Confederate Statue Removers Are Soldier Haters

I am okay with a community deciding to erect- or remove any statues it wants to.

And that includes statues of men who fought against the United States- and killed American soldiers.

Tell us exactly why you would be against the removal of a statue of the soldier and traitor- Benedict Arnold?
So what do you think of the Vietnamese soldiers who fought against American soldiers ? Who fought in self-defense

If Vietnamese towns want to erect statues of Vietnamese soldiers, that is up to them.

No- I don't think we should have statues honoring Vietnamese soldiers who killed American Troops.

So- rather than let you dance away from the question- Tell us exactly why you would be against the removal of a statue of the soldier and traitor- Benedict Arnold?
YOU just danced away from MY question. You referred to the Confederate soldiers as the bad guys because they fought against American troops. I was asking if you think the same way about the Vietnamese (who also fought against American troops)
So what's your answer, Mr. Dodge ?

Like I said- I don't think we should honor those who kill American soldiers.

Why do you think we should honor in the United States Vietnamese soldiers who killed American soldiers?

Asking for the third time- really- don't you have any cojones left at all?

So- rather than let you dance away from the question- Tell us exactly why you would be against the removal of a statue of the soldier and traitor- Benedict Arnold?

Now, I'd be opposed to a statue of someone who was a traitor. The Confederate soldiers were not traitors. They didn't make policy. Politician s do that. And even the politicians did nothing different than Washington did to England.:biggrin:

Benedict Arnold didn't make policy. No more than Robert E. Lee did.

They both fought against the United States- both led troops that killed American soldiers.

So you would support a statue honoring the soldier Benedict Arnold too- right?

Ah, so you're a hater of the soldiers who go to battle to defend that Constitution. You hate them for doing that.
Illustrative, if not surprising.

Don't forget- he hates American soldiers- if they are Muslim.

Or decorated combat veterans like John McCain.
Decorated falsely. And I don't hate ANY American soldiers, except traitors like McCain who has you fooled. :biggrin:

Apparently he fooled lots of people

John McCain- His numerous military decorations and awards include the Silver Star Medal, two Legion of Merits, Distinguished Flying Cross, three Bronze Star Medals, two Purple Heart Medals, two Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medals, and Prisoner of War Medal.[33]

Tortured by his captors. Permanently injured due to his captivity.

You of course despise him. Because that is how you 'honor' our troops.

But you sure do want to honor those who actually killed American troops.
He DID fool a lot of people. But he didn't fool his fellow POWs, who have exposed his collaboration with the NV
Only information-deprived libs don't know this :rolleyes::rolleyes:

You combat veteran haters will of course hate someone who has served honorably.
McCain's POW record attacked, again

"We were all tortured and we wrote confessions under the pressure of torture," said Swindle, who was a cellmate with McCain and is active in his campaign. "John McCain never collaborated with the enemy. He, like every one of us, submitted to severe torture. John McCain did nothing dishonorable. He was heroic."

Day, a Medal of Honor winner who also is supporting McCain's campaign, said the flyer is "the most outrageous f------ lie I've ever heard."
Yeah, we know what these McCain campaign guys said. We know exactly what they said. They:,re wrong (and biased). The other POWs all said McCain was a collaborator

I have posted their links many times
Ho hum. :rolleyes:

Don't forget- he hates American soldiers- if they are Muslim.

Or decorated combat veterans like John McCain.
Decorated falsely. And I don't hate ANY American soldiers, except traitors like McCain who has you fooled. :biggrin:

John McCain- His numerous military decorations and awards include the Silver Star Medal, two Legion of Merits, Distinguished Flying Cross, three Bronze Star Medals, two Purple Heart Medals, two Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medals, and Prisoner of War Medal.[33]

He DID fool a lot of people. But he didn't fool his fellow POWs, who have exposed his collaboration with the NV

"We were all tortured and we wrote confessions under the pressure of torture," said Swindle, who was a cellmate with McCain and is active in his campaign. "John McCain never collaborated with the enemy. He, like every one of us, submitted to severe torture. John McCain did nothing dishonorable. He was heroic."

Day, a Medal of Honor winner who also is supporting McCain's campaign, said the flyer is "the most outrageous f------ lie I've ever heard."
Yeah, we know what these McCain campaign guys said. We know exactly what they said. They:,re wrong (and biased). The other POWs all said McCain was a collaborator

I am sure you have- anything to attack a combat veteran.

