Comparing the AR with other Legal Firearms

Gee maybe it's just that it happens to be the most popular rifle in the fucking country?

That's about as intelligent as asking why the Ford F150 is the most stolen car in the US ( because it's the most popular car in the US is the answer in case you couldn't figure that out either)

This according to the NRA whom I find pads the truth quite a bit. For instance, claiming that the Model 762 Colt is still in production.

The Mini-14 outsells the AR-15 and it's variants.

The Ruger 10/22 has sold millions more rifles than the ARs. MOST households that have guns will have a copy of the 10/22.

Sale of the Ruger 10/22 is estimated at over 7 million but it's also purchased as kits and parts and get assembled that way. There is no way of knowing the actual number but it should exceed 10 million easy. The 10/22 Ruger is still in production and has been in production since 1964. And almost any family arsenal will have at least 1 Ruger 10/22. That means that almost 50% of all homes has at least one. How many kids start out with an AR versus how many starts out with a 10/22?

The AR and all it's variants (according to the NRA) is somewhere between 5 to 10 million. Most homes with the AR will have more than one which means that the Ruger 10/22 wins hands down. I can go to almost any pawn shop and find their shelves loaded with various AR clones. And believe it or not, the AR costs less than the 10/22 today. The popularity of the 10/22 plus the quality keeps the price up and the sales high.

Stop lying, gunnutters.

This according to the NRA whom I find pads the truth quite a bit. For instance, claiming that the Model 762 Colt is still in production.

The Ruger 10/22 has sold millions more rifles than the ARs. MOST households that have guns will have a copy of the 10/22.

Sale of the Ruger 10/22 is estimated at over 7 million but it's also purchased as kits and parts and get assembled that way. There is no way of knowing the actual number but it should exceed 10 million easy. The 10/22 Ruger is still in production and has been in production since 1964. And almost any family arsenal will have at least 1 Ruger 10/22. That means that almost 50% of all homes has at least one. How many kids start out with an AR versus how many starts out with a 10/22?

The AR and all it's variants (according to the NRA) is somewhere between 5 to 10 million. Most homes with the AR will have more than one which means that the Ruger 10/22 wins hands down. I can go to almost any pawn shop and find their shelves loaded with various AR clones. And believe it or not, the AR costs less than the 10/22 today. The popularity of the 10/22 plus the quality keeps the price up and the sales high.

Stop lying, gunnutters.

Uh huh.

No, regulate it. For one, the courts won't allow the banning but they will allow regulation where Every Citizen in good standings can purchase one with the proper credentials.
It's just another semiautomatic rifle. no more or less lethal than any other.

Must you keep whining about it?

So then you know that a semi auto sports rifle that shoots a 5.56/223 is no more dangerous than one with a wood stock.

Hell, you didn’t even know and out the new Army rifle replacing the M4 and the 5.56.

It's not the stock that makes the AR so lethal. It's the continuous fire with almost zero impact on your shoulder plus the speed of changing the Mags. That makes the AR able to do continuous fire for about 120 rounds (more if you have more Mags) than anything short of a SMG that is belt fed.

It's just another semiautomatic rifle. no more or less lethal than any other.

Must you keep whining about it?

Your life is just about to end since you have placed so much of it protecting your AR. Look around you. The Courts have tipped and are not taking the buyoffs from the NRA these days.

Stop lying, gunnutters.

It's not the stock that makes the AR so lethal. It's the continuous fire with almost zero impact on your shoulder plus the speed of changing the Mags. That makes the AR able to do continuous fire for about 120 rounds (more if you have more Mags) than anything short of a SMG that is belt fed.
Doesn’t fire any faster than any other 5.56/223 semi auto rifle.

What the fuck are you talking about?

So what kind of semiautomatic rifles can they operate?

And didn't you just say that you knew that an AR 15 is functionally no different than any other semiautomatic rifles?

So just be honest and say you want to ban all semiautomatic rifles.

And did you know that more people are killed annually with knives than with rifles of any kind? Seems to me you're whining about the wrong weapons

No, just the AR. We need to break the AR Cult which you are part of and so is every wannabe mass shooting record holder in the Unites States especially in the Red Stats. We target just the AR and regulate it's use, sales and storage. People that are licensed are NOT going to be Mass Shooters.

Your life is just about to end since you have placed so much of it protecting your AR. Look around you. The Courts have tipped and are not taking the buyoffs from the NRA these days.

I don't even own an AR so I guess your ASSumptions didn't work for you huh?

The AR is no different than any other semiautomatic rifle no matter how much you want to claim that it is.

No, just the AR. We need to break the AR Cult which you are part of and so is every wannabe mass shooting record holder in the Unites States especially in the Red Stats. We target just the AR and regulate it's use, sales and storage. People that are licensed are NOT going to be Mass Shooters.

And then the next gun of choice and then the next gun of choice and then the next gun of choice after that

your position is ill conceived ill considered and just plain ridiculous.

Wow, one in 20 every household owns at least one AR-15 or Variant yet the Ruger 10/22 has almost 50% of ALL homes having one.

I guess we need to count the ARs in the Pawnshops that they can't give away. Just in the two pawn shops within a block of here, each one has at least 7 ARs that they can't move. And they are cheap, real cheap. When a Ruger 10/22 hits a pawnshop, it lasts just a matter of an hour before it goes out the door and the 10/22 will cost more. I don't know who is coming up with these figures (yes I do, the NRA is selling their butts off) but reality differs.

Last edited:
I don't even own an AR so I guess your ASSumptions didn't work for you huh?

The AR is no different than any other semiautomatic rifle no matter how much you want to claim that it is.

Shot for shot, no,it's no better than any other semiauto 223. But when you decide to shoot up a crowd of people the AR will fire and reload almost 3 times faster than the normal "Hunting" rifle. The AR is designed for combat where a scared shitless 18 year old is being overrun. It's the best tool out there for combat. And if you think a Mass Shooter is doing anything other than Combat then you are insane.

And then the next gun of choice and then the next gun of choice and then the next gun of choice after that

your position is ill conceived ill considered and just plain ridiculous.

It's not the 3rd or 4th choice of guns that are doing the high body counts. It's the AR and the AR all by itself. Your reasoning is insane.

Shot for shot, no,it's no better than any other semiauto 223. But when you decide to shoot up a crowd of people the AR will fire and reload almost 3 times faster than the normal "Hunting" rifle.
This is nonsense, there are a plethora of other semi-auto rifles and pistols that can kill just as many people in the same amount of time. And they ain't considered to be assault weapons either. And here's the thing: deaths from mass shootings are a small % of gun violence deaths, far more are suicides with guns that are NOT AR-15s or any other assault weapon. And on top of that, the number of gun violence deaths is a small % of deaths in this country from other means (knives, etc.).

So you think mass shootings will end by banning black semi autos.

You’re an idiot.

Forum List

Back