Concern grows over half empty stadiums in Santa Clara.comedy gold.lol

I could have told those idiots this is what was going to happen if they moved them out of SF.:rolleyes::rofl::rofl::rofl::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::haha::haha::haha::haha:

The San Francisco 49ers said their home game against the Buccaneers was 100 percent sold out, but video taken at Levi's Stadium shows nearly half the seats were empty.
Concern grows over half empty stadium during 49ers game

LOOK: Levi's Stadium is almost empty for Buccaneers-49ers game
:biggrin:

If they dont come to their senses quick about moving the Warriors out of Oakland into SF,the same thing will happen there as well.count on it. San Francisco doesnt have the passionate loyal fans in basketball that they have in Oakland.That will be a major mistake if they follow through on that foolish plan.

Oh and for the people who think that the Niners winning will make a difference? better think again.:biggrin:
Through the whole decade of the 2000's when they were horrible and had losing season after losing season they ALWAYS packed them in at candlestick.

Even if they would turn things around next year and be superbowl contenders,they would have the same exact same problem the Raiders had when they moved to LA.

The year the Raiders won the superbowl out in LA,the next season at their home opener they only had a small tiny crowd of just over 45,000 for their home opener.The Oakland Raiders might have won a superbowl out there in LA but nobody cared.:lmao::lmao::rofl:

The REASON nobody cared? was because LA is obviously Rams country.:biggrin:

This informative article says it all below how even when the niners were terrible at candlestick they packed them in and sold out.:thup:

This is not a dis to SF 49er fans... But its something that needs to be said that touches on an issue that goes beyond football.. I was watching the Point After TV show and was hearing the commentators and fans they interviewed talk about how the vibe of the 49ers and their new stadium is very corporate.. They complained that family feel is gone and now they have half empty stadiums even before the game starts..

Before the move to Silicon Valley, win or lose Candlestick was sold out-always..

'Corporate' is a nice way of saying gentrification..As a Raider fan, one thing one could say and had to respect.. When you went into SF and down to Candlestick, you could feel the vibe of hardcore do or die fans who would ride for their team.. That is gone and we should all watch carefully whats gone on with Levi Stadium bc that's not coming back..

As was noted in the broadcast, the owners opted to go get that new tech money vs old time family working class money.. What they got is a uncommitted, fair weather, status seeking fan who treats the 49er games as background to other activities vs folks who had he team as a tradition and damn near a rite of passage..

Nowadays many of the true fans have been priced out.. and totally inconvenienced to even getting to the new billion dollar stadium.. Sports is a communal thing... But we have owners who think its an individual one sided affair, where branding trumps skill set..

What is happening with the 49ers should be a warning as to what may happen to the Warriors when they leave for pricier gigs and a city where most of its residents have been unceremoniously displaced and priced out..

This may and probably will happen to the Raiders if they leave..
The lesson we should all learn is that gentrification leads to sterility..Sure money may exchange hands for a moment, but it soon dies out.. why? because there are no roots and no true anchor..the reason why Kaepernick's protest generated excitement, was because his actions were related to diehard Niner fans who been ignored and priced out..

We often joked about 49er fans being brie cheese eaters.. Sadly Jed York and his crew abandoned die hard 49er Faithfuls to capture real life brie cheese wine sipping elites.

May we all learn from this.. Salute to the true 49er fans who were royally screwed over by corporate gentrifying greed..As BB King once noted The Thrill is Gone..

s/o Sarah Allen Vicki Meade Martin G. Reynolds Rommel RomeDigs Reyes Chaney Turner George Galvis Chali Bay Christina 'Krea' Gomez:up:

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:
Thanks for a comprehensive and well thought out post. Some quick comments
  • I had season tickets at Kezar and the Stick
  • At the stick some of those in our row came to every game from Reno
  • Another group came from Sacramento, and two guys came from Redding
  • I have not gone to a game at Levi Stadium and never will
  • All of those I mentioned above gave up their tickets, as did I
  • Not only do I blame ownership for the empty seat, I blame them because they put the working class loyal fans facing the sun for the entire game. The shade protects the 1% ers.\
  • I've given up watching pro football, the game is now played by three sides, the home team, the visiting team and the team which pollutes the field with penalty flags on nearly every F'n play.
  • In summary, F the NFL, I'd rather support the CAL Bears.
  • One thing I will miss, when in LA during football season my wife and I would attend a Niner away game at the San Francisco Saloon. It is in West LA or Santa Monica (I usually get lost once I leave the freeway) and has great burgers, great fries, great beers and great fans, all decked out in Red and Gold.
and thank you for this informative post as well.:thup:
Yeah if it were not for the Rams being back in LA,I would have no interest in NFL football whatsoever. The owners have really ruined the game.Despite the fact that most Viking fans wanted an outdoor stadium they still went ahead and built another fucking indoor stadium.fuck the NFL.

