Confederate Statue Removers Are Soldier Haters

I don't remember the Confederacy forming any country to protect slavery in 1776 or 1789.

You really want to be that trite? You obviously understood my meaning.

Read what I posted- read what your response was- perhaps your 'meaning' was either unclear or just false.

Not unclear at all. Obviously, using Southern and Confederate as synonymous terms. But you wanted to go down this trite road b/c you didn't have a decent rebuttal otherwise it would seem.

Your inability to write clearly is not my problem. My rebuttal was quite factual- the Confederacy wasn't formed in 1776 or 1789- in 1860 when the Confederacy was formed their Constitution was written to permanently ensure the institution of slavery.

Your inability to interpret meaning is though. Or did you really think I thought that the confederacy formed in the 18th century? Again, you simply didn't want to reply to the point, so you made it about something trite.

If you didn't mean that the you thought the Confederacy formed in the 18th century- then your reply was nonsensical.

You claimed that the DNC was responsible for the segregation of baseball.

Show me that quote.
Glad to

Here is the post by Pogo that you responded to- note 'ban blacks from baseball' at the bottom:

upload_2017-8-26_19-50-35.png

And here is your reply

upload_2017-8-26_19-50-57.png

Where you identify baseball segregation as a 'bunch of sh** that was created or embraced by the DNC.

I then pointed out that baseball segregation started in Union states- states that were largely Republican.

Not a shock though- racism and segregation was hardly a Democrat or Republican vice- it was common throughout the United States for decades.

Attachments

• upload_2017-8-26_19-50-2.png
    upload_2017-8-26_19-50-2.png
    25 KB · Views: 20
You really want to be that trite? You obviously understood my meaning.

Read what I posted- read what your response was- perhaps your 'meaning' was either unclear or just false.

Not unclear at all. Obviously, using Southern and Confederate as synonymous terms. But you wanted to go down this trite road b/c you didn't have a decent rebuttal otherwise it would seem.

Your inability to write clearly is not my problem. My rebuttal was quite factual- the Confederacy wasn't formed in 1776 or 1789- in 1860 when the Confederacy was formed their Constitution was written to permanently ensure the institution of slavery.

Your inability to interpret meaning is though. Or did you really think I thought that the confederacy formed in the 18th century? Again, you simply didn't want to reply to the point, so you made it about something trite.

If you didn't mean that the you thought the Confederacy formed in the 18th century- then your reply was nonsensical.

You're being thick. Go back and substitute Southern for Confederate.

Show me that quote.
Glad to

Here is the post by Pogo that you responded to- note 'ban blacks from baseball' at the bottom:

View attachment 146246
And here is your reply

View attachment 146247
Where you identify baseball segregation as a 'bunch of sh** that was created or embraced by the DNC.

I then pointed out that baseball segregation started in Union states- states that were largely Republican.

Not a shock though- racism and segregation was hardly a Democrat or Republican vice- it was common throughout the United States for decades.

Again, you're thick. 1. We're still not talking about the north. 2. Obviously, it didn't mean everything on his list necessarily.

LOL- not my job to make sense out of your word puzzle.

Show me that quote.
Glad to

View attachment 146246
And here is your reply

View attachment 146247

Again, you're thick. 1. We're still not talking about the north. 2. Obviously, it didn't mean everything on his list necessarily.
here were your words

upload_2017-8-26_20-6-50.png

Not seeing any exclusions there- or any acknowledgement of the segregation that was created in the Republican states.

Whenever the Great Gatsby is proven wrong (like I did with his bullshit that only six percent of the South owned slaves), he tends to try to say it was only about one small little part and we should ignore the whole.

Gatsby is an example of a cherry picker at their finest.

That's what the Lost Cause movement thought by putting up all these statues and monuments. And by writing "The Clansman" and minstrel show songs and Jim Crow laws and filming "Birth of a Nation".

And for way too long --- they were right; you could indeed ignore those ramifiations and have segregated restaurants and bomb black neighborhoods and commit lynchings and ban blacks from baseball. Now those chickens are back to roost.

You're naming a bunch of sh** that was created or embraced by DNC, brah.

uh...nnnnnnnnnnnno. This isn't even a political thing. It's a cultural movement. Lost Cause of the Confederacy

"Cultural movement" means you write novels and theater plays, you film outrageous movies, you rewrite history textbooks, you write racist vaudeville songs, you produce a radio show called "Amos 'n' Andy", you produce a cartoon called "Song of the South" --- and you put up hundreds of statues and monuments as propaganda transmitters, carefully placed in public squares and in front of city/county government buildings so that they look legit.

That's how you get those sensibilities into the public mind, to such an extent that you can keep blacks out of baseball for sixty years. For one example. And the end result of that mass brain wash is the Jim Crow laws, and the record-setting riots, and the lynchings. Oddly though, those repercussions don't have monuments.

