Confederate statue removed from historic North Carolina courthouse

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the state of Washington, they have a statue of VI Lenin on public land, why is that ok then? The Triple K are pikers compared to the Communist Party which killed a hundred million in the 20th Century.

On private land and privately owned.

The Fremont Chamber of Commerce supports art as expressive freedom and a means of preserving and remembering history. We have no connection to the statue or any way of contacting the owners. It is on private land and privately owned.

Lenin Statue - Fremont, Seattle

So, in your view, a statue of Columbus or Robert E. Lee would be acceptable if the ownership was turned over to a private entity?

Great stuff. As we can see all normal people are fine with this.
Democrats are fine with it because they are trying to rewrite their sordid history.

Once AGAIN history lives in BOOKS, not in STATUES.

Moreover, this being a Confederate statue, it can't have anything to do with "Democrats". The CSA had no political parties. And yet, here you are trying to rewrite history. Ironic, that.

Prove me wrong and you can have that rewrite.

In the state of Washington, they have a statue of VI Lenin on public land, why is that ok then? The Triple K are pikers compared to the Communist Party which killed a hundred million in the 20th Century.

On private land and privately owned.

The Fremont Chamber of Commerce supports art as expressive freedom and a means of preserving and remembering history. We have no connection to the statue or any way of contacting the owners. It is on private land and privately owned.

Lenin Statue - Fremont, Seattle

So, in your view, a statue of Columbus or Robert E. Lee would be acceptable if the ownership was turned over to a private entity?

It's OK with me wherever but that is not the case for many. I understand the reason many would have a problem honoring certain people on the public square. I've stated many times that you can do whatever you want on private property.

Democrats are fine with it because they are trying to rewrite their sordid history.

Moreover, this being a Confederate statue, it can't have anything to do with "Democrats". The CSA had no political parties. And yet, here you are trying to rewrite history. Ironic, that.

^^^

Party of slavery supporter trying to rewrite the sordid history of the Democratic party.

^^^

Party of slavery supporter trying to rewrite the sordid history of the Democratic party.

So you have NOTHING with which you can prove me wrong.

No shit. I knew that when I posted before. You lose.

Monuments to the "heroes" of the Confederacy belong in dedicated facilities, privately funded, and NOT in state courthouses and such. It is not a "technicality" that all of such "heroes" were traitors to the United States.

If you want to make the arguments that not all of them were slave-owners, or secession was a constitutional act, or whatever...again, do it in those dedicated, privately funded facilities. No taxpayer funding for traitors. Period. Some of the taxpayers are descendants of slaves, after all.
They were not traitors as they fought in the name of their states.
It’s only appropriate that those states would honor them for that reason.
So why don't we honor the people who American loyalists in New England -- they were fighting in the name of "their states" too...the governor of Massachusetts was a loyalist -- I don't recall any statues being erected in his honor...do you know why?? Because he waged war and lost against the side who went on to become the "UNITED STATES"

The confederates waged war and lost against the side that continued to be called "THE UNITED STATES" -- the reason these statues were erected in the first place had more to do with racism and white supremacy than honoring the side who lost
Those ‘loyalists’ couldn’t fight for states that didn’t exist.

Monuments to the "heroes" of the Confederacy belong in dedicated facilities, privately funded, and NOT in state courthouses and such. It is not a "technicality" that all of such "heroes" were traitors to the United States.

If you want to make the arguments that not all of them were slave-owners, or secession was a constitutional act, or whatever...again, do it in those dedicated, privately funded facilities. No taxpayer funding for traitors. Period. Some of the taxpayers are descendants of slaves, after all.

The Confederate states no longer exist. They lost.
Every one of the states who were temporarily a part of the confederacy do exist. Are you trying to remove that from history, too?

You did nothing to dispute what I said. What the Confederate soldier fought for, no longer exists.
Every single one of those states still exist.

The Confederate States of America only existed for 4 years. All other slavery in the USA was OK under USA laws. Supported by the US Congress and the US Supreme Court.

No it wasn't. You arent much on history.

Much to the contrary. I teach history, and morals, and virtue, to people from the North. It is very frustrating work. :wink:
I am sure trying push all of that lost cause confederate revisionist history is definitely frustrating...but I am sure the Daughters of The Confederacy would be proud....

How I Learned About the “Cult of the Lost Cause” | History | Smithsonian
The Smithsonian like so many other institutions has been hijacked by the left.
Is Robert E Lee also a leftist??

He literally told you idiots not to erect monuments...but your need to project white supremacy to those uppity darkies thinking they are entitled to equal treatment under the law -- sending a message to them was more important than the message Robert E Lee was trying to send to you idiots...

View attachment 291126
I doubt that Lee’s motives were to demonize white people in order to usurp the culture and thereby ease the implementation of Marxism.

"A North Carolina county removed a Confederate statue from a historic courthouse early on Wednesday, joining the handful of places around the state where such monuments have come down in recent years despite a law protecting them.

News outlets reported that a subdued crowd of several dozen people watched as the statue of a soldier was taken down overnight outside the historic Chatham county courthouse, where it had stood since 1907. By dawn, even the base was gone..."

