Confederate statue removed from historic North Carolina courthouse

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have no idea of the racial views of folks from the south?

Do you think a system of Jim Crow (legal apartheid) just popped up out of nowhere despite the objections of all of those "southern troopers"??

Do you think black men who also fought for this country in that same world war were lynched and their racist murderers not even convicted despite the objections of all of those "southern troopers"??

You folks really twist yourself into pretzels to defend your confederate fetish

Correct. Support for such programs could have been very high. Or they could have relatively weak majorities. Or they could have been somewhat unpopular, but with a strongly motivated minority supporting them against a less motivated majority.

I don't know. I've never looked into the support that policy had at that time period, historically.

But regardless, I was asked something good about Southern Whites, and I gave one example, ie they helped a lot, in defeating HItler and the Nazis.

Do you want to address that fact, or are you just here to bog the thread down in mindless partisan race baiting pap?
Still playing dumb huh??

Ok....let's say there was a policy in the south that made it legal for black folks to go around and lynch and murder white women -- for no other reason than them being white women....they even nick name the policy Jane Crow...and on the rare occasion that someone is arrested for it -- the legal system insures that person gets off...

Obviously, it won't take a genius to deduce that most of the south would be against that.....

However, that is EXACTLY what the policy was in the south in regards to black men women and children-- that you some how claim you don't know much about....

Do you think this man would blow up a church killing four beautiful little girls and not expect legal punishment because he thought the white supremacist policy of Jim Crow wasn't popular??
View attachment 291796

How do you know that suspect didn't expect punishment? He was probably a liberal, at the point in time the crime was committed, Alabama was solidly leftist

What Democrats of those days were also conservative, racist.

Conservatives have never been in favor of church bombings. Where did you get the idea they were?

As far as Alabama, they were certainly leftist for many years, going for the FDR Raw Deal 4 times in succession, voted for Wilson, Cox, Adlai E Stevenson, Al Smith, etc. All the liberal candidates.

You fucking idiot, those were Democrats, not "Liberals". Although you have a point that Alabama defied the Ku Klux Klan's endorsement of Hoover and voted for Al Smith. That's because Smith was a Democrat. It defied the Klan four years earlier too when it voted for John Davis over the Klan-endorsed Coolidge, same reason. Oh and Alabama was the source of one George Wallace who relentlessly railed against Liberals while defying and running against them. With success in his home state.

Correct. Support for such programs could have been very high. Or they could have relatively weak majorities. Or they could have been somewhat unpopular, but with a strongly motivated minority supporting them against a less motivated majority.

I don't know. I've never looked into the support that policy had at that time period, historically.

But regardless, I was asked something good about Southern Whites, and I gave one example, ie they helped a lot, in defeating HItler and the Nazis.

Do you want to address that fact, or are you just here to bog the thread down in mindless partisan race baiting pap?
Still playing dumb huh??

Ok....let's say there was a policy in the south that made it legal for black folks to go around and lynch and murder white women -- for no other reason than them being white women....they even nick name the policy Jane Crow...and on the rare occasion that someone is arrested for it -- the legal system insures that person gets off...

Obviously, it won't take a genius to deduce that most of the south would be against that.....

However, that is EXACTLY what the policy was in the south in regards to black men women and children-- that you some how claim you don't know much about....

Do you think this man would blow up a church killing four beautiful little girls and not expect legal punishment because he thought the white supremacist policy of Jim Crow wasn't popular??
View attachment 291796

How do you know that suspect didn't expect punishment? He was probably a liberal, at the point in time the crime was committed, Alabama was solidly leftist

Conservatives have never been in favor of church bombings. Where did you get the idea they were?

The South has always been CONSERVATIVE.

As far as Alabama, they were certainly leftist for many years, going for the FDR Raw Deal 4 times in succession, voted for Wilson, Cox, Adlai E Stevenson, Al Smith, etc. All the liberal candidates.

