Zone1 Confronting American Disorder

task0778

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2017
Texas hill country
I recently read a review of an essay entitled "Confronting American Disorder", which I think is apropos of the current situation in this country. Basically, the author says there are four periennial institutions that need to be in some sort of balance, trouble erupts when it isn't. These institutions are family, church, state (govt), and market (economy). When one of the four gains undue power over any of the other three, that's when disorder grows.
I think this makes a lot of sense. No doubt each of us has to varying degrees some concern over the distribution of power that each institution has, and that is to be expected IMHO. But it is my view that the state (particularly the federal govt) has entirely too much control and influence over the other three.
The essay author: "Power must be restored from the centralized state to the various institutions of society where it properly belongs."
While I do not believe this is the total answer, I do think it is a big 1st step in correcting the disharmony that exists today. The issue of abortion for example, is probably best left to the state and local govt to determine. I think the federal govt has intervened too much in our lives and should be reined in. IMHO, the 10th Amendment has been abrogated entirely too much and to often.

Forum List

Back