Confederate Statue Removers Are Soldier Haters

>> "So today I want to speak about why we chose to remove these four monuments to the Lost Cause of the Confederacy, but also how and why this process can move us towards healing and understand wing of each other.

So, let’s start with the facts. The historic record is clear. The Robert E. Lee, Jefferson Davis, and P.G.T. Beauregard statues were not erected just to honor these men, but as part of the movement which became known as The Cult of the Lost Cause. This ‘cult’ had one goal—through monuments and through other means—to rewrite history to hide the truth, which is that the Confederacy was on the wrong side of humanity.

First erected over 166 years after the founding of our city and 19 years after the end of the Civil War, the monuments that we took down were meant to rebrand the history of our city and the ideals of a defeated Confederacy.

.... And it immediately begs the questions: why there are no slave ship monuments, no prominent markers on public land to remember the lynchings or the slave blocks; nothing to remember this long chapter of our lives; the pain, the sacrifice, the shame—all of it happening on the soil of New Orleans.

So for those self-appointed defenders of history and the monuments, they are eerily silent on what amounts to this historical malfeasance, a lie by omission." --- Mayor Mitch Landrieu of New Orleans, three months ago, on the city's removal and renaming of several Lost Cause monuments
>> "So today I want to speak about why we chose to remove these four monuments to the Lost Cause of the Confederacy, but also how and why this process can move us towards healing and understanding of each other.

So, let’s start with the facts. The historic record is clear. The Robert E. Lee, Jefferson Davis, and P.G.T. Beauregard statues were not erected just to honor these men, but as part of the movement which became known as The Cult of the Lost Cause. This ‘cult’ had one goal—through monuments and through other means—to rewrite history to hide the truth, which is that the Confederacy was on the wrong side of humanity.

First erected over 166 years after the founding of our city and 19 years after the end of the Civil War, the monuments that we took down were meant to rebrand the history of our city and the ideals of a defeated Confederacy.

.... And it immediately begs the questions: why there are no slave ship monuments, no prominent markers on public land to remember the lynchings or the slave blocks; nothing to remember this long chapter of our lives; the pain, the sacrifice, the shame—all of it happening on the soil of New Orleans.

So for those self-appointed defenders of history and the monuments, they are eerily silent on what amounts to this historical malfeasance, a lie by omission." --- Mayor Mitch Landrieu of New Orleans, three months ago, on the city's removal and renaming of several Lost Cause monuments

In the end, the now conservative SCOTUS will have all the statues restored to their original locations, but the divisiveness created by the statue movers will linger on for a long time.

LOL- I love it when pro boy shares his fantasies- and displays his ignorance of the Constitution.

>> "So today I want to speak about why we chose to remove these four monuments to the Lost Cause of the Confederacy, but also how and why this process can move us towards healing and understand wing of each other.

>> "So today I want to speak about why we chose to remove these four monuments to the Lost Cause of the Confederacy, but also how and why this process can move us towards healing and understanding of each other.

FALSE! The soldier monuments honor the men only, not policies they had no part in creating

In the end, the now conservative SCOTUS will have all the statues restored to their original locations, but the divisiveness created by the statue movers will linger on for a long time

We won't forget what they tried to do.

Ummmm..... it says nothing about "creating policy" there, Evelyn Wood.

And no, the SCOTUS has absolutely nothing to say about what a city or municipality or state decides to do with its own property. That's absurd.

2. Lawsuits. Being filed. SCOTUS has final say. :biggrin:

Lawsuits being filed by whom? On what grounds?

FALSE! The soldier monuments honor the men only, not policies they had no part in creating

In the end, the now conservative SCOTUS will have all the statues restored to their original locations, but the divisiveness created by the statue movers will linger on for a long time

And no, the SCOTUS has absolutely nothing to say about what a city or municipality or state decides to do with its own property. That's absurd.
1. Are you stupid ? The excuses given for removing the statues is racism, and slavery. Those are policies (made by politicians) Get it ? :rolleyes:

And further, "racism and slavery" are not policies made by politicians. They're social constructs brought about (500 years ago) by merchants, for the purpose of Profit. The Lost Cause movement is not a "policy made by politicians" either. It's another social construct.

Hate to be the one to break this to you but governmental politics and social propaganda are two different things. The latter is the more powerful and leads the former.
FALSE NONSENSE!

Slavery, the Confederacy, secession, all are policy made by politicians. Ha ha. Liberals don't know how ridiculous they look, when they try to look smart.

I can't stop laughing.

1. Are you stupid ? The excuses given for removing the statues is racism, and slavery. Those are policies (made by politicians) Get it ? :rolleyes:

And further, "racism and slavery" are not policies made by politicians. They're social constructs brought about (500 years ago) by merchants, for the purpose of Profit. The Lost Cause movement is not a "policy made by politicians" either. It's another social construct.

Hate to be the one to break this to you but governmental politics and social propaganda are two different things. The latter is the more powerful and leads the former.
FALSE NONSENSE!

Slavery, the Confederacy, secession, all are policy made by politicians. Ha ha. Liberals don't know how ridiculous they look, when they try to look smart.

I can't stop laughing.

Then maybe you should start reading.
Confederacy and secession are indeed policy made by politicans. But that's not what you posted, is it.

Roll tape.

1. Are you stupid ? The excuses given for removing the statues is [sic] racism, and slavery. Those are policies (made by politicians) Get it ? :rolleyes:

Get it? You just tried to rewrite your own point. Even though the original sits right there in the nest.