Burning books will be next...

Removing statues is a step to obliterating our American history. What happened in the past, good and bad, are part of what we are today. Some would want US not to be Americans.

Let's take down the Statue of Liberty then.

The Confederate states no longer exist. They lost.
Every one of the states who were temporarily a part of the confederacy do exist. Are you trying to remove that from history, too?

You did nothing to dispute what I said. What the Confederate soldier fought for, no longer exists.
Every single one of those states still exist.

As I noted before, the Confederate states do not exist any longer.

If the statue haters knew what Lincoln actually said about Blacks...His statues would be taken down also. But this is covered up.

Lincoln is yet another figure who has nothing to do with the Lost Cause.
This thread is about Civil War statues. Lincoln precipitated the Civil War. It was His War.

No, it's about Lost Cause statues, of which the example in your OP WAS one. READ IT.

How old was Lincoln in 1907?

This is my state, I know what a fucking Lost Cause statue is.

Wrong again. "Lost Cause" is not mentioned in the OP, only your repeated drivel.
Fighting to protect your sacred homeland from a Terrorist invasion sent by a Tyrant is a lost cause?

Oh but it is. Roll tape.

>> News outlets reported that a subdued crowd of several dozen people watched as the statue of a soldier was taken down overnight outside the historic Chatham county courthouse, where it had stood since 1907. By dawn, even the base was gone.

But county officials argued in court that the monument was private property, owned by the United Daughters of the Confederacy

Protesters have also torn down two such monuments in recent years, including one at a historic Durham courthouse and another on the campus of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. <<

Those two were erected 1924 and 1913 respectively, also spurred by the UDC. The latter was dedicated with a Confederate veteran rambling on about how he had publicly "whipped a negro wench" near that very spot years before.

We did all this shit before. It may be new to you, not new to us.

Oh and that court decision to send it back to the UDC and let them decide what to do with it but not on our public property, that's not new either.
So the left is like the Taliban eh?
Taliban blow apart 2,000 years of Buddhist history

"A North Carolina county removed a Confederate statue from a historic courthouse early on Wednesday, joining the handful of places around the state where such monuments have come down in recent years despite a law protecting them.

News outlets reported that a subdued crowd of several dozen people watched as the statue of a soldier was taken down overnight outside the historic Chatham county courthouse, where it had stood since 1907. By dawn, even the base was gone..."

Burning books will be next...
Good! Remove all the traitor statues. Especially from courthouses.

you really mean "white" statues

A sad day it will be when all of the confederate statues are gone and the losers will have to find another way to taunt blacks. Truly heartbreaking. Their counterparts in Austria are having a similar problem with Hitler`s birthplace being converted to a police station. :boohoo:
Hitler's birthplace to become police station

Glad to see it go.

As a North Carolinian I'd say BUH bye now, BUH bye, and don't let the door hit you in the brass....

What about the north carolinians who disagree with you? Do they not count anymore, and if not, why not?

Nape. The locals made the decision, it's theirs to make. Good on 'em.

I do think they count though. If I didn't I might, I dunno, lowercase their description even though it's a proper noun.

What about the locals that didn't support it? Do they count?

The Confederate States of America only existed for 4 years. All other slavery in the USA was OK under USA laws. Supported by the US Congress and the US Supreme Court.

No it wasn't. You arent much on history.

Much to the contrary. I teach history, and morals, and virtue, to people from the North. It is very frustrating work. :wink:
I am sure trying push all of that lost cause confederate revisionist history is definitely frustrating...but I am sure the Daughters of The Confederacy would be proud....

How I Learned About the “Cult of the Lost Cause” | History | Smithsonian
The Smithsonian like so many other institutions has been hijacked by the left.
Is Robert E Lee also a leftist??

He literally told you idiots not to erect monuments...but your need to project white supremacy to those uppity darkies thinking they are entitled to equal treatment under the law -- sending a message to them was more important than the message Robert E Lee was trying to send to you idiots...

View attachment 291126

Lee had no way of seeing how complete the healing of the wounds of the war would be. He was afraid that the nation would remain divided.

That did not happen. For over 5 generations now, Southern Pride has been a regional pride that is part of a greater National Patriotism, and no one has said shit about it, till very recently, when you liberals needed another angle of attack on your enemies.

They should not be placed on public property as a honor to someone who lost

Says who?...

Are they not being removed? We are. You might be one to give Hillary a run for their money in bad loser department.

"We" are the ones that put them up. What happened to that? I thought the goal was "we" all living together in harmony.

Those who had a problem had little voice in speaking up. They were on the back of the bus. That is no longer the case.

They should not be placed on public property as a honor to someone who lost

Says who?...

Are they not being removed? We are. You might be one to give Hillary a run for their money in bad loser department.

"We" are the ones that put them up. What happened to that? I thought the goal was "we" all living together in harmony.

Those who had a problem had little voice in speaking up. They were on the back of the bus. That is no longer the case.

You are assuming that someone had a problem with it. Despite well over a century of the celebration of Confederate symbols being seen has harmless regional pride, by the nation as a whole.

YOur assumption is unsupported.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back