Confederate statue removed from historic North Carolina courthouse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Duty,honor, and bravery are never “lost causes.”
Especially in the attempt to get slavery established in new territories.
Robert E. Lee was opposed to slavery and the Confederate Constitution condemned the international slave trade. The abolitionist that pushed the Dred Scott case to US Supreme Court were the ones that destroyed the Missouri Comprise line of 1820.
Lee owned slaves and fought a war to ensure they remained slaves. International slave trade had been banned in the US since 1805. The Confederacy didn’t need slaves from overseas. They had four million slaves and had no problem breeding their own
Lee freed slaves that were left him and so did his wife.:
“ Born into two of Virginia's most prominent families, Lee spent his early years surrounded by enslaved African Americans, although that changed once he joined the Army. His wife, Mary Randolph Custis Lee, freed her own personal slaves, but her father, George Washington Parke Custis, still owned many people, and when he died, Robert E. Lee, as executor of his estate, was responsible for manumitting them within five years. He was widely criticized for taking the full five years.”
-Encyclopedia of Virginia

Robert E. Lee, as executor of his estate, was responsible for manumitting them within five years. He was widely criticized for taking the full five years.”

Do you really think there were tons of private business owners who were upset that they were forced to discriminate against black people?? gtfoh

Absolutely.

Why do you think that the lunch counter protesters chose huge chains like FW Woolworth to sit in at?

Because small private businessmen would have been likely to just serve them- and the protesters had ate before they got there and didn't have any money. They were there for a protest, not for lunch. A big liberal international firm from New York like Woolworth would stand by the law.
Boy do you have that wrong

The big chains like Woolworth had stores all over the country. The bad publicity hurt them nationwide

The small, hometown business did not want to offend their community and vigorously enforced Jim Crow

woolworthsharlem.jpg
If a black store owner doesn’t want white customers...it’s his right as an entrepreneur.
Afraid it is not his right

Actually, you are wrong on that, RW.

Back in January, the Black Congressional Israelites entered the radar for a lot of the public, and it was revealed that the do not accept Honkies as members, or even allow them into their temples. Further, groups as wide ranging as the Black Panthers to the Black Muslims to the Cripz and Bloodz,have strict bans on whites.
Private clubs are free to accept who they want

Private businesses are not

Absolutely.

Why do you think that the lunch counter protesters chose huge chains like FW Woolworth to sit in at?

Because small private businessmen would have been likely to just serve them- and the protesters had ate before they got there and didn't have any money. They were there for a protest, not for lunch. A big liberal international firm from New York like Woolworth would stand by the law.

The big chains like Woolworth had stores all over the country. The bad publicity hurt them nationwide

The small, hometown business did not want to offend their community and vigorously enforced Jim Crow

woolworthsharlem.jpg
If a black store owner doesn’t want white customers...it’s his right as an entrepreneur.

Back in January, the Black Congressional Israelites entered the radar for a lot of the public, and it was revealed that the do not accept Honkies as members, or even allow them into their temples. Further, groups as wide ranging as the Black Panthers to the Black Muslims to the Cripz and Bloodz,have strict bans on whites.

A lot of Ladies of Easy Virtue won't accept African American men, especially young blacks, as clientele. Is that a violation?

Conservatives have never been in favor of church bombings. Where did you get the idea they were?

The South has always been CONSERVATIVE.

As far as Alabama, they were certainly leftist for many years, going for the FDR Raw Deal 4 times in succession, voted for Wilson, Cox, Adlai E Stevenson, Al Smith, etc. All the liberal candidates.

Look at the Governors of Alabama.

You mean like George Wallace?

What you want a statue for him now.

Just making the point that he was elected in the deep south, after he flipped on the segregation issue, with a base in the rural white poor.

Just another example of real history conflicting with the leftard fantasy that history was all about race.
When Wallace ran for president, why didn't he run as a Democrat??

Oh I remember...because he would have been rejected....

Can you tell me the liberal policies that Wallace ran on??

I really do get tired of having to slap the shit out of closet racists with facts...but I got time today.....

"But by the fall of 1968, George Wallace had pulled the major parties to the right" <<-- liberals don't pull both parties to the right do they??

