standards, according to company chief financial officer Paul Ainsworth.

Still, the company's loan is much larger than the typical PPP loan, according to a summary releasedby the Small Business Administration last week. The average loan was just over $200,000, and fewer than 1% of the loans under the program were greater than $5 million.

While the company may qualify as a small business under the PPP program, there are many much smaller businesses that have been unsuccessful in obtaining or even applying for the loans from their banks.
Lone Star...I am your mother's sister's nephew's former roommate

Well then Dark Helmet... what does that make us?

Absolutely nothing Lone Star...which is the exact factual content of this OP that links this loan to Trump .

:lol: you mean the op sounds a lot like most of what you guys post about Biden?

It is factual that family owning this business has strong ties to Trump. That's usually enough "fact" for the right.
I expect better from you. You're supposed to be one of the sane ones.

If you're telling me you're no better than the lowest political denominator I'll take you at your word...but that was not my prior position.

That is a fair point. Sometimes the low bar here gets to me and a slap is what I need.

My point here, really, is that this bill was poorly constructed. Everyone - Trump, Dem, and Republican - are influenced by lobbyists and I'm sure that allowed for the loose language in what is defined as a small business. In this area - trying to tighten it and impose greater oversight, the Dems were absolutely right. It's to bad they were unable to get more of what they wanted in that regard. As a result - the real small business' are getting crumbs, if anything at all. The second article I posted (from the same source) is even more damning and doesn't mention Trump.
Happens to me too...I get frustrated by the talking point wars.

Your one of the good ones...when I read your posts I take them under consideration...and you've changed my opinion in the past. You and Care4all Pogo Dr Grump g5000 bodecea sealybobo Seawytch jillian Toro... And a bunch of others... You guys give me an honest insight from the other side. :thup:

Trust me...we all need that.
honest insight form that group? other than coyote you just named off a lot of my ignore list. they don't talk issues, they tell you you're wrong. not saying others don't do that but i've likely got those people "ignored" also.

we certainly need honest insight but you won't find honesty from someone who's never been wrong.
Just because they think they're right doesn't mean they aren't being honest. I think I only have Mr Shaman on ignore...he had a posting style that just got on my last nerve.

If you honestly believe what you're saying...and not just regurgitating talking points to score political points..those are the folks I want to hear from...cuz I'm not always right...and we can both be right....from our own perspective.

The only two questions that should be asked in this thread is, were any laws were broken, and is anyone who might have a relationship with Trump a political figure?

Why?
Why should we be limited by laws being broke which effectively shuts down conversation about a badly written bill?

A badly written bill? Funny I didn't see anything about a badly written bill in your title. I guess that wasn't really the conversation you wanted to have, was it?

Did you read the OP?

Don’t bother to answer. You did not.

Actually I did, it didn't say anything about a badly written bill. I just said fewer than 1% of the loans exceeded 5 million. So what's your point?

No. You did not.

This was my commentary (original content) part (at the beginning of the post):

This is why we need independent oversight for these vast sums of money going out...100 million in sales and still a "small business"....?

Still don't see anything about a bad bill. Did you just pull that out of you a$$? BTW, if it was a bad bill you can blame palousey for not fixing it while she held it up for more than a week.

oh yes...blame it all on Pelosi. Nothing to do with the Republicans who refused to accept all the stricter requirements...or Trump who stated he didn’t need to abide by the requirement for independent oversight.

talk about pulling it out of your ass.

WOW, great deflection. You're the one who brought up a thoughtful discussion of a bad bill, now you seem to have abandon that thought. I can understand why since it wasn't brought up in your OP or your link. LMAO

When the OP mentions a need for greater oversight that rather implies such is lacking in the bill. But I totally understand. You are incapable of actually discussing it, and instead resort to flinging mud to see if anything sticks.

Not surprised.

While many small businesses have found it difficult or impossible to get one of the Small Business Administration's Paycheck Protection Program loans, a company owned by a prominent Chicago family with close ties to the Trump administration was able to get a $5.5 million loan under the program, according to documents the company filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on Monday.

