Comparing Death Rates from Mass Public Shootings and Mass Public Violence in the US and Europe

Read the linked article and you might learn something.
There's nothing to be gleaned from it.
If someone wants to kill themselves there are plenty of ways to go about it.
Jeremiah 5:21 - ‘Hear now this, O foolish people, and without understanding; which have eyes, and see not; which have ears, and hear not’

As someone who owns plenty of firearms I sure wouldnt use em to commit suicide.
If I decided to take that path,which is unlikely as I'm not a homo,I'd eat a bunch of pills down some Crown and park the truck in the garage.

True, but that only makes us look worse:
Gun_stats_homicideBars_780.png
Apples and oranges. Those a white countries with indigenous populations in the 90th percentile. If we factor in white demographic our rate of incidence is comparable to that of W. Europe. Even with high availability. That is why I noted the changing demography of W. Europe and the increased incidence of gun violence.
The Europeans must first reconcile their immigration issues.
The hard truth that no one wants to tackle is that the rates of gun violence in the black and Latin communities make of the lion share of the homicide statistics whereas the whites make up the lion share of suicide.
Look no further than Latin America where guns are heavily restricted. Look at their rates of gun violence. These are facts.

Capture.PNG

Gun Violence: How The U.S. Compares With Other Countries

When compared to other low trust cultures in our hemisphere.

Capture2.PNG
When compared demographically.
We are no longer a white nation and in many urban areas (where most crime occurs) white are now a minority.

Apples and oranges. Those a white countries with indigenous populations in the 90th percentile. If we factor in white demographic our rate of incidence is comparable to that of W. Europe. Even with high availability. That is why I noted the changing demography of W. Europe and the increased incidence of gun violence.
The hard truth that no one wants to tackle is that the rates of gun violence in the black and Latin communities make of the lion share of the homicide statistics whereas the whites make up the lion share of suicide.
Look no further than Latin America where guns are heavily restricted. Look at their rates of gun violence. These are facts.

View attachment 177094

View attachment 177098 When compared demographically.
We are no longer a white nation and in many urban areas (where most crime occurs) white are now a minority.
Sorry but you'll have to go down the racist path without me.

Let's arm all the children, it's the only way to keep them safe.

No, but arming the teachers so that they can protect those children, now that would be smart. Why do you want kids and teachers to be killed? Why do you demand pain and suffering to further your political agenda? What the hell is wrong with you?

View attachment 177094

View attachment 177098 When compared demographically.
Sorry but you'll have to go down the racist path without me.

it's not racist. It's cultural. The overwhelming amount of violence we suffer comes from illegal immigrants from violent third world countries. A population that Europe has been devoid of until quite recently. Now that they too are being inundated with violent third worlders their violent crime rates are skyrocketing. It ain't racism. It is simple reality. These people come from country's where violence is the norm. They bring that mentality with them.

Including justified shootings and suicides makes your data bogus.

My father used to take his rifle to school to go rabbit hunting afterwards.

Culture is the issue, not guns.
As seen in my previous post, removing suicides does NOT make my data bogus. As for "justified shootings", I look forward to you providing some kind of data showing how US "justified shootings" differ from European "justified shootings".

Homicide is the issue. Are you claiming we have a culture of homicide in the US that needs to be preserved?[/QUOTE]
How many justified shootings in Japan? Switzerland?

Mexico? They have very tight gun control. More violent in Mexico than Iraq.

It’s a culture issue.

Read the linked article and you might learn something.
There's nothing to be gleaned from it.
If someone wants to kill themselves there are plenty of ways to go about it.
Jeremiah 5:21 - ‘Hear now this, O foolish people, and without understanding; which have eyes, and see not; which have ears, and hear not’
Cocaine is not grown in the US. Yet tons of it exist in the US. What makes you think guns won’t be brought in when you can’t stop illegal drugs?

it's not racist. It's cultural. The overwhelming amount of violence we suffer comes from illegal immigrants from violent third world countries. A population that Europe has been devoid of until quite recently. Now that they too are being inundated with violent third worlders their violent crime rates are skyrocketing. It ain't racism. It is simple reality. These people come from country's where violence is the norm. They bring that mentality with them.
First, there is no such thing as white culture or black culture. If you disagree then read no further, we have nothing to discuss.

Can you honestly say it is culture and not economics? When the Irish, Italians, and Jews emigrated to the US they were mostly poor and uneducated. Some portion of their populations turned to crime and violence was the result. I'd wager that is true of every immigrant group regardless of their origin.

A narrative busting thread using science, not emotions.
You statistics may be true but it’s worth noting that mass shootings make up a tiny portion of America’s firearm deaths, which totaled more than 33,000 in 2014. On average, there is more than one mass shooting for each day in America.

Another way to look at it:
gun_homicides_per_capita.jpg

So you're saying we need to get rid of black people, right?
Cuz blacks account for 99 percent of those shootings.

First, there is no such thing as white culture or black culture. If you disagree then read no further, we have nothing to discuss.

Can you honestly say it is culture and not economics? When the Irish, Italians, and Jews emigrated to the US they were mostly poor and uneducated. Some portion of their populations turned to crime and violence was the result. I'd wager that is true of every immigrant group regardless of their origin.
I’ve been in the poorest regions of Southeast Asia and Central America.

It’s a culture issue, not an economic issue.

Why is the suicide rate so high in many European nations then?
Are they? They vary in Europe even though the number of guns is low throughout. Some have higher rates, some lower. What would the US rate be if we had no guns? Impossible to know but studies show it would be less.
world%20suicide%20rates%20with%20india%20map.png

:rofl: The Crime Prevention Research Center? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The Crime Prevention Research Center is a nonprofit founded in 2013 by John Lott, author of the book “More Guns, Less Crime.” He is best known as an advocate in the gun rights debate, particularly his arguments against restrictions on owning and carrying guns. Lott’s work has been called “junk science” as he has been accused of accepting funding from the National Rifle Association. Lott denies this claim. Any claims made on this website need to be fact checked with credible sources. (9/2/2016) Updated (4/5/2017)

Crime Prevention Research Center - Media Bias/Fact Check

you're such a good NRA shill. next time try posting things that aren't paid for by the gun lobby.

Last edited:

The Crime Prevention Research Center is a nonprofit founded in 2013 by John Lott, author of the book “More Guns, Less Crime.” He is best known as an advocate in the gun rights debate, particularly his arguments against restrictions on owning and carrying guns. Lott’s work has been called “junk science” as he has been accused of accepting funding from the National Rifle Association. Lott denies this claim. Any claims made on this website need to be fact checked with credible sources. (9/2/2016) Updated (4/5/2017)

you're such a good NRA shill. next time try posting things that aren't paid for by the gun lobby.

And the gun grabbers should post things that aren't paid for by gun grabbers.

And the gun grabbers should post things that aren't paid for by gun grabbers.

who are gun grabbers, nutty one?

Why is the suicide rate so high in many European nations then?
Are they? They vary in Europe even though the number of guns is low throughout. Some have higher rates, some lower. What would the US rate be if we had no guns? Impossible to know but studies show it would be less.
world%20suicide%20rates%20with%20india%20map.png
If someone wants to kill themselves nothing can stop them. You’re dragging another cultural issue into the mix.

So you're saying we need to get rid of black people, right?
Cuz blacks account for 99 percent of those shootings.
Thanks for illustrating that statistics are made up by racists trying to justify their ignorant hatred.

Attacking the messenger is the expected tactic when you can’t rebutt the data.

Forum List

Back