Confederate statue removed from historic North Carolina courthouse

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Confederacy was more about maintaining slavery than noble Generals on horseback

True.

The focus on the impressive military valor of the Confederate Army, instead of the less noble cause of the war, is the type of thing an healthy society does, when looking at itself.

So, RW, what other cultures, do you attack like this?
Attack a culture dedicated to maintaining slavery?
Yes

Are you pretending to be too stupid to understand a simple question, or are you seriously that fucking stupid?
Your question is absurd
Befitting of a poster who supports the institution of slavery and wants to erect monuments to a slave society

Monuments to Washington and Jefferson are the same, as those men had slaves.

Should the Washington monument be trashed or moved? How about moving it to one of the strip properties in Vegas on to private property, like they did with the Statue of Liberty?
No, they are not the same

Washington and Jefferson did not take up arms against the United States of America.....actually, they created it

What do Delaware, Maryland, Missouri, Kentucky, West Virginia, New Jersey and the capital of the Union, Washington DC all have in common?

Anyone know? Any guesses?

All were slave states/slaveholders from the North during the Civil War.

Our resident history illiterate Dimwingers think slavery was the only issue of the Civil War.
New Jersey? :auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:
Slavery in New Jersey
I live in NJ

Haven’t seen the monuments celebrating slavery

So, what other groups, do you fight with them, over their heritage?

What gives you the right to attack this culture?

Do you realize that your actions, reveal that the concept of multiculturalism has completely failed?

Why would I accept a culture that enslaved, maimed, raped, lynched and murdered my ancestors.

Because otherwise, this nation is over. And the sooner you admit that you have no plan to live in peace with your fellow citizens, the sooner we can work on what to do about that.

All I am asking is that your side stop with the lies.

We live in peace now, I don't need to see statues and honor those who harmed black folks to do that.

What did I lie about?

You're a scholar and a Gentleman - But I suspect your knowledge of African American History is limited to what Big Brother has drilled into your head for the purpose of keeping you on the plantation. Do you know who the first slave holder in USA was ... a Black Man ... do you know that the Roots saga [Alex Haley] is pure fiction ... do you that slavers did not go ashore & capture Africans - too risky, they bought them mostly from moslems --- who still practice slavery today. Do you know the story of whipped William and how he was used to rile up Northern whites to fight against the south ? So far as the statues go --- I don't really care - that's just Big Brother trying to create issues to keep us at each others throats
The first slave holder in America (not the U.S. yet) was John Rolfe in Jamestown....show us that he was a black man. And by the time the U.S. was created in 1776, there were hundreds if not thousands of slaveholders......how do YOU determine which one was "the first"? Eh?

Actually well before that was the colony attempted by the Spaniard Lucas Vásquez de Ayllón in 1526 which brought at least 100 enslaved Africans to what would eventually become South Carolina. That would be 495 years ago. They were the first African slaves, although six years prior his associates had taken some 70 Indian slaves.

Last edited:
So they saved the world from Nazis, but back home they hated their fellow Americans because they had a different skin color. Smfh.

I have no idea of the racial views of the southern troopers of WWII. I can speak to those of the North, at least the ones I knew personally growing up.

You asked a question and I answered it. Do you have something to say in response, or is this where you admit that you don't give a fuck about the facts of the matter, you just spew hate?
You have no idea of the racial views of folks from the south?

Do you think a system of Jim Crow (legal apartheid) just popped up out of nowhere despite the objections of all of those "southern troopers"??

Do you think black men who also fought for this country in that same world war were lynched and their racist murderers not even convicted despite the objections of all of those "southern troopers"??

You folks really twist yourself into pretzels to defend your confederate fetish

Correct. Support for such programs could have been very high. Or they could have relatively weak majorities. Or they could have been somewhat unpopular, but with a strongly motivated minority supporting them against a less motivated majority.

I don't know. I've never looked into the support that policy had at that time period, historically.

But regardless, I was asked something good about Southern Whites, and I gave one example, ie they helped a lot, in defeating HItler and the Nazis.

Do you want to address that fact, or are you just here to bog the thread down in mindless partisan race baiting pap?
Still playing dumb huh??

Ok....let's say there was a policy in the south that made it legal for black folks to go around and lynch and murder white women -- for no other reason than them being white women....they even nick name the policy Jane Crow...and on the rare occasion that someone is arrested for it -- the legal system insures that person gets off...

