Confederate statue removed from historic North Carolina courthouse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thurmond was the ONLY one. THe rest all returned to the dem party, like good little boys.

Thurmond and Wright (his running mate) were the only ones. After that didn't work they went back to their governor jobs, then Thurmond went to run for the Senate but the state Democrats kicked him off the ballot and he had to run as a write-in, which he did, and won, and that's how he got to the Senate.

AGAIN ---- NAME RECOGNITION.

And the rest returned to the dem party like good little boys.

Your point that racism is not the defining narrative of those elections, that it was name recognition and not the issue of racism, is a very good one.

Indeed, your point is very, very close to mine, where I pointed out, in the last election of George Wallace, that his voters were NOT turned off by his flipping on the segregation issue, that that election, and thus others, were NOT about racism, as dishonest liberals always claim.

The myth of the Southern White voter, let alone ALL American white voters, being consumed by Evul Racism Hatred, and what have you,

is ironically LIBERALS, being evil and racist and full of hate for a race.

I guess I must say, OTHER liberals now, since you have finally seen the light. GOOD FOR YOU.

I look forward to your help in speaking the truth into their universe of lies.
Thurmond was the ONLY one. THe rest all returned to the dem party, like good little boys.

No Thurmond wasn't the only one, then we got the next generation who had the same mindset as Thurmond. Trent Lott, Jeff Sessions, Orin Hatch, etc.

Sorry buddy, pick a definition and stick with it. The Dixicrats were brought up to support the insane claim that the South flipped parties based on racism.

Changing the usage of a word, halfway though a discussion, is just you being a liberal.

We already knew that. So you don't need to demonstrate your lack of a soul.

Really not an argument to make. Conservatism and racism pretty much go hand in hand, wherever you find conservatives you find racist.

If that was true, you wouldn't have to play word games to make your point. YOu could just MAKE IT, based on what actually happened, instead of putting your time and energy into being dishonest.

You are either a fool or a liar.

Prove me wrong, the folks you want to honor were conservative in their thinking and they were racist in their thinking. Almost all racist today are conservative in their thinking. Not hard to figure out.

So, to support your conclusion, you make an unsupported assertion about some people from generations ago, and then make an unsupported asserting about some people today, you make no attempt to connect your two unsupported assertions across time, in any fashion,

And in your mind, you actually did something there, other than reveal yourself to be a drooling moron?

Incredible.

You are literally insane.

The Klan needs to make a comeback. In a big way.

They already have.

iu
The New Demokrat KKK.

No Democrats in the klan today
They all belong to the RepubliKlan Party today

Lie much?

Nope

That is why they call them the RepubliKlan Party

No one calls anyone that, Comrade shitferbrains.

The Klan died in 1968, sued into oblivion.

Hmm, we can do the same to your new brown shirts, ANTIFA....

They already have.

iu
The New Demokrat KKK.

Lie much?

Nope

"Comrade" ...squawk! "Stalinists"....blah blah blah "Communists" yada yada yada :2cents:

Thurmond and Wright (his running mate) were the only ones. After that didn't work they went back to their governor jobs, then Thurmond went to run for the Senate but the state Democrats kicked him off the ballot and he had to run as a write-in, which he did, and won, and that's how he got to the Senate.

Your point that racism is not the defining narrative of those elections, that it was name recognition and not the issue of racism, is a very good one.

Indeed, your point is very, very close to mine, where I pointed out, in the last election of George Wallace, that his voters were NOT turned off by his flipping on the segregation issue, that that election, and thus others, were NOT about racism, as dishonest liberals always claim.

The myth of the Southern White voter, let alone ALL American white voters, being consumed by Evul Racism Hatred, and what have you,

I guess I must say, OTHER liberals now, since you have finally seen the light. GOOD FOR YOU.

No Thurmond wasn't the only one, then we got the next generation who had the same mindset as Thurmond. Trent Lott, Jeff Sessions, Orin Hatch, etc.

Sorry buddy, pick a definition and stick with it. The Dixicrats were brought up to support the insane claim that the South flipped parties based on racism.

Changing the usage of a word, halfway though a discussion, is just you being a liberal.

Really not an argument to make. Conservatism and racism pretty much go hand in hand, wherever you find conservatives you find racist.
Conservatism and the GOP have clearly benefited from racism.

Racists identify as conservative and vote Republican.

Of course, this doesn’t mean all conservatives are racists – but racists have found refuge among the ranks of conservatives and Republicans, a significant portion of the Republican base is racist and bigoted, and Republicans are loathe to condemn the racists and bigots in the GOP for fear of losing the partisan advantage afforded Republicans given the steadfast loyalty racists and bigots have for the Party.

This is the Faustian agreement the GOP made the consequence of the Southern Strategy: to welcome with open arms bigots and racists – former Southern Democrats – ignoring their racism and accepting their votes for Republican candidates.