Look at the Governors of Alabama.

This dipshit must think "left" and "right" are the two sides of the paper when you make a list of political parties.

What a fucking doofus.

"A North Carolina county removed a Confederate statue from a historic courthouse early on Wednesday, joining the handful of places around the state where such monuments have come down in recent years despite a law protecting them.

News outlets reported that a subdued crowd of several dozen people watched as the statue of a soldier was taken down overnight outside the historic Chatham county courthouse, where it had stood since 1907. By dawn, even the base was gone..."

Burning books will be next...
Good! Remove all the traitor statues. Especially from courthouses.
Hey, Fort Fun Taliban,
You'd be a hit in Afghanistan

_81577467_buddhas_pair.jpg

I'd like to know when Georgia libs are going to blow up Stone Mountain.
And Mt Rushmore.

"A North Carolina county removed a Confederate statue from a historic courthouse early on Wednesday, joining the handful of places around the state where such monuments have come down in recent years despite a law protecting them.

News outlets reported that a subdued crowd of several dozen people watched as the statue of a soldier was taken down overnight outside the historic Chatham county courthouse, where it had stood since 1907. By dawn, even the base was gone..."

Hey, Fort Fun Taliban,

Thank you for bringing up Stone Mountain.

As a refresher, Stone Mountain outside Atlanta was where William J "Colonel Joe" Siimmons went up in a rented bus with some followers partly from the Leo Frank lynch mob to initiate the Knights of the Ku Klux Klan, the reincarnation of the original 1865 Klan that had disappeared by 1872. He did this on Thanksgiving evening 1915 under the Klan's first-ever burning cross, along with a bible, and unsheathed sword and an American flag, as an opportunistic scheme to capitalize on the then-sensational film "Birth of a Nation", based on a 1905 Lost Cause novel called "The Clansman".

A couple of years later the United Daughters of the Confederacy (UDC), the same group that erected the statue in the OP along with hundreds of others, initiated the idea of a giant stone carving into Stone Mountain celebrating the valiant Confederacy in battle. They hired a noted sculptor who was also a rabid Klanner to tackle the project. At the same time they erected a plaque on a building at 205 West Madison Street in Pulaski Tennessee, honoring that building as the birthplace of the (original) Klan.

That Klan sculptor disengaged in a dispute and left the project to be completed by others. He then went on to carve Mount Rushmore. His name was Gutzon Borglum. The Stone Mountain carving, site of many a Klan honorific ritual, is now the largest relief sculpture in the world. The original plan was to include an altar to the KKK on the request of Helen Plane, President of the Atlanta chapter of the UDC, who wrote to him: "I feel it is due to the KKK that saved us from Negro domination and carpetbag rule, that it be immortalized on Stone Mountain".

The plaque on the building in Tennessee was turned around backward thirty years ago as a way for the building and the town to "turn its back on" the Klan. And the only complainants to whine about that were the Klan themselves, who regularly came to Pulaski for the same reason, to celebrate what one of the apologists in this thread would call their "heritage".

Last edited:

Hey, Fort Fun Taliban,

And Mt Rushmore.

Just mentioned that but the fact is there is no one represented on Rushmore that has anything to do with the Lost Cause. Of the four only Roosevelt was even alive during that campaign. Feel free to show us where TR went around fluffing the Confederacy. And of course if you can show us where Lincoln did that I'm really gonna be impressed.

Several northern states had very small slave populations...NJ is one of them

We do not celebrate that history

The poster with the geographical challenge is trying to float yet another dishonest argument, suggesting that the conflict might have been about who "had" slaves. It was not, of course --- it was about who could prohibit slavery. That was the whole point of secession --- control of the future power of the legality of slavery.

New Jersey had already abolished, like many states phasing out over time. West Virginia did the same, and even separated itself from the Confederate cause by seceding from the secession. The Confederacy's whole hangup was that they feared they would lose control over slavery and be forced to abandon it. But here's a poster who wants to distract to "where slaves existed" just like the other "leftist Alabama" klown who wants to make it about "George Washington".

