Confederate statue removed from historic North Carolina courthouse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because you claim something doesn't mean I have to take it seriously.

I didn't claim anything. I asked you a question.

Unless you are denying that the stated goal of multiculturalism was all of us living in harmony? What the hell are you trying to even say? Have you ever heard of the words, "yes" or "no"?

Damn, you really are under a curse where you can't make a clear statement, aren't you?

Was it a demon? Or a dark mage? Did you put on cursed underwear?

Many do wish we all could get along. That doesn't mean that they didn't understand that many would get mad that they could no longer legally discriminate.

Refusing to answer questions, is not a way to get along. It is a way to tell someone, that you refuse to be honest about your intentions and goals.

One does not have to address something you just made up.

What are you saying that I "just made up"? Is your cursed underwear preventing you from saying it? Or is this just you being evasive, because you don't like where this conversation is headed?

If you don't remember the conversation, re-read it.

Says who?...

Are they not being removed? We are. You might be one to give Hillary a run for their money in bad loser department.

"We" are the ones that put them up. What happened to that? I thought the goal was "we" all living together in harmony.

"The UDC" are the ones that put them up. And the UDC is taking them back. Read the article --- court ruled that the UDC still owns it and therefore they can do that;

What, you want to steal UDC's property now?

So, the UDC got co-opted. That is just a dodge. The statues celebrate Southern Heritage and History.

Why are you trying to erase their history and heritage?

Really.....

HOW did the UDC get "co-opted" ?

UDC's history and heritage is well secured. They made sure of that when they went on this massive propaganda campaign a century ago. Now they're trying to clean up their image. Who are you to tell them they can't do that, in a place you don't even live?

I'm someone who is noticing that there is a move to marginalize a large subculture and I can see that it will be harmful for my nation as a whole, and I want to call out the bad people that are doing it.

ie you liberals.

That is who I am.

You are the person trying as hard as you can, to hide your intentions and reasons and goals.

I didn't claim anything. I asked you a question.

Unless you are denying that the stated goal of multiculturalism was all of us living in harmony? What the hell are you trying to even say? Have you ever heard of the words, "yes" or "no"?

Damn, you really are under a curse where you can't make a clear statement, aren't you?

Was it a demon? Or a dark mage? Did you put on cursed underwear?

Many do wish we all could get along. That doesn't mean that they didn't understand that many would get mad that they could no longer legally discriminate.

Refusing to answer questions, is not a way to get along. It is a way to tell someone, that you refuse to be honest about your intentions and goals.

One does not have to address something you just made up.

What are you saying that I "just made up"? Is your cursed underwear preventing you from saying it? Or is this just you being evasive, because you don't like where this conversation is headed?

If you don't remember the conversation, re-read it.

You were not clear. You are being evasive. Why? What are you hiding?

Are they not being removed? We are. You might be one to give Hillary a run for their money in bad loser department.

"We" are the ones that put them up. What happened to that? I thought the goal was "we" all living together in harmony.

"The UDC" are the ones that put them up. And the UDC is taking them back. Read the article --- court ruled that the UDC still owns it and therefore they can do that;

So, the UDC got co-opted. That is just a dodge. The statues celebrate Southern Heritage and History.

Really.....

UDC's history and heritage is well secured. They made sure of that when they went on this massive propaganda campaign a century ago. Now they're trying to clean up their image. Who are you to tell them they can't do that, in a place you don't even live?

I'm someone who is noticing that there is a move to marginalize a large subculture and I can see that it will be harmful for my nation as a whole, and I want to call out the bad people that are doing it.

ie you liberals.

That is who I am.

"Subculture"?

History revisionist propagandists is a "subculture" now? Y'all have History Revisionist Pride Parades and shit?

And you're saying the nation will "suffer" because historical revisionism is called out for what it is?

By that logic we never would have dumped Slavery, would we.

You are the person trying as hard as you can, to hide your intentions and reasons and goals.

I ain't "hiding" a damn thing dood. I put it right out here same as I've done before on the same topic. The fact is, this is the city of Charlottesville's affair, not yours and not mine. It ain't me trying to tell a city I don't even live in what they can do with their own land, nor trying to tell the UDC it can't move its own property.

Yes that IS the Liberal thing to do --- leave people the fuck alone to manage their own affairs. What do you call the opposite? "Very fine people"?

Last edited:
This thread is about Civil War statues. Lincoln precipitated the Civil War. It was His War.

No, it's about Lost Cause statues, of which the example in your OP WAS one. READ IT.

How old was Lincoln in 1907?

This is my state, I know what a fucking Lost Cause statue is.

