Confederate statue removed from historic North Carolina courthouse

Status
Not open for further replies.
When Wallace ran for president, why didn't he run as a Democrat??

Oh I remember...because he would have been rejected....

Can you tell me the liberal policies that Wallace ran on??

Actually, George C. Wallace ran for President 4 times, in 1964-68-72-76. Three times as a liberal Democrat and once as an independent.

And he was rejected all 4 times- regardless of what ticket he ran on.

Wallace's liberal policy was Racism and Segregation. The same ones that liberal icons like Clinton's mentor, J. W. Fulbright and Al Gore's father advocated. Wallace chose to run as a Democrat 3 times, because he knew that was the party where his support was at.

I remember being in school, and my liberal classmates, whose dads were union members in the mills, told me how great it would be if Wallace got in as he was going to send all of the African Americans back to Africa. I thought the lib idea was stupid then, and still do today.

Actually, George C. Wallace ran for President 4 times, in 1964-68-72-76. Three times as a liberal Democrat and once as an independent.

Wallace's liberal policy was Racism and Segregation. The same ones that liberal icons like Clinton's mentor, J. W. Fulbright and Al Gore's father advocated. Wallace chose to run as a Democrat 3 times, because he knew that was the party where his support was at.

I think you need to look up the definition of Liberal and Conservative

Google

Google

There is nothing conservative about forcing private businesses to maintain segregation facilities for their customers of different ethnicities. My grandfather served whoever came into his store regardless of their race,as long as they had money.

Google

There is nothing conservative about forcing private businesses to maintain segregation facilities for their customers of different ethnicities. My grandfather served whoever came into his store regardless of their race,as long as they had money.
Yes, that is very conservative....because most of those private businesses are the ones who shaped those Jim Crow policies you doofus...

Do you really think there were tons of private business owners who were upset that they were forced to discriminate against black people?? gtfoh

I remember being in school, and my liberal classmates, whose dads were union members in the mills, told me how great it would be if Wallace got in as he was going to send all of the African Americans back to Africa. I thought the lib idea was stupid then, and still do today.
They were not liberal you dumb ass.....

Google

Afraid there is
Conservatives set up a two tiered society.
White and privileged and those who were not

These were actually the scions of USW members. Devout Big Laborites. So, yes they were libs.

Do you really think there were tons of private business owners who were upset that they were forced to discriminate against black people?? gtfoh

Absolutely.

Why do you think that the lunch counter protesters chose huge chains like FW Woolworth to sit in at?

Because small private businessmen would have been likely to just serve them- and the protesters had ate before they got there and didn't have any money. They were there for a protest, not for lunch. A big liberal international firm from New York like Woolworth would stand by the law.

These were actually the scions of USW members. Devout Big Laborites. So, yes they were libs.
Again, all you have to do is name me one single prominent conservative who was on the front lines of the civil Rights movement, there is a reason you can't...

Upton Sinclair....perhaps the father of the modern labor rights movement....is he a conservative??

A Phillip Randolph..another labor rights icon...is he a conservative??

Eugene Debs....is he a conservative??

You aren't smart enough to run that dumb shit by me....better stick to talking that dumb shit to your fellow trump lovers

Absolutely.

Why do you think that the lunch counter protesters chose huge chains like FW Woolworth to sit in at?

Because small private businessmen would have been likely to just serve them- and the protesters had ate before they got there and didn't have any money. They were there for a protest, not for lunch. A big liberal international firm from New York like Woolworth would stand by the law.
Boy do you have that wrong

The big chains like Woolworth had stores all over the country. The bad publicity hurt them nationwide

The small, hometown business did not want to offend their community and vigorously enforced Jim Crow

woolworthsharlem.jpg

Again, all you have to do is name me one single prominent conservative who was on the front lines of the civil Rights movement, there is a reason you can't...

Upton Sinclair....perhaps the father of the modern labor rights movement....is he a conservative??

A Phillip Randolph..another labor rights icon...is he a conservative??

Eugene Debs....is he a conservative??

You aren't smart enough to run that dumb shit by me....better stick to talking that dumb shit to your fellow trump lovers

I guess you never heard of Labor Activist John McLuckie, head of the Amalgamated- USW's predecessor? McLuckie was HC Frick's adversary in Homestead, PA, and his Amalgamated Union barred blacks, Slavs and others that did not meet their definition of racial purity from membership. Further, the unionists in Homestead protested when Mr. Frick recruited African Americans (as well as Poles and others) to work in his mill.

Yes, conservatives like Frick- as well as President DJ Trump who has reduced black unemployment to all time lows- were the real pro-civil rights types. They did it with action, although not necessarily rioting in the streets.

Duty,honor, and bravery are never “lost causes.”
Especially in the attempt to get slavery established in new territories.
Robert E. Lee was opposed to slavery and the Confederate Constitution condemned the international slave trade. The abolitionist that pushed the Dred Scott case to US Supreme Court were the ones that destroyed the Missouri Comprise line of 1820.
Lee owned slaves and fought a war to ensure they remained slaves. International slave trade had been banned in the US since 1805. The Confederacy didn’t need slaves from overseas. They had four million slaves and had no problem breeding their own
It was 1808 and Democrats breed welfare slaves today.

Absolutely.

The big chains like Woolworth had stores all over the country. The bad publicity hurt them nationwide

The small, hometown business did not want to offend their community and vigorously enforced Jim Crow

woolworthsharlem.jpg
If a black store owner doesn’t want white customers...it’s his right as an entrepreneur.

Absolutely.

woolworthsharlem.jpg

Local 420 was just pissed in your pic, that Woolworth's was a Scab outfit. They could care less about civil rights.

Duty,honor, and bravery are never “lost causes.”
Especially in the attempt to get slavery established in new territories.
Robert E. Lee was opposed to slavery and the Confederate Constitution condemned the international slave trade. The abolitionist that pushed the Dred Scott case to US Supreme Court were the ones that destroyed the Missouri Comprise line of 1820.
Lee owned slaves and fought a war to ensure they remained slaves. International slave trade had been banned in the US since 1805. The Confederacy didn’t need slaves from overseas. They had four million slaves and had no problem breeding their own
Lee freed slaves that were left him and so did his wife.:
“ Born into two of Virginia's most prominent families, Lee spent his early years surrounded by enslaved African Americans, although that changed once he joined the Army. His wife, Mary Randolph Custis Lee, freed her own personal slaves, but her father, George Washington Parke Custis, still owned many people, and when he died, Robert E. Lee, as executor of his estate, was responsible for manumitting them within five years. He was widely criticized for taking the full five years.”
-Encyclopedia of Virginia

Absolutely.

woolworthsharlem.jpg
If a black store owner doesn’t want white customers...it’s his right as an entrepreneur.

I agree with that. If a traveling group of Triple K people brought their sheets into an African American owned cleaner, I would not criticize the owner for refusing service.

Absolutely.

woolworthsharlem.jpg
Afraid it is not his right

Absolutely.

woolworthsharlem.jpg
No, it is not his right......are you even familiar with the Civil Rights laws??

Absolutely.

woolworthsharlem.jpg
It's amazing to me that these folks are on here both trying to claim liberals are against civil rights and in favor of discrimination while at the same time trying to defend discrimination and being against civil rights.....

Absolutely.

woolworthsharlem.jpg

Actually, you are wrong on that, RW.

Back in January, the Black Congressional Israelites entered the radar for a lot of the public, and it was revealed that the do not accept Honkies as members, or even allow them into their temples. Further, groups as wide ranging as the Black Panthers to the Black Muslims to the Cripz and Bloodz,have strict bans on whites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back