I've seen nothing to indicate that that was his intent. Seems like something you pulled out of your ass.

Whelp --- read the post he started with and tell us what else he could have meant.

He entered the thread shortly after RW made the fucking stupid claim that a number of issues, including slavery, was the legacy of the confederacy.

It seems likely that he was pointing out that slavery, was not solely a legacy of the Confederacy.
The Confederacy was formed to ensure the perpetual conduct of Slavery

Celebrating the Confederacy is celebrating slavery

For over 5 generations, America as a whole has accepted that it is not.

My suggestion for you, build a time machine, go back in time, and take it up with the Union Veterans who voted for a policy of reconciliation.

Because you have missed the boat, by about 140 years.

Since 40% of the Confederacy was in slavery......

nkyinkim_installation_kwame_akoto_bamfo_1.jpg

Shouldn’t 40% of Confederate statues depict slaves?

Now count how many of the Confederate Statues, celebrate slavery, and I'll be happy to see you match that number with statues about slaves. God. There are other stories you boring fucker.

The Confederacy was more about maintaining slavery than noble Generals on horseback
True.

In fact, there was nothing noble about ‘confederate’ generals and leaders in any regard – they were traitors, war criminals, and purveyors of slavery.

Lee actually pursued a policy where captured freedmen were returned to slavery; he and the other ‘confederate’ generals were in fact reprehensible and repugnant – in no manner deserving of commemoration.

Funny, that the people they fought against, did not feel so strongly about it.

Who are you, to renege on their judgement on the issue? What is your moral authority, that out weights their sacrifice of life and limb?

You're trying to defend immoral men who raped, maimed, lynched, brutalized and murdered people. Why in the hell would these traitors need to be honored.

Your spin on professional soldiers fighting for their homelands, is noted and dismissed.

Do you have any real answer to my question, the one you hit the reply button to?

Still playing dumb huh??

View attachment 291796

You mean like George Wallace?

He is the one that picked his analogy. I'm just pointing out how fucking stupid he is, and how fucking stupid his analogy is.

If you want to discuss the Confederacy's "treatment" of other humans, then let's stick to that, or at last to analogies that have done something similar. Just saying "nazis" because "nazis" are the worst, is they type of thing an incredible stupid and dishonest person would do.

AND it is worth noting, that it is incredible disrespectful to those that died in the Holocaust, to use them as a partisan prop, to score a political advantage against your enemies, you soulless monster.

You are a racist idiot, if you don't understand the analogy I don't know what to tell you.

1. Calling me a racist, just shows that you are a fucking retard.

So you call yourself a dumbass racist defender.

2. I understand the analogy far better than you. I just pointed out how fucking retarded it is, and how retarded you lefties are for making it or defending it. Note your complete inability to defend your analogy in any way.

It's nothing to defend, it is spot on Jackass.

Except when challenged on the specifics, you and your fellow loser RW, couldn't support your analogy at all.

YOU'VE LOST. YOU LOOK STUPID. EVEN MORE THAN NORMAL.

Says the fool who honors men that terrorized a people because of the color of their skin.

Link to support your latest stupid claim, or concede that it was just more shit from your face anus.

I live in NJ

Haven’t seen the monuments celebrating slavery
Why am I not shocked to find out you are ignorant of your own state's history of slavery.

Exactly. Dimwingers deny their racist history.
Actually, we deny nothing.....we don't celebrate it like you do.

I live in NJ

Why am I not shocked to find out you are ignorant of your own state's history of slavery.

Actually, we deny nothing.....we don't celebrate it like you do.

For over 5 generations, America as a whole, was fine with the idea that celebrating Southern Heritage was a harmless part of the larger American culture and Patriotism.