That's why you liars always go down in flames. Y'all bring your own shovel.
Are you on drugs ? I did not change anything. Isaid before that policies are made by politicians, and I say it now

Are you cracking up ?

PS - I'm doing all this on a CELL PHONE and it',s tiring
,Gotta go now

Here is one of the monuments removed from New Orleans- that proboy says that the Supreme Court will order re-erected:

220px-NOLAWhiteLeagueMonumentByTracks.jpg

What does this monument honor?

The Battle of Liberty Place, or Battle of Canal Street, was an attempted insurrection by the Crescent City White League against the Reconstruction Era Louisiana state government on September 14, 1874, in New Orleans, which was the capital of Louisiana at the time. Five thousand members of the White League, a paramilitary organization of the Democratic Party, made up largely of Confederate veterans, fought against the outnumbered New Orleans Metropolitan Police and state militia.

The White League and their supporters killed 10 including 6 police officers.

Yep- this is one of the monuments Protectionist is certain the Supreme Court will order New Orleans to reinstall......

Here is one of the monuments removed from New Orleans- that proboy says that the Supreme Court will order re-erected:

The Battle of Liberty Place, or Battle of Canal Street, was an attempted insurrection by the Crescent City White League against the Reconstruction Era Louisiana state government on September 14, 1874, in New Orleans, which was the capital of Louisiana at the time. Five thousand members of the White League, a paramilitary organization of the Democratic Party, made up largely of Confederate veterans, fought against the outnumbered New Orleans Metropolitan Police and state militia.

Yep- this is one of the monuments Protectionist is certain the Supreme Court will order New Orleans to reinstall......

It might be but I'm only concerned about the statues of soldiers, that you soldier haters want to remove

But you claim it's about slavery right?

I don't see this as an affront to soliders in general. I see it as an affront to culture, history, states rights, etc. This is meant to galvanize zombie nation.

It might be but I'm only concerned about the statues of soldiers, that you soldier haters want to remove

But you claim it's about slavery right?

When did I say that its about slavery?

The war was about slavery- specifically the Confederate states desire to secede was about protecting the right of Floridians and others to own human property.

The removal of confederate monuments though is not about slavery. It is about removing monuments honoring the confederate slave states- and their rebel soldiers.

I don't see this as an affront to soliders in general. I see it as an affront to culture, history, states rights, etc. This is meant to galvanize zombie nation.

And by 'culture, history, states rights' that means the 'culture, history and states rights' of the rebel slave states......

I'm still wondering why the South thinks that erecting monuments to the people who lost the Civil war? And, why would they erect monuments to battles they lost?

And by 'culture, history, states rights' that means the 'culture, history and states rights' of the rebel slave states......

Slavery was no secret when the Constitution was signed by the various parties.

Nope

And by 'culture, history, states rights' that means the 'culture, history and states rights' of the rebel slave states....

I'm still wondering why the South thinks that erecting monuments to the people who lost the Civil war? And, why would they erect monuments to battles they lost?

To rewrite a history when the truth is too disgusting to face.

And for a long time they got away with it. Until recently.

You're right, slavery was no secret and was practiced by just about every rich person around when the Constitution was signed.

But, we have evolved as a nation and now recognize that all people are equal, and that slavery was wrong.

But then again, back when the Constitution was signed, people generally heated their houses with wood stoves and fireplaces. We've evolved to the point where most have A/C or central heat and air.

Nope

And by 'culture, history, states rights' that means the 'culture, history and states rights' of the rebel slave states....

What do you mean, "nope"? You think if you just rewrite history, you can ignore the ramifications thereof?

You're right, slavery was no secret and was practiced by just about every rich person around when the Constitution was signed.

But, we have evolved as a nation and now recognize that all people are equal, and that slavery was wrong.

But then again, back when the Constitution was signed, people generally heated their houses with wood stoves and fireplaces. We've evolved to the point where most have A/C or central heat and air.

Evolving as you put it, does not mean that there was no nobility to the South. Ninety-four percent of Southerners were not slave holders. Clearly, they were fighting for values despite the neanderthal narrative that it was all about slavery.

Nope

What do you mean, "nope"? You think if you just rewrite history, you can ignore the ramifications thereof?

Who is rewriting history?

What do I mean by 'nope'- I was agreeing with you that slavery was not a secret when the Constitution was written- just the opposite- issues regarding slavery are in the Constitution.

I am not attacking anyone for owning slaves- as repugnant as that was- it is indeed a part of our history. Just because George Washington and Thomas Jefferson owned slaves does not take away from what they did for the United States.

But I am fine with monuments being removed that celebrate a failed attempt to break up the United States, monuments to those who fought against and killed American Army soldiers.

In the end it should be the local communities decision. Not a mobs, not a bunch of Confederate fan boys.

Evolving as you put it, does not mean that there was no nobility to the South. Ninety-four percent of Southerners were not slave holders. Clearly, they were fighting for values despite the neanderthal narrative that it was all about slavery.

Are you telling me that only six percent were slave owners? Link to back up your bullshit, because there were slaves for a lot more than just plantations.

'nobility'?

We have no nobility in the United States silly rabbit.

The Confederate states were formed to protect the institution of slavery. Did the common Southerner fight to protect slavery? Probably not- though it was a common hope to own slaves- and even the poorest whites knew they were socially superior to any slave.

Forum List

Back