A nice fairy tale to tell children. Any looking at the real world, past or present shows it to be a completely lie.

Which is why you guys are so firm in your stone walling.

On some level, you know that the slightest hint of the Truth, will cause your house of lies to come crashing down, into flame and ruin.

And you are terrified of having to deal with the real world.

Smfh. Study History and not His-Story and you might learn something.

Duke was elected on the republican ticket, hehe.
To a State legislature......20+ years ago.

Meanwhile......Robert KKK Byrd.

You don't hear me trying to defend Bird.
You just ignore the Grand Kleagle of the KKK who your party elected as Senate Majority Leader, and served until 2010.

David Duke. Hehe.

Neither party is mine, not the Jackass or the Elephant. Racist, KKK, skinheads, etc. flocked to your beloved King.
Sorry, that would be YOUR racist Dimwinger party.

https://www.usnews.com/news/article...-quigg-endorses-hillary-clinton-for-president

That would be the Republikkklan party.

If that was true, you wouldn't have to play word games to make your point. YOu could just MAKE IT, based on what actually happened, instead of putting your time and energy into being dishonest.

Prove me wrong, the folks you want to honor were conservative in their thinking and they were racist in their thinking. Almost all racist today are conservative in their thinking. Not hard to figure out.

So, to support your conclusion, you make an unsupported assertion about some people from generations ago, and then make an unsupported asserting about some people today, you make no attempt to connect your two unsupported assertions across time, in any fashion,

And in your mind, you actually did something there, other than reveal yourself to be a drooling moron?

Incredible.

Wow, so you are telling us that those folks were not conservative in their thinking, pretty much the same as you are today.

They already have.

iu
The New Demokrat KKK.

Lie much?

Nope

Rightwinger has become nothing but a partisan troll, since I took him seriously and talked to him about his vision for the future, and he realized that it would create a racist dystopia.

Of course, this doesn’t mean all conservatives are racists – but racists have found refuge among the ranks of conservatives and Republicans, a significant portion of the Republican base is racist and bigoted, and Republicans are loathe to condemn the racists and bigots in the GOP for fear of losing the partisan advantage afforded Republicans given the steadfast loyalty racists and bigots have for the Party.

This is the Faustian agreement the GOP made the consequence of the Southern Strategy: to welcome with open arms bigots and racists – former Southern Democrats – ignoring their racism and accepting their votes for Republican candidates.

A nice fairy tale to tell children. Any looking at the real world, past or present shows it to be a completely lie.

Which is why you guys are so firm in your stone walling.

On some level, you know that the slightest hint of the Truth, will cause your house of lies to come crashing down, into flame and ruin.

And you are terrified of having to deal with the real world.

Smfh. Study History and not His-Story and you might learn something.

I have, and found that your side's lies, to be completely unfounded bullshit.

Any time I talk to people like you, about your claims, your "evidence" boils down to "code word" bullshit, and flat denials of what people at the time were actually doing.

Nixon, the supposed creator of the "Southern Strategy", was the President that de-segregated southern schools.

LIberals are the ones that lie about history.

Incredible.

Wow, so you are telling us that those folks were not conservative in their thinking, pretty much the same as you are today.

It is clear what I am telling you, because I just told it to you. Instead of making up shit and asking me if that is what I told you,

just address the massive failure of yours, in your pretense of supporting your argument.

Here is one example of how stupid your position is, you drooling race baiting moron.

General Lee's primary reason for deciding to NOT lead the Union Army and instead lead the Confederate Army was his desire to not wage war on his own family and community.

I might be willing to concede that not wanting to kill your own people, might be a conservative trait, and not a liberal one, but I don't think that was what you meant. You drooling moron.

But seriously, that was not "conservative" either of the time, nor today, and nor was it even "racist", either then or today, you drooling moron.

Was Strom Thurmond a Dixiecrat?

Was Jessie Helms a Dixiecrat?

Was Strom Thurmond a Dixiecrat?

Was Jessie Helms a Dixiecrat?

The Democrats had the same problem with the Solid South fifty years ago

Good riddance.

What books would you ban/burn first? Uncle Tom's Cabin? Common Sense?

A book is totally different from a statue or monument honoring these traitorous racist.
The book of the Confederacy is more like Mein Kamph

What "book of the confederacy," you drooling fucking moron?

I doubt you've ever read a book in your life.

upload_2019-12-2_8-29-23.gif

There wasn’t a push to construct Union war memorials after 1910. There was for Confederate memorials

There were no memorials on the DC mall until the Vietnam Memorial.
After the Vietnam Memorial was built, Korean War vets said....how about us? Then WWII vets said.....how about us?
It was there in 1862 you blithering revisionist history idiot.
WHAT a was there in 1862?
A union before you destroyed it, men enlisted from both sides. Often from same town. They stood arm by arm shoulder by shoulder and died that way.
600,000 died because the South was afraid they would lose their right to own another human
They were not human. Legally they were property. South had honor, integrity and pride.
Dic sucking racists still trying to defend dic sucking racists of the past...and then they wonder why we call them dic sucking racists

To a State legislature......20+ years ago.