"Republican presidential nominee Richard Nixon conceded the Deep South to him and came up with a “southern strategy” designed to appeal to white backlash over civil rights." <<-- Who were the ones pissed off at the civil rights movement?? Liberals or Conservatives??

"[Wallace] boasted of his crowd sizes; complained of “rigged polls” and accused the media of treating him unfairly, all while working to ensure the spotlight stayed on him." Like Trump....

His platform was very much conservative, instead of "Make America Great Again" -- Wallace named his campaign "Stand Up For America" -- and his supporters were known for saying things like “When George Wallace is elected president, he’s going to line up all these n-----s and shoot them,’’ Tom Turnipseed recalled. “I said, ‘Oh, hell no’ … this guy was dead serious.”

Stand Up For America: George Wallace's chaotic, prophetic campaign

We have seen this before...and we have also seen how folks like you will blatantly try to rewrite that history because once again, you are on the wrong side of it....sounds like a personal problem to me

Why did you not address my point, about what happened after he flipped on that issue?

The South has always been CONSERVATIVE.

Look at the Governors of Alabama.

Just making the point that he was elected in the deep south, after he flipped on the segregation issue, with a base in the rural white poor.

Just another example of real history conflicting with the leftard fantasy that history was all about race.

I really do get tired of having to slap the shit out of closet racists with facts...but I got time today.....

"But by the fall of 1968, George Wallace had pulled the major parties to the right" <<-- liberals don't pull both parties to the right do they??

"Republican presidential nominee Richard Nixon conceded the Deep South to him and came up with a “southern strategy” designed to appeal to white backlash over civil rights." <<-- Who were the ones pissed off at the civil rights movement?? Liberals or Conservatives??

"[Wallace] boasted of his crowd sizes; complained of “rigged polls” and accused the media of treating him unfairly, all while working to ensure the spotlight stayed on him." Like Trump....

His platform was very much conservative, instead of "Make America Great Again" -- Wallace named his campaign "Stand Up For America" -- and his supporters were known for saying things like “When George Wallace is elected president, he’s going to line up all these n-----s and shoot them,’’ Tom Turnipseed recalled. “I said, ‘Oh, hell no’ … this guy was dead serious.”

We have seen this before...and we have also seen how folks like you will blatantly try to rewrite that history because once again, you are on the wrong side of it....sounds like a personal problem to me

Why did you not address my point, about what happened after he flipped on that issue?
I have 50 years of policy and facts that tells what happened.....

50 years later, it is the Republican party (CONSERVATIVES) who are still butt hurt about the civil rights movement....

50 years later, it is the Republican party (CONSERVATIVES) who are still trying to gut the Voting Rights Act....

50 years later, it is the Republican party (CONSERVATIVES) who are still trying to pass policies that discriminate against minority groups....

Now, who are these prominent conservatives who were standing along side of MLK during the civil rights movement?

I live in NJ

Haven’t seen the monuments celebrating slavery
Why am I not shocked to find out you are ignorant of your own state's history of slavery.

Several northern states had very small slave populations...NJ is one of them

We do not celebrate that history
Exactly. Dimwingers deny their racist history.
Actually, we deny nothing.....we don't celebrate it like you do.
Link to me celebrating anything considered racist, liar.

50 years later, it is the Republican party (CONSERVATIVES) who are still butt hurt about the civil rights movement....

50 years later, it is the Republican party (CONSERVATIVES) who are still trying to gut the Voting Rights Act....

50 years later, it is the Republican party (CONSERVATIVES) who are still trying to pass policies that discriminate against minority groups....

Now, who are these prominent conservatives who were standing along side of MLK during the civil rights movement?
What a pantload.

Au contraire.

The GOP's success in getting Civil Rights passed and achieving final victory eliminated it as an issue, and enabled conservatives to start appealing to southern voters. Before the Civil Rights Act, when it was an issue, the libs had a death clutch on the land of cotton.

The Republicans would be history today, if it wasn't for the Civil Rights Act, and their success in getting this passed.

What a pantload.
Refute one single thing I said or shut the fuck up....