The Confederates were just as American. To say otherwise, is to say my state of Florida (& 10 others) are not as American as the other 39.

They weren't American troops- they were Confederate rebel troops.

Your state- Florida- attempted to secede from the United States- and indeed did not consider themselves to be Americans. From 1860-1864 soldiers from Florida were busy trying to kill American soldiers- and yes during that time they didn't consider themselves Americans.

Hopefully most Floridians consider themselves to be Americans now.

I believe we should honor those Americans who died defending Americans- not attacking Americans.
1 Florida troops are American - then and now.

Florida troops are American now.

From 1860-1865 they were Confederate troops- killing American troops.
American then & now

:rolleyes:

False (& often ridiculous) accusations - specialty of the loon left.

Exactly -- and that was the whole point of the Lost Cause revisionists like the Daughters of the Confederacy that put most of these monuments up. Part of the history revision to whitewash the Confederacy's image required influencing history education and popular culture, and a tool of doing of that is placing revisionist monuments in public places where they would attract high traffic and be lent an air of "legitimacy" by an "official" building. And another part is hiding that revisionism behind soldiers. In short they were a propaganda device. Just as "Birth of a Nation" was.

Apparently that propaganda can still fool some of the people with that even a hundred years on.

The first monuments of that War, before the Lost Cause started up, were placed in cemeteries and battlefields. Where they belong if they truly are what they claim to be.

This is a great point.
Hands off the soldiers. Period!
Poor thing, you don't even know the difference between real soldiers and statues. Besides Generals can indeed be called soldiers but the definition usually applies to the foot soldier in the field. Likewise airmen and navy personnel aren't called soldiers arguably, though, Confederate and Union generals were in the field with their soldiers so technically they were soldiers. Still... to give honor to traitors
Gives license for some to proclaim militantly that the South shall rise again.
That thinly veiled threat should be taken seriously. Removing statues of traitors from public property is the first step to
healing the deep wounds they helped to create. I doubt if they would have been so gracious with the folks warring to erect statues of Union generals if the South had won.
None of this stupidity addresses the fact that soldiers don't make policy

Your gripe is with politicians

But the statues are of soldiers

>> "So today I want to speak about why we chose to remove these four monuments to the Lost Cause of the Confederacy, but also how and why this process can move us towards healing and understanding of each other.

So, let’s start with the facts. The historic record is clear. The Robert E. Lee, Jefferson Davis, and P.G.T. Beauregard statues were not erected just to honor these men, but as part of the movement which became known as The Cult of the Lost Cause. This ‘cult’ had one goal—through monuments and through other means—to rewrite history to hide the truth, which is that the Confederacy was on the wrong side of humanity.

First erected over 166 years after the founding of our city and 19 years after the end of the Civil War, the monuments that we took down were meant to rebrand the history of our city and the ideals of a defeated Confederacy.

.... And it immediately begs the questions: why there are no slave ship monuments, no prominent markers on public land to remember the lynchings or the slave blocks; nothing to remember this long chapter of our lives; the pain, the sacrifice, the shame—all of it happening on the soil of New Orleans.

So for those self-appointed defenders of history and the monuments, they are eerily silent on what amounts to this historical malfeasance, a lie by omission." --- Mayor Mitch Landrieu of New Orleans, three months ago, on the city's removal and renaming of several Lost Cause monuments

>> As Landrieu pointed out, many of today’s contested Confederate monuments were raised long after the war, during periods of white backlash against civil rights: in the Redemption period, or during the mid-20th century civil-rights movement.

“They were not statues that were put up to honor those particular men,” he said. “It was to send a message that the Confederacy was really the right cause, and not the wrong cause.”<< -- Where Will the Removals Stop?

Last edited:
>> "So today I want to speak about why we chose to remove these four monuments to the Lost Cause of the Confederacy, but also how and why this process can move us towards healing and understand wing of each other.

So, let’s start with the facts. The historic record is clear. The Robert E. Lee, Jefferson Davis, and P.G.T. Beauregard statues were not erected just to honor these men, but as part of the movement which became known as The Cult of the Lost Cause. This ‘cult’ had one goal—through monuments and through other means—to rewrite history to hide the truth, which is that the Confederacy was on the wrong side of humanity.

First erected over 166 years after the founding of our city and 19 years after the end of the Civil War, the monuments that we took down were meant to rebrand the history of our city and the ideals of a defeated Confederacy.

