Comparing Death Rates from Mass Public Shootings and Mass Public Violence in the US and Europe

33,000 sounds like the number that includes suicide. Excluding suicides the number has typically been 8 to 12k (for murders). So the 64% number is probably in the ballpark.

The data posted in the graph is homicides per 1,000,000 people. It doesn't include suicides.
I was reading the commentary that mentioned 33,000 gun deaths. I have not looked at the data in a while but the last time I did I was surprised at how high the number was for suicide by gun death.

So a red flag would not have been thrown up for me if someone said that 64% of gun deaths were suicides.

LMAO This is just hilarious. Hilarious! Such an idiotic RW talking point. Who fed that one to you? Do you wear earphones to bed so Limbaugh and Jones can brainwash you over night? How much money did the NRA give to Trump's election campaign,BTW? They have nothing to do with today's gun culture, do they? How much money is made by the sale of firearms across the country? That has nothing to do with today's gun culture, does it? Why would the NRA give millions of dollars to Repubican politicians? Just to be nice? LOL You're amazing, amazingly stupid.
So, you got nothing useful. Just leftist/female hysteria
Oh, that's great. A sexist attack. That'll prove your point. Got any empirical evidence to back up your oh so intelligent claim that 60s leftists caused the current gun massacres in the United States? Come on, show us how smart you are.

A narrative busting thread using science, not emotions.
You statistics may be true but it’s worth noting that mass shootings make up a tiny portion of America’s firearm deaths, which totaled more than 33,000 in 2014. On average, there is more than one mass shooting for each day in America.

Another way to look at it:
gun_homicides_per_capita.jpg

Yes, add up the murders and Europe has more than the U.S., and over a smaller area to boot, some 40+ to our 29.7, and, we have hundreds of firearms as well,; so much for your lack of math skills and basic perception.

You statistics may be true but it’s worth noting that mass shootings make up a tiny portion of America’s firearm deaths, which totaled more than 33,000 in 2014. On average, there is more than one mass shooting for each day in America.

Yes, add up the murders and Europe has more than the U.S., and over a smaller area to boot, some 40+ to our 29.7, and, we have hundreds of firearms as well,; so much for your lack of math skills and basic perception.
Fuck are you stupid. There has to be some kind of award for you. You don't ADD UP the totals in Europe, you AVERAGE them out. And it's not over a smaller land area, it's PER ONE MILLION people. What a fucking numbskull you are. :lmao:

Fuck are you stupid. There has to be some kind of award for you. You don't ADD UP the totals in Europe, you AVERAGE them out. What a fucking numbskull you are. :lmao:

lol says the moron who can't do simple arithmetic. In other news, Why throw in Australia and New Zealand? Oh yeah, it helps distort the data. My bad.

You idiots can't even pull off even the simplest lies. And, throwing in the number of privately owned firearms compared to Europe, we have a complete rebuttal of the stupid idea we need to disarm honest citizens, unless they're Europeans, who have a larger penchant for murder than Americans.

Last edited:

Fuck are you stupid. There has to be some kind of award for you. You don't ADD UP the totals in Europe, you AVERAGE them out. What a fucking numbskull you are. :lmao:

lol says the moron who can't do simple arithmetic. In other news, Why throw in Australia and New Zealand? Oh yeah, it helps distort the data. My bad.

You idiots can't even pull off even the simplest lies.
It's per 1 million people, it doesn't matter if Canada is listed as well. Or Australia... It doesn't distort anything, they are averages, you don't add them up. Sheesh, go show it to your teacher.

It's per 1 million people, it doesn't matter if Canada is listed as well. Or Australia... It doesn't distort anything, they are averages, you don't add them up. Sheesh, go show it to your teacher.

Nope, it's for comparable regions and demographics, idiot. You're just inept at lying with data, that's all. Now, remove the murders by blacks and latinos from the gross data, for a more accurate demographic picture. That one will really upset your racist spin here.

Nope, it's for comparable regions and demographics, idiot. You're just inept at lying with data, that's all.
So you're saying that Europe as a whole has 40+ per million people? :cuckoo:

So if every state in the US has 29.7 do you multiply it by 50 to get the total for the US?

I was reading the commentary that mentioned 33,000 gun deaths. I have not looked at the data in a while but the last time I did I was surprised at how high the number was for suicide by gun death.

So a red flag would not have been thrown up for me if someone said that 64% of gun deaths were suicides.

Yes, it is true. About 2/3s of all gun deaths in the US are suicides. But it is also true that the US leads the developed world in the rate of gun homicides by a wide margin.