Trump Administration Asks Supreme Court to Legalize Workplace Discrimination Against Gay Employees

GOP Congressman: Refusing to Sell Your House to a Gay Person Is a Right

Republicans are brazenly gutting voting rights in the lame duck before they lose power

Au contraire.

The GOP's success in getting Civil Rights passed and achieving final victory eliminated it as an issue, and enabled conservatives to start appealing to southern voters. Before the Civil Rights Act, when it was an issue, the libs had a death clutch on the land of cotton.

The Republicans would be history today, if it wasn't for the Civil Rights Act, and their success in getting this passed.
Name me one single conservative who was on the front line along side of king during the Civil Rights movement....why is this so hard for you folks to answer??

I am not concerned with your revisionist history.....

What a pantload.

Trump Administration Asks Supreme Court to Legalize Workplace Discrimination Against Gay Employees

Republicans are brazenly gutting voting rights in the lame duck before they lose power

Being black isn't the same as taking it in the caboose.

Go to any ghetto street corner, and ask the young men "are you gay", and see what it gets to, if you don't believe me.

BTW, no employer or home seller needs to know if their customer or employee is a homosexual. Whatever happened to telling people about your sexual preferences on a "need to know" basis?

What a pantload.

Being black isn't the same as taking it in the caboose.

Go to any ghetto street corner, and ask the young men "are you gay", and see what it gets to, if you don't believe me.

BTW, no employer or home seller needs to know if their customer or employee is a homosexual. Whatever happened to telling people about your sexual preferences on a "need to know" basis?
See how I listed FACTUAL EVIDENCE to prove my point...and you couldn't refute one single thing I said??

I suggest you shut the fuck up typing to me and find someone else to play with.....

woolworthsharlem.jpg

A lot of Ladies of Easy Virtue won't accept African American men, especially young blacks, as clientele. Is that a violation?

Yes
If they work in a legal brothel. They are not allowed to post signs that say......Whites only

What a pantload.

Alt-left opinion pieces.

yawn......

What a pantload.

Alt-left opinion pieces.

yawn......
Where is the opinion?

What a pantload.

Alt-left opinion pieces.

yawn......
Where is the opinion?
They begin with the titles, and don’t stop.

What a pantload.

Alt-left opinion pieces.

yawn......
Where is the opinion?
They begin with the titles, and don’t stop.

Opinion?

The brief, from Solicitor General Noel Francisco, argues federal prohibitions on employer discrimination do not extend to protect individuals from being fired or otherwise disenfranchised in the workplace because of their sexual orientation.

Opinion?

The brief, from Solicitor General Noel Francisco, argues federal prohibitions on employer discrimination do not extend to protect individuals from being fired or otherwise disenfranchised in the workplace because of their sexual orientation.

If an employee tells his employer what his sexual preferences are, that's violating the employer's space. Its really not firing him because of those preferences, but because he is sharing info the employer doesn't need to know.

If I hire someone to shovel shit, I don't need to hear about how they like to take it in the caboose.

Confederate statue removed from historic North Carolina courthouse

"A North Carolina county removed a Confederate statue from a historic courthouse early on Wednesday, joining the handful of places around the state where such monuments have come down in recent years despite a law protecting them.

News outlets reported that a subdued crowd of several dozen people watched as the statue of a soldier was taken down overnight outside the historic Chatham county courthouse, where it had stood since 1907. By dawn, even the base was gone..."

Burning books will be next...
Good! Remove all the traitor statues. Especially from courthouses.

That's a good commie fascist......
Yes, I know this all bothers you wannabe klan members. Remember when you pussies had the guts to wear your hoods? Oh wait, you pussies were hiding then, too. Nevermind.

The Klan were democrats moron

Cripes learn something
They would be Republicans today.

Opinion?

If an employee tells his employer what his sexual preferences are, that's violating the employer's space. Its really not firing him because of those preferences, but because he is sharing info the employer doesn't need to know.

If I hire someone to shovel shit, I don't need to hear about how they like to take it in the caboose.
So an employee should also be fired for telling someone he or she is Jewish or Christian too right??

...also, if someone finds out an employee is married to someone of the opposite sex -- that person should be fired for letting it be known they are straight?? gtfoh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back