U.S. Ambassador to Belgium Ronald Gidwitz, who was appointed in 2018, was then-candidate Donald Trump's campaign finance chair for Illinois in the 2016 presidential campaign. According to filings with the SEC, Gidwitz's family owns the majority of Continental Materials Corp., which secured the 1% interest loan.

Continental Materials makes heating and cooling equipment and construction products. While it had more than $100 million in sales last year, it qualified for the loan because it meets the Small Business Administration's industry-specific "small business" size standards, according to company chief financial officer Paul Ainsworth.

Still, the company's loan is much larger than the typical PPP loan, according to a summary releasedby the Small Business Administration last week. The average loan was just over $200,000, and fewer than 1% of the loans under the program were greater than $5 million.

While the company may qualify as a small business under the PPP program, there are many much smaller businesses that have been unsuccessful in obtaining or even applying for the loans from their banks.
Gee, nobody saw that coming when the blob fired the watch dog

How could he have fired someone he hadn't appointed yet?

True...he appointed his lawyer instead...how...convenient.

A lawyer was good enough for your dear leaders HINI response team, why not an IG who will be checking to see that the law was followed.

What IG?

How much money was given out for a stimulus during H1N1?

How much does a lawyer know about responding to an epidemic? From what I've heard they know quite a bit about the law.

What difference does that make, what does a lawyer know about epidemics? Your dear leader put one in charge of the H1N1 response. I'd say a lawyer would do a much better job as an IG.

oh....just a two trillion dollar difference...that’s all...

yes, let’s put his personal lawyer in charge.

Disparaging a person just because you don't like their boss is a bit childish, isn't it. I have yet to hear a reason why he isn't qualified.

A lawyer was good enough for your dear leaders HINI response team, why not an IG who will be checking to see that the law was followed.

What IG?

How much does a lawyer know about responding to an epidemic? From what I've heard they know quite a bit about the law.

What difference does that make, what does a lawyer know about epidemics? Your dear leader put one in charge of the H1N1 response. I'd say a lawyer would do a much better job as an IG.

Disparaging a person just because you don't like their boss is a bit childish, isn't it. I have yet to hear a reason why he isn't qualified.

Not disparaging him at all. I have no knowledge of him personally. That is another fail on your part.

Here are the key words: Independent Oversight.

Let’s see if you can make the connections or, failing that, the disconnect between “personal lawyer” and “independent”.

Absolutely nothing Lone Star...which is the exact factual content of this OP that links this loan to Trump .

It is factual that family owning this business has strong ties to Trump. That's usually enough "fact" for the right.

If you're telling me you're no better than the lowest political denominator I'll take you at your word...but that was not my prior position.

That is a fair point. Sometimes the low bar here gets to me and a slap is what I need.

My point here, really, is that this bill was poorly constructed. Everyone - Trump, Dem, and Republican - are influenced by lobbyists and I'm sure that allowed for the loose language in what is defined as a small business. In this area - trying to tighten it and impose greater oversight, the Dems were absolutely right. It's to bad they were unable to get more of what they wanted in that regard. As a result - the real small business' are getting crumbs, if anything at all. The second article I posted (from the same source) is even more damning and doesn't mention Trump.

Your one of the good ones...when I read your posts I take them under consideration...and you've changed my opinion in the past. You and Care4all Pogo Dr Grump g5000 bodecea sealybobo Seawytch jillian Toro... And a bunch of others... You guys give me an honest insight from the other side. :thup:

honest insight form that group? other than coyote you just named off a lot of my ignore list. they don't talk issues, they tell you you're wrong. not saying others don't do that but i've likely got those people "ignored" also.

we certainly need honest insight but you won't find honesty from someone who's never been wrong.
Just because they think they're right doesn't mean they aren't being honest. I think I only have Mr Shaman on ignore...he had a posting style that just got on my last nerve.

If you honestly believe what you're saying...and not just regurgitating talking points to score political points..those are the folks I want to hear from...cuz I'm not always right...and we can both be right....from our own perspective.

The only two questions that should be asked in this thread is, were any laws were broken, and is anyone who might have a relationship with Trump a political figure?

