Concealed carry gun owner in store stops three robbers...no shots fired,they run...

So..three robbers go to a convenience store to rob it......a concealed carry permit holder, with a gun stops the robbery and the robbers...all 3 of them run out of the store.......no shots fired, no one is shot, injured or killed.. One vs. 3 and the 3 ran.

now we are constantly told this does not happen...that in fact this never happens...when it happens all the time each and every day....

no robbery actually happened..so no statistic for this crime.....no one was shot...so no statistic for this crime.........

but it happened...a crime was stopped...before it became an actual crime.

[CCW IN ACTION] Armed Robbers Beat Feet After Concealed Carrier Draws Gun

NEWPORT NEWS, VIRGINIA — A concealed carrier waiting in line at a convenience store was rudely interrupted by three robbers, of which at least one was armed. According to WAVY, the three robbers walked up to the counter. One of them drew his handgun and they all announced they were committing a robbery.

Why else would they rush into a store and hold a gun pointed at the register?

“Excuse me, ladies and gentlemen, we would now like to perform a three part ballet performance for your viewing pleasure. Please don’t mind the hooded man with a gun in his hand.”

That’d never happen.

Anyhow, the concealed carrier drew his own personal handgun for self-defense. All three robbers immediately went racing out of the store.

It won’t always end so nicely but for today, let’s be thankful there was someone ready to defend himself and others.

Police believe all three suspects also match the description for a series of robberies occurring in nearby towns. From the surveillance footage, police were able to identify distinct clothing and shoes which may help lead to an arrest. Newport News police are working in conjunction with those other towns to try to identify the criminals and bring them to justice.

Just to the right of that story at your link was a link to another story about a cc civilian interrupting an armed robbery;

"LAS VEGAS, NEVADA — As reported by 8 News Now in Las Vegas, an armed, law-abiding citizen was critically shot trying to intervene in an armed robbery in progress at a local gas station convenience store. According to the news report, the man exchanged gunfire with the robber before the robber fled the scene. It’s unknown whether the robber was hit or not but Las Vegas police are still on the look-out for the suspect.
There’s a critical disconnect, though, on behalf of authorities and gun carriers as what the proper course of action would have been. On one hand, the armed robber was not directly threatening the victim. On the other hand, the armed robber was in the process of committing a violent felony. Depending on state law’s definition of authorization of deadly force, that man would have been justified in applying it to that armed robber.
While we can sit here idly and discuss the ramifications of what one man decided to do to stand up to violent crime, ultimately it comes down to this: if you draw down on an armed criminal, you’re risking your life. All life is a risk. There’s no guarantees. We all die eventually. If you see a violent, armed criminal robbing someone else, you’re absolutely free to walk on by. That said, if you decide to turn and face that thug, you get to pay the consequences.
Success is never guaranteed.
It’s also one of the reasons why police usually urge civilians to stay put and comply with armed criminals".

The sentence in that story I bolded is non-committal, basically meaningless but I don't have any doubt if the citizen would have killed the robber, under Nevada law it would have been deemed a justifiable homicide.

Gee, supposedly this happens 5,000+ times an hour; every hour of every day of every week of every month of every year and has done so since 1992.

There's 1 story!

And the weak will be the slaves of the strong...just like when there were no gun at all for anyone.
Nope. People in countries with strict gun control are slaves? Not a chance. They have attorneys and laws to protect them, they don't need guns.

Tell that to the Mexicans murdered by the drug cartels and their government allies, the 12 million people murdered by the Germans in Europe, handed over by their own governments, the Rwandans murdered with machetes, 800,000 of them by their government and their militia allies.....

Mass murder, genocide and ethnic cleansing only happen to unarmed people......

The Swiss stopped germany from invading because they were armed and ready to fight........

don't forget 1.5 million Armenians who were door to door dissarmed before they were slaughtered and driven out. History proves you right. There are just those people who believe that we are too "enlightened" to ever repeat those bad things. What they don't realize is that human nature hasn't changed much and always lies just under the surface

These guys complied 2 times, on 2 different occasions to the same robbers...and the second time was the charm...they both died....

Police: Scottsdale murder suspect robbed victims 2 weeks before

A Scottsdale man accused of fatally shooting two men at their apartment complex had also robbed the victims with a gun two weeks before, court documents allege.

Michael Anthony Aston, 20, of Scottsdale, was arrested Friday in the Nov. 9 slayings of 24-year-old Martin Ellison and 22-year-old Keaton Litke at Hayden Park Apartments, near Thomas and Hayden roads.

A 17-year-old was also arrested, but his name is being withheld because he is a minor.

Aston is facing two counts of second-degree murder and 10 counts of armed robbery with a deadly weapon, all felonies, stemming from the homicides and the robbery, as well as at least one other armed robbery, court documents released Monday said.

Police were dispatched to the apartment complex Nov. 9 in response to a report of shots fired, according to a probable-cause statement from the Scottsdale Police Department. Upon arrival, they found that Litke had been shot twice and Ellison once, and both victims had blunt-force trauma to their heads.

paint doesn't give a damn about those people, he just wants to be right and win the debate
That's because I am right, most robbers would never kill.

Want to survive a rape, lay back and try to enjoy it. Want to survive a robbery, hand it over. It's math.