Who are you to renege on that policy of reconciliation, decided on, by the generation that had to fight the Civil War?

Uh black people.

Really? Germany, after the Nazis genocides, has ZERO POINT TWO PERCENT, reporting as Jewish.

America, after the Confederacy, has over TWELVE percentage black population.

Do you even know what the word "genocide" means? Or is it just a buzzword to you, to use to smear people you hate?

Do you understand the crimes and inhumanity that was done by the Confederacy.

Do you understand the fucking stupidity of a Nazi analogy, and pretending that 12 percent is the same as fucking ZERO POINT TWO percent?

I mean, I was talking to RW. He is the fucking moron that made that comparison, and stood by it. And that is the conversation you jumped into. If you want to comment on his fucking stupid post, then address his fucking stupid post.

I am discussing the rest of this issue, in the rest of this thread. THIS bit, is about the stupid shit you people say, and me calling you on it.

If you don't want to discuss how fucking stupid you libs are, when you just use buzz words, with no understanding of what the words actually mean, because you are fucking retarded,

THEN DON'T.

What you fucking don't fucking underfuckingstand in this fuckingly fucked analogy, is that fucking bad actors don't fucking all fucking work the same fucking way. Just because fucking Nazis fucking dealt in fucking genocide while fucking slaveholders fucking enslaved people, doesn't fucking affuckingfect the fucking fact that fucking Germany doesn't fucking hang up fucking statues and fucking monuments trying to fucking dilute and fucking sanitize and fucking whitewash the fucking inhufuckingmanity of their own fucking past, as do the fucking UDC edifices. Fucking both of them lost their fucking wars, did they fucking not?

Goodness gracious, that is a specious comparison.

And you are doing the same stupid fucking thing that rw and supercrackhead are doing. Pretending that some very minor similarity, means that they should have been dealt with the exact same way, and that if not, it is some sort of problem.

My point stands. There are good reasons for the way that we, here in America, dealt with the aftermath of the Civil War, and just saying "nazis" is not a good analogy, and in fact, is fucking stupid, and if you do that, then you are fucking stupid.

If you continue, I will point out some of the other many ways that the two sets of people are very different, and the two situations are very different, and thus, how incredibly fucking stupid you are.
NAZIS is not a good analogy ONLY because the Third Reich lasted twice as long as the loser Con-federacy did......maybe if the Con-federacy leaders had be held responsible in war crime trials like the leading NAZIS did, we wouldn't have had the Lost Cause Movement.

So they saved the world from Nazis, but back home they hated their fellow Americans because they had a different skin color. Smfh.

I have no idea of the racial views of the southern troopers of WWII. I can speak to those of the North, at least the ones I knew personally growing up.

You asked a question and I answered it. Do you have something to say in response, or is this where you admit that you don't give a fuck about the facts of the matter, you just spew hate?
You have no idea of the racial views of folks from the south?

Do you think a system of Jim Crow (legal apartheid) just popped up out of nowhere despite the objections of all of those "southern troopers"??

Do you think black men who also fought for this country in that same world war were lynched and their racist murderers not even convicted despite the objections of all of those "southern troopers"??

You folks really twist yourself into pretzels to defend your confederate fetish

Still playing dumb huh??

View attachment 291796

I don't know. Possibly. Or it could be that he thought that the "Invisible Empire" would have the power to protect him, even though most people were against the murder of children.

I suspect you don't know either. YOU are just assuming the worst, because of the hate in your heart.
It's ironic for someone supportive of the Con-federacy and the slavery of fellow humans to talk about the hate in others' hearts.

Really? Germany, after the Nazis genocides, has ZERO POINT TWO PERCENT, reporting as Jewish.

America, after the Confederacy, has over TWELVE percentage black population.

Do you even know what the word "genocide" means? Or is it just a buzzword to you, to use to smear people you hate?

Do you understand the crimes and inhumanity that was done by the Confederacy.

