Cons/repubs: how much power do you think the federal government should have?

To me, it would be outrageous to abolish administrations such as the EPA, FDA, or TSA. They are vital for the well being of the American people. That is why i can't take a lot of libertarians seriously when they favor getting rid of them.

They are about as "vital" as a whole in the head. How any hijackers has the TSA stopped?

Answer: none.
The FDA kills ore people than it saves.
The EPA is a rogue agency that is populated with Marxist cranks bent on destroying capitalism.

Don't you think its obvious that Al-Quada became very discouraged after the TSA revamped security after 9/11?

I'm not even going to dignify the rest of your post with a response.

You can blame the corporate pull on the FDA for that. If there is anything evil in this country, it is giants like Monsanto, Wal-Mart, and Big Pharma.

I agree. Let's take out the corporate influence on our government administrations. That would fix a hell of a lot. What i am defending is these administrations' inherent purpose. Don't get rid of them. Reform what is wrong with them.

I would be okay with private run airports, but they would have to be heavily regulated - and in my opinion - follow the same rules the TSA has.

You and what other liberal would stand for one rule being pulled?

Keep in mind that any rule change is somehow racist under obama. I don't know how, I'm just told that it is.

And fucking over a private company to act like the tsa is utterly useless and just shows a complete lack of comprehension of the situation.

Have you ever flown? I did, with my 18 month old son. and lets just say if I wasn't out numbered and needed to get on my way....

I don't get it. Did you think I was lying when i said there needed to be changes?

Any rule change is somehow racist under Obama? What the hell are you talking about? Lol

I have flown several times. Like I said before, while I do find the TSA very inconvenient, I do understand that those procedures are necessary and serve a purpose. Therefore, ultimately, I favor them.

So what would you prefer exactly? A private security company that sets their own rules for commercial flight? That is a terrifying thought. The implications of that are just plain scary. Corporations do anything for the sake profit, even at the expense of their customers and employees. Proper self-regulation is a fantasy.

No, you're just the only liberal I've heard say that and didn't mean to add more regulations.

You know damn well every attempt to lower regulations has been race based according to your fellow liberals. Now I think your lying.

The private security runs betters and has a higher approval rating.

Why do you fear freedom?

To me, it would be outrageous to abolish administrations such as the EPA, FDA, or TSA. They are vital for the well being of the American people. That is why i can't take a lot of libertarians seriously when they favor getting rid of them.

They are about as "vital" as a whole in the head. How any hijackers has the TSA stopped?

The EPA is a rogue agency that is populated with Marxist cranks bent on destroying capitalism.

Don't you think its obvious that Al-Quada became very discouraged after the TSA revamped security after 9/11?

yeah, and getting bombed, shot, arrested, before hand had nothing to do with it.

You and what other liberal would stand for one rule being pulled?

Keep in mind that any rule change is somehow racist under obama. I don't know how, I'm just told that it is.

And fucking over a private company to act like the tsa is utterly useless and just shows a complete lack of comprehension of the situation.

Have you ever flown? I did, with my 18 month old son. and lets just say if I wasn't out numbered and needed to get on my way....

I don't get it. Did you think I was lying when i said there needed to be changes?

Any rule change is somehow racist under Obama? What the hell are you talking about? Lol

I have flown several times. Like I said before, while I do find the TSA very inconvenient, I do understand that those procedures are necessary and serve a purpose. Therefore, ultimately, I favor them.

So what would you prefer exactly? A private security company that sets their own rules for commercial flight? That is a terrifying thought. The implications of that are just plain scary. Corporations do anything for the sake profit, even at the expense of their customers and employees. Proper self-regulation is a fantasy.

No, you're just the only liberal I've heard say that and didn't mean to add more regulations.

You know damn well every attempt to lower regulations has been race based according to your fellow liberals. Now I think your lying.

Why do you fear freedom?

So you think every liberal is against fewer regulations because the attempts are race related? LOL WTF? That's a new one.

i believe it is spelled out in the Constitution..., the EPA, FDA, TSA, IRS, DHS, ATF, DEA, DOE, ED, NSA, CIA, FCC, they are vital for the ruination and destruction of the American people. :up:

Why do you fear freedom?

So you think every liberal is against fewer regulations because the attempts are race related? LOL WTF? That's a new one.

That's been the offense ever since obama took ofc.

you know that's true, so don't lie. It's simply impossible for you not to know

to me, it would be outrageous to abolish administrations such as the epa, fda, or tsa. They are vital for the well being of the american people. That is why i can't take a lot of libertarians seriously when they favor getting rid of them.

ok

Discouraged???

No, I think they're laughing their asses off. The terrorist attacks of 9/11 are bringing down one of the greatest nations in history, and they haven't had to lift a finger since. Just sit back and watch the dominoes fall. How could they possibly be discouraged?

It took 5 years for the FDA to approve a ham product imported from Tuscany

5 Fucking years

"Real Tuscan Prosciutto Is Now Available - Finally - In U.S."