Wrong again. "Lost Cause" is not mentioned in the OP, only your repeated drivel.
Fighting to protect your sacred homeland from a Terrorist invasion sent by a Tyrant is a lost cause?

Oh but it is. Roll tape.

>> News outlets reported that a subdued crowd of several dozen people watched as the statue of a soldier was taken down overnight outside the historic Chatham county courthouse, where it had stood since 1907. By dawn, even the base was gone.

But county officials argued in court that the monument was private property, owned by the United Daughters of the Confederacy

Protesters have also torn down two such monuments in recent years, including one at a historic Durham courthouse and another on the campus of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. <<

Those two were erected 1924 and 1913 respectively, also spurred by the UDC. The latter was dedicated with a Confederate veteran rambling on about how he had publicly "whipped a negro wench" near that very spot years before.

We did all this shit before. It may be new to you, not new to us.

Oh and that court decision to send it back to the UDC and let them decide what to do with it but not on our public property, that's not new either.
So the left is like the Taliban eh?
Taliban blow apart 2,000 years of Buddhist history

Where do you get "the left" here?

DO essplain to the class what Lost Cause monuments the Taliban blew up. This oughta be cute.
Duty,honor, and bravery are never “lost causes.”

Really.....

ie you liberals.

That is who I am.

"Subculture"?

History revisionist propagandists is a "subculture" now? Y'all have History Revisionist Pride Parades and shit?

And you're saying the nation will "suffer" because historical revisionism is called out for what it is?

I ain't "hiding" a damn thing dood. I put it right out here same as I've done before on the same topic. The fact is, this is the city of Charlottesville's affair, not yours and not mine. It ain't me trying to tell a city I don't even live in what they can do with their own land, nor trying to tell the UDC it can't move its own property.

Yes that IS the Liberal thing to do --- leave people the fuck alone to manage their own affairs. What do you call the opposite? "Very fine people"?
Antifa was responsible for Charlottesville as the Anti-Orwellian group had a permit to march.

Lincoln is yet another figure who has nothing to do with the Lost Cause.
This thread is about Civil War statues. Lincoln precipitated the Civil War. It was His War.

No, it's about Lost Cause statues, of which the example in your OP WAS one. READ IT.

Wrong again. "Lost Cause" is not mentioned in the OP, only your repeated drivel.
Fighting to protect your sacred homeland from a Terrorist invasion sent by a Tyrant is a lost cause?

Oh but it is. Roll tape.

>> News outlets reported that a subdued crowd of several dozen people watched as the statue of a soldier was taken down overnight outside the historic Chatham county courthouse, where it had stood since 1907. By dawn, even the base was gone.

But county officials argued in court that the monument was private property, owned by the United Daughters of the Confederacy

Protesters have also torn down two such monuments in recent years, including one at a historic Durham courthouse and another on the campus of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. <<

Those two were erected 1924 and 1913 respectively, also spurred by the UDC. The latter was dedicated with a Confederate veteran rambling on about how he had publicly "whipped a negro wench" near that very spot years before.

Oh and that court decision to send it back to the UDC and let them decide what to do with it but not on our public property, that's not new either.

"So the left is like the Taliban eh?"

in this regard, yes.

but overall....
no more so than the right.

I imagine that in many ways "tyrannical ideologies" (extremist islam, extremist, christianity, extremist jews, extremist left wingers) have similar traits and behaviors; destroying any mention of the opposition seems to be one of those traits.

Oh but it is. Roll tape.

in this regard, yes.

but overall....

I imagine that in many ways "tyrannical ideologies" (extremist islam, extremist, christianity, extremist jews, extremist left wingers) have similar traits and behaviors; destroying any mention of the opposition seems to be one of those traits.
It is a Marxist trait for sure.

Oh but it is. Roll tape.

in this regard, yes.

but overall....

and a right wing conservative trait, for sure.

Really.....

ie you liberals.

That is who I am.

"Subculture"?

Antifa was responsible for Charlottesville as the Anti-Orwellian group had a permit to march.

Charlottesville?
Oh you mean the Tiki Torch Tournament of Twinks?
The David Duke Department of Dumfuckery?
The "let's get the group back together and beat a black bystander" party?
The James Fields one-car drag strip?

You know that David Dookey sued the city of New Orleans to try to get them to replace a monument that had stood at the foot of Canal Street, the busiest spot in the city, glorifying the time a white supremacist group staged a coup to overthrow the duly elected biracial government? See the pattern yet?

Dookey is from Oklahoma by the way, not New Orleans. You remember Oklahoma --- Tulsa Race Riots?

Oh but it is. Roll tape.

in this regard, yes.

but overall....

