Congrats on believing another Media Lie

Manonthestreet

Diamond Member
May 20, 2014
Everyone is now considered a potential drug dealer so must be restricted from pain meds and it was all a lie.
How many times are you going to be herded before asking questions?
Study puts standard narrative on opioid crisis in doubt
A 2018 BMJ analysis of medical records found evidence of “opioid misuse” in 1 percent of patients who took pain pills after surgery. While studies find that misuse is more common among chronic pain patients, a 2016 New England Journal of Medicine article concluded that “rates of carefully diagnosed addiction” average less than 8 percent.
Prescription opioids were detected in postmortem toxicology reports of fewer than half of the decedents; when opioids were prescribed at the time of death, they were commonly not detected in postmortem toxicology reports. . .The major proximal contributors to opioid-related overdose deaths in Massachusetts during the study period were illicitly made fentanyl and heroin.

The thing is, it doesn't matter what the general public believes, they aren't the ones doing the prescription for pain relief, it is the doctors, they are the ones that are brainwashed. The establishment controls the education for the doctors, and it won't change, b/c it is about controlling costs.

The pharmacists, BIG pharma, the insurance reps, the educational system, the media system, the entire medical establishment will still push this consensus, even though it has been known for decades now to not be the source of addiction. It is, however, a great source of saving money. Keep people in pain, and the establishment reaps great cost savings. :dev3:

Far more doctors and medical facilities are now hesitant to prescribe opiods, thanks to the big kerfuffle about them.

I wonder if anyone has done a study on how many people have committed suicide or went to street drugs after the doctors cut off their opiods?

The thing is, it doesn't matter what the general public believes, they aren't the ones doing the prescription for pain relief, it is the doctors, they are the ones that are brainwashed. The establishment controls the education for the doctors, and it won't change, b/c it is about controlling costs.

The pharmacists, BIG pharma, the insurance reps, the educational system, the media system, the entire medical establishment will still push this consensus, even though it has been known for decades now to not be the source of addiction. It is, however, a great source of saving money. Keep people in pain, and the establishment reaps great cost savings. :dev3:

It is stupid, and I'm embarrassed my state is leading the charge. The manufacturers just make the stuff, and yes, part of selling is convincing people to use your product. But if a gun seller is selling guns to kids, or to people that are not supposed to have a weapon, is it the gun manufacturers fault when people get hurt or killed?

It is stupid, and I'm embarrassed my state is leading the charge. The manufacturers just make the stuff, and yes, part of selling is convincing people to use your product. But if a gun seller is selling guns to kids, or to people that are not supposed to have a weapon, is it the gun manufacturers fault when people get hurt or killed?

It's called "personal responsibility." We forgot how to do that sometime back around 2008.

Look again, it's not a lie. The link doesn't dispute the fact that there is an opioid epidemic. It merely suggests, I repeat "suggests" a different narrative.

Look again, it's not a lie. The link doesn't dispute the fact that there is an opioid epidemic. It merely suggests, I repeat "suggests" a different narrative.
Yeah 1% of prescription users abusing em has epidemic written all over it .....rube

Far more doctors and medical facilities are now hesitant to prescribe opiods, thanks to the big kerfuffle about them.

I wonder if anyone has done a study on how many people have committed suicide or went to street drugs after the doctors cut off their opiods?
I had surgery on the bones and nerves in my foot. The doctor did not cut off opiods. I never got anything for pain. Nothing. All those doctors. Nothing. The surgeon that did the surgery suggested I take benedryl. It took seven months of recovery. Yes it can be done. Don't be a pansy. Grit your teeth and muscle through.

I had surgery on the bones and nerves in my foot. The doctor did not cut off opiods. I never got anything for pain. Nothing. All those doctors. Nothing. The surgeon that did the surgery suggested I take benedryl. It took seven months of recovery. Yes it can be done. Don't be a pansy. Grit your teeth and muscle through.

They usually want to send you to a "pain management" session or three.

Yeah pain meds should be banned ....except for the rich and Dr's families

Gee wonder how much those cost?

Follow the money, was the legal pot industry partially behind this or the CBD oil industry ........Congress never does anything for the good of the people

Yeah pain meds should be banned ....except for the rich and Dr's families

I've had three surgeries for AVM's, on disability, and have annual visits to a neurologist for pain management. I am never prescribed opioids of any kind, just Vasodilators. If I have any other pain? Well, that is just my tough luck.

One of my good friends, a nurse with connections has had migraine problems throughout her life, nothing as severe as me, but knows plenty of MD's. . . she always has plenty of Percocets on hand. You said it, it is definitely a two tiered system. The rich and medical community get the good stuff. Everyone else needs to tough it out. :71:

It isn't "how much those cost," it has to do with what is covered by your insurance, and what is not.

Its disgusting when elderly people with many problems & a lot of pain have to go see & pay for a doctor every month too get their rx filled, so what for? so they don't get addicted? just crazy what's wrong with 90 days & what ever med they need to be comfortable. I prefer to take as little meds as possible, but if I need some I sure don't want to have too fight to get them, think most older people are smart enough to know if they have a problem with addiction.

Its disgusting when elderly people with many problems & a lot of pain have to go see & pay for a doctor every month too get their rx filled, so what for? so they don't get addicted? just crazy what's wrong with 90 days & what ever med they need to be comfortable. I prefer to take as little meds as possible, but if I need some I sure don't want to have too fight to get them, think most older people are smart enough to know if they have a problem with addiction.

Honestly?

If you are in your late seventies or above, I don't see a problem with being addicted if you want to be. Does the STATE think you should be a productive member of society at that point?

It isn't "how much those cost," it has to do with what is covered by your insurance, and what is not.
I bet they cost more than a prescription...and if they are aren't covered thank you very much for nothing

I had to beg for a disabled plackard for parking. I am the one who has to take myself to appointments and shopping. I was so angry I told the doctor I couldn't look at him after he let me suffer like that. I had to find another doctor.

I bet they cost more than a prescription...and if they are aren't covered thank you very much for nothing
Whether they cost more or less is irrelevant.

If you pay your insurance premiums, but they do not help you out when you need them, but then turn around and expect you to pay again for a physical therapist or counselor of some sort?

In the end, it is all about socking the consumer with more cost and protecting the Wall Street profits.

Whether they cost more or less is irrelevant.

If you pay your insurance premiums, but they do not help you out when you need them, but then turn around and expect you to pay again for a physical therapist or counselor of some sort?

In the end, it is all about socking the consumer with more cost and protecting the Wall Street profits.
Gee why do health care costs keep going up ......because Congress mandates they do.

Forum List

Back