Concerns over dumping Obamacare growing among GOP lawmakers

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
As I have said from the start, no matter how bad is Obamacare it is never ever going away. What program that the government has started has ever gone away? Especially one where the government controls so much of the money. Those who voted for Trump thinking he would repeal Obamacare, sorry you will be disappointed. Those who have acted like they were scared he would, you were just lying.

The Hospitals, doctors, and insurance providers are still becoming rich, so nothing is going to change.

Does anyone know the stat for the difference between treatment at a VA hospital and the treatment at a private hospital?

what are you going to replace obamacare with? youve had 8 years to think of something you still got nothing?....

maybe you should just admit to yourselves that you dont really give a shit about the affordable healthcare act and you were really just pissed obama was black but were too scared and embarrassed to say it...

This is a discussion that's been going back and forth since Trump won the nomination. Nobody knows what they are going to do. To be honest, I don't know if they know what they are going to do.

In any case, we won't know anything until after Trump gets warmed up in the White House and decides what direction he would like to go in, as well as what direction Congress wishes to go in.

For the last few years I've been saying the GOP was partially to blame for the pig of a law that is the ACA, because they never provided America with a clear & specific alternative.

That's when they would jump and in say "of COURSE we've provided a clear & specific alternative, YOU just don't know what it IS".

And now that the ball is in their court they're starting to poop themselves.

Maybe I haven't been wrong AFTER all, huh?

what are you going to replace obamacare with? youve had 8 years to think of something you still got nothing?....

maybe you should just admit to yourselves that you dont really give a shit about the affordable healthcare act and you were really just pissed obama was black but were too scared and embarrassed to say it...
It's going to be replaced by the free market. The healthcare industry should operate like any other industry in America.

For the last few years I've been saying the GOP was partially to blame for the pig of a law that is the ACA, because they never provided America with a clear & specific alternative.

And because they did everything they could to sabotage and cripple the law so that it could never work the way it was supposed to.

And because they did everything they could to sabotage and cripple the law so that it could never work the way it was supposed to.
How did they "sabotage and cripple the law?" The Dims didn't need a single Republican vote to pass it. They had free reign to do whatever they wanted.

It's going to be replaced by the free market. The healthcare industry should operate like any other industry in America.
Worked for me and my family for over 50 years. Still is.

Wrong. There are very good ideas of what to replace the Obamacare disaster with. The GOP twice proposed them but the Demicrats either shelved them or shot them down.

How did they "sabotage and cripple the law?" The Dims didn't need a single Republican vote to pass it. They had free reign to do whatever they wanted.
First Democrats compromised a lot in the original law, a mistake that has come back to bite them in the has. Republicans have filed lawsuit after lawsuit, blocked funding for higher risk customers (the biggest reason premiums are up), and States have punished their citizens by refusing federal funding for the law and refusing to participate.

I wouldn't be surprised if Trump kept almost all of the ACA, forced republicans and republican run states to cooperate, and then brags about Trumpcare in a few years.

They are just going to repeal it and own the aftermath, what else can they do at this point? They have so poisoned the health care debate with their bullshit that now they must repeal and accept the expense, suffering and deaths that will be on their heads.

As I have said from the start, no matter how bad is Obamacare it is never ever going away. What program that the government has started has ever gone away? Especially one where the government controls so much of the money. Those who voted for Trump thinking he would repeal Obamacare, sorry you will be disappointed. Those who have acted like they were scared he would, you were just lying.

The Hospitals, doctors, and insurance providers are still becoming rich, so nothing is going to change.

Does anyone know the stat for the difference between treatment at a VA hospital and the treatment at a private hospital?

That's only one side of the story from one viewpoint.
The fact that some GOP lawmakers are quaking in their boots is tied to the notion of losing the right leaning constituency who also support some type of government health insurance.
In other words, they are concerned for the coverage of their political ass.
As long as the new Congress can produce some type of lower priced and more applicable plan, lets kick Obamacare to the curb. The LAST thing that should be done is to end ACA with no type of replacement.
There are so many other ways this could be done. All it takes is the political courage to move forward

Whatever the GOP does, they cannot allow the Dem's to blame the GOP for Obamacare's failure. Dem's OWN 100% of that mess.

First Democrats compromised a lot in the original law, a mistake that has come back to bite them in the has. Republicans have filed lawsuit after lawsuit, blocked funding for higher risk customers (the biggest reason premiums are up), and States have punished their citizens by refusing federal funding for the law and refusing to participate.

I wouldn't be surprised if Trump kept almost all of the ACA, forced republicans and republican run states to cooperate, and then brags about Trumpcare in a few years.
How could democrats have compromised on something the GOP never had a say?

Because we don't have single payer genius

Whatever the GOP does, they cannot allow the Dem's to blame the GOP for Obamacare's failure. Dem's OWN 100% of that mess.
Then stop people like Little Marco running around bragging about sabotaging the law

Obamacare is already falling apart all by itself. With healthy people avoiding it like the plague there's no money for the moochers and all the sick people. If the economy picks up and people switch over to employer provided healthcare it will collapse even faster.

So one way or another Obamacare is gone.

They had plenty of say, the ACA was built on ideas republicans had put forth at various times and places to deal with our spiraling costs in an effort to get them to support it. In the end they called their own ideas "communism" and voted against it.

Forum List

Back