Obviously, it won't take a genius to deduce that most of the south would be against that.....

However, that is EXACTLY what the policy was in the south in regards to black men women and children-- that you some how claim you don't know much about....

Do you think this man would blow up a church killing four beautiful little girls and not expect legal punishment because he thought the white supremacist policy of Jim Crow wasn't popular??
View attachment 291796

How do you know that suspect didn't expect punishment? He was probably a liberal, at the point in time the crime was committed, Alabama was solidly leftist
Troll someone else.....
2016-11-02 12.09.34.jpg

What do Delaware, Maryland, Missouri, Kentucky, West Virginia, New Jersey and the capital of the Union, Washington DC all have in common?

Our resident history illiterate Dimwingers think slavery was the only issue of the Civil War.

Actually five of the six states he names (as well as DC) weren't in the "North" and one came into existence by seceding from the seceded state of Virginia, partially on the condition that it abolish sooooooooooo.............

Last edited:
So they saved the world from Nazis, but back home they hated their fellow Americans because they had a different skin color. Smfh.

I have no idea of the racial views of the southern troopers of WWII. I can speak to those of the North, at least the ones I knew personally growing up.

You asked a question and I answered it. Do you have something to say in response, or is this where you admit that you don't give a fuck about the facts of the matter, you just spew hate?
You have no idea of the racial views of folks from the south?

Do you think a system of Jim Crow (legal apartheid) just popped up out of nowhere despite the objections of all of those "southern troopers"??

Do you think black men who also fought for this country in that same world war were lynched and their racist murderers not even convicted despite the objections of all of those "southern troopers"??

You folks really twist yourself into pretzels to defend your confederate fetish

Correct. Support for such programs could have been very high. Or they could have relatively weak majorities. Or they could have been somewhat unpopular, but with a strongly motivated minority supporting them against a less motivated majority.

I don't know. I've never looked into the support that policy had at that time period, historically.

But regardless, I was asked something good about Southern Whites, and I gave one example, ie they helped a lot, in defeating HItler and the Nazis.

Do you want to address that fact, or are you just here to bog the thread down in mindless partisan race baiting pap?
Still playing dumb huh??

Ok....let's say there was a policy in the south that made it legal for black folks to go around and lynch and murder white women -- for no other reason than them being white women....they even nick name the policy Jane Crow...and on the rare occasion that someone is arrested for it -- the legal system insures that person gets off...

Obviously, it won't take a genius to deduce that most of the south would be against that.....

However, that is EXACTLY what the policy was in the south in regards to black men women and children-- that you some how claim you don't know much about....

Do you think this man would blow up a church killing four beautiful little girls and not expect legal punishment because he thought the white supremacist policy of Jim Crow wasn't popular??
View attachment 291796

How do you know that suspect didn't expect punishment? He was probably a liberal, at the point in time the crime was committed, Alabama was solidly leftist

If you could also y'know, go ahead and cite for the class ANY TIME IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD that Alabama was "leftist" :rofl: that'd be historic.

Summa these Russian troll farm workers are such cat toys.

Slavery in New Jersey
I live in NJ

Why am I not shocked to find out you are ignorant of your own state's history of slavery.

Actually four of the six states he names (as well as DC) weren't in the "North" and a fifth came into existence by seceding from the seceded state of Virginia, partially on the condition that it abolish sooooooooooo.............
Looks like they are all on the list to me....

states
in the
American Civil War

Dual governments
Territories and D.C.

Slavery in New Jersey
Yea, remember how you folks get all triggered when some uppity black person says this country was founded on slavery?? That is exactly what happened, it was founded on slavery...

Problem is, the states up north didn't wage a civil war to address the abolition of its own system of slavery...in fact, they beat the South to it by decades....with far less bloodshed.....

Let's take New Jersey....in 1786, they put a ban on the importation of slaves to the state....in 1804, they passed the official abolition of slavery.....

And if you drive all thru New Jersey, there were no monuments erected to honor those who tried to maintain slavery....

Yes
Are you pretending to be too stupid to understand a simple question, or are you seriously that fucking stupid?
Your question is absurd
Befitting of a poster who supports the institution of slavery and wants to erect monuments to a slave society

Monuments to Washington and Jefferson are the same, as those men had slaves.

