Congress cannot give obama authority to start war with syria

As the reactionary right celebrates Putin and the Russians and the Communists and the Iranians, mainstream America realizes that those of the far right have turned a corner from which they cannot return.

The far reactionary right is imploding.

HAHAHA. It's you lefty extremists that are imploding - demanding another war against a nation that never did a thing to us. The public has turned on you. And if you say syria used chemical weapons on it's own people - isn't that just what clinton did at waco?

Misdefining the terms only demonstrates you are back pedaling.

You support the gassing of children is the point if it hurts your political enemies.

As the reactionary right celebrates Putin and the Russians and the Communists and the Iranians, mainstream America realizes that those of the far right have turned a corner from which they cannot return.

You'll be the 1 imploding when this retarded military exercise goes south and dominoes start falling. Perhaps then you'll realize what an irrational blind follower of Barry you were, but by then it will be too late. Enjoy your little war.

You too support the gassing children if it allows you to attack your political enemies.

The missile strikes will not go south.

The constitution says congress has the authority to declare war. They cannot give that authority to the president by statute. We must go thru the amending process which means 3/4 of the states must approve.

Until the constitution is amended, there can be no war unless congress declares one. Without such a declaration every soldier has the right to refuse orders to fight.

You always find innovative new ways to be stupid.

HAHAHA. It's you lefty extremists that are imploding - demanding another war against a nation that never did a thing to us. The public has turned on you. And if you say syria used chemical weapons on it's own people - isn't that just what clinton did at waco?
No.
Sarin gas was used in Syria. Tea gas was used in Waco

Sarin gas was used in the 1995 subway attack in Tokyo. Nasty stuff.

If Congress authorizes the President to strike Syria, he can do so. And since the Speaker is on board it wouldnt surprise me if the President is given that authorization despite the public opposition to it.

If by "authorization" you mean declaring war, then yes. Congress must declare war and only then does obozo have the constitutional right to strike.

You are, of course, entitled to exercise your right to argue that position, however...

You DO realize that the Majority View (the American Public, our legislators, and jurists, and executives) to NOT share that opinion, yes?

You DO realize that you are not going to get anywhere, arguing that line, yes?

You'll be the 1 imploding when this retarded military exercise goes south and dominoes start falling. Perhaps then you'll realize what an irrational blind follower of Barry you were, but by then it will be too late. Enjoy your little war.

You too support the gassing children if it allows you to attack your political enemies.

I don't support the gassing of children. I'm not certain where you pulled that from.

I didn't support it when the U.S.rained whiskey pete on Fallujah and I sure as hell don't support it now.

Last edited:

I don't support the gassing of children. I'm not certain where you pulled that from.

I didn't support it when the U.S.rained whiskey pete on Fallujah and I sure as hell don't support it now.

Neo-isolationism supports people like Assad and their actions.

Forum List

Back