.... And it immediately begs the questions: why there are no slave ship monuments, no prominent markers on public land to remember the lynchings or the slave blocks; nothing to remember this long chapter of our lives; the pain, the sacrifice, the shame—all of it happening on the soil of New Orleans.

So for those self-appointed defenders of history and the monuments, they are eerily silent on what amounts to this historical malfeasance, a lie by omission." --- Mayor Mitch Landrieu of New Orleans, three months ago, on the city's removal and renaming of several Lost Cause monuments
>> "So today I want to speak about why we chose to remove these four monuments to the Lost Cause of the Confederacy, but also how and why this process can move us towards healing and understanding of each other.

FALSE! The soldier monuments honor the men only, not policies they had no part in creating

In the end, the now conservative SCOTUS will have all the statues restored to their original locations, but the divisiveness created by the statue movers will linger on for a long time

We won't forget what they tried to do.

Last edited:
>> "So today I want to speak about why we chose to remove these four monuments to the Lost Cause of the Confederacy, but also how and why this process can move us towards healing and understand wing of each other.

FALSE! The soldier monuments honor the men only, not policies they had no part in creating

In the end, the now conservative SCOTUS will have all the statues restored to their original locations, but the divisiveness created by the statue movers will linger on for a long time

Ummmm..... it says nothing about "creating policy" there, Evelyn Wood.

And no, the SCOTUS has absolutely nothing to say about what a city or municipality or state decides to do with its own property. That's absurd.

>> The Lost Cause is the name commonly given to a literary and intellectual movement that sought to reconcile the traditional Southern white society to the defeat of the Confederate States of America in the Civil War. White Southerners sought consolation in attributing their loss to factors beyond their control and to betrayals of their heroes and cause. Those who contributed to the movement tended to portray the Confederacy's cause as noble and most of the Confederacy's leaders as exemplars of old-fashioned chivalry, defeated by the Union armies not through superior military skill, but by overwhelming force. They also tended to condemn Reconstruction.

Some of the main tenets of the Lost Cause movement were that:
  • Confederate generals such as Lee and Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson represented the virtues of Southern nobility. This nobility was contrast most significantly in comparisons between U.S. Grant and Lee. The Northern generals, were characterized as men with low moral standards who engaged in vicious campaigns against Southern civilians such as Sherman's March to the Sea and Philip Sheridan's burning of the Shenandoah Valley in the Valley Campaigns of 1864.
  • While states' rights was not emphasized in the declarations of secession, the Lost Cause focused on the defense of states' rights, rather than preservation of slavery as the primary cause that led eleven Southern states to secede.
  • Secession was seen as a justifiable constitutional response to Northern cultural and economic aggressions against the Southern way of life.
  • Slavery was fictionally presented as a benign institution, and the slaves were treated well and cared for and loyal and faithful to their benevolent masters.
.... The Lost Cause view of the Civil War also influenced the 1936 novel Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell and the 1939 film of the same name. There Southerners were portrayed as noble, heroic figures, living in a romantic and conservative society, who tragically succumbed to an unstoppable, destructive force. Another prominent use of the Lost Cause perspective was in Thomas F. Dixon, Jr.'s 1905 book The Clansman, later adapted to the screen by D.W. Griffith in his controversial movie Birth of a Nation in 1915. In both the book and the movie, the Ku Klux Klan is portrayed as continuing the noble traditions of the South and the CSA soldier by defending Southern culture in general and Southern womanhood in particular against alleged depredations and exploitation at the hands of the Freedmen and Yankee carpetbaggers during Reconstruction. << -- Civil War Journeys: The Lost Cause

(the appearance of the Klan in Margaret Mitchell's novel was whitewashed, no pun intended, out of the movie)

And no, the SCOTUS has absolutely nothing to say about what a city or municipality or state decides to do with its own property. That's absurd.
1. Are you stupid ? The excuses given for removing the statues is racism, and slavery. Those are policies (made by politicians) Get it ? :rolleyes:

2. Lawsuits. Being filed. SCOTUS has final say. :biggrin:

1. Are you stupid ? The excuses given for removing the statues is racism, and slavery. Those are policies (made by politicians) Get it ? :rolleyes:

I just demonstrated that they are not. That's your strawman.