Why?
Why should we be limited by laws being broke which effectively shuts down conversation about a badly written bill?

A badly written bill? Funny I didn't see anything about a badly written bill in your title. I guess that wasn't really the conversation you wanted to have, was it?

Did you read the OP?

Actually I did, it didn't say anything about a badly written bill. I just said fewer than 1% of the loans exceeded 5 million. So what's your point?

No. You did not.

Still don't see anything about a bad bill. Did you just pull that out of you a$$? BTW, if it was a bad bill you can blame palousey for not fixing it while she held it up for more than a week.

oh yes...blame it all on Pelosi. Nothing to do with the Republicans who refused to accept all the stricter requirements...or Trump who stated he didn’t need to abide by the requirement for independent oversight.

WOW, great deflection. You're the one who brought up a thoughtful discussion of a bad bill, now you seem to have abandon that thought. I can understand why since it wasn't brought up in your OP or your link. LMAO

When the OP mentions a need for greater oversight that rather implies such is lacking in the bill. But I totally understand. You are incapable of actually discussing it, and instead resort to flinging mud to see if anything sticks.

Not surprised.

Oh OK, you think people can read your mind, personally I think you have a bit of trouble doing that yourself. And there's nothing to discuss, NO LAWS WERE BROKEN! This thread is just a standard non-political commie hit job against Trump. The implication in the OP was you're implying something is wrong, when it isn't.

Last edited:

What IG?

Not disparaging him at all. I have no knowledge of him personally. That is another fail on your part.

Let’s see if you can make the connections or, failing that, the disconnect between “personal lawyer” and “independent”.

So you're implying he can't be independent when he changes jobs? That's definitely disparaging when you admit you know nothing about him.

What IG?

So you're implying he can't be independent when he changes jobs? That's definitely disparaging when you admit you know nothing about him.

I am not implying anything. I am stating something. When one is the personal lawyer of the one needing watchdogging, you can be Ghandi and it still isn’t going to look good.

Are you imp,yong there were no other possible choices?

Why?

Did you read the OP?

No. You did not.

Not surprised.

Oh OK, you think people can read your mind, personally I think you have a bit of trouble doing that yourself. And there's nothing to discuss, NO LAWS WERE BROKEN! This thread is just a standard non-political commie hit job against Trump. The implication in the OP was you're implying something is wrong, when it isn't.

Well...that logic crosses off all of your Biden and Obama threads and most of your Hilary ones. But that hasn’t stopped you has it?

A suggestion: independent watchdogs are not usually put in place after a crime but rather to prevent one or even the appearance of one.

Everyone is getting distracted by this report detailing SOME of the entities that got loans.

Well guess what, that entire list...as ugly as it is ...totals 250 Million dollars.

What you seem to be missing here is that the program had 349 BILLION in funding available and it's GONE.
'
Where did the remaining 348.75 BILLION go?

That;s the REAL question
_____

Harvard University, with a 40 billion dollar endowment (Savings account) got 9 million, according to the O.P.'s reasoning---well, never mind---there is no reasoning. Yale, with a 30 billion got 7 million.

There's your TRAVESTY.

Yet, the OP thinks she has found real wrongdoing because a small business got a qualifying LEGAL loan under the recently passed law and someone involved in the company knows Don Trump.

SICKNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

______
So here we have another idiot who did not read the OP and instead fixates on his TDS (Trump Defense Syndrom).

So tell us...why did YOU not support stricter oversight of this money?
______

People smarter than me, and you too of course, like Mnuchin, made a calculated decision that getting the money out there to try to save the greatest economy this country (or the world) has ever known---and also feed people whose jobs were lost to Chinese Communist Machinations was more important than being precise and careful---more important than filtering through the status of each American and trying to analyze whether he or she needed it.

I guess I will get a small check eventually. I don't need it. I intend to use when my favorite restaurants open back up by giving tips of 50-60 per cent to the waitresses who have taken care of me and my honey over the years---and who suffered much.

Still, I am a bit ashamed, yet everybody at Harvard and Yale involved with the decision to take this money---should be whipped with a cat of nine tails.

