Congressmen Seek to Add Sexual Orientation to Census

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
What possible purpose can this serve? What business is it of the government who you sleep with? The Census was created for Congressional district apportionment and nothing more. 90% of the information on it is completely unnecessary.

One such letter, being circulated by Adam Schiff (D-CA) and Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R-FL) is seeking "support for expanded data collection by the Census Bureau on lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender individuals."

Wait till it is mandatory....the left always says that Conservatives won't stay out of your bedroom......the truth is...the left will not only be in your bedroom...they will be in total control of what you do in it.....

Wait till it is mandatory....the left always says that Conservatives won't stay out of your bedroom......the truth is...the left will not only be in your bedroom...they will be in total control of what you do in it.....

How convenient to over look that there is a republican wanting the information too... Its the government...from both sides.

They are saying that they want to be of more help to the transgenders and gays.....yeah right , they have something up their sleeves...

lepsani.gif

Hey this is the government, the same folks the left wants us to trust with lists of gun owners. They should have no problems with this...I mean, what could go wrong?

I've never understood the hysteria about the census.

Why is having accurate demographic information about the population of this country so repulsive to you guys?

What possible purpose can this serve? What business is it of the government who you sleep with? The Census was created for Congressional district apportionment and nothing more. 90% of the information on it is completely unnecessary.

One such letter, being circulated by Adam Schiff (D-CA) and Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R-FL) is seeking "support for expanded data collection by the Census Bureau on lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender individuals."

There have been and still are gays and lesbians on both sides of the aisle for the last 50 yrs.
They don't have a clue yet?
This matters for what purpose and how they will use the figures in the future, pro or con.

Maybe all they need to do is actually go to the census web site

Search Results

Why is having accurate demographic information about the population of this country so repulsive to you guys?
Different strokes for different folks. I don't think the government has a right to my personal information so they can gerrymander my voting district.

Different strokes for different folks. I don't think the government has a right to my personal information so they can gerrymander my voting district.

Then don't fill out the census. It's no skin off my back if you don't want accurate representation - it only hurts you and the poor saps who live in your area.

Last edited:

Hitler wanted accurate demographic information, too.

:lol:

Nice Godwin. I bet Hitler liked chocolate, too.

Oh, NOW it's Godwin?...lol. That's hillarious, dude.

Stalin wanted Demographic information; so did Pol Pot, Mao and Ho.

Making ridiculous Hitler comparisons in weak attempts to replace logic with hysterical emotion has always been "Godwin". Changing the name to other historical dictators doesn't make it any less of failure of an argument.

Then don't fill out the census. It's no skin off my back if you don't want accurate representation - it only hurts you and the poor saps who live in your area.
I'm not a Democrat. I don't need the kind of "representation" you're talking about. I pay my own way.

I'm not a Democrat. I don't need the kind of "representation" you're talking about. I pay my own way.

You don't want your state's representatives apportioned properly?

You know that your state can lose Congressmen, if enough people like you don't fill out their census forms.

You know that your state can lose Congressmen, if enough people like you don't fill out their census forms.
Right. They can't go to the DMV and see how many people live where.

I think you might want to re-read that section of the Constitution, buddy.

You might want to. Nothing contained therein compels me or anyone else to fill out a census form. Nice chat!

Making ridiculous Hitler comparisons in weak attempts to replace logic with hysterical emotion has always been "Godwin". Changing the name to other historical dictators doesn't make it any less of failure of an argument.

The Hitler comparisons I make actually make sense. I'm not like one the dumbass Liberals that screams, "fascist", without a clue of what fascism is.

You might want to. Nothing contained therein compels me or anyone else to fill out a census form. Nice chat!

You might want to re-read my posts in this thread - I already told you I don't give a shit if you choose not to fill out a census form.

The point that you're missing is that according to the Constitution, representatives can only be apportioned via the census. So you and your neighbors refusing to fill it out can in fact make you lose representation in Congress (and the state house - they use the census too).

Forum List

Back