Congressman Backs Libertarian Presidential Candidate in Campaign First

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
The first sitting member of Congress has come out and publicly backed Gary Johnson for president.

But Mr. Rigell’s support for the Libertarian ticket may be more portentous: Mr. Johnson and his running mate, former Gov. William F. Weld of Massachusetts, have been seeking to woo disaffected Republicans who view Mr. Trump as unacceptable. Should additional Republican officeholders follow Mr. Rigell in backing the third-party ticket, it could help Mr. Johnson gain credibility as an alternative choice.

A former car dealer who represents a moderate district on the Virginia coast, Mr. Rigell said he expected more congressional Republicans and local Republican officials to break openly with the party’s presidential candidate as the election draws nearer.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/07/us/politics/gary-johnson-libertarian-scott-rigell.html?_r=1

Planning to either run for governor or challenge whoever gets appointed to replace Kaine in the Senate would be my guess.

Former car dealer says it all. Crooks.

Damn right, because daring to think outside the Duopoly box is a "crime".

"muusst........ vote............ party .........
zombie.gif
muuuust ....... vote......... party........ bzzzt......."

Last edited:

"muusst........ vote............ party ......... muuuust ....... vote......... party........ bzzzt......."

Funny since.thats how the democrat party, keeps all of its disparate groups in line......Obama never lies, all of his policies are great.....you people can't think at all...the DNC does it all for you

"muusst........ vote............ party ......... muuuust ....... vote......... party........ bzzzt......."

Funny since.thats how the democrat party, keeps all of its disparate groups in line......Obama never lies, all of his policies are great.....you people can't think at all...the DNC does it all for you

Uh... "you people"?

And who might that be, pray?

I think probably more republicans will come out in favor of Johnson. It's political suicide to back Losin' Donald.

Uh... "you people"?

Still waiting.
You'd think a simple question wouldn't be such a challenge to answer.
You'd think.

Uh... "you people"?

Think he told you that Pogo --- go sic 'em... :biggrin:

If he's from a 'moderate district', I don't understand how backing the Libertarian is supposed to help him. In any event, I do believe this is calculated for the sake of his own career and not some deeply seated principles. This ultimately means nothing in the national narrative.

If he's from a 'moderate district', I don't understand how backing the Libertarian is supposed to help him. In any event, I do believe this is calculated for the sake of his own career and not some deeply seated principles. This ultimately means nothing in the national narrative.

Because it's RABID partisanship that's put America in fetal position about the other 2 choices?

It's a fucking NATIONAL CRISIS dude. Most people will figure it that all out before Nov..

Clearly it does, since (a) this is a national/international forum we're on and it's got attention here, (b) it's got attention in the national "paper of record, ditto; and (c) it's a case of a party member defying his own, which is an essential step if we're ever to take down the Duopoly. In a groupthink mentality nobody wants to dare to be the 'first' until somebody with stones in their bag dares to take the lead. The next one will be that much easier.

Because it's RABID partisanship that's put America in fetal position about the other 2 choices?

It's a fucking NATIONAL CRISIS dude. Most people will figure it that all out before Nov..

I don't believe this is a crisis of conscious for an in the mold GOP representative. Nor does it have anything to do with any "NATIONAL CRISIS." He's looked at some polls for his district and concluded he's better off not supporting Trump than supporting Trump.

Uh... "you people"?

Think he told you that Pogo --- go sic 'em... :biggrin:

No actually he never did. He ran away. :(

Even though he's been posting in other threads.

He must be "low energy". :gay:

Clearly it does, since (a) this is a national/international forum we're on and it's got attention here, (b) it's got attention in the national "paper of record, ditto; and (c) it's a case of a party member defying his own, which is an essential step if we're ever to take down the Duopoly. In a groupthink mentality nobody wants to dare to be the 'first' until somebody with stones in their bag dares to take the lead. The next one will be that much easier.

"National paper of record" :lmao:

People have wised up. They don't give prestige points any more in our new age media. In fact, it often goes the other way given that people know the media has been corporatized.

Uh... "you people"?

Still waiting.
You'd think.

You type slower than old people fuck.
you people are liberal democrats.....what did you think it meant?

LOL. Bill Weld is less Libertarian than Hillary. He was a Democrat-in-Republican clothing as Governor (as all Massachusetts Republicans are) and has no legitimate credentials at all.

Uh... "you people"?

Still waiting.
You'd think.

You type slower than old people fuck.
you people are liberal democrats.....what did you think it meant?

I know perfectly well what it meant. What I need is your evidence that it applies to me.
Take another six hours. You'll need it.

Forum List

Back