Again, a policy decision was made that the extremity of the situation made it more important to get the money out than to spend months being discreet. That spawn of Satan Pelosi-Antoinette (Let them eat expensive ice cream) has tried to slow it down--but getting the money out was the priority--as decided by the people who understand the situation.

You ought to have already known that.

What IG?

I am not implying anything. I am stating something. When one is the personal lawyer of the one needing watchdogging, you can be Ghandi and it still isn’t going to look good.

Really, do you really think Trump is personally making the decisions on who is qualified and gets the loans in PPP? If you don't, why would you think he needs a watchdog?

Why?

Did you read the OP?

No. You did not.

Not surprised.

Well...that logic crosses off all of your Biden and Obama threads and most of your Hilary ones. But that hasn’t stopped you has it?

A suggestion: independent watchdogs are not usually put in place after a crime but rather to prevent one or even the appearance of one.

You might want to tell all the commie congresscritters they need to alter the existing IG law to make them beat cops instead if investigators. It's really hard to investigate something that hasn't happened.

Everyone is getting distracted by this report detailing SOME of the entities that got loans.

Well guess what, that entire list...as ugly as it is ...totals 250 Million dollars.

What you seem to be missing here is that the program had 349 BILLION in funding available and it's GONE.
'

That;s the REAL question
_____

Harvard University, with a 40 billion dollar endowment (Savings account) got 9 million, according to the O.P.'s reasoning---well, never mind---there is no reasoning. Yale, with a 30 billion got 7 million.

There's your TRAVESTY.

Yet, the OP thinks she has found real wrongdoing because a small business got a qualifying LEGAL loan under the recently passed law and someone involved in the company knows Don Trump.

______
So here we have another idiot who did not read the OP and instead fixates on his TDS (Trump Defense Syndrom).

Question... When Obama was giving billions to the world to combat global warming, we're you also just as upset at the lack of oversight or accountability involved?
_____

As in to his Suck-Buddies at Solyndra*---who skimmed off all the Taxpayer money (likely with kickbacks to Obama) and then filed Bankruptcy abut six months later.

_______
*Look it up Bolsheviks. Dumb-Asses like the O.P. likely missed it because they didn't talk about it much on the Pravda-like Media which is essentially the propaganda arm for the Democratic Party.

_______

What IG?

Really, do you really think Trump is personally making the decisions on who is qualified and gets the loans in PPP? If you don't, why would you think he needs a watchdog?

Would it REALLY surprise you if he wasn't having someone contact XYZ company and telling them to apply even though the XYZ company didn't need any bail out monies?

On the marketplace podcast today, someone contacted the hosts with that exact scenario...businesses were "stupid" to not take what they were calling "free money" offered by the government because, it seems, their competitors were taking it. A tough IG would keep that from happening. But of course your blob fired the IG.

Not surprised.

For this thread and your comments, it's better to fling feces.

Trump has ties to huge numbers of people in business. ANd you found one that got money from a program designed to hand out money?

Shocking.

This isn't just some random company that happened to have ties to Trump. It is his Campaign Finance Chair for Illinois, and the man he named as ambassador to Belgium, and the company did more than 100 million dollars of business last year who got 5.5 million by claiming to be a small business. Everything and everybody associated with that obese orange fool turns out to be a scam taking money from people who really deserve it.

Ok, now show that A other big businesses are not doing the same, and the B. Trump or someone close to him had any involvement.

Otherwise, it's a nothing burger.

The fact that big companies were quickly given all the money, leaving none for real small businesses doesn't justify anything. WTF is wrong with you to think that it would?

Oh, so, your dropping the whole, this accusation of Trump and personal corruption and changing the subject to the way that big businesses are so good at playing any system to their own benefit?

Love to talk about that. First, clearly state that you are dropping the whole anti-Trump nonsense.

I don't want you circling back to it, like you Wallys always do.

View attachment 326230

We already know Trump is personally corrupt.

I asked you if you were dropping the claim from tHE op, and that was why you were launching new accusations.

And I posted a comic demonstrating the dishonest tactic of circular debating.

your response was to dodge.