You just cited all those political forces and then say it's not a political thing. :lmao:

Correct. Novelists and newspaper writers and playwrights and film directors and revisionist historians and Vaudeville songwriters and Al Jolsons and Walt Disneys and Amos & Andys and Major League Baseball and the United Daughters of the Confederacy are not political things. They're cultural shapers. And that can be a lot more influential.

Brah, I brought up the cultural angle first IIRC. Politics and culture not mutually exclusive.

Actually I didn't ask what you're wearing

I brought up the cultural angle first IIRC.

Then you don't RC. I was the first one to bring it into this thread, immediately as it first went up way before you got here. You can go ahead and check. It's my whole angle.

Politics and culture not mutually exclusive.

They have their intersections of course. But that doesn't change the fact that movies and theater and radio and statues and history books and novels and baseball are not political things.

Show me that quote.
Glad to

View attachment 146246
And here is your reply

View attachment 146247

here were your words

View attachment 146249

Not seeing any exclusions there- or any acknowledgement of the segregation that was created in the Republican states.

No need for exclusions in such informal discourse. You shouldn't be making such presumptive arguments.

It's not a puzzle by any means. Any sensible person would know. You assuredly knew, too. You just like to be dense. You may be Pogo 's brother.

Show me that quote.
Glad to

View attachment 146246
And here is your reply

View attachment 146247

here were your words

View attachment 146249

No need for exclusions in such informal discourse. You shouldn't be making such presumptive arguments.

So no need to me to read your actual words, or take them seriously.

Show me that quote.
Glad to

View attachment 146246
And here is your reply

View attachment 146247

here were your words

View attachment 146249

Still doing your dense thing?

You never answered the question if you really believed I meant the Confederacy was founded in 1776 and 1789. Why? Because you know it's a ridiculous thing to deduce. Nay, the smart application would be to deduce that I used Confederate as a synonymous term with Southern.

It's not a puzzle by any means. Any sensible person would know. You assuredly knew, too. You just like to be dense. You may be Pogo 's brother.

Again- you seem to be bothered that I read your actual words.

Not the words you haven't written.

Glad to

View attachment 146246
And here is your reply

View attachment 146247

here were your words

View attachment 146249

Still doing your dense thing?

You never answered the question if you really believed I meant the Confederacy was founded in 1776 and 1789. Why? Because you know it's a ridiculous thing to deduce. Nay, the smart application would be to deduce that I used Confederate as a synonymous term with Southern.

LOL- clearly taking you at the words you actually use is a bit complicated for you.

So, you think I really thought the confederacy was founded in 1776 and then reestablished in 1789?

So, you think I really thought the confederacy was founded in 1776 and then reestablished in 1789?

I really don't know the extent of your ignorance.

I really don't know the extent of your ignorance.

Answer the question, coward.

It is my contention that those who want to remove the statues of Confederate soldiers, are soldier haters. That's my charge, and I'm sticking with it. In this thread, you know who you are, and we all know),

So go ahead and defend yourselves. You've been charged. What do you have to say in your own defense?

Or do you just accept the charge, and agree with it ?

It is my contention that those who want to remove the statues of Confederate soldiers, are soldier haters. That's my charge, and I'm sticking with it. In this thread, you know who you are, and we all know),

So go ahead and defend yourselves. You've been charged. What do you have to say in your own defense?

Or do you just accept the charge, and agree with it ?

I'm not a soldier hater, I just choose to pay attention to the side of history that won. Not only am I not a soldier hater, but I personally chose to serve the U.S. Military for over 20 years for this country, through no less than 4 war zones. If you want to celebrate a part of this country that lost the civil war, go right ahead and do it on private property, go ahead, just don't do it on public lands that are for everyone. Bottom line, I don't celebrate portions of this country where we lost our way. I remember it so that I don't repeat it, but I don't celebrate it.

I'm not a soldier hater, I just choose to pay attention to the side of history that won. Not only am I not a soldier hater, but I personally chose to serve the U.S. Military for over 20 years for this country, through no less than 4 war zones. If you want to celebrate a part of this country that lost the civil war, go right ahead and do it on private property, go ahead, just don't do it on public lands that are for everyone. Bottom line, I don't celebrate portions of this country where we lost our way. I remember it so that I don't repeat it, but I don't celebrate it.
I'm not celebrating any "side". I'm honoring SOLDIERS, who fought courageously to defend their state, county, towns, and homes from attackers, and you should too. They had nothing to do with anyone losing their way (whatever that means). Policies came from politicians, not soldiers.

You remove a soldier's statue? >>> You're a soldier hater.

Forum List

Back