It used to make no difference to me who played on monday night football,I would always watch it,never do anymore though.If its not the Rams i have no interest in the game.

Last year was the first time i missed the superbowl.will never watch another one again the fact that cheatriots have tained the sport with their cheating and all the other owners wont do anything about it.they dont care just as long as they all profit,they dont care about winning.

I pretty much myself am resigned to watching just OLD NFL games from yesteryear.I collect and buy old games from the past the game is so corrupt now with owners not caring about tradition leaving the SF area like they did.the fact the NFL allowed this to happen does not surprise me a bit.

Now you know how I felt when the Rams left LA.I lost complete interest in the NFL after that. It was travesty of justice they ever allowed the Rams to leave LA in the first place. To let a team leave the second biggest market in the country for some hicktown in dogpatch USA,what a fucking sick joke.:mad:

Good decision never to go to a game at Levi stadium.:thup: I would do the same thing.they left you and said "fuck you san francisco" so fuck them.

yeah I know many niner fans in SF same as you and those other people you described who wont go to a game in santa clara either.If people think it will be any different if they become superbowl contenders,they are in for a rude awakening.

as that link showed,the niner faithful in SF,even in the lean years when they were terrible,they sold out all the time. Even if they became superbowl contenders next year they will have the same thing happening there that the Raiders experienced in LA when they won the superbowl and were great, half empty stadiums because nobody in LA cared about the Raiders,they were never embraced there. Same is happening with the niners with THOUSANDS of fans just like you who will never attend a game there again.:thup:

I myself know a dozen or so former niner fans that have turned to the raiders as a result of the team leaving them.

I could have told those idiots this is what was going to happen if they moved them out of SF.:rolleyes::rofl::rofl::rofl::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::haha::haha::haha::haha:

The San Francisco 49ers said their home game against the Buccaneers was 100 percent sold out, but video taken at Levi's Stadium shows nearly half the seats were empty.

If they dont come to their senses quick about moving the Warriors out of Oakland into SF,the same thing will happen there as well.count on it. San Francisco doesnt have the passionate loyal fans in basketball that they have in Oakland.That will be a major mistake if they follow through on that foolish plan.

Oh and for the people who think that the Niners winning will make a difference? better think again.:biggrin:
Through the whole decade of the 2000's when they were horrible and had losing season after losing season they ALWAYS packed them in at candlestick.

Even if they would turn things around next year and be superbowl contenders,they would have the same exact same problem the Raiders had when they moved to LA.

The year the Raiders won the superbowl out in LA,the next season at their home opener they only had a small tiny crowd of just over 45,000 for their home opener.The Oakland Raiders might have won a superbowl out there in LA but nobody cared.:lmao::lmao::rofl:

This informative article says it all below how even when the niners were terrible at candlestick they packed them in and sold out.:thup:

This is not a dis to SF 49er fans... But its something that needs to be said that touches on an issue that goes beyond football.. I was watching the Point After TV show and was hearing the commentators and fans they interviewed talk about how the vibe of the 49ers and their new stadium is very corporate.. They complained that family feel is gone and now they have half empty stadiums even before the game starts..

Before the move to Silicon Valley, win or lose Candlestick was sold out-always..

'Corporate' is a nice way of saying gentrification..As a Raider fan, one thing one could say and had to respect.. When you went into SF and down to Candlestick, you could feel the vibe of hardcore do or die fans who would ride for their team.. That is gone and we should all watch carefully whats gone on with Levi Stadium bc that's not coming back..

As was noted in the broadcast, the owners opted to go get that new tech money vs old time family working class money.. What they got is a uncommitted, fair weather, status seeking fan who treats the 49er games as background to other activities vs folks who had he team as a tradition and damn near a rite of passage..

Nowadays many of the true fans have been priced out.. and totally inconvenienced to even getting to the new billion dollar stadium.. Sports is a communal thing... But we have owners who think its an individual one sided affair, where branding trumps skill set..

