Confederate Statue Removers Are Soldier Haters

And by 'culture, history, states rights' that means the 'culture, history and states rights' of the rebel slave states......

Slavery was no secret when the Constitution was signed by the various parties.

Nope

And by 'culture, history, states rights' that means the 'culture, history and states rights' of the rebel slave states....

What do you mean, "nope"? You think if you just rewrite history, you can ignore the ramifications thereof?

That's what the Lost Cause movement thought by putting up all these statues and monuments. And by writing "The Clansman" and minstrel show songs and Jim Crow laws and filming "Birth of a Nation".

And for way too long --- they were right; you could indeed ignore those ramifiations and have segregated restaurants and bomb black neighborhoods and commit lynchings and ban blacks from baseball. Now those chickens are back to roost.

You're naming a bunch of sh** that was created or embraced by DNC, brah.

You mean Southern Christian white men?

Though I don't remember Democrats or Southern Christian White men banning blacks from baseball...

Formal beginning of segregation followed the baseball season of 1867. On October 16, the Pennsylvania State Convention of Baseball in Harrisburg denied admission to the "colored" Pythian Baseball Club.[1]

Baseball color line - Wikipedia

Matter of fact looking at the history of baseball segregtion- looks like it largely started in Republican strongholds of the time.....

"impatience with the slavery issue".

You do realize it was the Confederate Slave States that expressed their 'impatience with the slavery issue' by deciding to form their own country to protect their right to own slaves.

And the Confederacy didn't believe that slavery would eventually end- their Constitution was set up to make it permanent.

Yep. That's what they did in in 1776 and again in 1789, too.

I don't remember the Confederacy forming any country to protect slavery in 1776 or 1789.

Nope

And by 'culture, history, states rights' that means the 'culture, history and states rights' of the rebel slave states....

What do you mean, "nope"? You think if you just rewrite history, you can ignore the ramifications thereof?

That's what the Lost Cause movement thought by putting up all these statues and monuments. And by writing "The Clansman" and minstrel show songs and Jim Crow laws and filming "Birth of a Nation".

And for way too long --- they were right; you could indeed ignore those ramifiations and have segregated restaurants and bomb black neighborhoods and commit lynchings and ban blacks from baseball. Now those chickens are back to roost.

Though I don't remember Democrats or Southern Christian White men banning blacks from baseball...

Formal beginning of segregation followed the baseball season of 1867. On October 16, the Pennsylvania State Convention of Baseball in Harrisburg denied admission to the "colored" Pythian Baseball Club.[1]

Matter of fact looking at the history of baseball segregtion- looks like it largely started in Republican strongholds of the time.....

Sure, Southern Christian white men that came up with new ways to subjigate the brown people.

You do realize it was the Confederate Slave States that expressed their 'impatience with the slavery issue' by deciding to form their own country to protect their right to own slaves.

And the Confederacy didn't believe that slavery would eventually end- their Constitution was set up to make it permanent.

I don't remember the Confederacy forming any country to protect slavery in 1776 or 1789.

You really want to be that trite? You obviously understood my meaning.

Nope

Who is rewriting history?

What do I mean by 'nope'- I was agreeing with you that slavery was not a secret when the Constitution was written- just the opposite- issues regarding slavery are in the Constitution.

I am not attacking anyone for owning slaves- as repugnant as that was- it is indeed a part of our history. Just because George Washington and Thomas Jefferson owned slaves does not take away from what they did for the United States.

But I am fine with monuments being removed that celebrate a failed attempt to break up the United States, monuments to those who fought against and killed American Army soldiers.

In the end it should be the local communities decision. Not a mobs, not a bunch of Confederate fan boys.

Fair enough. I personally do not defend slavery either; but I get tired of people seeing it through a lens lacking historical perspective. The reality is that most slaves even worked on merit systems. Of course, it was an artificially inhibited market value; though, the same could be said for today's grunt.

The reality is that they were treated that way in their countries of origins. There's a reason that they largely didn't want to go to Liberia or otherwise back to the motherland when they were freed.

'a lens lacking historical perspective'?

The reality is that slaves were raped and tortured.
That mothers experienced having their children sold off- that husbands experienced having their wives sold off.

Even those who were lucky enough to have a good master lived knowing that if that master suffered an economic misfortune- or died- that their lives would likely be completely upended as their families were sold off.

I don't see how your 'lens with historical perspective' is any different than someone insisting that we acknowledge that victims of child trafficking today work on a 'merit system'.

I am still waiting for protectionist to explain why a statue to the soldier Benedict Arnold should be honored.....i

Read what I posted- read what your response was- perhaps your 'meaning' was either unclear or just false.

Nope

Sure, Southern Christian white men that came up with new ways to subjigate the brown people.

????

As I pointed out the baseball segregation thing was hardly a Democratic or Southern thing.

When are you going to actually learn ANYTHING about history so you can ask a pertinent question?

I don't see these scum as soldier haters I see them as instigators, and communist seditionist because that is exactly what they are. Hopefully the Idiots in the republican congress and the DOJ with Jeff Sessions leading it will bring down their entire façade of fighting the things they promote so violently. It is high time they were put down for their many vile crimes and assaults on mankind.

Read what I posted- read what your response was- perhaps your 'meaning' was either unclear or just false.

Not unclear at all. Obviously, using Southern and Confederate as synonymous terms. But you wanted to go down this trite road b/c you didn't have a decent rebuttal otherwise it would seem.

????

As I pointed out the baseball segregation thing was hardly a Democratic or Southern thing.

Dude, are you arguing yourself at this point? You brought up the Southern angle, not me.

When are you going to actually learn ANYTHING about history so you can ask a pertinent question?

Is your post a plea to the universe? Or a poster in particular?

Guess, maybe if you use every bit of your brain cell you can figure that one out for yourself. BTW have you received any alerts lately?

Apparently you just want people to guess- since you either are incapable of using the quote function- or just scared to.

????

Dude, are you arguing yourself at this point? You brought up the Southern angle, not me.

You claimed that the DNC was responsible for the segregation of baseball.

I pointed out that neither the DNC or Southern White Men were particularly involved in this one aspect of segregation- it started out in largely Republican strongholds.

Not unclear at all. Obviously, using Southern and Confederate as synonymous terms. But you wanted to go down this trite road b/c you didn't have a decent rebuttal otherwise it would seem.

Your inability to write clearly is not my problem. My rebuttal was quite factual- the Confederacy wasn't formed in 1776 or 1789- in 1860 when the Confederacy was formed their Constitution was written to permanently ensure the institution of slavery.

I don't see these scum as soldier haters I see them as instigators, and communist seditionist because that is exactly what they are. Hopefully the Idiots in the republican congress and the DOJ with Jeff Sessions leading it will bring down their entire façade of fighting the things they promote so violently. It is high time they were put down for their many vile crimes and assaults on mankind.

'assaults on mankind'

Apparently that now means when a town like New Orleans decides to remove monuments to the Confederacy.

Your inability to write clearly is not my problem. My rebuttal was quite factual- the Confederacy wasn't formed in 1776 or 1789- in 1860 when the Confederacy was formed their Constitution was written to permanently ensure the institution of slavery.

Your inability to interpret meaning is though. Or did you really think I thought that the confederacy formed in the 18th century? Again, you simply didn't want to reply to the point, so you made it about something trite.

Forum List

Back