Confederate statue removed from historic North Carolina courthouse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Monuments to the "heroes" of the Confederacy belong in dedicated facilities, privately funded, and NOT in state courthouses and such. It is not a "technicality" that all of such "heroes" were traitors to the United States.

If you want to make the arguments that not all of them were slave-owners, or secession was a constitutional act, or whatever...again, do it in those dedicated, privately funded facilities. No taxpayer funding for traitors. Period. Some of the taxpayers are descendants of slaves, after all.
They were not traitors as they fought in the name of their states.
It’s only appropriate that those states would honor them for that reason.

The Confederate states no longer exist. They lost.

And were forgiven and welcomed back into the fold, by the people that fought that war.

Who are you to rescind that forgiveness?

So what do you want to do?...hide it?....why?....does it offend you or does its removal give you a thrill?....a win over the people you hate?...

It has been pointed out to you over and over no one is hiding anything. People are saying we should not be honoring losers.

Wait a minuet...to you they are not to be honored...but the last time I checked this is a free nation...there were two sides in the civil war pal...and some of the descendants have a differing view than you....that's called freedom of thought and expression....do you really want to toss that out?...

There does seem to be two sides. Your side is again losing. Obviously you are still free to say whatever dumb things you want to.
Do you want to do away with freedom of expression?....its a yes or no question....

Statues are expressions of honor. I do not want people to have to walk past an honor to someone that fought to keep their ancestors in slavery as they go pay their taxes.

You can fly your flag off your own porch all you want.
Then you need to start your own country with your own constitution...because what you said there is not the America I know...In the USA we are free to insult anyone we want....grow a backbone...grow up....

It has been pointed out to you over and over no one is hiding anything. People are saying we should not be honoring losers.

Wait a minuet...to you they are not to be honored...but the last time I checked this is a free nation...there were two sides in the civil war pal...and some of the descendants have a differing view than you....that's called freedom of thought and expression....do you really want to toss that out?...

There does seem to be two sides. Your side is again losing. Obviously you are still free to say whatever dumb things you want to.
Do you want to do away with freedom of expression?....its a yes or no question....

Statues are expressions of honor. I do not want people to have to walk past an honor to someone that fought to keep their ancestors in slavery as they go pay their taxes.

Then you need to start your own country with your own constitution...because what you said there is not the America I know...In the USA we are free to insult anyone we want....grow a backbone...grow up....

You are free to insult whoever you want. The government is not.

The Confederacy didn't just have slavery for 4 years.

The Confederate States of America only existed for 4 years. All other slavery in the USA was OK under USA laws. Supported by the US Congress and the US Supreme Court.

No it wasn't. You arent much on history.

Much to the contrary. I teach history, and morals, and virtue, to people from the North. It is very frustrating work. :wink:
I am sure trying push all of that lost cause confederate revisionist history is definitely frustrating...but I am sure the Daughters of The Confederacy would be proud....

How I Learned About the “Cult of the Lost Cause” | History | Smithsonian
The Smithsonian like so many other institutions has been hijacked by the left.
Is Robert E Lee also a leftist??

He literally told you idiots not to erect monuments...but your need to project white supremacy to those uppity darkies thinking they are entitled to equal treatment under the law -- sending a message to them was more important than the message Robert E Lee was trying to send to you idiots...

Quote-Graphic-Template-1.png

Then fly a Nazi flag on public grounds and see how that works out for you -- since you now concede your fetish for confederate monuments is based on insults or being offensive...your side lost, get over it...

This is the type of shit you dic sucking traitors believe...so fuck what yall whining about
replace-american-flag-with-confederate-flag.png

Then fly a Nazi flag in on public grounds and see how that works out for you -- since you now concede your fetish for confederate monuments is based on insults or being offensive...your side lost, get over it...

This is the type of shit you dic sucking traitors believe...so fuck what yall whining about
View attachment 291127

For well over a century, the confederate flag and such symbolism, has been expressions of regional pride within a greater national pride.

It is not credible that you missed this.

You need to go back to school...In America we are the government....

As noted, you are again losing. People lash out when they lose. I understand that.
I'm not here to win or lose...I'm stating facts that you are having trouble debating...maybe if you weren't so bent on winning at all cost you would be able to learn something....read the constitution....obviously you haven't yet...

Then fly a Nazi flag on public grounds and see how that works out for you -- since you now concede your fetish for confederate monuments is based on insults or being offensive...your side lost, get over it...

View attachment 291127
Are you saying I can't?....you need to look up the meaning of fascist....

As noted, you are again losing. People lash out when they lose. I understand that.
I'm not here to win or lose...I'm stating facts that you are having trouble debating...maybe if you weren't so bent on winning at all cost you would be able to learn something....read the constitution....obviously you haven't yet...

I stated my objection. Your only reply is "too bad, we can offend people if we want". Well, that is not a winning argument but you are certainly free to pursue it.

I stated my objection. Your only reply is "too bad, we can offend people if we want". Well, that is not a winning argument but you are certainly free to pursue it.
You are not comprehending....I CAN as an American citizen offend anyone I want...read the constitution its a book of all of your rights as an American...do away with one right and you will lose them all....

I'll take all those statues for scrap value.

They should not be placed on public property as a honor to someone who lost but they are still art. We condemned the Taliban for destroying art. They belong in a museum, not on a courthouse lawn.

You are not comprehending....I CAN as an American citizen offend anyone I want...read the constitution its a book of all of your rights as an American...do away with one right and you will lose them all....

I already noted you can offend anyone you want. Society is deciding we will not do it this way on public property. Fly your flag off your porch all you want to. I don't care.

I already noted you can offend anyone you want. Society is deciding we will not do it this way on public property. Fly your flag off your porch all you want to. I don't care.
"Society" is not always right...stop judging events with feelings and think for yourself...like I said lose one right and you risk losing them all...

"Society" is not always right...stop judging events with feelings and think for yourself...like I said lose one right and you risk losing them all...

There is no right to a statue on public property. You can place it in your yard an offend whoever you want if that makes you happy.

Are they not being removed? We are. You might be one to give Hillary a run for their money in bad loser department.
That doesn't make it right...and I'm not here to win...I'm here to educate you morons before you screw yourselves....freedom is fragile...and you are about to endorse doing away with it....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back