What is happening with the 49ers should be a warning as to what may happen to the Warriors when they leave for pricier gigs and a city where most of its residents have been unceremoniously displaced and priced out..

The lesson we should all learn is that gentrification leads to sterility..Sure money may exchange hands for a moment, but it soon dies out.. why? because there are no roots and no true anchor..the reason why Kaepernick's protest generated excitement, was because his actions were related to diehard Niner fans who been ignored and priced out..

We often joked about 49er fans being brie cheese eaters.. Sadly Jed York and his crew abandoned die hard 49er Faithfuls to capture real life brie cheese wine sipping elites.

May we all learn from this.. Salute to the true 49er fans who were royally screwed over by corporate gentrifying greed..As BB King once noted The Thrill is Gone..

s/o Sarah Allen Vicki Meade Martin G. Reynolds Rommel RomeDigs Reyes Chaney Turner George Galvis Chali Bay Christina 'Krea' Gomez:up:

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:
  • Not only do I blame ownership for the empty seat, I blame them because they put the working class loyal fans facing the sun for the entire game. The shade protects the 1% ers.\
  • I've given up watching pro football, the game is now played by three sides, the home team, the visiting team and the team which pollutes the field with penalty flags on nearly every F'n play.
  • One thing I will miss, when in LA during football season my wife and I would attend a Niner away game at the San Francisco Saloon. It is in West LA or Santa Monica (I usually get lost once I leave the freeway) and has great burgers, great fries, great beers and great fans, all decked out in Red and Gold.
Yeah if it were not for the Rams being back in LA,I would have no interest in NFL football whatsoever. The owners have really ruined the game.Despite the fact that most Viking fans wanted an outdoor stadium they still went ahead and built another fucking indoor stadium.fuck the NFL.

It used to make no difference to me who played on monday night football,I would always watch it,never do anymore though.If its not the Rams i have no interest in the game.

Last year was the first time i missed the superbowl.will never watch another one again the fact that cheatriots have tained the sport with their cheating and all the other owners wont do anything about it.they dont care just as long as they all profit,they dont care about winning.

I pretty much myself am resigned to watching just OLD NFL games from yesteryear.I collect and buy old games from the past the game is so corrupt now with owners not caring about tradition leaving the SF area like they did.the fact the NFL allowed this to happen does not surprise me a bit.

Now you know how I felt when the Rams left LA.I lost complete interest in the NFL after that. It was travesty of justice they ever allowed the Rams to leave LA in the first place. To let a team leave the second biggest market in the country for some hicktown in dogpatch USA,what a fucking sick joke.:mad:

Good decision never to go to a game at Levi stadium.:thup: I would do the same thing.they left you and said "fuck you san francisco" so fuck them.

yeah I know many niner fans in SF same as you and those other people you described who wont go to a game in santa clara either.If people think it will be any different if they become superbowl contenders,they are in for a rude awakening.

as that link showed,the niner faithful in SF,even in the lean years when they were terrible,they sold out all the time. Even if they became superbowl contenders next year they will have the same thing happening there that the Raiders experienced in LA when they won the superbowl and were great, half empty stadiums because nobody in LA cared about the Raiders,they were never embraced there. Same is happening with the niners with THOUSANDS of fans just like you who will never attend a game there again.:thup:

I myself know a dozen or so former niner fans that have turned to the raiders as a result of the team leaving them.

I've actually had the Raiders game on TV these past weeks, Carr is exciting and Del Rio coaches like it's still the 50's or 60's, but my interests wane every time I see a zebra toss a flag.

I've actually had the Raiders game on TV these past weeks, Carr is exciting and Del Rio coaches like it's still the 50's or 60's, but my interests wane every time I see a zebra toss a flag.

yeah these games are so rigged,the refs have ruined it so badly with outright horrible calls that took the game away from them.a couple years ago in a game with the cowboys and lions,the refs threw the flag at a cowboys defender for an OBVIOUS pass interference penalty,THEN they picked it up and said there was no foul.WTF?:mad: EVERYBODY in the country saw it was the correct call,he was all over him mugging him. Reminded me of that BS tuck rule game as easily the worst call in NFL playoff history.In both those games those two horrible calls cost the visiting team the game.I am so sick and tired of these criminal home town refs being in the pockets for the home team and not going to jail which they should be for their criminal activities.:mad: the NFL is every bit as corrupt as our government is.fuck them.