Do you understand the fucking stupidity of a Nazi analogy, and pretending that 12 percent is the same as fucking ZERO POINT TWO percent?

I mean, I was talking to RW. He is the fucking moron that made that comparison, and stood by it. And that is the conversation you jumped into. If you want to comment on his fucking stupid post, then address his fucking stupid post.

I am discussing the rest of this issue, in the rest of this thread. THIS bit, is about the stupid shit you people say, and me calling you on it.

If you don't want to discuss how fucking stupid you libs are, when you just use buzz words, with no understanding of what the words actually mean, because you are fucking retarded,

THEN DON'T.

What you fucking don't fucking underfuckingstand in this fuckingly fucked analogy, is that fucking bad actors don't fucking all fucking work the same fucking way. Just because fucking Nazis fucking dealt in fucking genocide while fucking slaveholders fucking enslaved people, doesn't fucking affuckingfect the fucking fact that fucking Germany doesn't fucking hang up fucking statues and fucking monuments trying to fucking dilute and fucking sanitize and fucking whitewash the fucking inhufuckingmanity of their own fucking past, as do the fucking UDC edifices. Fucking both of them lost their fucking wars, did they fucking not?

Goodness gracious, that is a specious comparison.

And you are doing the same stupid fucking thing that rw and supercrackhead are doing. Pretending that some very minor similarity, means that they should have been dealt with the exact same way, and that if not, it is some sort of problem.

My point stands. There are good reasons for the way that we, here in America, dealt with the aftermath of the Civil War, and just saying "nazis" is not a good analogy, and in fact, is fucking stupid, and if you do that, then you are fucking stupid.

If you continue, I will point out some of the other many ways that the two sets of people are very different, and the two situations are very different, and thus, how incredibly fucking stupid you are.
NAZIS is not a good analogy ONLY because the Third Reich lasted twice as long as the loser Con-federacy did......maybe if the Con-federacy leaders had be held responsible in war crime trials like the leading NAZIS did, we wouldn't have had the Lost Cause Movement.

Really? Only because of that?

1.What nations were the Confederacy splint into after the war?

2. What ethnic groups did the Confederacy commit genocide on?

3. What nations did the Confederacy try to conquer?

4. DId the Confederacy and the Nazis share economic policy?

5. What outside nations occupied the Confederacy after the war?

6. How much of the Industrial heartland of the Confederacy was destroyed by heavy bombing?

7. HOw many nations occupied majority Confederate ethnic territory at the beginning of the war?

8. How many over seas colonies were taken by foreign powers in the decades prior to the Civil War?

9. What large and powerful nations did the Confederacy have secret alliances with prior to the war?

10 How close were the Confederates to the Atomic Bomb, by the end of the war?

Please show how in each of these limited examples, that the Nazis and the Confederates were soooo fucking alike, and their situations were sooo fucking alike,

or admit that you were just talking shit.

Why would a KKK member carve a mountain sculpture of Lincoln?

Good point.

For money. And besides, Borglum wasn't from the South. He came from the West, where Klanning around was popular with Republicans.

Last edited:
If I was constantly on the wrong side of history all of the time -- I would be trying to revise it too....

But....historical facts kick neo-confederates in the ass so much, they have no choice but to try to rewrite history....

That is why they are called "Neo-Confederates" -- Neo meaning new....revised.....edited....kicked in the ass by history...

We Poles, under Casimir in 1347, freed you slaves without any problem. So the idea that you people have of demonizing an entire section of the country is a load of bull shit IMHO.
Wow! You're old!!!!!

Still playing dumb huh??

View attachment 291796

You mean like George Wallace?

Exactly.

I live in NJ

Yea...200 years ago
We are not embracing the good ole days of slavery
You have to be Republican to do that

Shut your face anus.
Someone is turning all potty mouth

Is it any of our business if a city in North Carolina chooses to remove statues it no longer wants?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back