And further, "racism and slavery" are not policies made by politicians. They're social constructs brought about (500 years ago) by merchants, for the purpose of Profit. The Lost Cause movement is not a "policy made by politicians" either. It's another social paradigm.

Hate to be the one to break this to you but governmental politics and social propaganda are two different things. The latter is the more powerful and leads the former.

Last edited:
>> "So today I want to speak about why we chose to remove these four monuments to the Lost Cause of the Confederacy, but also how and why this process can:beer::bsflag: move us towards healing and understand wing of each other.

I just demonstrated that they are not. That's your strawman.
Only thing you "demonstrated" is you being full of :bsflag:

And further, "racism and slavery" are not policies made by politicians. They're social constructs brought about (500 years ago) by merchants, for the purpose of Profit. The Lost Cause movement is not a "policy made by politicians" either. It's another social construct.

Hate to be the one to break this to you but governmental politics and social propaganda are two different things. The latter is the more powerful and leads the former.
FALSE NONSENSE!

Slavery, the Confederacy, secession, all are policy made by politicians. Ha ha. Liberals don't know how ridiculous they look, when they try to look smart.

I can't stop laughing.

And further, "racism and slavery" are not policies made by politicians. They're social constructs brought about (500 years ago) by merchants, for the purpose of Profit. The Lost Cause movement is not a "policy made by politicians" either. It's another social construct.

FALSE NONSENSE!

Slavery, the Confederacy, secession, all are policy made by politicians. Ha ha. Liberals don't know how ridiculous they look, when they try to look smart.

I can't stop laughing.

Then maybe you should start reading.
Confederacy and secession are indeed policy made by politicans. But that's not what you posted, is it.

Roll tape.

1. Are you stupid ? The excuses given for removing the statues is [sic] racism, and slavery. Those are policies (made by politicians) Get it ? :rolleyes:

Get it? You just tried to rewrite your own point. Even though the original sits right there in the nest.

That's why you liars always go down in flames. Y'all bring your own shovel.

:rolleyes:

False (& often ridiculous) accusations - specialty of the loon left.

False- ridiculous accusations are what you specialize in.

The Confederates were just as American. To say otherwise, is to say my state of Florida (& 10 others) are not as American as the other 39.

They weren't American troops- they were Confederate rebel troops.

Your state- Florida- attempted to secede from the United States- and indeed did not consider themselves to be Americans. From 1860-1864 soldiers from Florida were busy trying to kill American soldiers- and yes during that time they didn't consider themselves Americans.

Hopefully most Floridians consider themselves to be Americans now.

I believe we should honor those Americans who died defending Americans- not attacking Americans.
1 Florida troops are American - then and now.

Florida troops are American now.

From 1860-1865 they were Confederate troops- killing American troops.
American then & now

Let me help you distinguish between American troops in 1860- and non-American troops

American troops
130px-US_Army_Cavalry_Sergeant_1866_%28Bis%29.jpg

Non-American troops

c4686363eb1c9c951be014b73a830cc7.jpg

Exactly -- and that was the whole point of the Lost Cause revisionists like the Daughters of the Confederacy that put most of these monuments up. Part of the history revision to whitewash the Confederacy's image required influencing history education and popular culture, and a tool of doing of that is placing revisionist monuments in public places where they would attract high traffic and be lent an air of "legitimacy" by an "official" building. And another part is hiding that revisionism behind soldiers. In short they were a propaganda device. Just as "Birth of a Nation" was.

Apparently that propaganda can still fool some of the people with that even a hundred years on.

The first monuments of that War, before the Lost Cause started up, were placed in cemeteries and battlefields. Where they belong if they truly are what they claim to be.

This is a great point.
Hands off the soldiers. Period!
Poor thing, you don't even know the difference between real soldiers and statues. Besides Generals can indeed be called soldiers but the definition usually applies to the foot soldier in the field. Likewise airmen and navy personnel aren't called soldiers arguably, though, Confederate and Union generals were in the field with their soldiers so technically they were soldiers. Still... to give honor to traitors
Gives license for some to proclaim militantly that the South shall rise again.
That thinly veiled threat should be taken seriously. Removing statues of traitors from public property is the first step to
healing the deep wounds they helped to create. I doubt if they would have been so gracious with the folks warring to erect statues of Union generals if the South had won.
None of this stupidity addresses the fact that soldiers don't make policy

Your gripe is with politicians

But the statues are of soldiers

You mean like Benedict Arnold?

Forum List

Back