I agree with much of what you've said, and to dovetail on it, I had Season Tickets until I moved to the East Bay in 1975. Before that I went to most games at Kezar (1956 until they moved to the Stick in 1970), I went to the last game at Kezar, they first of three playoff games against the Cowboys); but marriage, two kids, a cat and a mini van made attending a game a low priority. As the kids grew and my friends still has Season tickets I was able to take one of the family - my wife only went for the tailgate - to about half of the home games.

The tailgates grew, our group expanded and contracted as we parked in the same spot as did others we met over the years. All of that was ignored by York, and very few of the long time supporters paid what York wanted, and he is suffering the result. The last couple of years some former fans have hired a plane to tow a sign, "Fire Jed York", which I've been told is met by applause at each pass over the stadium

I disagree that SF won't be successful for the Dubs. Remember, they were the San Francisco Warriors and played at USF and the Cow Palace - one to small, the other way to big before moving to the new arena in Oakland. I don't know if you've been to AT&T, but the area is now a go to spot for foodies and baseball fans, the new Warrior Stadium is a short distance away from the Giants home field and in the newly developed High Tec and medical centers have residential areas (dog patch for one) with restaurants, bars, parks and public transportation. The new arena, the Chase Center, will be on the bay's shore as is AT&T:

Yahoo - login

And the piers to the left I understand will bring fans by Ferry from Marin, Solano and Alameda Counties; there is even talk of more Ferry terminals on the Bay Side of San Mateo & Santa Clara and further up the Carquinez Straight to Contra Costa County.

I agree with much of what you've said, and to dovetail on it, I had Season Tickets until I moved to the East Bay in 1975. Before that I went to most games at Kezar (1956 until they moved to the Stick in 1970), I went to the last game at Kezar, they first of three playoff games against the Cowboys); but marriage, two kids, a cat and a mini van made attending a game a low priority. As the kids grew and my friends still has Season tickets I was able to take one of the family - my wife only went for the tailgate - to about half of the home games.

The tailgates grew, our group expanded and contracted as we parked in the same spot as did others we met over the years. All of that was ignored by York, and very few of the long time supporters paid what York wanted, and he is suffering the result. The last couple of years some former fans have hired a plane to tow a sign, "Fire Jed York", which I've been told is met by applause at each pass over the stadium

I disagree that SF won't be successful for the Dubs. Remember, they were the San Francisco Warriors and played at USF and the Cow Palace - one to small, the other way to big before moving to the new arena in Oakland. I don't know if you've been to AT&T, but the area is now a go to spot for foodies and baseball fans, the new Warrior Stadium is a short distance away from the Giants home field and in the newly developed High Tec and medical centers have residential areas (dog patch for one) with restaurants, bars, parks and public transportation. The new arena, the Chase Center, will be on the bay's shore as is AT&T:

Yahoo - login

And the piers to the left I understand will bring fans by Ferry from Marin, Solano and Alameda Counties; there is even talk of more Ferry terminals on the Bay Side of San Mateo & Santa Clara and further up the Carquinez Straight to Contra Costa County.

yeah now that you bring those points up you're probably right that SF will be successful with the dubs there. One thing that cant be denied though is if the raiders go to vegas they will have the SAME problem the niners are in santa clara with half empty seats nobody will be able to afford.vegas is the most poor city in the country,nobody will be able to afford those pricey PSL seat licences.:rolleyes:

I know many oakland fans that have dumped their season tickets so they will never support them. I dont think the move is going to happen though is it was reported briefly by the media but you have not heard a peep since and thats because they are being smart keeping it quiet but the city of oakland has filed a lawsuit against the NFL because they have broken all NFL relocation rules.matter of fact the corrupt NFL is going to have a major headache on their hands pretty soon because all cities,san diego,oakland and st louis have filed lawsuits against them.:up:

The NFL is knee deep in shit now because there are MANY people around the country that are NFL fans who dont even like the Raiders who are upset about this besides myself. Tom Hanks and Clint Eastwood were "OAKLAND" Raider fans,thye grew up in Oakland.they only supported the OAKLAND Raiders.they never liked them when they were in LA.

they have said they are going to boycott the NFL.thats just two well known celebritys,theres dozens of them as well.:thup:

Oakland and SD have a VERY VERY rock solid case against the NFL to retain their team names and logo.:thup: the city of st louis violated the terms of their agreement so THEY are just suing for money owned to them for lying about trying to stay when it was clear they never had any intention to stay.

either way i am done with the NFL and I am turning to college football and have embraced the UCLA Bruins.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back