Meanwhile......Robert KKK Byrd.

You don't hear me trying to defend Bird.
You just ignore the Grand Kleagle of the KKK who your party elected as Senate Majority Leader, and served until 2010.

David Duke. Hehe.

Neither party is mine, not the Jackass or the Elephant. Racist, KKK, skinheads, etc. flocked to your beloved King.
Sorry, that would be YOUR racist Dimwinger party.

https://www.usnews.com/news/article...-quigg-endorses-hillary-clinton-for-president

That would be the Republikkklan party.
Hitlery wasn’t on the Republican ticket, dummy.

BULLSHIT.

The groundwork was lain for the Klan already with the Lost Cause pushing this revisionist narrative. The KKK rose directly out of the sensation of the movie "Birth of a Nation" which in turn rose out of a wildly popular play based on the wildly popular novel "The Clansman" in 1905. ALL of those were narrative of the Cult of the Lost Cause, ALL of them depicting the worst racial stereotypes and ALL of them penetrated deep into the culture. Simmons' whole point in rekindling the Klan in 1915 was to capitalize on that cultural momentum by making the Klan people saw in the movie into a real thing that people could actually join, and in the process put money in his pocket. So when the Klan became a real thing it did so in a fertile field that was built for it to take off. Within a decade its members numbered in the millions from sea to shining sea, FAR outpacing the reach of the original 1865 Klan.

Moreover ALL of them -- the book, the play, the movie, the race riots, the segregation, the Jim Crow laws --- were taking place simultaneously with the UDC propaganda transmitter campaign. The statue in this thread was erected in 1907. Ten years later they were affixing a plaque to a building in Pulaski Tennessee to "honor" that building as the birthplace of the original KKK.
You sure know your party's history, Dimwinger.
The history of the klan and all white supremacists is firmly with the Republican Party.
There is little difference between the platforms of the KKK and Republican Party
Revisionist history.

The Dimwinger party is the party of the KKK.

Not TODAY

TODAY you cant differentiate between the agenda of the GOP and the agenda of the klan

That's bullshit, mainly because the Triple K is down to less than 200 members nationwide, more than half are law enforcement or embedded individuals working for news organizations keeping an eye on the extremists.

Link to ANY of that?

No Sparkles, it would be impossible to put a number on an organization that does not officially exist. Literally anyone who wants to can cut up a bedsheet and declare himself/herself Grand DIckhead of his/her region with no qualification from any entity to do so. That's exactly what David Dookey did.

And btw if you could put a number on it it would be fewer than 200, not "less". Less of 'much', fewer of 'many'. But that's moot, since you have no number at all.. NOBODY does.

The KKK would totally disappear if it wasn't for the publicity given them by CNN and money provided by law enforcement officers paying dues.

The klan is a tool of the media and deep state, if you follow the money, not Republicans or conservatives at all.

The Klan, or whatever passes for one, is a tool of hyperconservative terrorism. Always has been. That's why those who play dress-up DO it. All you need is a bedsheet and a megaphone painted white with eye holes cut into it and you cash in on a symbol that's already established. And as ever throughout history, it's not a specifically political organization but a social one (meaning it seeks to influence social mores), so its practitioners may or may not have a political affiliation at all. But if they do, they're going for the most conservative one they can find, for the same reason that the Thurmonds and the Helmses and all those conservatives who followed jumped to the Republican Party. It gets more of what they want done, done. But most of what said Klanners do is the direct action of direct social interaction --- public displays, private intimidation etc --- rather than the indirect actions of politics.

And fuck no, it's got ZERO to do with any "deep state" just as it has ZERO to do with the Tooth Fairy. KKK are hypernationalists but their perspective doesn't blossom anywhere near the broad level of "Deep State". What they're after is "white purity" paranoia, and that's got ZERO to do with any "Deep State", even if there were such a thing.

I love how Trumpers try to disavow the Klan while also pushing all of the core policies that the Klan supports....

Maybe that is why the Klan believes Trump is one of them so much.....maybe that is why the klan and their confederate-porn show up at Trump rallies all of the time.....

I love how Trumpers try to disavow the Klan while also pushing all of the core policies that the Klan supports....

Maybe that is why the Klan believes Trump is one of them so much.....maybe that is why the klan and their confederate-porn show up at Trump rallies all of the time.....

When did the Republicans ever push for segregation?

The Triple K is paid by Democrat operatives to show up at Trump events to cause trouble.

When did the Republicans ever push for segregation?

The Triple K is paid by Democrat operatives to show up at Trump events to cause trouble.
When did conservatives ever push for segregation?? Always.....

Are you saying the guy who wrote this book would be welcome in today's republican party??
6650445-M.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back