There is no way the United Daughters of the Confederacy is "the left". Nor are they a religion, nor are they a political movement.

Again, it's THEIR property and THEY are taking it back. And the land on which it stood is CITY property. Feel free to essplain to the class how you get to dick-tate what some random city you don't live anywhere near, can do with its own land, from the comfort of your barcalounger.

Really.....

ie you liberals.

That is who I am.

"Subculture"?

1. You asked an open ended question and then pretended that my answer was specific to what we were discussing before, instead of an answer to your question. Such dishonesty is constant from lefties like you as you desperately try to hide what you are and what you are about.

2. The subculture I am referring to, you know what it is. Your dishonest pretense otherwise, is a lie. YOu are a liar.

3. This is not about a single statue in a single town. It is part of a larger issue. As you well know, but that was just another lie, from you, the liar.

Really.....

ie you liberals.

That is who I am.

"Subculture"?

Charlottesville?
Oh you mean the Tiki Torch Tournament of Twinks?
The David Duke Department of Dumfuckery?
The "let's get the group back together and beat a black bystander" party?
The James Fields one-car drag strip?

You know that David Dookey sued the city of New Orleans to try to get them to replace a monument that had stood at the foot of Canal Street, the busiest spot in the city, glorifying the time a white supremacist group staged a coup to overthrow the duly elected biracial government? See the pattern yet?

Dookey is from Oklahoma by the way, not New Orleans. You remember Oklahoma --- Tulsa Race Riots?

Nothing in your childish rant, addressed his point, in any way.

That is a tacit admission that you know he is right.

Really.....

ie you liberals.

That is who I am.

"Subculture"?

1. You asked an open ended question and then pretended that my answer was specific to what we were discussing before, instead of an answer to your question. Such dishonesty is constant from lefties like you as you desperately try to hide what you are and what you are about.

2. The subculture I am referring to, you know what it is. Your dishonest pretense otherwise, is a lie. YOu are a liar.

3. This is not about a single statue in a single town. It is part of a larger issue. As you well know, but that was just another lie, from you, the liar.

Ummmmmmmmmm yes it is. Far as I know "one" is a singular. One statue, in one city.

There may be other situations like it but Charlottesville has no say over that, do they.

You went whining about a "subculture". The only "subculture" I can see involved here is the propaganda mill, the one who put this shit up. Now they agreed to take it back. And you want to march in with your Tiki torch and dick-tate that they can't do that?

You're gonna tell the UDC, "youse cannot replace us"?

Really.....

ie you liberals.

That is who I am.

"Subculture"?

Ummmmmmmmmm yes it is. Far as I know "one" is a singular. One statue, in one city.

There may be other situations like it but Charlottesville has no say over that, do they.

You went whining about a "subculture". The only "subculture" I can see involved here is the propaganda mill, the one who put this shit up. Now they agreed to take it back. And you want to march in with your Tiki torch and dick-tate that they can't do that?

I want you to be honest about what is going on and to stop being a cowardly race baiting asshole.

Really.....

ie you liberals.

That is who I am.

"Subculture"?

I want you to be honest about what is going on and to stop being a cowardly race baiting asshole.

I want you to answer the question. Who the fuck are you to tell some distant city what they can or cannot do with their own land?

Confederate statue removed from historic North Carolina courthouse

"A North Carolina county removed a Confederate statue from a historic courthouse early on Wednesday, joining the handful of places around the state where such monuments have come down in recent years despite a law protecting them.

News outlets reported that a subdued crowd of several dozen people watched as the statue of a soldier was taken down overnight outside the historic Chatham county courthouse, where it had stood since 1907. By dawn, even the base was gone..."

Burning books will be next...
Slippery slope fallacy and a lie.

“…where it had stood since 1907.”

Which was the at the height of Jim Crow, Black Codes, and lynching – the purpose of this ‘monument’ was to intimidate blacks and reaffirm white supremacy, having nothing whatsoever to do with ‘honoring’ those who fought in the ‘civil’ War.

The statue served only to ‘honor’ racism, division, and hate, its removal was perfectly appropriate and warranted.

ie you liberals.

That is who I am.

"Subculture"?

I want you to answer the question. Who the fuck are you to tell some distant city what they can or cannot do with their own land?

I already answered that question, you drooling moron.

You're the one playing silly games, because you don't dare to admit what you are all about. You cowardly race baiting asshole.

"Subculture"?

I already answered that question, you drooling moron.

You're the one playing silly games, because you don't dare to admit what you are all about. You cowardly race baiting asshole.

Nape, I'm afraid you didn't.

You see son, the question "who the fuck are you" means what is your STANDING to tell a city you don't live in what they can or cannot do with their own property.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back