Very telling. Wally. Do you mind if I call you wally?

View attachment 326288

I didn't drop the claim from the OP. It said what it said and I agree with it. But - in MY OP - you know, the part you did not read before your TDS kicked in - I stated:

Which is the larger issue you choose to ignore in your automatic defense of all things Trump.

And as I said, if you wanted to focus on the way big business abuses all systems, you should have focused on that, instead of letting your obsession with Trump rule you.

Your obsession with defending Trump at all costs is noted in your inability to have read the OP before launching into this.

1. I started skimming the brainless raving of libs, long before Trump.

2. My political support of Trump is actually fairly tepid. I am disappointed in him on a number of fronts, but the attacks you leftards launch are so insane, that you can't know that.
thank you. you simply can't NOT be critical of trump 24x7 and claim objectivity along the way. trump has issues. lots of 'em. but he's getting the job done as best he can w/o help from "the other side". you say that they say BUT OBAMA.

yet you call on obama and they say KEEP FOCUS ON TRUMP THIS ISN'T ABOUT OBAMA!!!

it's a never ending circle of stupid.
We spent 8 years of hyper criticism of Obama. Fact.
See what I mean? You can pull the Obama card, but the right can't cause then it's not about Trump.

And Obama made arguments out of where to piss. Withheld funds to schools who didn't follow along. Saw no issue with female relating guys competing with females, commented on every social situation possible.

Maybe... Just maybe, Obama brought a little of that on himself. Radical change is never met well.
Woah. The right IS pulling the Obama card. And no...he did not comment on it on every social situation possible. That’s hyperbole.

If radical change is never met well, don’t you think that applies to some of Trumps actions?
So. Obama and the left spent 8 years blaming Bush. We keep getting mad for actions done to Obama he did to others as well.

Why?

Which of Trump's actions are as radical as debates on where to pee. Transgenders in the military. Spying on the press and congress?

I'm open to say Trump's policies are just as radical as soon as you name them that are considered as radical as those.

Keep in mind I'm not arguing for or against ANY of these. Not the point. Only that pushing these policies is a radical change from our social issues as usual.

So where is Trump pushing the social boundaries where we've never been before?
This comes down to personal views on what is radical.

100% seperation of children from families at the border.

Working to abortion rights.

Removing protections from discrimmination in employment, housing etc. for LGBTQ people.

Allowing the importation of murdered elephant parts into the US.

Renigging on international agreements done by the prior administration.

Curtailing or ending the protection of endangered species against established science.

And, most recently, seriously eroding state’s rights.
Murdered elephant parts?

With the exception of the unfortunate plight of elephant parts these are not NEW issues but our usual rehash. Not arguing whether or not they are good or bad decisions, only that they are common fare on social stances.

As for separation of families at the border, Obama. He did it too. So at worst Trump is continuing that policy yet he and only he gets blamed for it.

But to the point. These are stupid at best but not really social standard changing like what I went through with Obama.

But I do appreciate the examples.

Actually no. He did not. That is one of the dishonest rightwing claims. Obama did not have a 100% policy of family seperation. He was criticized for being hard on illegal immigration, but one thing his administration tried to do was NOT break up families. This one is entirely on Trump and it is radical.
and the policy from trump wasn't to simply separate any and all either was it? only those who are being arrested because they continue to come through illegally time and time and time again. now when arrested, should we arrest the kids too? saying trump simply separated families for giggles and shits isn't exactly an honest approach to what he was doing was it? if a family in montana gets busted for selling drugs and they have (2) kids; parents are going to jail. do we send the kids too so we don't break up the family?

you're not being "Honest" here yet you expect me to treat these statements as if they are. they are EMOTIONAL. i get that. i understand that. i get you hate trump. but that doesn't make this action wrong.

tell me then, what do you do when you arrest someone for continued actions that break our laws and satisfy the requirements of treating people who do this and keep the families together. stop bitching at trump and tell me what you would do? simply not arrest them and let them in the country? now that doesn't satisfy punishing people who break out laws, does it? simply inviting them into the country? what do you do here, coyote?