Should the Washington monument be trashed or moved? How about moving it to one of the strip properties in Vegas on to private property, like they did with the Statue of Liberty?

If you could, y'know, go ahead and essplain to the class what the FUCK either Washington or Jefferson had to do with a Cult of the Lost Cause that didn't even begin until half a century after the latter's death and thereby defied the entire concept of Linear Time, that'd be great.

You don't get it , Pogo.

This is about Slavery. Not just the War of Northern Aggression in the 1860's.

And Washington and Tommy Jeff were both slave owners. And that just isn't right.

NO it is NOT about "Slavery" in general. It's specifically about the UDC and its massive propaganda campaign. I'm sure you'd like to diffuse that onto other shit but that won't work.

WHO put that statue up? The UDC.
WHO put all those hundreds of other statues/monuments all over the country? The UDC, vast majority. And the Cult of the Lost Cause behind it.
WHO edited and rewrote school textbooks to whitewash the Confederacy's history? The UDC and the Lost Cause.
WHAT generated the novel "The Clansman" which became a play which became a sensational movie for the same purpose? The Cult of the Lost Cause.
WHAT do statues/monuments to Washington, Jefferson, or anyone else come and gone before the Civil War, have to do with UDC monuments or the Lost Cause? NOTHING.

That's what ALL this is about. FUCK outta here. You're the same assclown that just tried to suggest Alabama of all places was "solidly leftist", soooooo.......

Last edited:
Indeed it was, and indeed it was long ago. Which has ZERO to do with a propaganda drive subsequently blanketed over the land to redefine what was behind the conflict it in the first place.

Nice try, deflector shields fail.

Do you realize that your actions, reveal that the concept of multiculturalism has completely failed?

ZERO in the post you quoted had anything to do with "cultures", "heritages" or "multiculturalism". Which is ironic since what the post called out was your attempt to deflect. It's not every brainiac that would try to counter a charge of deflection with yet another deflection.

Historical statues and celebrating history and being proud of your groups history, is part of any group's culture and heritage.

As you well know. So, that was just a dodge. and consider your dodge mocked and dismissed.

My questions stand.

I'm sorry to hear that if you don't have a statue in front of you on public property, you forget everything about history.

Nice strawman.

My question about how you leftards decide which cultures you will judge and which you consider legitimate enough to get a pass, stands, you hypocritical asshole.

I see you are falling back on namecalling again. And here you were....complaining about others name calling you. Pretty hypocritical.

Slavery in New Jersey
I live in NJ

Why am I not shocked to find out you are ignorant of your own state's history of slavery.

Several northern states had very small slave populations...NJ is one of them

We do not celebrate that history

Slavery in New Jersey
I live in NJ

Exactly. Dimwingers deny their racist history.

Now count how many of the Confederate Statues, celebrate slavery, and I'll be happy to see you match that number with statues about slaves. God. There are other stories you boring fucker.

The Confederacy was more about maintaining slavery than noble Generals on horseback

True.

The focus on the impressive military valor of the Confederate Army, instead of the less noble cause of the war, is the type of thing an healthy society does, when looking at itself.

So, RW, what other cultures, do you attack like this?
Yes

Your question is absurd
Worse – to propagate the revisionist ‘history’ of a nostalgic ante-bellum South where slaves were ‘happy’ and ‘well-cared for.’

Nazis were big on wars of conquest and genocide.

What nations did the Confederates conquer? What peoples did they commit genocide on?

Or, instead of it being a good analogy, was it just a buzz word that you shit out of your face anus?

Uh black people.

Really? Germany, after the Nazis genocides, has ZERO POINT TWO PERCENT, reporting as Jewish.

America, after the Confederacy, has over TWELVE percentage black population.

Do you even know what the word "genocide" means? Or is it just a buzzword to you, to use to smear people you hate?

Do you understand the crimes and inhumanity that was done by the Confederacy.

Do you understand the fucking stupidity of a Nazi analogy, and pretending that 12 percent is the same as fucking ZERO POINT TWO percent?

I mean, I was talking to RW. He is the fucking moron that made that comparison, and stood by it. And that is the conversation you jumped into. If you want to comment on his fucking stupid post, then address his fucking stupid post.

I am discussing the rest of this issue, in the rest of this thread. THIS bit, is about the stupid shit you people say, and me calling you on it.