Real Tuscan Prosciutto Is Now Available - Finally - In U.S. - Forbes

You have ham.

I have Thalidomide flipper babies.

119rrc0.jpg

The TSA is too much. We can lock down our airways so not even a fingernail clipper squeaks through. Like Israel, right?

So what did the terrorists start doing when they couldn't hijack El Al any more?

That's right. They began blowing up bars and restaurants and buses.

I give you...the Boston Marathon bombers.

They are just the beginning.

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong. I'm a big supporter of metal detectors, like we had prior to 9/11. The advent of metal detectors knocked domestic hijackings from once every two weeks to less than one a year.

Can you take freaking leadership seriously? The acknowledged goal of a government bureaucracy is to get bigger and get more funding and more power....period. Somewhere along the line they might remember why they were hired but it is soon forgotten in the shuffle of paper and the assumption of more and more authority. The government isn't an employment agency. Put the freaking breaks on the growth of federal bureaucracies. Cut the staff by 2/3 and go back to basics.

how about what the founders wanted...a LIMITED government

Let's limit Big Fed (non-military) to the percentage of GDP consumed in 1900, something like 1%.

I'm OK with that. Let the states sort it out. You might need to move from your shithole state to one that can git 'er done but that's the way it was intended.

Why do you fear freedom?

That's been the offense ever since obama took ofc.

you know that's true, so don't lie. It's simply impossible for you not to know

I am aware that there are dumb liberals who think any criticism of Obama is race related. I am also aware of dumb conservatives who think Obama is a racist who only cares about black people. I think both liberals and conservatives exaggerate these claims a great deal. You will find dumb people on both sides of the spectrum. That is the nature of politics.

See what you are doing is generalizing liberals into one category. The reason why I don't put much stock into what you are saying is because you are talking about a very small number of liberals. Your generalization is not only unfair, it is a complete distortion. I think it is just easy for you to assume all liberals are nothing but dumb hypocrites who love everything that Obama does. It makes it easier for you to feel secure in your own beliefs. If you would just give it some thought, you would realize that people are more complicated than that.

How much what?

If the FDA is so good at keeping us safe why do we ever have food recalls?

What has the TSA done to keep you safe?

You have to look at what they actually do, not the marketing of what they do to understand it. If government were kind, benevolent and effective as liberals assume it to be, then sure, I'd be a liberal and support that. I'm a libertarian because I recognize that it isn't, and inherently so. I'm a libertarian because of the reality of government.

Even then, the TSA? Seriously? As a management consultant who traveled most of my career until I started running my own businesses, I felt so much safer after I was asked for my ID for the third time in the same line. Not.

You don't believe that these administrations are inherently good? I agree there may be a level of corruption, but to say that these administrations are inherently oppressive is complete non sense.

I think its safe to say the TSA has successfully discouraged many terrorists plots in the wake of 9/11. To deny that is ridiculous.

What makes them inherently good? Magic dust?

I know the TSA doesn't keep me safe because they brag about keeping us safe from invisible space aliens and Chanel shoes.

http://blog.tsa.gov/2011/04/tsa-alien-detection-officers-ado.html

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/slideshow/tsas-unusual-confiscated-items-19669902&page=5

Last edited:
You have to look at what they actually do, not the marketing of what they do to understand it. If government were kind, benevolent and effective as liberals assume it to be, then sure, I'd be a liberal and support that. I'm a libertarian because I recognize that it isn't, and inherently so. I'm a libertarian because of the reality of government.

Even then, the TSA? Seriously? As a management consultant who traveled most of my career until I started running my own businesses, I felt so much safer after I was asked for my ID for the third time in the same line. Not.

You don't believe that these administrations are inherently good? I agree there may be a level of corruption, but to say that these administrations are inherently oppressive is complete non sense.

I think its safe to say the TSA has successfully discouraged many terrorists plots in the wake of 9/11. To deny that is ridiculous.

I know the TSA doesn't keep me safe because they brag about keeping us safe from invisible space aliens and Chanel shoes.

The TSA Blog: TSA Space Alien Detection Officers (ADO)

TSA's 'Unusual' Confiscated Items | Photos - ABC News

This is your basis of criticism of the TSA? An April Fool's joke? I don't even know what the second link is. It wouldn't open. Whatever it is, I highly doubt it is any basis to abolish them if the article is about shoes.

The TSA Blog: TSA Space Alien Detection Officers (ADO)

TSA's 'Unusual' Confiscated Items | Photos - ABC News

This is your basis of criticism of the TSA? An April Fool's joke? I don't even know what the second link is. It wouldn't open. Whatever it is, I highly doubt it is any basis to abolish them if the article is about shoes.

the Chanel shoes were neither dangerous, nor a joke, yet they took them anyway.

Billy?

You want an honest answer to that question? Fine.

I want a government to have the power to protect me, not screw me over. I want them to represent America, not special interests. I want them to protect my rights, not abolish them. Lastly, want them to have enough power to ensure my way of life is protected, not redacted.

Forum List

Back