as for dishonest "right wing" claims - i have NEVER seen you get all upset about "dishonest left wing claims".

like trump putting kids in cages and showing pictures of it - yet that was from obama's time. where was your rage?

like having to photoshop a kid out because they couldn't find an example to keep it honest. i believe at the time you called it "representative photography" or some such. no - it was a bullshit lie and a photoshopped picture to create the illusion of their claim. this "general photo" crap for named events needs to stop. it's bullshit.

like AOC crying in front of a fence with no one on the other side.

putting a small fence in front of a child and taking the pic to make him look like he's in cages

the "left wing" does dishonest shit by the hour and i have yet to see you equally full of rage. you only seem to be upset when trump does something and have excuses when obama did it too.

so - my conclusion is you're mad at the person, not the activities. any activity you can make fit your hate.

'

That;s the REAL question
_____

There's your TRAVESTY.

______

______

People smarter than me, and you too of course, like Mnuchin, made a calculated decision that getting the money out there to try to save the greatest economy this country (or the world) has ever known---and also feed people whose jobs were lost to Chinese Communist Machinations was more important than being precise and careful---more important than filtering through the status of each American and trying to analyze whether he or she needed it.

I guess I will get a small check eventually. I don't need it. I intend to use when my favorite restaurants open back up by giving tips of 50-60 per cent to the waitresses who have taken care of me and my honey over the years---and who suffered much.

Still, I am a bit ashamed, yet everybody at Harvard and Yale involved with the decision to take this money---should be whipped with a cat of nine tails.

Again, a policy decision was made that the extremity of the situation made it more important to get the money out than to spend months being discreet. That spawn of Satan Pelosi-Antoinette (Let them eat expensive ice cream) has tried to slow it down--but getting the money out was the priority--as decided by the people who understand the situation.

Wow...so...just Harvard and Yale should be whipped huh? And shame on Pelosi for attempting to put oversight on a trillion dollar bill, of taxpayer money, so the real small businesses get help instead of the coal companies and bankers and all those who’s big fat lobbies ts descended on Washington...

Nice to know Republicans really aren’t interested in helping small business’ and it’s business as usual in politics.

But you knew that.

'

That;s the REAL question
_____

There's your TRAVESTY.

______

______

Wow...so...just Harvard and Yale should be whipped huh? And shame on Pelosi for attempting to put oversight on a trillion dollar bill, of taxpayer money, so the real small businesses get help instead of the coal companies and bankers and all those who’s big fat lobbies ts descended on Washington...

Nice to know Republicans really aren’t interested in helping small business’ and it’s business as usual in politics.

But you knew that.
I'm a republican, I suppose. Your statement seems to nullify my caring about small businesses. The oversimplification really hinders honest talk. You want people to treat you as an individual yet you don't do the same.

Now 3rd time I've asked. If you replied my apologies. I had 30+ replies and it all seemed to be this convo I have nothing to do with other than being an eatly part of it.

Now, my contention is you only care about oversight when Trump, or this small business hating (R)s are spending the money.

Obama was funding global warming research and giving billions to other countries with no rules on how spent and no targeted outcomes. If you were not against this for the very same lack of versight then it gives life to my belief you only care now because you need to be mad at Trump for something.

Were you in the same level of disgust at his lack of oversight on these billions?

'

That;s the REAL question
_____

There's your TRAVESTY.

______

______

But you knew that.

_____
Oversight by Pelosi-Antionette my Ass. She's trying to leverage a national crisis into a bailout for rotting cities and left wing states like California and Illinois--and their corrupt pension funds: and into a mass Voter Fraud Bill--where illegal aliens vote for Democrats by mail and ballot harvesting, and even lifelong Republicans, when they die---become reliable Democrats.

But you know that. Party above Country. It's the Democrat-Bolshevik Way.

_____

Thanks for that.

Oh, please. Does Trump own this company? Aren't all small businesses getting help? You haters are really stretching it now. Anything to tear down the president.
Aren't you allowed to terminate your own TDS thread? Please consider - do the right thing.

Forum List

Back