If you don't want to discuss how fucking stupid you libs are, when you just use buzz words, with no understanding of what the words actually mean, because you are fucking retarded,

THEN DON'T.

What you fucking don't fucking underfuckingstand in this fuckingly fucked analogy, is that fucking bad actors don't fucking all fucking work the same fucking way. Just because fucking Nazis fucking dealt in fucking genocide while fucking slaveholders fucking enslaved people, doesn't fucking affuckingfect the fucking fact that fucking Germany doesn't fucking hang up fucking statues and fucking monuments trying to fucking dilute and fucking sanitize and fucking whitewash the fucking inhufuckingmanity of their own fucking past, as do the fucking UDC edifices. Fucking both of them lost their fucking wars, did they fucking not?

Goodness gracious, that is a specious comparison.

And you are doing the same stupid fucking thing that rw and supercrackhead are doing. Pretending that some very minor similarity, means that they should have been dealt with the exact same way, and that if not, it is some sort of problem.

My point stands. There are good reasons for the way that we, here in America, dealt with the aftermath of the Civil War, and just saying "nazis" is not a good analogy, and in fact, is fucking stupid, and if you do that, then you are fucking stupid.

If you continue, I will point out some of the other many ways that the two sets of people are very different, and the two situations are very different, and thus, how incredibly fucking stupid you are.

Slavery in New Jersey
I live in NJ

The poster with the geographical challenge is trying to float yet another dishonest argument, suggesting that the conflict might have been about who "had" slaves. It was not, of course --- it was about who could prohibit slavery. That was the whole point of secession --- control of the future power of the legality of slavery.

New Jersey had already abolished, like many states phasing out over time. West Virginia did the same, and even separated itself from the Confederate cause by seceding from the secession. The Confederacy's whole hangup was that they feared they would lose control over slavery and be forced to abandon it. But here's a poster who wants to distract to "where slaves existed" just like the other "leftist Alabama" klown who wants to make it about "George Washington".

Nazis were big on wars of conquest and genocide.

What nations did the Confederates conquer? What peoples did they commit genocide on?

Or, instead of it being a good analogy, was it just a buzz word that you shit out of your face anus?

Uh black people.

Really? Germany, after the Nazis genocides, has ZERO POINT TWO PERCENT, reporting as Jewish.

Do you even know what the word "genocide" means? Or is it just a buzzword to you, to use to smear people you hate?

Do you understand the fucking stupidity of a Nazi analogy, and pretending that 12 percent is the same as fucking ZERO POINT TWO percent?

I mean, I was talking to RW. He is the fucking moron that made that comparison, and stood by it. And that is the conversation you jumped into. If you want to comment on his fucking stupid post, then address his fucking stupid post.

I am discussing the rest of this issue, in the rest of this thread. THIS bit, is about the stupid shit you people say, and me calling you on it.

If you don't want to discuss how fucking stupid you libs are, when you just use buzz words, with no understanding of what the words actually mean, because you are fucking retarded,

THEN DON'T.
The Confederacy was the moral equivalent of Nazi Germany

That is some excellent walking it back. This is you. Except that Wally had the humanity to at least pretend he was conceding a point, when his point was crushed. Unlike you, troll boy.

6a00d83451c0aa69e20240a4735569200c-800wi

Uh black people.

THEN DON'T.
The Confederacy was the moral equivalent of Nazi Germany

That's sort of a stupid statement. The Confederacy didn't have Socialized Medicine, Gun Control or Genocide- the 3 pillars of national Socialism.

Libs just say shit. They don't mean nothin' by it. THey just use words as buzz words to convey feelings.

The idea of them having real meanings, real definitions that actually mean shit, is utterly alien to them.

If I was constantly on the wrong side of history all of the time -- I would be trying to revise it too....

But....historical facts kick neo-confederates in the ass so much, they have no choice but to try to rewrite history....

That is why they are called "Neo-Confederates" -- Neo meaning new....revised.....edited....kicked in the ass by history...

Yeah, I was waiting for RW to double down on his "legacy of confederacy" claim. But he saw it coming and sleazed away.

They really do consider their very own words, to be nothing but shit, and are shocked when they are actually called on the shit that they spew from their face anuses.

They really do believe that it is right and proper for them to say whatever shit, they want, that serves their partisan purpose right now, and to not ever be called on it, not matter who fucking stupid the shit they spew is.

Or how fucking stupid they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back