Lets get this straight, so you trust MOST ROBBERS with guns,, hmm so most of them have good judgement, they would almost never kill according to you.
Its just those law abiding citizens with carry permits your worried about. You deride them as "John Waynes" well you seem to have a sense of respect for these people who hold others up at gunpoint. I haven't seen you say one bad thing about the animals and criminals who use guns yet. But you sure have a lot to say about the rest of us. Personally, I don't carry, and keep my guns locked away. its my choice and thats your choice as well. But everyone is different. Im all for making sure gun owners are properly trained if they want to carry

Gee, supposedly this happens 5,000+ times an hour; every hour of every day of every week of every month of every year and has done so since 1992.

There's 1 story!

Tell that to obama and bill clinton.........and the other gun grabbing researchers who looked at defensive gun use by American Citizens....I will highlight their studies for you...

I just averaged the studies......which were conducted by different researchers, from both private and public researchers, over a period of 40 years looking specifically at guns and self defense....the name of the researcher is first, then the year then the number of times they determined guns were used for self defense......notice how many of them there are and how many of them were done by gun grabbers like the clinton Justice Dept. and the obama CDC

And these aren't all of the studies either...there are more...and they support the ones below.....

A quick guide to the studies and the numbers.....the full lay out of what was studied by each study is in the links....
GunCite-Gun Control-How Often Are Guns Used in Self-Defense

GunCite Frequency of Defensive Gun Use in Previous Surveys

Field...1976....3,052,717 ( no cops, military)
DMIa 1978...2,141,512 ( no cops, military)
L.A. TIMES...1994...3,609,68 ( no cops, military)
Kleck......1994...2.5 million ( no cops, military)

Obama's CDC....2013....500,000--3million

--------------------

Bordua...1977...1,414,544

DMIb...1978...1,098,409 ( no cops, military)

Hart...1981...1.797,461 ( no cops, military)

Mauser...1990...1,487,342 ( no cops, military)

Gallup...1993...1,621,377 ( no cops, military)

DEPT. OF JUSTICE...1994...1.5 million ( the bill clinton study)

Journal of Quantitative Criminology--- 989,883 times per year."

(Based on survey data from a 2000 study published in the Journal of Quantitative Criminology,[17] U.S. civilians use guns to defend themselves and others from crime at least 989,883 times per year.[18])

Paper: "Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment." By David McDowall and others. Journal of Quantitative Criminology, March 2000. Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment - Springer

-------------------------------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Tarrance... 1994... 764,036 (no cops, military)

Lawerence Southwich Jr. 400,000 fewer violent crimes and at least 800,000 violent crimes deterred..
If you take the studies from that Kleck cites in his paper, 16 of them....and you only average the ones that exclude military and police shootings..the average becomes 2 million...I use those studies because I have the details on them...and they are still 10 studies (including Kleck's)....

There's 1 story!

Tell that to obama and bill clinton.........and the other gun grabbing researchers who looked at defensive gun use by American Citizens....I will highlight their studies for you...

I just averaged the studies......which were conducted by different researchers, from both private and public researchers, over a period of 40 years looking specifically at guns and self defense....the name of the researcher is first, then the year then the number of times they determined guns were used for self defense......notice how many of them there are and how many of them were done by gun grabbers like the clinton Justice Dept. and the obama CDC

And these aren't all of the studies either...there are more...and they support the ones below.....

A quick guide to the studies and the numbers.....the full lay out of what was studied by each study is in the links....

--------------------

(Based on survey data from a 2000 study published in the Journal of Quantitative Criminology,[17] U.S. civilians use guns to defend themselves and others from crime at least 989,883 times per year.[18])

Paper: "Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment." By David McDowall and others. Journal of Quantitative Criminology, March 2000. Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment - Springer

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Lawerence Southwich Jr. 400,000 fewer violent crimes and at least 800,000 violent crimes deterred..
If you take the studies from that Kleck cites in his paper, 16 of them....and you only average the ones that exclude military and police shootings..the average becomes 2 million...I use those studies because I have the details on them...and they are still 10 studies (including Kleck's)....

Cherry pick supportive data and cook it at 350 for 30 minutes. Serve piping hot so the smoke from the steaming pile of dung will obscure what you did.

Earlier I asked the readers to say a silent prayer for the victims of Sandy Hook and the "responsible" gun owner whose guns killed 20 kids.

During that silent prayer, you didn't hear any gunfire from the supposed 5,000+ defensive uses. Right?

Tell me, did your cell phone go off with anyone you know calling to tell you they fended off a criminal? Any text messages about such an exploit? No?

Tomorrow when you go to work, ask if anyone needed to blast away someone over the weekend. Chances are none of them (nor anyone they know) did either.

There's 1 story!

--------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Cherry pick supportive data and cook it at 350 for 30 minutes. Serve piping hot so the smoke from the steaming pile of dung will obscure what you did.

Earlier I asked the readers to say a silent prayer for the victims of Sandy Hook and the "responsible" gun owner whose guns killed 20 kids.

During that silent prayer, you didn't hear any gunfire from the supposed 5,000+ defensive uses. Right?

Tell me, did your cell phone go off with anyone you know calling to tell you they fended off a criminal? Any text messages about such an exploit? No?

Tomorrow when you go to work, ask if anyone needed to blast away someone over the weekend. Chances are none of them (nor anyone they know) did either.

Since you are a little slow….actually…really slow….here are the numbers again……actual research over 40 years of actually studying the issue of guns used for self defense, across disciplines of sociology, criminology, and economics from both government agencies studying the topic and private researchers studying the topic……many of them anti gun activists who wanted to disprove the numbers of other studies…only to find that the numbers were very high…even in the studies they created…..

--------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Forum List

Back