Yes, it is true. About 2/3s of all gun deaths in the US are suicides. But it is also true that the US leads the developed world in the rate of gun homicides by a wide margin.
And?

Do you know how the data compares if you normalize the data for ethnicity?

Nope, it's for comparable regions and demographics, idiot. You're just inept at lying with data, that's all.

So if every state in the US has 29.7 do you multiply it by 50 to get the total for the US?

This moron is claiming the U.S. has a higher murder rat,e yet his data is just ridiculously off; that's because the poster is too stupid to even look up the population of western Europe, which is only some 200 million people, and yet his own data shows that only counting those countries in western Europe they have nearly the same or more murders than the U.S., depending on which of this moron's lousy data one chooses to use. lol they just mindlessly accept whatever BS their Hive tells them to, and equally mindlessly repeat it.

What an idiot. Definitely socially promoted through grade school.

This moron is claiming the U.S. has a higher murder rat,e yet his data is just ridiculously off; that's because the poster is too stupid to even look up the population of western Europe, which is only some 200 million people, and yet his own data shows that only counting those countries in western Europe they have nearly the same or more murders than the U.S., depending on which of this moron's lousy data one chooses to use. lol they just mindlessly accept whatever BS their Hive tells them to, and equally mindlessly repeat it.

I'll try to explain it one more time. Those are AVERAGES, you DON'T add them up. You average them out, meaning the US has more per million people than Europe does, around 4 times more. But I know, you won't get it.

I'll try to explain it one more time. Those are AVERAGES, you DON'T add them up. You average them out, meaning the US has more per million people than Europe does, around 4 times more. But I know, you won't get it.

This moron still doesn't get that his data is total crap. lol lol lol Western Europe is actually some 130 million people smaller in population than the U.S., and his own numbers show a murder rate much ihigher than the U.S.'s. This is too funny. I bet it comes back and triples down On Stupid.

This moron still doesn't get that his data is total crap. lol lol lol Western Europe is actually some 130 million people smaller in population than the U.S., and his own numbers show a murder rate much ihigher than the U.S.'s. This is too funny. I bet it comes back and triples down On Stupid.
^^^^^^^^
moron.jpg.jpg

And >64% of those...were suicide.
64% of gun deaths in U.S. are suicides - Futurity

The data says homicides, not gun deaths.

Suicides are not considered homicides in the data.
Fair enough.

Do you know how the data compares if you normalize the data for ethnicity?

This site has some real data in this article, from 2012 data; the percentages vary from year to year but not by much.

Us Crime in Black & White by YouPplAreNuts - Infogram

As anybody can see, the data for U.S. demographics comparable to Europe's doesn't support the idiotic claims made by Taz. There are roughly 208 million whites in the U.S., close to western Europe's population of around 200 million. Taz's numbers are total fantasy. They're deliberate lies intended to cover up the giant elephant in the room, which is that disarming white gun owners is the goal, not any rubbish about 'Protecting The Children'. If that were the real case, these gimps would be screaming for crackdowns in black neighborhoods; they don't, they only scream for disarming honest white citizens with legally owned firearms, despite the facts they aren't even remotely the problem.. Just the vast differences in arrests for carrying weapons between blacks and every other demographic tells where the real problems with guns is, and it isn't AR-15's in the hands of Evul Rayciss Whitey. The number of interracial murders is quite clear on who is the most committed to committing hate crimes. It ain't 'nazis', not even close.

Last edited:
go back and read the 5th and 14th amendments to verify that you are incorrect
No, I am correct.

indeed you are not
Indeed I am or you would have posted the relevant parts.

i already did the 5th and 14th amendment makes it clear you are wrong

so i am not going to go around and and with you on something the SC has settled years ago

you can have the last word of all i care
You need to quote the relevant parts and add a link if you want me to check something out. And after nearly 30,000 (!!!) posts you should have figured that out by now. Oh well, at least NOW you know. You're welcome.

educate yourself i am sick of trolls like you who are too lazy

i told the 5th and 14th amendments say you are wrong

as well as the SC

No, I am correct.

indeed you are not
Indeed I am or you would have posted the relevant parts.

i already did the 5th and 14th amendment makes it clear you are wrong

so i am not going to go around and and with you on something the SC has settled years ago

you can have the last word of all i care
You need to quote the relevant parts and add a link if you want me to check something out. And after nearly 30,000 (!!!) posts you should have figured that out by now. Oh well, at least NOW you know. You're welcome.

educate yourself i am sick of trolls like you who are too lazy

i told the 5th and 14th amendments say you are wrong

as well as the SC
Ok, so you have nothing. Got it.

Forum List

Back