Congratulations, Oklahoma!!

You sound like a serious holy roller. Way to wish bad on someone in keeping with your religion.

.............they bought their tickets, they knew what they were getting into. I say, let 'em crash.

Sounds more like you will be the one crashing. Not very Christian.

The bible is replete with examples of God's wrath upon sinners. Jesus says he will come back with judgment and vengeance.

My views represent true Christianity.

still haven't figured out that there is more than one Ontario...this one's in California.... calling you ignorant would be stating the obvious...

I just briefly caught your insignificant location in my peripheral vision. California is really no different than Canada is is it dude? Whoa is me, but nice try. Enjoy your incoming radiation. Couldn't happen to a better state.

God's wrath begins on that wicked, perverted State and its people. There's more than one way to fry the perverts out there.

Hopefully God will spare the good and Godly out there.

Well then you're screwed.

.............they bought their tickets, they knew what they were getting into. I say, let 'em crash.

The bible is replete with examples of God's wrath upon sinners. Jesus says he will come back with judgment and vengeance.

That sounds suspiciously like a good way to keep people under control. Hate to tell you but the bible is in all likelihood no more holy than a history book.

I just briefly caught your insignificant location in my peripheral vision. California is really no different than Canada is is it dude? Whoa is me, but nice try. Enjoy your incoming radiation. Couldn't happen to a better state.

God's wrath begins on that wicked, perverted State and its people. There's more than one way to fry the perverts out there.

Doubtful. But evil WILL answer to God in His own day and time and in His ways. I only pray for the good to be spared. Evil will and should perish. Hopefully in flames.

Doubtful. But evil WILL answer to God in His own day and time and in His ways. I only pray for the good to be spared. Evil will and should perish. Hopefully in flames.

Better start prepping for the fire, buddy.

That sounds suspiciously like a good way to keep people under control. Hate to tell you but the bible is in all likelihood no more holy than a history book.

I'll certainly not try and convince you otherwise. part of God's way to separate the wheat from the chaff is faith.

No faith no God
Know faith know God.

I'll certainly not try and convince you otherwise. part of God's way to separate the wheat from the chaff is faith.

No faith no God
Know faith know God.

I didn't say there was not a God. The bible is full of fairy tales meant to keep you in line much like it was used to keep Blacks in line during slavery. Tell me how there was a Jesus when the letter J did not appear until the 17th century? There are so many holes in the bible even though there is some good advise as well.

Last edited:
Having lived in the Sooner state, I thought for sure the numbers to reject same sex marriage would have been more like 90% instead of 75%. Still, 75% clearly indicates that this is not popular in Oklahoma.

I'd still be there if it were not for the twisters.

Desegregation wasn’t popular in Oklahoma, either.
Not the same issue at all. Segregation was a clear violation of civil rights. Marriage is not listed in the constitution as a fundamental right.

Incorrect.

Marriage is indeed a fundamental right, it’s found here in the Constitution:

434 U.S. 374 | LII / Legal Information Institute

In addition to violating the right to marry, the state laws being struck down are also Equal Protection Clause violations.

Wow!

This is major!

Oklahoma is the reddest state so far to have to wake up and smell the expresso.

Marriage equality is here to stay!!

This notion that the will of people is being subverted is false. Appeal to the majority is a fallacy -- a failed argument. That is one reason why we have judicial review; to prevent the will of the majority from trampling on the rights of the minority.

Since the state can not impose one religion over another -- the Christian beliefs of the people of Oklahoma are not as relevant when making state law as due process and equal protection.

The Christians can still have their beliefs. They can define marriage anyway they want. But those beliefs stop at the county clerks window for marriage licenses.

What I'd like to see next are Christian leaders coming forward and pointing out that clinging to one line from Leviticus while ignoring most of the other laws on slaves, women, diet, and customs is not only intellectually dishonest but Spiritually.

Christians will make all kinds of quotes out of context to connect Jesus to the two lines in the OT on homosexuality, but that doesn't explain how they ignore all the laws on slaves and treatment of women. If Christians write off most of Leviticus as archaic tribal culture, pass the pork and shrimp!!, then they have to put the entire book on that same context. It offers us an interesting insight into the life and culture of the levite tribe.

You are confusing, first you say Christians can still have their beliefs, then you call them dishonest and ridicule their stand. So, gays can also be ridiculed?

I see that you despite your claims, you strongly dislike those that do not accept the gay lifestyle.

Not the same issue at all. Segregation was a clear violation of civil rights. Marriage is not listed in the constitution as a fundamental right.

Where is "segregation is a clear violation of civil rights" in the Constitution?
Segregation did not exist when the constitution was written, however marriage did.

Oh? Segregation did not exist? You want to go with that?

There is no such thing as rights, if they were rights, they couldn't be taken away. There are only privileges. Homosexual Marriage is a privilege that can easily be taken away.

Wow!

This is major!

This notion that the will of people is being subverted is false. Appeal to the majority is a fallacy -- a failed argument. That is one reason why we have judicial review; to prevent the will of the majority from trampling on the rights of the minority.

Since the state can not impose one religion over another -- the Christian beliefs of the people of Oklahoma are not as relevant when making state law as due process and equal protection.

The Christians can still have their beliefs. They can define marriage anyway they want. But those beliefs stop at the county clerks window for marriage licenses.

What I'd like to see next are Christian leaders coming forward and pointing out that clinging to one line from Leviticus while ignoring most of the other laws on slaves, women, diet, and customs is not only intellectually dishonest but Spiritually.

Christians will make all kinds of quotes out of context to connect Jesus to the two lines in the OT on homosexuality, but that doesn't explain how they ignore all the laws on slaves and treatment of women. If Christians write off most of Leviticus as archaic tribal culture, pass the pork and shrimp!!, then they have to put the entire book on that same context. It offers us an interesting insight into the life and culture of the levite tribe.

You are confusing, first you say Christians can still have their beliefs, then you call them dishonest and ridicule their stand. So, gays can also be ridiculed?

I see that you despite your claims, you strongly dislike those that do not accept the gay lifestyle.

Gays are ridiculed all the time. Don't pretend we are not.

Where is "segregation is a clear violation of civil rights" in the Constitution?

I think somebody should remove the Christian non-right to marry.

I think the government should remove the tax benefits of marrying.

No faith no God
Know faith know God

Bumper sticker religion. :D

Wow!

This is major!

Gays are ridiculed all the time. Don't pretend we are not.

I didn't say that, he is claiming the high road then goes down the low road.

Forum List

Back