Cons try to destroy the EPA so GOP governors can poison the water

More ignorant bull shit from a left tard...

Why is it that no left-tard can use their dam brains to think with? Did they remove the ability to think cognitively, critically, or use common sense?

Cons, whine and gnash your teeth all you want, we aren't going back to 1886. You can get close though, go turn off your electricity, put the toilet out back, and sit in your house with nothing but candles every night. I know most of you don't read so you can stare at the wall more than usual.

And voila!
YEah, because changing the laws back to the ones we had in 1886 means we have to turn back all the technical progress we've made since then.

Yeah, that sounds logical.

You're a special kind of dumbass. Ya know it, Newton?

Looks like this post ^^^ sums up the issue nicely, anyone wonder which party rejected the principles behind the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act?

The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA) (Pub.L. 111–5), commonly referred to as the Stimulus or The Recovery Act, was a stimulus package enacted by the 111th United States Congress in February 2009 and signed into law on February 17, 2009, by President Barack Obama.

What's your point? The stimulus passed. So why didn't Obama fix all of our infrastructure problems?
The Jobs were not as shovel ready as we thought.

That is an echo of a partisan talking point, stupid and ignorant.
That is Sarcasm!

Yes, sometimes sarcasm is used by the stupid and ignorant, though they are unaware of that fact.

You're a case in point.

Cons, whine and gnash your teeth all you want, we aren't going back to 1886. You can get close though, go turn off your electricity, put the toilet out back, and sit in your house with nothing but candles every night. I know most of you don't read so you can stare at the wall more than usual.

And voila!
YEah, because changing the laws back to the ones we had in 1886 means we have to turn back all the technical progress we've made since then.

Yeah, that sounds logical.

You're a special kind of dumbass. Ya know it, Newton?

Thank you, you're just 'special'.

Are you really this delusional? Where did you check your brain, and do you still have the chit to get it back?

This is not the EPA's fault, or the governor's fault, or the financial manager's fault. It is the fault of the elected politicians over the years in Flint (mainly Democrats) who, year after year, declined to replace the aging and dangerous infrastructure, hoping that when "catastrophe" happened, they would already be enjoying their stolen government pensions and someone later could be blamed.

The many "warnings" that were sounded over the past year were lost among hundreds of other warnings that state and federal executives get every day, only a few of which can be taken seriously due to the sheer volume of them (remember, the "warnings" about 9/11?).

And what, exactly, is this catastrophe? No one has died, no one has actually gotten seriously sick, and a bunch of people have a bit of residual lead in their bodies that could in the future result in some minor problems - but probably will just dissipate in time. A lot of people are going through a lot of aggravation now, and the various taxpayers are paying a lot of money, which is just a down payment on what will ultimately have to be spent to get acceptable drinking water to this God-forsaken town. It would probably be cheaper to give every housing unit a portable filter and live with it that way. Or just re-locate everyone.

It ain't a partisan thing. It is a matter of politicians who don't want to give their constituents any bad news because they are afraid it will cost them their positions in the next election. This should have been fixed decades ago, and it would have cost a ton of money then, but it's been delayed and the results are more serious. But not catastrophic by any means. Nobody died. Nobody even got seriously sick.

The rhetoric, that's what's partisan.

Term limits.

The anti tax hysteria / movement has prevented the efforts of responsible pols to renew, repair, or replace our nation's infrastructure. The infection spread by Grover Norquist and the Republican Party has harmed our nation, almost to the point that transportation is becoming third worldly.

Until responsible representatives do the right thing, something not always popular, we will continue to defer maintenance of the electric grid, bridges, tunnels, roadways, rail roads and other critical components necessary in the 21st Century. Those who worry about the debt our children may inherit would be better served by putting tax dollars into providing for the neglect of the past.

If the roof is not repaired or replaced timely, the home and those it protects will soon suffer. The cost to replace a home is many times more costly than a new roof. Only fools vote for those who keep kicking the can down the road.

Like most regressives you seem to be confused on who is responsible to fund those things. Hint, it ain't the feds.

Too bad your bigotry / biases prevent you from understanding the written word. Have someone read my post above slowly to you and you might (MIGHT) be able to comprehend that not all representatives in the federal system reside in the the Congress of the United States. Of course if you really understood COTUS the answer would be obvious (see Sec. IV).

Sorry hero, my COTUS doesn't have have a Sec. IV, several of the Articles have a Sec. 4. But yes, I know what you were saying, you just have a lousy way of going about saying it, and note to the really clueless, railroads and the electric grid are private for profit companies, improvements should come from their profits, not tax coffers.

Sec. 4 of Art. IV. Good catch, I wrote too fast so thanks for making my point clear.

You're wrong by stating the Electric Grid and RR's are all for profit private sector enterprises, In the United States, a public utility district (PUD) is a special-purpose district or other governmental jurisdiction that provides public utilities (such as electricity, natural gas, sewage treatment, waste collection/management, wholesale telecommunications, water) to the residents of that district.

Google

Note it says nothing about railroads, and guess where they get those other commodities to distribute? That's right, private distribution companies. Very few have their own power generation and distribution equipment and they're usually very small isolated communities.

Looks like this post ^^^ sums up the issue nicely, anyone wonder which party rejected the principles behind the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act?

The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA) (Pub.L. 111–5), commonly referred to as the Stimulus or The Recovery Act, was a stimulus package enacted by the 111th United States Congress in February 2009 and signed into law on February 17, 2009, by President Barack Obama.

What's your point? The stimulus passed. So why didn't Obama fix all of our infrastructure problems?
The Jobs were not as shovel ready as we thought.

That is an echo of a partisan talking point, stupid and ignorant.
That is Sarcasm!

Yes, sometimes sarcasm is used by the stupid and ignorant, though they are unaware of that fact.
Save it for somebody who really cares what you think.

I'm not the one who said it.

I just quoted it.

So much for a partisan talking point!

For someone who claims to be Wry Catcher, this one obviously flew right over your head!

Whoda thunk it.

We all USED to have lead pipes. Like... back in the Roman era. Wikipedia informs us that lead pipes were still common in the early 20th century. I suppose rather than ask why Flint had lead pipes, we should ask why they STILL had lead pipes.

The audacity of the republicans in the Flint hearings yesterday was unconscionable. They are trying to blame the EPA for the leaded water.

Well, the EPA kind of lied about the water so yeah, they have some blame. Normal people understand this. I imagine you will struggle with it.
Normal people understand that destroying the EPA only helps republicans pollute the water, the air and th4e land, for the profits of corporations. Really slimy dude.

The audacity of the republicans in the Flint hearings yesterday was unconscionable. They are trying to blame the EPA for the leaded water.

Well, the EPA kind of lied about the water so yeah, they have some blame. Normal people understand this. I imagine you will struggle with it.
Normal people understand that destroying the EPA only helps republicans pollute the water, the air and th4e land, for the profits of corporations. Really slimy dude.

"Normal" must be a euphemism meaning "dumb." The EPA is infested with communism and its bent on destroying our capitalist economy. Intelligent people understand that the EPA is probably the single greatest threat to our freedom and standard of living.

Do explain to us all exactly how the Republicans have destroyed the EPA.

Try padiwan, try. There is no destroy. Read the fooking thread title again.

Last edited:
Im laughing.......the OP thinks the EPA is exists to improve the environment!!:eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

Still amazed how easily duped the far left are........slaves to consensus reality created by the matrix.:gay:
Jon Rappaport is really good.

Forum List

Back